Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:07:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375266 times)
UPBebop

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 01:55:55 PM

What is daily PoW emission?
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
UPBebop

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 03:08:04 PM

What is daily PoW emission?
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 05:41:24 PM

Hey 111magic, any update on payouts for PoM2?

Thanks.
Redrover

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:05:59 PM

I'd like to say that the first MAGI Coin pool on a RaspberryPi has been opened, with 0% FEE.

Supported by the developers of the coin!

Join us @ https://magipi DOT tk/

Testing out the new pool, could use a little help with a few more miners if anyone out there has some hashrate they can spare from the bigger pools.
https://magipi.tk/

Thanks!
111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:20:01 PM

Thanks.

Hmm thought I saw your address passed by today during the payouts. Check wallet pls.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
z0n0
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1006

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 06:50:36 PM

Thanks.

Hmm thought I saw your address passed by today during the payouts. Check wallet pls.

Yup, got it.
The Frisian
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1003

Senior Developer and founder of ViMeAv ICT

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2015, 06:56:43 PM

Thanks.

Yup, got it.

Got it too, thanks Magic and team.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 07:23:39 PM

Thanks.

Yup, got it.

Got it too, thanks Magic and team.
Your welcome all. If you did not receive any coins yet don't worry. I will do payouts everyday because its a long list. So for some it will take few days longer.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 09:36:48 PM

official launch of the Magi Android app on Friday, November 13th, 2015

Lightsplasher

Activity: 371
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 06:31:27 AM

if you want large miner POW frustration, I'll give it to you:

you should kill pools, rework magi daemon to accept up to 250Kh/s - roughly three i7 CPUs

centralization is bad for any coin, the more miners mine solo, more good for the network, the more miners mine at single pool the less secure is network, then we have botnet, botnet is bad and good, it's bad for POW miners as they get less for same Watt/hour invested, but it's good for POS miners as they purchase those POW blocks @ bellow cost Watt/hour(price they pay is less than if they payed for electricity to POW those blocks)

POW miners will either have to adapt or leave, I was POW @ bitcoin, then I adapted to mine scrypt and convert to/buy bitcoins, then adapted to mine x11 and convert to/buy bitcoins and at last I left, but I still have/use it!

there is a service that converts other coins to magicoin a few pages behind, adapt, use it!

coin was advertised as green, mine when you idle, make it so, kill pools, botnet can't create/manage hundreds of daemons that easily.

What about P2Pool? I'm not very familiar with it, could it help?
If you need a local wallet in order to solo mine, it would make it impossible to use other low power devices (as has been discussed before).

The problem with requiring an address with no funds or putting a max hash limit in somehow it would be that someone with a very high hashrate could split it between a thousand different addresses and make it appear that they are many small miners.  That is why I think the best option is to reduce the PoW reward, and then reimburse small miners through an automatic proof of mining that they can sign up for on the coinmagi.org website, and sign a message in their wallet to verify their address.  There needs to be a 1000-2000 XMG minimum to make it expensive for a single miner to sign up a lot of different addesses.  The thing that we still need to figure out is how the website will calculate an individuals hashrate.  I was thinking that this might be able to be accomplished by having miners set their pool payout to some specific value that would then be seen in the blockchain.  Anyone have any ideas for this?

I think most pool software can graph out the average hash rate over 24 hours.  I think if you just verify that some hashing was done above a certain required minimum that might be enough.  I'm wondering about where you would get the funds for PoM payments though if your reducing the PoW reward and have a very low PoS rate.

Even with a lower PoW reward there is still the issue of somebody way overpowering things and taking all the limited reward.  It is better to me to distribute the funds correctly in the first place than try to fix things afterward with redistribution, hence my idea of mining all the block rewards to a single address to be divided evenly.

Yes, in the long run hash limiting might have issues too, perhaps you might need to tie it in somehow to having a requirement for a minimum 1000 – 2000 XMG investment as well but that gets more complex.

Some possible voting suggestions:

Nothing needs changing
    Lets talk about it more
    PoS only same rate
    PoS only 15%
    PoS only 20% with 5 XMG cap
    PoS only 50% with 5 XMG cap
    Hash limit PoW to solo mining
    Mine PoW to a single address
    Make adjustments to PoW
    Voting is worthless in an oligarchy (Just kidding) Cheesy
Good see the different options here. If we could fill this list we could launch a poll and see what the community likes the most.
This period will be very important for the future of Magi.
During this time Magi would also like to receive some feedback about the app.
If you would like to test the app or already tested it send me a pm.

I don't think that hash limit or mining to a single address is a viable option.  Mining software can be written in such a way that submitted shares can be sent to multiple places.  This means that one person could have a worker at all of the pools but only be using one device to do it.  I think that making adjustments to PoW is a good option.  Lowering the rewards will mean less coins are produced each day, which might cause magi coin to be stable at a higher price.  Trying to make the coin viable for mining on old equipment is a tough goal to be achieved,  because something that is profitable with outdated hardware will always be more profitable with newer faster better hardware.  Moore's law is coming into play here and new hardware is orders of magnitude faster, and will continue to be so for the foreseeable future.

I would be happy with changing (increasing) the PoS rewards as well, but I think XMG is unique because it has both PoW and PoS.  Going to PoS only may cause the transaction times to increase, which would make magi less attractive as a currency coin.  Having a cap is a good idea to control inflation so that PoS blocks found with more coins as the input transaction stake at a lower rate.  One problem with this is that you can still split the coins into many ideally sized transaction, requiring more technical expertise and putting new users at a disadvantage because they don't know how to stake as well.  Another problem with PoS only is that the price could be less stable.  More incentive for staking is a good thing, but I think having a sliding scale between 5%-10% and having a hard cap on reward would be enough.  Making small tweaks to both the PoS and PoW could be the best option.

I'm not sure if hash limit is viable either but could be worth considering if it was not subject to abuse or too difficult for most people to setup.  For mining into a single address - Greencoin forces half the block reward to be paid out to the foundation at a single address so I believe this can be done, but there has been some issues with this.  I do have concerns with both of these solutions and view them more as a temporary fix we could try until the value of the coin gets higher so I'm not sure it is worth the testing and development.

There are a lot of PoS only coins out there setup with all kinds of rates so it is a difficult decision to think about going PoS only and giving up on the unique aspect of this coin.

Yes, the more I'm thinking about it the more I'm leaning towards the “making small tweaks to PoS and PoW option”.  I would tweak the PoW reward downward and the PoS reward up a bit to maintain around the same number of new coins produced per day.  Even going to a zero block reward on PoW when the rate spikes too high very quickly might help.  Reacting faster to hash rate changes (quickly dropping the block reward) needs to happen to discourage pumping big hash.

In the long run even having a zero block reward on a big spike in hash rate could cause issues if the price was high and PoS rate remained low like it is.  I think having most of the new coin creation suddenly cut off could be used to an advantage to manipulate the market.  Because of this I think in the long run the PoW block rewards should eventually dwindle down to near nothing kind of like bitcoins block reward and PoS is better off with a block reward cap unless it remains very low like it is.
24core

Activity: 582
Merit: 250

An Impressive Purely Anonymous Currency.

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2015, 08:38:02 AM

I think we need to focus on the principles rather than the solutions. Once we agree the principles we can then look at the solutions. I’m not an expert in cryptocurrency but I’m used to writing IT strategies for web platforms.  I’ll just point out some of the principles I have picked up over the years and apologies for my basic understandings on some of them.
  • 1.   Quick Transaction Speed
    a.   What - When a payment is made the transaction should not be longer than x minutes. This will…
    b.   Why – People like fast payments.
    c.   How - ?
    2.   Number of coins
    a.   What – Number of coins should grow at x% and reach a total of y million
    b.   Why – Support lost coins and ensure existing coins do not devalue.
    c.   How - ?
    3.   Coin Interest
    a.   What - We would like interest on coin because
    b.   Why – Ensure coin holders are rewarded for minting coin to support point 1.
    c.   How - ?
    4.   Investment
    a.   What - The coin should have a sustained investment.
    b.   Why – Support the delivery of the roadmap.
    c.   How - ?
    5.   Wide adoption
    a.   What – Increase the number of merchants, etc. that support the coin.
    b.   Why – Wide adoption = success
    c.   How - ?
    6.   Exchanges
    a.   What - Ensure coin is on as many exchanges as possible.
    b.   Why - Increase volume of trade.
    c.   How - ?
I am sure there many other principles but I am very keen to secure a clear plan for point 4 – Investment.  I have seen many coins die over the years and I want this coin to succeed.  I think we should be selfless for a while and see how we can ensure there is money available both short term and long term development. For example some of the interest we earn goes to a central fund – who knows.
I am impressed magicoin has lasted this long but next year will make or break this coin.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 08:57:18 AM

Wow. Nice posts Lightsplasher and 24core.
I will check the list also and give my opinion about it.

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:47:29 PM

Coin of the Magi, unique next generation currency for people everywhere!

Coin Magi (XMG) is an online payment system, enabling instant payments to anyone in the world without needing an intermediary.
With Coin Magi, anyone in the world can issue digital coins through their personal computers and a software-based minting process. Coin Magi removes the competitive nature of minting and offers an even playing field for anyone looking to issue currencies without expensive equipment. Coin Magi distinguishes itself from other counter parties by its fairness, cost effective and energy efficiency in maintaining the operation of the system.

PROOF OF WORK – POW
M7M (v2) hash function – only CPU mining
Iterative sequential algorithm and numerical computation operating through GMP floating points to disable parallel implementation
Block time: 3 minutes
MagiQuantumWave (MQW) difficulty adjustment per block
A new difficulty dependent block rewarding system to disable large mining farms

PROOF OF STAKE II – POS-II
New staking mechanism PoS-II
Transaction dependent coin age; minimum coin age: 2 hours
Maximum coin age : see following explanation
Network weight dependent interest rate, maximum 5%;
Block time: 1.5 minutes;
Block hash: SHA256;
Maturity: 120

MAGI WALLETS

Freenode IRC: #magi  |   Skype: coin.magi  |   QQ group: 337678945  |   Email: support@coinmagi.org

MagiPay Standalone Payment Gateway for Coin Magi

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

MAGI MINING
Magi is designed to be energy efficient on the whole, through a variety of dynamic adjustment mechanisms as well as its focus on the CPU mining. The general design concept is to reduce energy consumption during PoW. The use of hybrid PoW/PoS in the meantime secures the network.
Mine Magi with your computer.

New in Crypto?

Pools

Multi-Pool
https://multi.magipool.info/
Guide

INFO

Block Explorers

_______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________

EXCHANGES

Cryptsy |Bittrex | Poloniex | Bleutrade | Cryptopia

Vote for XMG on Askcoin here:

Buy XMG using fiat currency.

XMG Faucets

_______________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________

Services & Merchants

Dedicated Website Hosting Services

Webshop: DrPecksbees

Webshop/market Cointopay

Blueprint Enhancement Service

https://pexpeppers.com/

http://www.armisgame.com/

http://hausfay.com/

http://bitscoinshop.com.br/en/

Tourism in Indonesia (yogyakarta) offered by Coinkita

Magi Cloudstaking

_______________________________________________________________________________ ________

Games & video's

Need to update this one with the new MagiPi pool! https://t.co/uiHtHQJfO8

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 09:51:57 PM

official launch of the Magi Android app on Friday, November 13th, 2015

Now that is something that I would be anxiously waiting for. This is so great. Magi is growing everyday with fresh new development and its community. Now there is one thing I would like to know. Is it possible to gain profits from Coin Magi by mining or it would never be profitable? I'm just curious.  Roll Eyes

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 10:04:26 PM

Think it depends on the costs you have for power.
At the moment Magi has a value of €0.0159 = 1 XMG.
So for some it gives profit. But only if you sell them.
Maybe with little patience the profit will be a lot higher! Smiley

Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:06:22 PM

Great. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Even though, it is still fun to mine Magi with my CPU. All of my mined XMG are kept safe in a paper wallet for future use. Perhaps, the price would be higher by then. So now it is the perfect time to mine or buy more Magi as the price right now is dirt cheap.  Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
d0om

Activity: 171

View Profile
November 07, 2015, 11:37:19 PM

Great. Thanks for sharing your opinion. Even though, it is still fun to mine Magi with my CPU. All of my mined XMG are kept safe in a paper wallet for future use. Perhaps, the price would be higher by then. So now it is the perfect time to mine or buy more Magi as the price right now is dirt cheap.  Grin

XMG looks like a good coin to have a little bit of, and in one year go: "Oh wow, XMG at 75000, holyshit I have tons of those. Almost forgot!"

joelao95 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1009

Coin of the Magi!

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 04:26:45 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 04:51:30 AM by joelao95

The recent price variation displays that magi runs the opposite to BTC, unlike those altcoins such as LTC following the same pattern. It is mostly the reason that one may cash out BTC to gain benefits. All altcoins, except those mainstream ones, may not avoid this end. It isn't all about price, but as far as price is concerned, altcoins are more likely pumped high and dumped low. When attention (speculation for example) is shifted off the coin, getting lower price is almost certain. This is awkward but it'll be weird if we talk about rational norms in this land filled with "coins" coming out everyday. A coin with number of coins generated in PoW each day is under the pressure of price lowering; however, diminishing this cause is yet to eliminate the essential reason towards low price. What's matter factoring in this process and stabilizing or pushing the price is wide adoption, by people, though merchants are one of the channels, they are the middle part reaching more people, and mining is the bridge too. In contrast to wide adoption, centralization is obviously the one which needs to be avoided. When cryptocoins are talked in nowadays, decentralisation, which, in certain conditions, is very much a dream, is a need; heading towards a dream directs what's need to be done.

To make magi to be towards a mainstream, legitimate approaches should be followed in my view. What/how those are legitimate? To be frank, I did have naive thinkings and concerns initially on the price; to think of legitmate, we might drop off price factors, or diminish the role of the factors which worry about the price too much. Though people care about the price, one must admit P&D isn't the way we're heading. We can push magi in a formal way. With that in mind, what's happening should not simply cure a symptom, or raise up additional unsettled issues. We may push out technical contributions which are useful in general and are very much needed to this land.

We may hold on a few basic features for magi without compromising for the purpose of curing the things, nor should we eliminate some of them as a remedy to the "brokens". Magi supposes 1) coin distribution among people, 2) low costs in maintaining the network; at the least these two make transformation positively towards the wide adoption. It would be very tough to make a purpose (or sort of) to please the miners. What's need of mining for profits is mostly contrast to the idea, and this isn't the purpose of the way that bitcoin is designed either. Instead how coins are distributed into miners is the crucial process. What's proposed by people in prior posts are not unlikely and doable but we'll need research & verification to make them sounds feasible firmly. In my limited knowledge by far, the following is a to-do list, mostly, which I had ideas coming up time-to-time, so they aren't minutes ideas at this writing. You may not expect perfect solutions which, without more depth research, are barely possible, neither the bitcoin is as well.

Listed are in order of preferences. Don't expect too soon; I am keen to carry on but would not be able to at this time. If one has patience enough, we may see these coming along at some point (I'm not rushing on the coin but more pleased to be with it (plus some personal stuffs as mentioned earlier)).

1) The algo and it'll need a look at possible change in the way how hash is found; however, if the FPGA is supposed to do anything like CPU, nothing special. We'll get the first-hand experience with FPGA or GPU etc for know-how, however. As I pointed out it is nearly impossible to deal with mining farms by any techs, and what needs to be dealt with are their capabilities.

2) Improvement on the difficulty adjustment. The difficulty issue is actually the center of the issues. This will benefit dozen of aspects and thus this improvement is almost a must. The block reward adjustment is based on difficulty; because of its insane variation, difficulty used in the block reward calculation must be averaged out by taking into account many past blocks. For this reason, there is a lag in what's happening in hashrate and what's generated in rewards. A proper adjustment in difficulty will benefit the blocks being generated in an equal time spacing by which we can avoid the 51% attack, and the network is quite secured. Obviously business merchants are pleased by this fact too. The more profound solutions in the difficulty may come out changes in the hash finding. Implementation of this is absolutely a great contribution to this land.

3) A smart adjustment of the reward. I pretty think this is crucial but we need a smart adjustment of the reward to be super responsive. With the improvement of 2), this won't be difficult. There are few situations:

a) big miners are for profits, they will be frustrated by the rewards, and they won't stay long;
b) big miners fire 51% attack, though I suppose the improved block time would resist this to happen, extra works need to be done;
c) big miners abuse the system; for no reasons, they stay. The PoW stops running by i) trivial / zero rewards, ii) shutting down PoW blocks. I need a comprehend thinking on this. Absolutely this would cause critical concerns since generic miners get nothings. These are the remedies:

i) I recalled a post about the idea, one runs a node and gets the rewards; I believe we could implement a thing like masternode or the like; under a (protection) mode, partial of coins turn to the network who run the nodes. I am actually not a fan of enforcing people to have a certain amount of coins to get the right to claim coins but it can be likely.

ii) We have been developing an idea of running cloud mining with the revenue used to buy XMG. I believed a portion of the coins can go to encouraging individual miners. This is yet to be in plan of implementation, and also not a solution of 3).

iii) This might be insane, so weird idea. The magi team build a super miner which comes along and compensates the hashrate because miners' leaving when coming the big miners. This is not a solution of 3).

In my view, the solution to the big miners' abusing is quite passive, and there are no real solutions to that by far to my knowledge. Shutting the PoW down and put the coin in a PoS mode is the way going. This solution is far better than bitcoin, though it is unlikely, but technically if one sets a super miner to control the network, that's the end; if this is not happening to bitcoin, but could happen to other altcoins.

It quite sounds weird by a fact that the big miners takes more than half of the hashrate. When we implement the above, we won't need to worry too much about that, as long as the network is secured. For the business side, it's none of their worries about who is mining, right?

4) This is pretty a plan I mentioned and am actually reluctant to talk it about. I am keen to implement a solar powered miner and make zero mining cost; this is one of the reasons we need PoW and would be great to reach more people. Mining should really go to the casual phase in my view, and should never be taken as a serious business (then I wouldn't order my KnCminer; giving them a chance to abuse or cheat the system), though it is likely a dream, it is a dream I'd like to advocate. Imagining solar powered miners running all over the world 24 hour a day and 7 days a week without interrupts by the costs, no matter how big miners are on or off. You are seeing that one may abuse the system, but I see a fact: coins go to majority hands than minority. Network security isn't an issue once we get improvement on the difficulty; surely security concern should be censored.

5) Any more?

Here's the socialized, partially centralized solution, are you ready comrades? Cheesy

Is it possible to fix the PoW block reward at perhaps 5 xmg and pay it out to only one address in the network, no matter which miner finds it?  Then using an advanced form of PoM rewards we can then pay out miners with equal amounts from funds in this address.

Each miner having at least 2000 XMG could register their address and use it for mining.  PoM payments could automatically go out evenly each day to all miners with at least this minimum balance and a consistent 24 hour hash rate.

Having a certain amount of XMG (2000?) at an address that gets the PoM payments is needed so that people who are not supporting the coin through saving value can't register multiple miners for PoM payments.

I am thinking the reward reduction as fragilefungi mentioned, however it may not sound a right one way to go. Taking the BTC strategy (it may not sound a standard but it was an example), with 50 BTC/block initially, 7200 BTC in a day, which is little high XMG average amount of 5000 coins in a day. Provided rising in XMG's value over time, we will expect more miners and then reduction in the generated coins (plus yearly reduction see https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=735170.msg9991269#msg9991269). Pushing maximum to 5 XMG may frustrates generic miners a lot, though we can hold the price and prevent big miners (they may also abuse the system with no reason), we may reach less people than expected. There exactly exists a balance point, when less coins are being generated in the long run. The mining revenue should be back to similar to level as what is now (suppose) that needs a reduction in the number of miners. If one is to abuse the system without caring about mining, then it's the same end.

Mining to a single address may sound like we make a big premine and distribute into the community as many coins done in the past.

In the long run I feel we need to gradually decrease the PoW block reward and go full PoS.  (I thought this was the original plan)  This will reduce potential issues.  The way things stand right now can you imagine the problem that would happen if XMG was worth $500 a coin?  A large hash rate miner can take almost the entire PoW block rewards for themselves - as a guess maybe over 400 or 500 xmg in a day?  (The low PoS rate by comparison generates maybe one or two XMG per day for large holders.)  That kind of potential would cause many investors and business some issues and I think it is best we do something about it before the coin gets more valuable.  Kudos to people for pointing this out by the way, if there is a problem with the system we should address it, even though it is difficult.

The initial goal is like going towards the full PoS, but I've leaned that to make coins more energetic, we should be PoW/PoS. The original PoS is unsafe as people can fire up attack. Magi's PoS-II is a nice one but can't fully avoid "richer gets rich" which is one of the issues in PoS. For this reason, PoS interest should never go high. For a simple reason, I've seen many PoS coins go to dead end; this issue is very severe at the early stage of coin distribution (low coin value), and yes this will motivate people buying cheap coins, and can easily pile up. It is certain that price is pushed to a higher level, but we won't agree that coins held by few hands is a good sign, right? When few people hold most of coins, they are actually like the big miners; with the higher interest, the worse the situation. I'd not say this is a certain consequence but most likely. Coins going wide adoption which needs more and more people participating and own the coins; coins bough by a few people is really going the opposite. In addition, making people engaging buying as the primary channel to get coins is something. In my view, PoS is better to be an additive, which will take an important role once the PoW is done; while I am little concerning about the inflation by comparing with coins like bitcoin.

I forgot to mention the assumption of coin price. With price rising by 50000 times to be around $500, every one will gain 50000 of profits. Is this a case? No. Following is actually what happened; with the price rising, there will be more miners joining which reduces the amount of coins generated and individual shares as well, mostly ending up the same mining profit as you will get right now, or similar to mining other coins; This is a balance point, so called market.  

By taking a deep looking at above, I believe this won't happen. Let me know any thoughts.

I agree with Lightsplasher and tittiecoiner here.  In just the last few days we've seen nearly the entire block rewards vanish and or go to one large miner, at this point that large miner is single handedly controlling the coin rewards, that day has already come and we really should do something to fix it.

I guess I've covered the most: high interest, low PoW reward. Regarding the big miner, I'd say he is not controlling but prolong the PoW, of course we need an improvement on PoW reward as mentioned.

no, i meant it that way, that not the net hashrate is taken for calculation, but the hashrate of the acutal solver. is this a miner with high hashrate (as a pool for example), the reward should be lower. is it a solominer, the reward should be higher. with an overall cap by the whole nethashrate. that is my idea.

Actually the coin can't see the network, but only the time spent in finding blocks; so it's not likely to distinguish individuals; but I'll take a look at the possibility.

if you want large miner POW frustration, I'll give it to you:

you should kill pools, rework magi daemon to accept up to 250Kh/s - roughly three i7 CPUs
[...]

As some posts pointed out, people can split their hashrate, though we can imagine how difficult it is when speaking of hundreds of miners, I know people can run multiple daemons in one machine. People always have their potentials to do that. But I don't see this is unlikely and I'll take a look at this as well.

Just another example, let's say I would create my own coin using the same algo as Magi does (or another CPU only algo) and need miners. It would be easy t throw some big hashrate for a few days or weeks on Magi to make my own coin look more profitable.

I don't see this maters; they are many other coins out there probably with profits better than magi, and I failed to see really making mining profitable in either PoW or PoS is important though it is to some degree (that's the PoW reward adjustment), but we shouldn't make it as #1. Also I believe people mining XMG are not because mining is profitable.

Scrypt coins have similar problems with multipools. When they switch to a coin, the huge hashrate lets the difficulty go up considerably. The script checks all x minutes if a block has been found. If no block was found, the profit switch leaves the coin that remains with much lower total hashrate and a super high difficulty. In order to prevent this, some coins are using DGW and similar techniques.
Maybe you can adapt something like this to solve the reward problem?

Exactly what I need to look at the difficulty we need to improve, and magi needs a more stable block time.

Coin MAGI  . XMG   
Coin Source : Trust Verified    [ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ]
  ♓.NΣTWORK-DΣPΣNDΣNT  RΣWARDING SYSTΣM  ※ 
  ANN THREAD MAGIPAY FAQ FORUM
.CPU Mining   PoS-II   PoM   Unique Block Reward 
fragilefungi

Activity: 143

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:33:59 AM

Wow a long post!  A lot to digest.  I think that if the difficulty adjusted a lot quicker, most of the problems would be solved.

iii) This might be insane, so weird idea. The magi team build a super miner which comes along and compensates the hashrate because miners' leaving when coming the big miners. 

This is actually a really good idea.  I suggested in IRC that the magi community needs the ability to fight fire with fire.  The coins mined by such a super miner could be used for coin giveaways to help distribution be as widespread as possible.  Less of a lag time with the adjustment of difficulty and the resulting block rewards, with a higher baseline hash rate from a magi team super miner would be a good solution.

XMG tips: 9HTdqWpuJpTx51dpskb6XASXPg2GLkD2jL

Best small coin exchange is cryptopia! Sign up and trade!
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 07:08:38 AM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 07:18:51 AM by 111magic

I am keen to implement a solar powered miner and make zero mining cost; this is one of the reasons we need PoW and would be great to reach more people

Dev, that's are really long post. I need to read this a few times. The line above I do like very much.
I also think its a very good sign you as Magi dev are this active. It's good to share your ideas and tell what can be done and what can't be done.
Besides the mining part we all need to help Magi with more merchants, services, games, articles, blog and promotions. Magi has grow to big and if we all would like to see Magi grow more and more should all help with this part. Looking at other alts Magi is doing awesome but Magi has the potential to grow even bigger. Let's all forget about the value and work together. In the future this will have a positive effect on the value. There is a huge knowlegde in the Magi community. Combine those and Magi will be the next generation digital currency for sure.

Pages: « 1 ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 [583] 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: