Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:27:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRE-ANN][ZEN][Pre-sale] Zennet: Decentralized Supercomputer - Official Thread  (Read 57047 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:18:04 PM

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/zennet-uses-blockchain-distributed-computing/

everybody's talking about it!
now let us see something! :-D

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:02:45 PM

The word is definitely out!
Zennet is coming and its gonna be a very BIG DEAL!
CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:14:57 PM

The best candidate for now for the coin technology is Delegated Proof of Stake (http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/) by Dan Larimer.

DPOS is remarkably effective! Even at this market cap delegates are getting a decent salary. In addition, the official marketing push is set to happen within a month or two. Couple that with the share drop mentality, with third party chains (Peertracks, JDC, Rand Paul coin, Sparkles, Play etc.) already share dropping on BTS stakeholders to get support, then we see that the confluence of economic incentives here is creating a new type of nuclear bomb..

If I were you I'd start a thread over at bitsharestalk.org - people over there love to evaluate new business ideas, thinking of blockchains in terms of DACs.
fran2k

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2014, 12:37:11 AM

I'm want to say again that I'm very happy that this project is being developed. I had been a full time GPU miner for a good time and I really want to see the rigs heating for a nice purpose.

The best candidate for now for the coin technology is Delegated Proof of Stake (http://bitshares.org/delegated-proof-of-stake/) by Dan Larimer.

DPOS is remarkably effective! Even at this market cap delegates are getting a decent salary. In addition, the official marketing push is set to happen within a month or two. Couple that with the share drop mentality, with third party chains (Peertracks, JDC, Rand Paul coin, Sparkles, Play etc.) already share dropping on BTS stakeholders to get support, then we see that the confluence of economic incentives here is creating a new type of nuclear bomb..

If I were you I'd start a thread over at bitsharestalk.org - people over there love to evaluate new business ideas, thinking of blockchains in terms of DACs.

I think Invictus team is making a big entry in the scene with DPoS/TITAN. DPoS is one of its pillars and a fundamental tool for a major DAC as it is.
checkraiser

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 03, 2014, 10:38:20 PM

Has there been any discussions of taking an open source CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) solver like OpenFOAM and implementing on Zennet?

http://www.openfoam.com/

As CFD problems become more complex and DOE/optimization techniques increase the number of simulations required its seems logical an organization would pay more to get solutions in less time.

CFD problems scale and distribute well and OpenFOAM has already released a GPU solver.
ohad

Activity: 897
Merit: 1000

http://idni.org

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2014, 10:55:10 PM

Has there been any discussions of taking an open source CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) solver like OpenFOAM and implementing on Zennet?

As CFD problems become more complex and DOE/optimization techniques increase the number of simulations required its seems logical an organization would pay more to get solutions in less time.

CFD problems scale and distribute well and OpenFOAM has already released a GPU solver.

Glad you asked that.
Zennet is definitely designed to support products of this family. OpenFOAM, Gromacs, all the good ones.
How will science look like when people will be able to simulate Navier Stokes, Maxwell, Schrodinger or QFT/Hilbert-Einstein Lagrangian?

Moreover, it is important to understand that Zennet is as generic as possible.
All it gives is SSH connection to Linux hosts. That's it. Just like AWS. From here you can just run anything as-is.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
tobeaj2meraa

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 03:31:50 AM

Glad you asked that.
Zennet is definitely designed to support products of this family. OpenFOAM, Gromacs, all the good ones.
How will science look like when people will be able to simulate Navier Stokes, Maxwell, Schrodinger or QFT/Hilbert-Einstein Lagrangian?

All it gives is SSH connection to Linux hosts. That's it. Just like AWS. From here you can just run anything as-is.

Sir, can you say more, how Zennet will support OpenFOAM?
ohad

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 06:46:40 AM

Glad you asked that.

Sir, can you say more, how Zennet will support OpenFOAM?

Just like on any other computer. Just as if one was using it over AWS or other Linux cloud hosting provider. Unless I miss something.

BTW I've just published a first draft of Bitagoras Whitepaper. Thread to come soon.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
fran2k

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 03:55:29 PM

I really like this project and I have been waiting for something like this to being done.

But I don't believe and don't like the presale model.

I would rather suggest forking the BitShares client, with or without supporting the AGS/PTS contract, the first case will bring a very good support from BitShares community.
A Distributed Proof of Stake can be used, so the blockchain could pay delegates (devs, marketing, etc) to work on the project, and some delegates reward could be directed towards the computing miners dynamically.
While the project develops, a system like the CureCoin used at beginning could be enough. Just register an user at folding@home, or parse the whole community stats at folding@home and/or other projects, and pay all of them or the ones that register in Zennet's web pool. That web pool will redirect the payments until we could integrate this into the client.

The network is 100% distributed and decentralized: there is no central  entity of any kind, just like Bitcoin. All software will be open source.

If you really want a distributed a decentralized model, the DPoS one is by far closer to that than a central presale.
kenji

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 04, 2014, 04:56:16 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2014, 09:52:15 PM by kenji

it is by far the most innovative crypto  project i have seen yet Shocked
ndrog

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 09:51:03 PM

Excellent concept, will be watching  Smiley

ohad

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2014, 09:58:16 PM

I really like this project and I have been waiting for something like this to being done.

If you really want a distributed a decentralized model, the DPoS one is by far closer to that than a central presale.

Please explain what you don't like on the presale model.
Btw we're redesigning it.

Tau-Chain & Agoras
bubblymint38

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 03:58:19 AM

interested.
where can i watch the development progress?
kjn311

Activity: 319
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 04:37:05 AM

I think koinify is becoming the gold standard for crypto crow sales.
kordless

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 06, 2014, 07:52:43 PM
Last edit: December 06, 2014, 08:32:59 PM by kordless

Just wanted to pop in and mention that I've been working on an almost identical concept for about 3 years now, although it's only been tied to crypto for about a year or so.  I started working on this concept back when I started grub.org in 1999.  I haven't had time to digest all the conversations here, but I will post back once I've read them and hopefully have some useful comments to add to the conversation.

It is inevitable the blockchain will be tied IT infrastructure.  The majority of the world's CIOs basically spend their days worrying about trust.  With the blockchain, you get computed trust.  Better even if you can apply that computed trust to more compute.  It seems logical you could expect every major corporation on the planet to get involved in this over the next 5 years.  If you come from an IT background, you'll realize these companies will want to 'own' the code that sells their equipment. For a taste of that behavior, just take a gander at the OpenStack community.

One point that I'd like to make now is that the proof-of-work (which I call 'proof-of-virtualization') for this type of service is a bit difficult to pin down.  Proving you run capacity to virtualize something is going to be tough without running some type of mining workload.  Proving you virtualized something for someone is a bit easier if you can sign transactions.  One possible way to do this is through KVM's guest-to-host serial port call.

Proving you ran a workload without making a copy of it or the payload data is, from what my advisors and I can tell, nearly impossible.  This means trust for some high trust workloads will have to still run through human trust channels, similar to how they are done today.

It is this last point that I'm focusing my business on: providing a high trust service for establishing identity and capacity of compute resources.  This is, for good or bad, not necessarily a job for a cryptocoin.  That's not to say a cryptocoin isn't useful for providing trust at a separate layer.  Knowing you just got paid before spinning up an instance is a wonderful thing: the amount of fraudulent payments in the IaaS industry is ~10%.  This fixes that handily, in addition to a whole host of other issues that have very little to do with a new coin.

If you'd like more information on the project, the Github repos (code always first!) are here: https://www.github.com/stackmonkey/, and the pool (where you can start an anonymous instance) is here: https://www.stackmonkey.com/

I'll be back.
fran2k

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

Do you understand how DPoS works and the potential?

The BitShares platform will do a lot of the work by itself contracting employees in the most competitive way. Is an autocatalyst platform.

Please take your time to understand BitShares, I'm quite hurry now but I will like to keep talking about this, because these are two great projects.

http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Main_Page

fran2k

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2014, 08:23:18 PM

This site is also a very nice one to watch out the network working Wink

http://bitsharesblocks.com/
mbmorley

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 12:37:10 AM

An open letter to all participants in the altcoin industry, including all forms of media and associated sources of independent commentary.

In regard to the use of the words “zencoin” and or “zen” plus “coin” or any variant thereof, whether by recombination, synonym or phonetic substitution, in association with the naming or commercial branding of any form of distributed digital or virtual currency regardless of origin, technical production or intended use.

Please be aware that trademark applications are pending in several jurisdictions worldwide on this brand, with proof of common ownership as well as commercial and transactional use specifically described as a form of cryptographically protected, distributed digital or virtual currency, dating back to at least April 2013, with developmental and anecdotal evidence which predates this publicly available information.

We, the undersigned partners and representatives of that commons hereby state and forewarn, that our current actions to establish trademark are being carried out as a necessary protective measure, in light of the recent publication of intentions on the part of at least two other parties to attempt use of the above-mentioned names.

We request your co-operation and diligence, and ask all actors to refrain immediately from continuing to promote, publicize or otherwise advance the establishment of any form of altcoin or distributed digital or virtual currency bearing the aforementioned names or any variants thereof, until such time as any current disputes are satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you.

M. B. Morley
A. Ashard

Chunky Moon Productions

Tel: +33 952803415
Fax: +33 957803415
Email: mbmorley@free.fr
claycoins

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 03:35:23 AM

An open letter to all participants in the altcoin industry, including all forms of media and associated sources of independent commentary.

In regard to the use of the words “zencoin” and or “zen” plus “coin” or any variant thereof, whether by recombination, synonym or phonetic substitution, in association with the naming or commercial branding of any form of distributed digital or virtual currency regardless of origin, technical production or intended use.

Please be aware that trademark applications are pending in several jurisdictions worldwide on this brand, with proof of common ownership as well as commercial and transactional use specifically described as a form of cryptographically protected, distributed digital or virtual currency, dating back to at least April 2013, with developmental and anecdotal evidence which predates this publicly available information.

We, the undersigned partners and representatives of that commons hereby state and forewarn, that our current actions to establish trademark are being carried out as a necessary protective measure, in light of the recent publication of intentions on the part of at least two other parties to attempt use of the above-mentioned names.

We request your co-operation and diligence, and ask all actors to refrain immediately from continuing to promote, publicize or otherwise advance the establishment of any form of altcoin or distributed digital or virtual currency bearing the aforementioned names or any variants thereof, until such time as any current disputes are satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you.

M. B. Morley
A. Ashard

Chunky Moon Productions

Tel: +33 952803415
Fax: +33 957803415
Email: mbmorley@free.fr

hmmmm are you something to do with this http://www.coindesk.com/zen-bitcoins-polar-opposite/  ?

mr.coinzy

Activity: 500
Merit: 507

View Profile
December 07, 2014, 05:57:48 AM

mbmorley -  you sound and smell like a troll to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: