Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 07:02:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]Joincoin (J) ToR Anonymous All Algorithm mining! *1.3 WALLET UPDATE!*  (Read 118638 times)
stoner19

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 03:44:38 PM

sha256 is up at http://superninjapool.tk/ if anyone is looking for a pool to mine at.
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
soniclord
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:04:36 AM

sha256 is up at http://superninjapool.tk/ if anyone is looking for a pool to mine at.
I need pool for cpu - mining. May be you know what algorythm and pool is optimal for this?
soniclord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:49:55 AM

Pool http://coinspool.cu.cc not response..
Do you have any one else pools for pentablake?
stoner19

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:31:02 AM

I need pool for cpu - mining. May be you know what algorythm and pool is optimal for this?

nope sorry. If I can get more than one algo going on superninjapool.tk I'll be sure to post an update in this thread.
wowow

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 02:20:16 AM

ty for sha pool info. will point some there.
soniclord
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 06:11:49 AM

host superninjapool.tk is down to
0n0t0le
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1125

Swapzone

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2015, 06:45:27 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2015, 12:38:26 PM by 0n0t0le

last minute active nodes (port=17941):

addnode=53zy47p5wly5penk.onion
addnode=drtevq326tweby2k.onion
addnode=fmrybmbxvjjt4s5r.onion
addnode=sjriwx4jzbwcraqu.onion
addnode=z5d33i6hzc7635ua.onion
addnode=valsolykxzvst7hq.onion
addnode=nwfxztwdxozmftjf.onion
addnode=qi5bwpltymrihchw.onion

Thanks, sync work, anybody know pool for Bastion?
or how start mining from wallet with bastion
need gen=1 in conf?*
or setgenerate true in console

Swap BTC to XMR and 1600+ tokens without KYC
stoner19

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 01:33:21 PM

host superninjapool.tk is down to

looks fine on my end. If you get the cloudflare message just refresh. I don't know why but the front end shows disconnected from time to time, but there is never a service interruption in mining when that happens at least. Stratums remain online.
soniclord
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 01:04:17 AM

Thanks, sync work, anybody know pool for Bastion?
or how start mining from wallet with bastion
need gen=1 in conf?*
or setgenerate in console

no public pool for bastion.
yes, gen=1 or setgenerate true.
but look at the bastion diff, you'll have to have quite a monster cpu to mine alone.
i guess either a botnet or someone's got gpu kernel for bastion, all private of course

I set gen=1 and set alog=bastion and run wallet. CPU load 100%, but coins not increase - why?
And running other mining from minerd:
./minerd -a pentablake -t 2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3047 -u JVg6NDksTCH3htAi6gxrQxPWUP5GHJkPwk -p x
not increase too..
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3300MHz
soniclord
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:51:03 AM

I set gen=1 and set alog=bastion and run wallet. CPU load 100%, but coins not increase - why?
And running other mining from minerd:
./minerd -a pentablake -t 2 -o stratum+tcp://stratum.coinspool.cu.cc:3047 -u JVg6NDksTCH3htAi6gxrQxPWUP5GHJkPwk -p x
not increase too..
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T 3300MHz

1) bastion and pentablake - different algos, read the OP carefully
2) at this bastion difficulty u'll solo mine 1 block in days or weeks

so, what algo you can recommended me for cpu mining?
soniclord
Legendary

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 06:59:57 AM

none on this coin

Thanks
DOGEbubble

Activity: 884
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 02:55:17 PM
Last edit: September 19, 2015, 03:10:37 PM by DOGEbubble

none on this coin

Thanks

I having been doing CPU-mining with around 9 computers ( during idle-hours; up to 11 at one time) since August 2014.

I do notice markedly decreased block-finds; now only 2 coins/1 block in a few days. It used to be around 200 Joincoins per computer per week 2-3 months ago- certainly when the price was much lower.

This is probably due to markedly increased non-CPU-algo mining and overall activity level.

This is likely made worse without a CPU-mining pool.

Is anybody aware of good example of CPU-mining pools with any other cryptos?

Some infos are here: http://cpucoinlist.com/  Cheesy

DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 02:29:36 PM
Last edit: September 23, 2015, 09:06:54 PM by DOGEbubble

Dear Joincoin community memebers:

Depite my intention to implement the transition from POW to combined POW/POS and add scrypt-chacha for the Joincoin, it won't be done at all due to no workable plans for the foreseeable future.

Doing those jobs for multi-algo cryptos does not have precedents for us to safely follow without unnecessary hardships.

• Joincoin has all the 13 algos at the initial launch. The reason that it  might be hard to continue from there could be why the dev gave up. Yes, adding new wallet features or other non-window wallets  (e.g., Mac wallet, web wallet and paper wallet, etc.,) for a multi-algo crypto could be very daunting works.

In short, Joincoin most likely will do its primary jobs well as an active ( and probably popular) crypto through aggressive supports and should achieve its other functions through 3rd-party platforms until there is further solutions. I would think about posting bounties for those jobs (which we can not do now) for us to accomplish in the near future when the time is right.

It appears that Joincoin still needs to face the end of the present 2 Joincoins/block POW in about 8 months.

The block height is about 177,000 now. The POW would end at block 626,200 in about 8 months.

I would be in favor of continuing (edit discontinuing) POW  probably through (edit after)a relaunch from a higher POW block rewards, halving every 2-3 weeks or so for the next 0.4-0.8 million Joincoins, to reach a final lower fixed POW probably 0.2 Joincons/block (which would be about 6% annual rate of market cap increase/inflation), after the 4-5 halvings.

• This is considering the all-algo "mining" features of Joincoins. It appears that mining would become very hard due to higher difficulties, especially without a lot of pool for some of the algos. Hopefully, by that time higher power computers would be coming out and there could be better solutions.
    Whatever least likely to go wrong and best in terms of stability, security and safety for the Joincoins would be what I want and good for the cryptocurrency.

[Edit] Please see the above.

It is no-brainer now.

Because the all-algo features would not be working well in the future, considering all the problems in mining with some of the algos even at the present much lower difficulty levels, it might be better just to change to pure POS without POW at all after a brief accelerated POW-relaunch and around 4 halvings of block rewards.

In this way, we let miners with any of the algos complete and end the intended POW mining activities, then we would proceed to POS phase with an annual percentage probably in the range of 2-5%.

Therefore, the only workable plan is to proceed with a transition plan of
                    from [POW(present)] to [POW(relaunch)] to  [end POW+start pure POS] for the Joincoin

If there is no obvious problem, I believe that this is the way Joincoin should go. Certainly, after becoming POS, the unprecedented 13-all-aglo POW features would become a memory of the past only for the Joincoin.

After that, we would not have any restriction for our needed wallet features.

Cheesy

wowow

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2015, 02:17:18 PM

Any timeline for the accelerated mining plan prior to POS implementation? Thanks in advance
DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2015, 02:56:12 PM
Last edit: October 04, 2015, 03:43:03 AM by DOGEbubble

Any timeline for the accelerated mining plan prior to POS implementation? Thanks in advance

If everything goes well, the details of the plan will be announced in the coming week, hopefully by the weekend, for a relaunch date probably about one month from now.  Cheesy

DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 06:18:33 AM

Just to give a brief update:

There is still difficulty in switching to POS; therefore it won't happen.

The only choice now is to continue POW.

It should be fair to have POW reward halving starting from an accelerated relaunch ending in final block rewards of around 0.2 Joincoins after 5-6 halvings.

In any schedules, the halving would be short. We have to end in a fixed reward; otherwise, it will quickly drop to nearly zero. Even at 0.2 Joincoins/block, it is still about equivalent of about 5% annual rate initially.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, with stable prices and mining profitability, more mining pools will come, to improve the all-algo images of the Joincoin.   Cheesy

pjcltd
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1003

NodeMasters

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 07:02:40 AM

Just to give a brief update:

There is still difficulty in switching to POS; therefore it won't happen.

The only choice now is to continue POW.

It should be fair to have POW reward halving starting from an accelerated relaunch ending in final block rewards of around 0.2 Joincoins after 5-6 halvings.

In any schedules, the halving would be short. We have to end in a fixed reward; otherwise, it will quickly drop to nearly zero. Even at 0.2 Joincoins/block, it is still about equivalent of about 5% annual rate initially.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully, with stable prices and mining profitability, more mining pools will come, to improve the all-algo images of the Joincoin.   Cheesy

I have been following this for a few weeks
and i have mined  J as well
at the moment its a very good coin with its block reward  at 2 J if you start changing that then it won't be profitable to mine sha anymore.

Not sure what your long term plans are for the coin but you could do a 1-1 swap if you do want to go down the POS side of things.

Just my thoughts 
you got a very good community here but they all need to speak out more.

Keep up the good work guys I LOVE Joincoin

DOGEbubble

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 06:20:21 PM

The only choice now is to continue POW.      --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been following this for a few weeks
and i have mined  J as well
at the moment its a very good coin with its block reward  at 2 J if you start changing that then it won't be profitable to mine sha anymore.

Not sure what your long term plans are for the coin but you could do a 1-1 swap if you do want to go down the POS side of things.

Just my thoughts  
you got a very good community here but they all need to speak out more.

Keep up the good work guys I LOVE Joincoin

1) It is likely that having mining activity continued till the time the maximal 2.8 million Joincoins is reached and without doing anything else is still one of the choice.

2) I would intend to make as little changes as possible after finding difficulties in adding new wallet features ( for such a unprecedented all-algo POW cryptocurrency) unless someone can come out with enough time, competence and confidence to lead the Joincoin forward.

Without setting up new features, the Joincoin has to find ways to have market place and other activities integrated through 3rd-party platforms which could be still problematic.

3) To have mining continued, there is no choice other than cutting down Block rewards in the end to continue it forever; otherwise mining has to end anyway.

I would be more worried about not being able to support price during accelerated mining; during the time of lowered block rewards, the price would be easier to keep or rise (due to decreased amount of new coins mined/sell pressure) and could be even more profitable than what we have now.

The problem at #2 above still stays.

4) That's why I would have been more in favor of the switching to POS (which could not be done) (or as suggested by you, swap to POS- still hard for me, as I do not have the time- which still can be considered if any arrangement can be done).  Cheesy

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:40:57 AM

Is everything ok with the network?  I woke up this morning to a lot of orphan blocks.  It is a first.  Did we fork? 

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 12:00:46 PM

Is everything ok with the network?  I woke up this morning to a lot of orphan blocks.  It is a first.  Did we fork? 

i woke up to a stack of new found blocks, clean and shiny.
just check your chain against BE:
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/j/

I appear to be on the right block height - but I woke up to (23) generated but not accepted blocks.  It is the first time it ever happened.  I will keep mining and see if it fixes itself.  I am mining the quark algo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 »
  Print  

Jump to: