Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 04:38:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375156 times)
Spexx

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:46:48 PM

I can open the web site too. I would suspect a DNS problem. Try opening a command window as administrator and type ipconfig /flushdns. You can also disable the Windows DNS Client Service which caches DNS lookups locally (and is a right pain in the *** imho).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:48:47 PM

pc 1:

pc 2:

wtf  Undecided
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:51:00 PM

Yeah that's a DNS problem I reckon. See I edited my previous post.

hefty

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:52:18 PM

That's great, Lightsplasher, thanks a lot.

Looks like we have a nice m-face team now (all current magiteam is not mentioned, I will be in touch with them)

Team list:
Code:
kondiomir, go6ooo1212, prfagun1, digibob00, BitcoinFX, NeedIfFindIt, Spexx, hefty, Lightsplasher

To all above members, could you please PM me your contact info other than bitcointalk (e.g., email; you can register an email specifically for the coin so that I won't bother your personal/business mail account), your first name (you can give me a fake name Wink ), a bit information about your expertise (in case we need your help) and what you'd like to do for magi (pls don't force yourself into something which makes you busy, you can say I'd like to do ** in the future, or say I am unable to do any program/code but I can post/answer questions; you can also change "what to do" in the future).

@all others, joining the list is really easy, just let me know if you want to approach towards the team, and as mentioned above, you don't need to code. The bottom line is to be an active member (see rule in the relevant post). That's about it.

joe i have rest of the day free i was thinking of spending it modeling magi coin i will send you my contact info as you mentioned above tommorow if that is fine. Cheers m8s  Smiley

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 01:59:48 PM

Thats nice Hefty. Like you other pictures also. Thats what I mean with modern.
 Grin
Hope the video contest will also receive some modern video's.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 02:24:53 PM

Great move, joe!

To promote the new pool, I lowered the fee to 0 to the end of this month. My goal is to attract 1-4M hash power in total. Please check XMGpool.cf or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10651790#msg10651790

Enjoy free mining!

Coming over to help  Wink
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 02:45:30 PM
Last edit: June 27, 2015, 12:12:18 PM by Spexx

Ladies and Gentlemen. Today we have a ...

New Windows Mining Software Release

32 bit and 64 bit Windows supported.

No, it is not a faster miner (you wish). What we have here is a bunch of packages suitable for beginners/novices/newbies to get up and running with pool mining in double-quick time. They are essentially cut-down versions of my Autominer without pool fail-over (*) or the ability to divide the hashing power across multiple pools.

There is a package available for each of the current XMG mining pools. The software will start a single instance of the miner and run a number of threads equal to the number of processors in your computer by default, but you can choose a lower number if required. The software runs the miner at LOW priority.

I have designed the packages to live alongside each other in the same folder as my Autominer package i.e C:\XMGminer so that they will share a single copy of the minerd binaries. Also, the distribution packages below do not include the minerd binaries so that the initial download does not trigger any anti-virus warnings. The minerd binaries are downloaded automatically if they do not already exist on your computer and a warning about possible interference from anti-virus software is issued before the download starts.

Proof of Mining Campaign II: See here !!

For CoinMagi pool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/iisz9m25zrwryjx/CMpoolWin.exe

For Cloud2b: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/73onffupozcn4jv/C2poolWin.exe

For Magipool: (Not currently accepting new user registrations)

For Maxminers: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/0rgj4hpkbqa5qzq/MaxminersWin.exe

For Suprnova: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8sbfhs1nqg2j1j0/SuprnovaWin.exe

For XMGpool: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/8fu54tsu10ky9s1/XMGpoolWin.exe

All these have the same look and feel, since they are virtually the same code. Download the package for the required mining pool and run the executable. This is a self-extracting Zip file which unzips to C:\XMGminer by default. Once unzipped, run the setup file, which is a subtly different name depending on which package you have:-

Proof of Mining Campaign II: See here !!

CoinMagi pool: Run C:\XMGminer\CMsetup.bat

Cloud2b: Run C:\XMGminer\C2setup.bat

Magipool:  (Not currently accepting new user registrations)

Maxminers: Run C:\XMGminer\MXsetup.bat

Suprnova: Run C:\XMGminer\SNsetup.bat

XMGpool: Run C:\XMGminer\Xsetup.bat (note: not XPsetup.bat Wink I did not like the sound of that)

You will need to provide your pool username, worker name and worker password. After that you get the choice of how many threads you want to run (default = number of processors), then it asks if you want any custom minerd switches (default = none). The software creates a startup file for you and creates a desktop icon for it.

Note: If you need to mine through a proxy you will need to enter a custom minerd switch in this form:-

--proxy=[protocol]://[host address]:[port number]      e.g. --proxy=http://123.123.123.123:1234

The whole procedure can be completed in under a minute, provided that you have set up your mining pool account beforehand.

The software also includes options to run an operational test, a benchmark, to download the whole package again and to download the latest minerd binaries, which will come in useful if/when I update the minerd.

(*) I lied. The code does actually include some lines to provide for fail-over to one other pool but I have not implemented it in this release. They "fail-over" to the same pool. If you know a good bit of Windows command line programming you should be able to spot it and implement pool failover just by editing a single line of code. Now there's a challenge for you.

Happy hashing Smiley

More resources

Also available, the XMG Magi Miner Speed Controller now with SweetSpot targeting

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/c9uuplrs8yzodp3/XMGMinerSpeed.exe

Download the executable file and run it.
This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer\MinerSpeed by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\MinerSpeed\Setup.bat which creates a startup script and desktop icon for you.

With this utility you can limit the speed of the miner manually to any percentage of full speed you choose, which is useful if your PC is susceptible to overheating (such as with some laptops).

As an alternative, you can also use my version of SweetSpot targeting. This works by limiting the speed of the miner when XMG block rewards are below the threshold value you choose. This saves energy costs by not mining at full speed for little reward. An added refinement will run the miner at full speed when the XMG nethashrate is below the threshold you choose. This assists the network when block solutions are taking longer to find than average. You can also set the maximum and minimum miner speeds as required for the ultimate in flexibilty.

Did I say the ultimate in flexibilty? There's more. You can choose Hard, Firm, Mild or Soft SweetSpot limiting too. Hard limiting simply limits the miner speed to the minimum setting when the XMG block rewards are below the threshold value. The other limiting modes apply a more gradual response over a range of XMG block values.

The default settings provided are 20% minimum speed, 100% maximum speed, threshold block value 3 XMG and threshold XMG nethashrate 22 Mh/s with Hard limiting.

Happier hashing Cheesy

Keep an eye on the mining pools with XMG Magi PoolStats

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ims150be2wgxtoo/XMGpoolstats.exe

This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer\PoolStats by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\PoolStats\Setup.bat which creates a desktop icon for you.

The new XMG Magi Miner Benchmark utility

This utility will run a miner in the background for 10 minutes, collect the CPU and hashrate information, then display the results in an information window. It also preserves the results in a text file with the date and time as part of the file name. Provided that the computer is otherwise completely idle, this utility should provide a reliable and repeatable benchmark figure for your computer (in Kh/s) to within about +/- 0.4 percent. Running the benchmark while Windows is booted into Safe Mode will give the most consistent results. The text file output can be copied and pasted into a Forum post or Private Message for example, to allow others to share your results.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/2e0drofxohty4m0/XMG-Bench-Win.exe

This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Benchsetup.bat which creates a startup script and desktop icon for you.

The package is designed to live alongside my Autominer software (or any of those above) and use the same minerd binaries as your current configuration, but it can also be used standalone. If the minerd binaries are not present in a sub-folder, the Benchsetup.bat will download them for you (subject to the usual warnings about anti-virus software).

Not forgetting the original XMG Magi Autominer utility

Forget about editing batch files. Whether you want to do solo mining with the wallet or mining on the pools, this utility is a must-have to make your life easier. Just answer a series of questions and provide some info and this software will sort everything out for you and create a Desktop icon for your convenience. Autominer supports:-

* Auto-detection of hardware and Windows version. (selects correct minerd for you)
* Single or Multiple mining pools. (multiple pools for fault-tolerance and hash-spreading)
* Single or Multiple minerd processes. (multiple minerd processes for higher efficiency)
* Automatic CPU load-balancing for highest efficiency. (when Multiple minerd processes are selected)
* Single or Multiple worker names on the pool(s). (sequentially numbered)
* Automatic fail-over if a mining pool goes offline.
* Spreading hashpower among mining pools. (multi-core CPU required)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/4d29lkbn5b19l3y/XMGminer-Win-Setup.exe

This is a Setup stub containing a minimal set of files. Download the executable file and run it.
This is a self-extracting Zip file which extracts to folder C:\XMGminer by default.
Once unzipped, run C:\XMGminer\Setup.bat which downloads the rest of the package and then presents a menu of options which should be self-explanatory. This is quite a "mature" piece of software now and the documentation needs improving. There is a newer version in the pipeline. Any problems, just post here and I will try to help.

Note: If you need to mine through a proxy you will need to enter a custom minerd switch in this form when prompted:-

--proxy=[protocol]://[host address]:[port number]      e.g. --proxy=http://123.123.123.123:1234

Happy hashing Smiley

seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:04:34 PM

(*) I lied. The code does actually include some lines to provide for fail-over to one other pool but I have not implemented it in this release. They "fail-over" to the same pool. If you know a good bit of Windows command line programming you should be able to spot it and implement pool failover just by editing a single line of code. Now there's a challenge for you.

Wow, I like the "fail-over" feature, this is such an useful miner function.  Smiley
dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:27:49 PM

@Spexx, I want to try your software, after download the miner binaries, I got this:
C:\XMGminer\Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Do you foolish me? Huh
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:37:07 PM

@Spexx, I want to try your software, after download the miner binaries, I got this:
C:\XMGminer\Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

Do you foolish me? Huh

Well that file is a self-extracting Zip file which was created two months ago and works perfectly on 32 and 64 bit.

I suspect that the download failed (probably due to a network timeout) and the file is corrupted. Try running the setup again.

You can also try downloading that file directly from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uudj2npeyixesjb/Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.exe

and then just run it to extract the minerd binaries to folder C:\XMGminer, then run the setup again.

Hope this helps

Erkallys
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:46:28 PM

No, it is not a faster miner (you wish). What we have here is a bunch of packages suitable for beginners/novices/newbies to get up and running with pool mining in double-quick time. They are essentially cut-down versions of my Autominer without pool fail-over (*) or the ability to divide the hashing power across multiple pools.

There is a package available for each of the current XMG mining pools. The software will start a single instance of the miner and run a number of threads equal to the number of processors in your computer by default, but you can choose a lower number if required. The software runs the miner at LOW priority.

I have designed the packages to live alongside each other in the same folder as my Autominer package i.e C:\XMGminer so that they will share a single copy of the minerd binaries. Also, the distribution packages below do not include the minerd binaries so that the initial download does not trigger any anti-virus warnings. The minerd binaries are downloaded automatically if they do not already exist on your computer and a warning about possible interference from anti-virus software is issued before the download starts.

For Magipool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/on6zmk5suokgjt7/MagipoolWin.exe

For Maxminers: https://www.dropbox.com/s/7r2m37qsp9mxa9e/MaxminersWin.exe

For Noncepool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/rjy33xqqqgbs2pp/NoncepoolWin.exe

For Suprnova: https://www.dropbox.com/s/w7f53m0co2ehcp8/SuprnovaWin.exe

For XMGpool: https://www.dropbox.com/s/70ffmrr91v71js6/XMGpoolWin.exe

All these have the same look and feel, since they are virtually the same code. Download the package for the required mining pool and run the executable. This is a self-extracting Zip file which unzips to C:\XMGminer by default. Once unzipped, run the setup file, which is a subtly different name depending on which package you have:-

Magipool: Run C:\XMGminer\MPsetup.bat

Maxminers: Run C:\XMGminer\MXsetup.bat

Noncepool: Run C:\XMGminer\NPsetup.bat

Suprnova: Run C:\XMGminer\SNsetup.bat

XMGpool: Run C:\XMGminer\Xsetup.bat (note: not XPsetup.bat Wink I did not like the sound of that)

You will need to provide your pool username, worker name and worker password. After that you get the choice of how many threads you want to run (default = number of processors), then it asks if you want any custom minerd switches (default = none). The software creates a startup file for you and creates a desktop icon for it.

The whole procedure can be completed in under a minute, provided that you have set up your mining pool account beforehand.

The software also includes options to run an operational test, a benchmark, to download the whole package again and to download the latest minerd binaries, which will come in useful if/when I update the minerd.

Happy hashing Smiley

When I set up more than one pool it don't work. It mine only on one pool, the first. And why do you removed the ancient pools ?
dsyahputera

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 03:47:40 PM

- snip -

Well that file is a self-extracting Zip file which was created two months ago and works perfectly on 32 and 64 bit.

I suspect that the download failed (probably due to a network timeout) and the file is corrupted. Try running the setup again.

You can also try downloading that file directly from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uudj2npeyixesjb/Spexx-Win64-generic-XMGminerd.exe

and then just run it to extract the minerd binaries to folder C:\XMGminer, then run the setup again.

Hope this helps
Ah you're right, the download failed, just downloaded about 4.46MB (71%). Sorry, and thanks for the helps Wink
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:05:50 PM

When I set up more than one pool it don't work. It mine only on one pool, the first. And why do you removed the ancient pools ?

These new packages are intended to work only on one pool. You can patch one line in the code to provide fail-over to one other pool if you want, but it will only work on one pool at a time. Fail-over will occur only when the first pool goes offline - which you can simulate by unplugging the network cable until it tries to connect to the second pool, then plug the cable back in. It will also fail-over back to the first pool if the second pool goes offline. It will fail-over a total of 6 times before reporting the problem and asking for input from the user.

If you want to spread your hashing power across two or more pools (in addition to providing automatic fail-over), you need the Autominer package and to select "Multiplex Mode" when prompted during the setup.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dw7yjssjrrqp0m1/XMGpoolminerWin64.exe

Another way to spread your hashing power across two (or more) pools is to run, say, one miner on Suprnova and another miner on Noncepool, with half the number of threads on each. For example, if your computer has 4 cores then run 2 threads on Suprnova and 2 threads on Noncepool.

Why did I remove the "ancient" pools? Because they are no longer in operation. Maybe I have misunderstood your question?

Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:30:10 PM

Wow, I like the "fail-over" feature, this is such an useful miner function.  Smiley

That has been a standard feature of my Autominer from the start. The list of pools built during the setup functions as both a fail-over list and a spread-hash list.

So I see! Lots of lovely hash-power and you mined a block about an hour ago. Thanks.

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:42:21 PM

Well done again Spexx! Post the latest miners here also pls.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848697.20

Smiley

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Spexx

Mining Co-operative

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 04:54:38 PM

Well done again Spexx! Post the latest miners here also pls.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=848697.20

Smiley

Consider it done Cheesy

goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2015, 05:41:22 PM

i am playing all night with render settings 4 intro 4 magi tutorial video im trying to make, i made 2 magipay walpapers/test rends for fun  Smiley

click image upload

uploading pictures

Wow Hefty just wow Shocked
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:44:38 PM

Awesome updates, Spexx, thanks.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:53:34 PM

Great move, joe!

To promote the new pool, I lowered the fee to 0 to the end of this month. My goal is to attract 1-4M hash power in total. Please check XMGpool.cf or
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg10651790#msg10651790

Enjoy free mining!

Sent some hash too, and added to OP; donation is highly recommended to support pool running.

https://twitter.com/CoinMagi/status/574990864159735808

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
March 09, 2015, 05:57:49 PM

i am playing all night with render settings 4 intro 4 magi tutorial video im trying to make, i made 2 magipay walpapers/test rends for fun  Smiley

Wow Hefty just wow Shocked
yep, it's really amazing;  Kiss I'm a little bit curious when watching it again today, why choosing cube but not sphere, just kidding.  Grin

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Pages: « 1 ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 [328] 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: