Bitcoin Forum
July 20, 2024, 05:47:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [XMG] MAGI | CPU mining | mPoW | mPoS | [MagiPay]  (Read 2375383 times)
MecaTNO

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:47:09 PM

This Pool

http://prntscr.com/hut6to
cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 04:55:32 PM

I would research the device more, i couldnt find to much information on it, but from what ive read the m7m algo goes off the cache in the processor and mining actually uses very little memory hence why its possible on pi's, i doubt its impossible to get one to mine xmg but you would probably have to write your own miner or heavily modify one of the current ones to run on the xtensia 32bit processor and would expect 0.5h's, and it depends which version the esp32 uses, when looking on the xtensia chip each one is customised to the manufacturers specifications. It's all open source so you can see all the code at https://github.com/magi-project/magi. I think the xtensia chip could actually be quite use full to mine xmg and aeon when looking on the custom order section for the chips, but for someone who is prepared to custom order 100+ chips and build their own usb or asic type miner.

ESP's are very well known by the makers community. There are used for a lot of DIY projects about home-automation, IoT,... They are very cheap and available. Espressif provide a C SDK, and it is supported by many frameworks like Arduino and MicroPython.

I know this project would need a lot of work to port/implement M7M on the device, but I find it interesting (even if it would not be very powerful).
I'll have a look at the code, but I would be interested in any documentation that would help anyone to implement the algo, so that I can see if I have the time/knowledge to try to do it by myself Wink

ESP32s are still too expensive to be profitable, not when you would need 22 of them to come close to what a single 35.00 Pi3 can do (11-12 kH/s)

Can you help me little bit?

Which miner gives 11Kh/s in pi3?
my pi3 is 1.2 Kh/s right now Sad

Find our posts in r/coinmagi on reddit. There isn't a step-by-step howto, but you should be able to piece what you need together. FYI, it does take some understanding of how to modify and compile custom programs from the command line.

I made a " How to "  on how to setup 64BIT mining on a PI3.  But I don't see any option on attaching a file though. 

upload it on dropbox/megaupload and send the link here please
SamaelDNM

Activity: 732
Merit: 18

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:00:12 PM

happy year, I have created a telegram group to help you mine this coin  Grin Grin since I see it profitable, I have more than 1 month since I met it, update my wallet and update it perfectly without any problem. we are mined in this Russian pools http://pool.mineproject.ru/site/mining

my last payment: https://prnt.sc/hut76p   Grin Grin Cheesy

http://pool.mineproject.ru/?address=95mvpf7y46QHibg9Y27wQdoECpraQHEs95

Now I am mining this coin with a pentium and a phone. Cheesy

Here I leave you the invitation link, I miss it a little but I think it will grow and most of us speak Spanish  Grin Grin

https://t.me/magiteammining

SamaelDNM

Activity: 732
Merit: 18

New exchange generation

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 05:11:51 PM

what pools is this is taking all the blocks?  Huh  Angry

https://prnt.sc/hute1e

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!extraction

abraxsis

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 05:36:12 PM

what pools is this is taking all the blocks?  Huh  Angry

https://prnt.sc/hute1e

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/xmg/#!extraction

People are throwing as much as possible at the chain right now to chew through the orphan blocks and get to the hardfork at 1606950. Those blocks are mostly going to be orphaned.
tazzz013

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:08:16 PM

I would research the device more, i couldnt find to much information on it, but from what ive read the m7m algo goes off the cache in the processor and mining actually uses very little memory hence why its possible on pi's, i doubt its impossible to get one to mine xmg but you would probably have to write your own miner or heavily modify one of the current ones to run on the xtensia 32bit processor and would expect 0.5h's, and it depends which version the esp32 uses, when looking on the xtensia chip each one is customised to the manufacturers specifications. It's all open source so you can see all the code at https://github.com/magi-project/magi. I think the xtensia chip could actually be quite use full to mine xmg and aeon when looking on the custom order section for the chips, but for someone who is prepared to custom order 100+ chips and build their own usb or asic type miner.

ESP's are very well known by the makers community. There are used for a lot of DIY projects about home-automation, IoT,... They are very cheap and available. Espressif provide a C SDK, and it is supported by many frameworks like Arduino and MicroPython.

I know this project would need a lot of work to port/implement M7M on the device, but I find it interesting (even if it would not be very powerful).
I'll have a look at the code, but I would be interested in any documentation that would help anyone to implement the algo, so that I can see if I have the time/knowledge to try to do it by myself Wink

ESP32s are still too expensive to be profitable, not when you would need 22 of them to come close to what a single 35.00 Pi3 can do (11-12 kH/s)

Find our posts in r/coinmagi on reddit. There isn't a step-by-step howto, but you should be able to piece what you need together. FYI, it does take some understanding of how to modify and compile custom programs from the command line.

I made a " How to "  on how to setup 64BIT mining on a PI3.  But I don't see any option on attaching a file though. 

Here is the link to my how to.  Hope it helps.   https://www.megaupload.us/1jzO/Miner64_How_To.pdf
Iame3

Activity: 102

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 06:10:43 PM

Several problems with the new wallet. On one windows pc it synchronized, but not stacking (despite I allowed mPos minting). I also compiled it on orange pi pc, copypasted old wallet.dat, minerd getinfo showing balance 0.00, although there were some coins.
OK, windows part is solved, magi.conf was missing, still no progress with pi, anybody else also experiencing 0 balance?
cryptouser

Activity: 247
Merit: 100

O__o

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:00:01 PM

Here is the link to my how to.  Hope it helps.   https://www.megaupload.us/1jzO/Miner64_How_To.pdf

Can't open the pdf, says document damaged  Huh can you please double check the file is ok ?
SolsticeFV

Activity: 23

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:03:13 PM
Last edit: January 01, 2018, 07:15:09 PM by SolsticeFV

New here... Some slightly off topic but mentioned to give background:

Started looking into mining and investing in crypto about a month ago along with all the others after BTC jumped.

I bought an old S3 antminer for $75 and set it up pointed at Antpool. Have read a lot saying not to mine there due to tx fee payout. Am waiting until it hits the minimum payout to switch it. Not sure which pool to move to. Was going to do KanoPool but have read that small timers like me would just lose dust there? Looked into buying more updated equipment and found the price crazy high. It looks to me like the company making the antminers is keeping the supply of new antminers low then keeping the resulting higher tx fees for themselves in antpool. For exchanges, I have accounts at Coinbase, GDAX and Cryptopia. I have appliedto Gemini and Bittrex is closed to new registrations.

Long story short, this led me to look for coins that could be mined via cpu since I have 7 windows machines (all windows 10 64 bit) and a Raspberry Pi (cana kit) running Raspberian (desktop) here at the house. The fairness idea behind Magi Coin is a real draw to me.

I downloaded Minerd to try and mine XMG but found several of the linked pools in the first post were down, closing soon or had other issues. In the short term I went to Miners Gate and have the windows machines mining Monero. I have also had issues with the XMG wallet poofing off my desktop when I create a short cut to the launch file.

I guess what I am asking is where is the best place to point minerd to mine XMG once I get the wallet issue figured out? Or is there a better mining program for me to use? I have almost no experience using command line type actions except for some very basic stuff running MS DOS a long time ago.
tazzz013

Activity: 118

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:13:59 PM

Can't open the pdf, says document damaged  Huh can you please double check the file is ok ?

Sorry, the hosting site is the worst!  Please try this link.  http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=03605573699170841480
dury10

Activity: 28

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 07:41:47 PM

Hello Magi Community
because i was asked where do you mine and how its going with the XMG mining
i made this new "tutorial"
https://steemit.com/altcoin/@dury10/pool-mining-coin-magi-xmg-after-the-hard-fork-review
Enjoy
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:44:47 PM

I've made a few basic changes to the reddit page to fix broken links and css (although its no longer as pretty) - hopefully we'll get a few more subscribers
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:06:28 PM

How many coins must one have to stake Magi?  Over 13k in my wallet and haven't seen a stake since March!  Keep hoping new wallet, new wallet.....just installed latest and still says not enough weight to stake.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 10:12:09 PM

How many coins must one have to stake Magi?  Over 13k in my wallet and haven't seen a stake since March!  Keep hoping new wallet, new wallet.....just installed latest and still says not enough weight to stake.

wait until hardfork happend

then make a selftransaction with all ur coins to reset coin age

then everything will work by itself
but u need to have ur wallet running 24/7
or ur coins again get to old

XMG only reward active POS minter if ur coins get to old without find a block the not able to find a block at all ever
without reset their coin age

dont try with to big coinpile (over 10000) because big coin pile become faster to old then smaller coin pile

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
goldlabel

Activity: 575
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
January 01, 2018, 11:18:19 PM

How many coins must one have to stake Magi?  Over 13k in my wallet and haven't seen a stake since March!  Keep hoping new wallet, new wallet.....just installed latest and still says not enough weight to stake.

XMG only reward active POS minter if ur coins get to old without find a block the not able to find a block at all ever

dont try with to big coinpile (over 10000) because big coin pile become faster to old then smaller coin pile

But maby you need to at some rules at the magi.conf

staking=1
posii=1

For me it works
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 11:55:17 PM

staking=1
posii=1

For me it works

Thank you both!

Know ETA on hardfork?

So when create new wallet I would want to create say 3 addresses and send my 13k split into those 3 addresses and would stake better?  Think am understanding that part.

Thanks again to you both:-)
BrazilianGirl

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 05:25:37 AM

Hello community,

This is my first poster, and I'm here to say that everything is working perfectly.

https://image.prntscr.com/image/vCzIu11sTUCYbBIo-rEACA.png
morteza68

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:02:14 AM

can pump price of magi in this month ?
starmman
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 07:58:22 AM

can pump price of magi in this month ?
Always difficult to tell - with magi, you need to be prepared for everything =)
new24core

Activity: 413
Merit: 17

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 08:33:43 AM
Last edit: January 02, 2018, 08:54:39 AM by new24core

staking=1
posii=1

For me it works

Thank you both!

Know ETA on hardfork?

So when create new wallet I would want to create say 3 addresses and send my 13k split into those 3 addresses and would stake better?  Think am understanding that part.

Thanks again to you both:-)

Can someone please confirm is having three separate addresses, does get round this age issue or should you run three separate wallets ?
Pages: « 1 ... 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 1033 1034 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 1041 1042 1043 1044 1045 1046 1047 1048 1049 1050 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 1059 1060 1061 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 1068 1069 1070 1071 1072 1073 1074 1075 [1076] 1077 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 1084 1085 1086 1087 1088 1089 1090 1091 1092 1093 1094 1095 1096 1097 1098 1099 1100 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 1108 1109 1110 1111 1112 1113 1114 1115 1116 1117 1118 1119 1120 1121 1122 1123 1124 1125 1126 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: