Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:14:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375284 times)
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:10:25 PM

Block reward is now amazingly high. Start mining PoW!
Yes, I agree, its been a nice couple of days of Magi mining =) I find the best time for mining is the same day as a windows update

That's nice guys!
Community info:

Magi is working on a Facebook campaign and hope to launch that at the end of this weekend.
Other big item is the Proof of Interest campaign.
This awesome campaign ends in a few days.
Interest will be paid at 01-10-2015!
Make sure your wallet-balance is correct!

Smiley
So first we where going full throttle at Cryptsy and now we are going to conquer Facebook? whos next Google?

Looks LIKE it! Grin

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
n0m4d33

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:30:14 PM

I've found a lot of .profile files too and now I am having problems after running ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" CXXFLAGS="-O3", this is the error: " configure: error: GNU MP not found, see https://gmplib.org/ "

Just a shot in the dark (because I don't own a Mac), but you might want to enter the following in a terminal to (re?)install GNU MP:
Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

Thanks for trying, but didn't work.  Embarrassed
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:36:52 PM

I've found a lot of .profile files too and now I am having problems after running ./configure CFLAGS="-O3" CXXFLAGS="-O3", this is the error: " configure: error: GNU MP not found, see https://gmplib.org/ "

Just a shot in the dark (because I don't own a Mac), but you might want to enter the following in a terminal to (re?)install GNU MP:
Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

Maybe Joe can help you or somebody else who is using Mac!

feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 07:56:38 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

You'll probably end up needing to compile GNU MP from the source, then. This guide gives you the proper commands (./configure && make && make install), but be aware that you'll need to grab a copy of autoconf (sudo port -t install autoconf , maybe?) if OSX doesn't ship with one.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:00:06 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

You'll probably end up needing to compile GNU MP from the source, then. This guide gives you the proper commands (./configure && make && make install), but be aware that you'll need to grab a copy of autoconf (sudo port -t install autoconf , maybe?) if OSX doesn't ship with one.
Awesome feldenthorne. Well done!

n0m4d33

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:41:13 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

ok, but what I have to do to compile the GNU from the source?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 08:54:33 PM

Yes, I agree, its been a nice couple of days of Magi mining =) I find the best time for mining is the same day as a windows update

That's nice guys!
Community info:

Magi is working on a Facebook campaign and hope to launch that at the end of this weekend.

Smiley

Proof of Interest? Sounds great. But I don't know where to start (sorry for my ignorance) What do I need to do to participate in it? Could you provide me link/info? Thanks  Smiley

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:00:10 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

Yes think thats what feldenthorne meant. He add a link for a guide. Maybe that can help you.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:03:22 PM

That's nice guys!
Community info:

Smiley

Proof of Interest? Sounds great. But I don't know where to start (sorry for my ignorance) What do I need to do to participate in it? Could you provide me link/info? Thanks  Smiley
Abiky here is a link about the Proof of Interest II campaign.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1096217.0

This one ends in a few days. Hope to launch another campaign soon! But that depends on anonymous donator.

abramsaro

Activity: 28

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:09:03 PM

sweetspot miner is the BEST.  I have an 8 core AMD and I keep my miner set on a block target of 10 XMG with a minimum cpu usage of 10% and a maximum of 30%.  It seems to make my cpu run more stable if I keep the settings low, but even on 30% I still have a higher hashrate than my old i5 processor.

I think this would be a very good thing for the small miner, and would also produce some buy support for XMG from mining other coins when they are more profitable.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1362

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:11:30 PM

That's nice guys!
Community info:

Smiley

Abiky here is a link about the Proof of Interest II campaign.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1096217.0

This one ends in a few days. Hope to launch another campaign soon! But that depends on anonymous donator.

Awesome! Thanks for sharing this link. I will check it out. If there will be another campaign, I will get into it as well.  Cheesy

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
n0m4d33

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:24:45 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

Yes think thats what feldenthorne meant. He add a link for a guide. Maybe that can help you.

I opened the sites, but I don't understand a dot of it. I am not a programer, so I really need that someone give me all the steps to make this miner work . otherwise I will be forced to give up....  Undecided

Sorry guys, for all these nuisance...
Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:46:05 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

I opened the sites, but I don't understand a dot of it. I am not a programer, so I really need that someone give me all the steps to make this miner work . otherwise I will be forced to give up....  Undecided

As I understood, you're on Mac, so sorry I can help you Undecided... Don't worry, I had similar problem to install Magi-qt on my Raspberry Pi 2. But thanks to the really helpful Magi community I succeeded  Wink !
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 09:59:26 PM

Code:
sudo port clean gmp
sudo port -t install gmp

Not a problem.

You have to download the source (gmp-6.0.0a.tar.bz2, for example), unzip it, then open a terminal and navigate to that folder in the terminal window. It will probably be named "gmp-6.0.0a".

Within the unzipped folder, you should find "gmp-6.0.0". This folder contains all the files necessary for autoconf to build a makefile for your system. (You'll notice that the contents are a slew of folders and files, such as acinclude.m4 and bootstrap.c.)

From this directory, issue the commands listed in the tutorial:
Code:
./configure
make
make install

That should install GNU MP on your system in whatever the default directory for libraries is on Macs.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 26, 2015, 10:04:52 PM

sweetspot miner is the BEST.  I have an 8 core AMD and I keep my miner set on a block target of 10 XMG with a minimum cpu usage of 10% and a maximum of 30%.  It seems to make my cpu run more stable if I keep the settings low, but even on 30% I still have a higher hashrate than my old i5 processor.

I think this would be a very good thing for the small miner, and would also produce some buy support for XMG from mining other coins when they are more profitable.
Thanks for the feedback amigo and welcome in our awesome Magi community!

AlCryptoBundy

Activity: 54

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 01:42:09 AM

What's the recommended miner and settings for i7 4790 @ Win7 64? Computer is running 24/7 with no important tasks.
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 02:52:07 AM

@n0m4d33, addition to compiling gmp mentioned by feldenthorne, macports installation might be easy. What you get after running gmp installation? that is,

sudo port install gmp

I don't see any reason macports would reject to install.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:02:30 AM

What's the recommended miner and settings for i7 4790 @ Win7 64? Computer is running 24/7 with no important tasks.

I don't have first-hand info but following are links to the miner:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10712548#msg10712548
http://xmg.makejar.com/

There are no much adjustment you can do as to optimizing parameters to set up the miner, except the number of cores. Most important could be to make sure the cpu cooler is clean and efficient; then check hash rate with different cores; in certain case running with all of cores is not equal to maximum hash. I also suggest a percentage of cpu usage to reduce heats.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 03:10:27 AM

Also, I'd call for you guys shifting a portion of hash into SuchPool that needs bit backing:

https://www.suchpool.pw/xmg/

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2015, 05:49:55 AM

Also, I'd call for you guys shifting a portion of hash into SuchPool that needs bit backing:

https://www.suchpool.pw/xmg/

Share hashrate guys.
 Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 [546] 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: