Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:38:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375351 times)
Jeremy450

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:05:52 PM

if trying to do something like that

easier just do it based on ip and or wallet

if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 1000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by half to bring them down to 500
if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 2000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by 4 to bring them down to 500

or instead of dividing harsh rate divide the payout

that way each user as a poolside hash limiter based on hashrate

and that can easily be included in the wallets as well
ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:38:01 PM

if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 1000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by half to bring them down to 500
if user total hash from  ip/wallet address is doing 2000kh then increase block difficulty to that user or throttle hash rate in the pool side by divide the users total hash by 4 to bring them down to 500

I don't think an limitation will work since it's to easy to by bass both ip / xmg address. With ip, just use a proxy, with xmg address, just generate a new after you minted a new block.
Limiting by hash rate, I would just fire up x amount of docker instances with magi daemon to spread, can even add so they communicate externally via proxies. (If i can think of this, Whales can too)

The reason limits won't work is because it's to easy to by pass them and adds up on technical dept in the code base for magi.

Dividing the payout and you are going to upset the whole community and wouldn't be fair at all(for those who mine at a good rate ofc) - inputed amount of work should be rewarded for that amount of work. Don't think you would like if your co-worker works 10 hrs and get payed the same as you but you work 30 hrs for the same work?

The problem with limiting is that it's often easier to find ways around it and that put's us right back at the start.

trader03

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:39:00 PM

I don't know but you know, now my mindset's like "Come on whales lets jack the network hashrate up to 1 GB/s so that the rewards will be even more close to 0 XMG." Maybe then those whales might FINALLY GET LOST.

Sorry, I'm really getting pissed with only getting 0.05 XMG for 2 consecutive days.

While the net hash rate is above 150,000 Kh / s, it is useless and unprofitable to contribute less than 200 Kh / s.
We would have to wait for the network hash rate down to 50 Kh / s

But it's good that all the low-power hash miners are active to put pressure on the whalers. If the net hach ​​rate triples "400 Kh / s", the hash rate will be more distributed among independent users, maybe the whalers instead of gain will only lose because the algorithm is going to punish them. "I believe"
So miner hold firm position and your miner on, join forces to distribute the net hash rate in a more fair and profitable way. 50Kh / s is the objective 98% of hash rate must be concentrated 90% of the total of workers and 2% of net hash rate in the rest of the workers

danielone80

Activity: 41

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:57:08 PM

Hello,
I installed the miner wolf-m7m-cpuminer-V2 with some precautions(on the command GCC i had to change -march=native with -mcpu=native -mtune=native).

My system have power pc 7 CPUs and Centos7 for PPC 6.4.
I run this command:
./m-minerd  -a m7mhash -o stratum+tcp://xmg.luckypool.ml:3333 -u USERNAME -p PASSWORD -t 1

Only one thread for test, the same result if I set up multiple threads.

I have strings with the result (boooo) instead of yay !!!
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0749yuq_nG4enF2MGtsUDQxMnhFTEV3b3VHVm9HbXc3TG44/view?usp=sharing

In another windows machine, everything works correctly.

Do you have suggestions?

Thanks a lot
Daniel
ParaplegicRacehorse

Activity: 79
Merit: 36

HODL. Patience.

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:08:18 PM

Do you have suggestions?

My suggestion is to mine another cpu coin until the network comes down below 70Mh/s.

I did. I kept a few little-bitties mining XMG because setting them up for other coins is a PITA.

See XMR, VRM, AEON, a few others.

But mining is boring. Still hoping for some marketing and other infos.

How many nodes are active on the network (average, because I know they come-n-go)?
How are planning to keep a certain minimum number up to secure the network (BTC is running into this problem)?
What is this mysterious Feb 1 announcement (just hints! Don't want to spoil it. Let us speculate.)
What are plans for mobile wallets w/o full node attached? Web wallets? Paper wallets? (yes, could not contribute to PoS, but would ease actual use of coin outside of market trading and HODLing)
How is funding for promotion and development happening and planned for future?
Iame3

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:12:19 PM

I don't think an limitation will work since it's to easy to by bass both ip / xmg address. With ip, just use a proxy, with xmg address, just generate a new after you minted a new block.
Limiting by hash rate, I would just fire up x amount of docker instances with magi daemon to spread, can even add so they communicate externally via proxies. (If i can think of this, Whales can too)

The reason limits won't work is because it's to easy to by pass them and adds up on technical dept in the code base for magi.

Dividing the payout and you are going to upset the whole community and wouldn't be fair at all(for those who mine at a good rate ofc) - inputed amount of work should be rewarded for that amount of work. Don't think you would like if your co-worker works 10 hrs and get payed the same as you but you work 30 hrs for the same work?

The problem with limiting is that it's often easier to find ways around it and that put's us right back at the start.

The best limiting factor would be identifying each person by ID/proof of address/email, and giving one wallet address per one identified user, then limiting hashrate at 250kh/s per wallet address. Opinions?
ex33s

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:25:43 PM

The best limiting factor would be identifying each person by ID/proof of address/email, and giving one wallet address per one identified user, then limiting hashrate at 250kh/s per wallet address. Opinions?

So let's centralize a decentralize chain using identification?

But for the sake of it, let's say we give 1 xmg address per mail, easy to create 100 emails = 100 xmg address. Proof of address is easy to fake so same there - new mail with faked proof of address. Id's harder to fake but still doable by creating a market for xmg address with "Hey bud, let me mine on your address and i'll give you 10%"

starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:36:59 PM

Its great to see the limiting algorithm created by Joe in action and working to design, so few magi mined over the last couple of days - I'm sure these people with a lot of power will move on when they realise they are getting no reward.
danielone80

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:41:20 PM

Do you have suggestions?

My suggestion is to mine another cpu coin until the network comes down below 70Mh/s.

I did. I kept a few little-bitties mining XMG because setting them up for other coins is a PITA.

Thank you for your answer,
but my problem is not the profitability of mining, but the fact that in my configuration does not work.
That's I was asking for support.

Thanks
Daniel
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3234
Merit: 1364

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:05:19 PM

Happy New Years all - lets hope for a 2018 as good as 2017 for XMG

Yes. This year (2018) is already beginning and it will be full of surprises and exciting new things for XMG! As it grows in user base, and popularity, it could further rise in value and market cap establishing its presence in the mainstream world. Many altcoins out there promise constant development and exciting features, but none has come up to the point to make mining accessible to anyone in the world like Magi has done.

I believe that its unique mining algorithm is its true value proposition and will attract many people who don't have access to ASICs or even high-end GPUs to get started with cryptocurrency mining. Magi is truly one of the (if not the only) most decentralized cryptocurrencies in existence today.

As for new features for this year of 2018, I would like to suggest an XMG wallet for Android/iOS devices. That way, people could easily access XMG without the need to use their PC every time. This mobile wallet could have an integrated mining feature to allow users to mine Magi with their phone or tablet's CPU. It will make a major boost towards Magi popularity, if implemented. Anyways, it's just a suggestion as the dev decides what's best for the future of XMG. Together, we could make XMG huge! Wink

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
s0litaire

Activity: 133
Merit: 15

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:14:49 PM

IT might be slower that Trump's reading speed but I'm sticking with Magi for now...

#/begin moan
Problem is most of those Wallets use the LTS version of Open SSL which is a pain because it's not compatible with the latest OpenSSL in most Debian based distros...
I know their might be "web-Based" wallets but I don't trust them. like to have them all on my box where i can control the keys and access.

I looked at Aeon... could not get a wallet to run or generate an address...(i think, it was the wallet! all CLI).

VRM The issue of Open SSL version means it can't connect to any network using ssl so it's sitting not being able to
update the blockchain. and the built in miner won't run until the blockchain is up to date.

Not looked at XMR, but since most of these use the same Openssl version i don't think i'd have much luck.

At least Magi had a wallet ran first time... (Yes! it still has the issue with open ssl version, but that only comes in if you are required to compile from source, which is not needed due to the released binary that WORKS!!) Wink
/# end moan

111magic
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:52:56 PM

Happy New Years all - lets hope for a 2018 as good as 2017 for XMG

Yes. This year (2018) is already beginning and it will be full of surprises and exciting new things for XMG! As it grows in user base, and popularity, it could further rise in value and market cap establishing its presence in the mainstream world. Many altcoins out there promise constant development and exciting features, but none has come up to the point to make mining accessible to anyone in the world like Magi has done.

I believe that its unique mining algorithm is its true value proposition and will attract many people who don't have access to ASICs or even high-end GPUs to get started with cryptocurrency mining. Magi is truly one of the (if not the only) most decentralized cryptocurrencies in existence today.

As for new features for this year of 2018, I would like to suggest an XMG wallet for Android/iOS devices. That way, people could easily access XMG without the need to use their PC every time. This mobile wallet could have an integrated mining feature to allow users to mine Magi with their phone or tablet's CPU. It will make a major boost towards Magi popularity, if implemented. Anyways, it's just a suggestion as the dev decides what's best for the future of XMG. Together, we could make XMG huge! Wink

Thats the spirit Abiky.
Thanks for those words.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
txwooley

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

I am new to crypto currency, but I like the idea of Magi.  I have 2 unrelated questions.

First, my son-in-law has been investing in LiteCoin and did quite well.  I want to invest in Magi.  Now he needs cash and wants to sell some LiteCoin.  This looks like an opportunity for me.

Can someone spell out (for dummies) how to best convert his LiteCoin into XMG?  My first thought is to DL a LTC wallet, have him send me some LTC (for cash) and then create an account on Cryptopia where I can send from the LTC wallet and receive into my Magi wallet.  Is this really that simple?  I see where folks are having problems with Cryptopia.  Is this still the case?

My second question regards solo mining.  I get it that solo is not profitable, but this seems like my last chance to try it before solo mining for ANYTHING becomes obsolete.

Can someone walk me through what I am looking at in the terminal (still for dummies) and/or debug logs?  The terminal is running the linux cmd: ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user XXXX --pass XXXX.  It updates several times per second with a hashrate per CPU core (~13.5 khash.sec) but nothing else ever (or not for the 2 days I have been mining).  m-wallet console with the command 'getmininginfo' occasionally reports 1 or 2 blocks as 'currentblocktx:2'.  Does that mean I found 2 blocks?  What must I find to earn any XMG?  Am I looking for a whole chain?  A certain number of blocks?  Is there a way to find the current status/progress toward a solve?

A "Solo Mining for Idiots" guide could be most helpful for guys like me.  Most newb questions are how to set up or get started.  I am computer savvy enough to get it up and running, but not cryptoCurrency savvy enough to know what I am looking at once I do.

Thanks.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:34:34 PM

I am new to crypto currency, but I like the idea of Magi.  I have 2 unrelated questions.

First, my son-in-law has been investing in LiteCoin and did quite well.  I want to invest in Magi.  Now he needs cash and wants to sell some LiteCoin.  This looks like an opportunity for me.

Can someone spell out (for dummies) how to best convert his LiteCoin into XMG?  My first thought is to DL a LTC wallet, have him send me some LTC (for cash) and then create an account on Cryptopia where I can send from the LTC wallet and receive into my Magi wallet.  Is this really that simple?  I see where folks are having problems with Cryptopia.  Is this still the case?

My second question regards solo mining.  I get it that solo is not profitable, but this seems like my last chance to try it before solo mining for ANYTHING becomes obsolete.

Can someone walk me through what I am looking at in the terminal (still for dummies) and/or debug logs?  The terminal is running the linux cmd: ./m-minerd --url http://127.0.0.1:8232 --user XXXX --pass XXXX.  It updates several times per second with a hashrate per CPU core (~13.5 khash.sec) but nothing else ever (or not for the 2 days I have been mining).  m-wallet console with the command 'getmininginfo' occasionally reports 1 or 2 blocks as 'currentblocktx:2'.  Does that mean I found 2 blocks?  What must I find to earn any XMG?  Am I looking for a whole chain?  A certain number of blocks?  Is there a way to find the current status/progress toward a solve?

A "Solo Mining for Idiots" guide could be most helpful for guys like me.  Most newb questions are how to set up or get started.  I am computer savvy enough to get it up and running, but not cryptoCurrency savvy enough to know what I am looking at once I do.

Thanks.
Hi txwooley,

Cryptopia would be an option. But.... this is there message for new customers.

Due to the extremely high number of registrations that have occurred recently we have paused our registration feature while out team works to make changes in our internal systems to cope with the increased level of traffic our site is experiencing.

We apologise for any inconvenence and will resume registrations as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience at this time.

------- 
So maybe if your son already has an account you can use that to sell ltc & but Magi (XMG).
We are working on guides for newbies.
We almost finished the linux guide & OS guide.
If the linux guide is ready i will send it by direct message to you.

txwooley

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:43:37 PM

Thanks for the quick reply 111magic.

I saw that Cryptopia was having issues.  His exchange does not carry XMG or I would have just had him convert it and send it to my wallet.  What other options do I have?  Is Bitrex the only other exchange?  I see ridiculous waiting times to register there.
oxothuk

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:50:05 PM

Its great to see the limiting algorithm created by Joe in action and working to design, so few magi mined over the last couple of days - I'm sure these people with a lot of power will move on when they realise they are getting no reward.
Don`t count big hashers as stupid mans..   please Smiley    
Easy script which calculated profitability for each interesting coin..  When magi not priftable script switch to other coins and back when magi reward grow.
When you ask everyone down their hashrate - you ask them give you some money, but business not work in this way.

As I told before - calculate magi block reward  depends other cpu only coins profitability, and set it below 10%-20%   it will be price  which solo miners pay for remove "whales".

111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:58:47 PM

Thanks for the quick reply 111magic.

I saw that Cryptopia was having issues.  His exchange does not carry XMG or I would have just had him convert it and send it to my wallet.  What other options do I have?  Is Bitrex the only other exchange?  I see ridiculous waiting times to register there.

Yes thats right. Cryptopia also grew huge.
Magi sent 8 requests to other different exchanges.
Hope to give some positive news about that soon.
I don't know if this is still working. But Novaexchange will close in few months. Looks they still have Magi there.
Think you can register there also.

https://novaexchange.com/market/BTC_XMG/

Give it a try

txwooley

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:14:52 PM

Nova Exchange sounds good, but there is no link to register.  A Google search for their registration page finds https://novaexchange.com/register/, but that returns a 404 Not Found.

It's almost like someone REALLY doesn't want me to own Magi.
111magic
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:27:19 PM

Nova Exchange sounds good, but there is no link to register.  A Google search for their registration page finds https://novaexchange.com/register/, but that returns a 404 Not Found.

It's almost like someone REALLY doesn't want me to own Magi.
Hmm i'am thinking about a solution! Do you use telegram or slack?

txwooley

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 07:33:31 PM

If either of those are social media, then no.  Actually, no anyway.  I am a merchant mariner gone from home for ~9 months a year.  I have no social life.
Pages: « 1 ... 1072 1073 1074 1075 1076 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 1140 1141 1142 1143 1144 1145 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 1158 1159 1160 1161 1162 1163 1164 1165 1166 1167 1168 1169 1170 1171 1172 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: