Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:23:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Block Erupter Tube Sales Information Thread [Round4, Price at <1btc per TH/s]  (Read 88119 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:18:06 AM

Anyone (FC/bitquan/dogie/CanaryInTheMine ) making a video showing the box-to-boot from parts for the AM Tube ?  As the saying goes:  'a picture is worth one thousand words'; a video could help show the relationship (and quantity) of components and the 'beauty' of the design and so help some buyers estimate the assembly cost/time.

The assembly could include references to the handy tools and extras (thermal paste? non slip pads/tape for the front/back panels, screws, fan grill for the pretty version?,  typical PSU) that could or would be needed but are not for sold by AM as part of the package.

Yeah I could probably do that now, just tear down this unit. Its as simple as can be to assemble, normal flathead screwdriver will do almost everything unless something changes. Might be better waiting for the 'retail' kit though so I know exactly what is being included.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:24:36 AM

Anyone (FC/bitquan/dogie/CanaryInTheMine ) making a video showing the box-to-boot from parts for the AM Tube ?  As the saying goes:  'a picture is worth one thousand words'; a video could help show the relationship (and quantity) of components and the 'beauty' of the design and so help some buyers estimate the assembly cost/time.

The assembly could include references to the handy tools and extras (thermal paste? non slip pads/tape for the front/back panels, screws, fan grill for the pretty version?,  typical PSU) that could or would be needed but are not for sold by AM as part of the package.

Yeah I could probably do that now, just tear down this unit. Its as simple as can be to assemble, normal flathead screwdriver will do almost everything unless something changes. Might be better waiting for the 'retail' kit though so I know exactly what is being included.

oh my, retail kit...
looks like FC has taken the road of customizing and diy fun miners for large public. Such move. As a cat, really. ^^
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 12:45:15 AM

Anyone (FC/bitquan/dogie/CanaryInTheMine ) making a video showing the box-to-boot from parts for the AM Tube ?  As the saying goes:  'a picture is worth one thousand words'; a video could help show the relationship (and quantity) of components and the 'beauty' of the design and so help some buyers estimate the assembly cost/time.

The assembly could include references to the handy tools and extras (thermal paste? non slip pads/tape for the front/back panels, screws, fan grill for the pretty version?,  typical PSU) that could or would be needed but are not for sold by AM as part of the package.

oh my, retail kit...
looks like FC has taken the road of customizing and diy fun miners for large public. Such move. As a cat, really. ^^

In reality these sales are for the resellers, actual units will make their way to the public fully assembled. Anyone wanting to buy in bulk can still save a bit and buy direct though.

stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:54:47 AM

oh my, retail kit...

In reality these sales are for the resellers, actual units will make their way to the public fully assembled. Anyone wanting to buy in bulk can still save a bit and buy direct though.
farther down the line is AM going to be selling individual miners or only resellers
Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:15:14 AM

Anyone (FC/bitquan/dogie/CanaryInTheMine ) making a video showing the box-to-boot from parts for the AM Tube ?  As the saying goes:  'a picture is worth one thousand words'; a video could help show the relationship (and quantity) of components and the 'beauty' of the design and so help some buyers estimate the assembly cost/time.

The assembly could include references to the handy tools and extras (thermal paste? non slip pads/tape for the front/back panels, screws, fan grill for the pretty version?,  typical PSU) that could or would be needed but are not for sold by AM as part of the package.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3U4ZHTmeKk

Message me if you have any problems
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:30:59 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3U4ZHTmeKk

Good find, looks like ASICMiner is replacing the thermal paste with a big thermal pad, which will make things easier. We'll be offering the kit and fully assembled units once our order arrives.

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:37:17 AM

So it looks like you only need to connect one set of PCIe connectors to mine then?  Is there an instance where all 8 would be needed?

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
CrazyGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:52:33 AM

So it looks like you only need to connect one set of PCIe connectors to mine then?  Is there an instance where all 8 would be needed?

Unless the specs have changed, I believe they can be overclocked. I'm assuming they probably get hot on higher clock settings so you would need good airflow

ASICPuppy.net ASIC Mining Hardware and Accessories - Compac F in stock!
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:32:33 AM

Unless the specs have changed, I believe they can be overclocked. I'm assuming they probably get hot on higher clock settings so you would need good airflow

At stock its 220 or so W per PCI-E, OC'ed (which they do amazingly well) you're looking at 250W. Both those numbers are pushing* it for a single PCI-E cable, and its definitely a nono trying to power two miner boards from one non high gauge cable branch.

*I know we did it for the S1s, but this is starting out way past even the top end of S1s.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 04:17:16 AM

I think the be200 chip is 40nm.
Anybody know what the be300 chip will be?
28nm, 20nm...
hl5460
Legendary

Activity: 1620
Merit: 1000

news.8btc.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 08:27:12 AM

Awesome! Translated into Chinese and posted:
http://8btc.com/thread-6681-1-1.html

Phasebird

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 09:12:44 AM

To all potential buyers of AM Gen3(TUBE) hardwares:

Here is the contact information of me, if you are interested in being one of AM hardwares reseller/buyers,feel free to contact me:

Email:  1327503207@qq.com (personal)
          sale@bitquan.com

QQ number : 1327503207 (see below)

Bitcointalk ID: Phasebird

In particular, due to a lot of problems SKYPE currently have,for instant messages and constant contact requests,I strongly recommend you to install a IM software: QQ, from official website:

http://www.imqq.com/#       (international version)

Which is a powerful IM tool and I will be online for 7*24 with mobile phone,so that you can find me easier.  (Please write a postscript of your ID/info when adding me)
dmcdad

Activity: 302
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 03:04:49 PM

Tube Miner Photos:

http://www.iasicminer.com/index.php/action-viewnews-itemid-28
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 04:52:15 PM

Tube Miner Photos:

The same photos I presented last week and has been linked here 3x now, yeah..

Swimmer63
Legendary

Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 08:03:41 PM

Going to place an order and see what it's all about.
TheJuice

Activity: 841
Merit: 608

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:54:14 PM

What fan do we get? (this determines db, so matters for us in home miners).
CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 10:57:13 PM

doggie says it's very quiet...
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 11:07:31 PM

I turned everything else off during a maintenance and okay, its less quiet than I thought, but its still very quiet. Its constant RPM as far as I can tell (40C same sound as 20C) and is extremely reasonable. I'd have these in a living room or bedroom noise wise.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:16:03 PM

I turned everything else off during a maintenance and okay, its less quiet than I thought, but its still very quiet. Its constant RPM as far as I can tell (40C same sound as 20C) and is extremely reasonable. I'd have these in a living room or bedroom noise wise.
got a db noise meter? even an app on a smart phone might be good enough...
stompysteve

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 01:15:00 AM

got a db noise meter? even an app on a smart phone might be good enough...
theres SoundMeter app in the google play store but it doesnt work for alot of people, I guess it depends on your phone
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: