Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 11:04:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit  (Read 16002 times)
Gogreen

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 18, 2014, 11:06:47 PM

I thought it was supposed to come with a cover?

Nope:
https://bitmaintech.com/productDetail.htm?pid=0002014081313175081722f1GeUO063F

S1 Upgrade Kit includes:

1.  2 units of hash boards

2.  2 units of mini customized heat sink

3.  1 unit of adapter board

4.  1 unit of control board holder

5.  1 fan including the fan's cover and screws

6.  4 units of white plastic brackets, 2 units of 2x10 pin cables, 8 screws, 8 spring screws

7.  You shall prepare our own thermal paste, which is easy to be ordered:
Thanks for the video, are your using the Philip screw ?

Bitcoin mining Antminer s7 4.7 TH Used in Good Condition Best Offer Prices @ ebay seller order directly here https://goo.gl/uaoh1r. Bitcoin payment optional.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
miTgiB

Activity: 251
Merit: 100

Du hast

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 09:22:45 PM

I've been trying to search the board on this upgrade, I've completed 1 of 4, but am unable to get the unit hashing, I've sent email to bitmaintech, asking if there is a firmware update needed?  Has anyone alredy gone through this and could share some knowladge
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2014, 11:58:24 PM

I've been trying to search the board on this upgrade, I've completed 1 of 4, but am unable to get the unit hashing, I've sent email to bitmaintech, asking if there is a firmware update needed?  Has anyone alredy gone through this and could share some knowladge

Got mine today, assembled it, but lost it on the network.  Not sure yet, will let you know if I can get mine hashing...

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
tempestb

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 12:23:05 AM

Yeah, flash the firmware to the latest version for the S3 that Bitmain has on their support site.  That will get you going, it's working for me.

miTgiB

Du hast

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:11:00 AM

Yeah, flash the firmware to the latest version for the S3 that Bitmain has on their support site.  That will get you going, it's working for me.

That was the ticket, antMiner_S320140826.bin and all is well.  Was terrified I'd brick the unit

Thanks!
bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 11:03:38 AM

Thanks for the info, I just got confirmation that my upgrades shipped early this morning; I guess I should see them by the end of next week.
miTgiB

Du hast

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 01:15:51 PM

Just received a reply from bitmain

Hi,
Please upgrade the firmware with S3's version:
https://bitmaintech.com/support.htm?pid=007201407180243004432lBQW28O0633

make sure uncheck "keep settings". after upgrading, select the “miner configuration” tab. Select “advanced” and set the frequency at the default of 225M,  click “Save and apply”, all will be better.

Best Regards

BITMAIN
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 04:18:28 PM

Mine are working just like they are s3's.
I flashed to the non gui frequency s3 firmware.

I have them all overclocked to 243 and they are hashing the same as my s3's same temperatures and much less hardware errors.
Probably because I applied the heat sink compound properly. Arctic Cool MX-4.
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2014, 05:12:57 PM

Hi,

make sure uncheck "keep settings". after upgrading, select the “miner configuration” tab. Select “advanced” and set the frequency at the default of 225M,  click “Save and apply”, all will be better.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Sweet thanks!  Afraid I'd done something wrong on the install when everything looked tip top.

Would've been nice if they mentioned flashing the firmware on the video though...would've had them
hashing last night at 1am.

Oh, and for anyone considering the upgrade...you're better off underclocking and undervolting your S1's and paying the extra for the nicer looking (and less dangerous, the heat sink blades are sharp) S3's or at this point perhaps the S4 if you can budget it when they announce the price.  Your money will likely go further...we've now got a pile of s1 boards we're not sure what to do with yet...curious if we can build a large underclocked undervolted machine with multiple blades.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
bspurloc

Activity: 569

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 06:16:38 PM

Hi,

make sure uncheck "keep settings". after upgrading, select the “miner configuration” tab. Select “advanced” and set the frequency at the default of 225M,  click “Save and apply”, all will be better.

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Sweet thanks!  Afraid I'd done something wrong on the install when everything looked tip top.

Would've been nice if they mentioned flashing the firmware on the video though...would've had them

Oh, and for anyone considering the upgrade...you're better off underclocking and undervolting your S1's and paying the extra for the nicer looking (and less dangerous, the heat sink blades are sharp) S3's or at this point perhaps the S4 if you can budget it when they announce the price.  Your money will likely go further...we've now got a pile of s1 boards we're not sure what to do with yet...curious if we can build a large underclocked undervolted machine with multiple blades.

Only problem with the logic of keeping the s1 hashing and buying an s3 instead is....
You need a power supply for the S3 which is more $$$ spent. granted u need to spend $ for heatsink compound.
calling the heatsinks on the kits dangerous is a bit wacky.
buying an S3 and selling the S1 may be the best route but they are going for around $80 now and they are heavy so shipping is near $20.
so it comes down to convenience. the less bothersome route is the S3 upgrade kit and why I chose that route.
 Yeah they should be cheaper... but people who whine about prices gain nothing but wet faces.
They are selling so, the price complaint is pointless
kathwren

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 09:16:42 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2014, 10:17:59 PM by kathwren

Just received my upgrade kits.  

Wanted to shout out how pleased I am with the packaging. Everything looks perfect.

Assembling now.

Thanks!

Kathwren

aka  Katie on slush chat

Moar infos!

No problems with assembly, (an electric screwdriver very very helpful)  firmware upgrade perfect, followed instructions here on unchecking "save settings" and adjusted the frequency under the miner configuration advanced tab.

Up and running no trouble. 

Thanks Bitmaintech!
kabopar

Activity: 616

View Profile
September 20, 2014, 10:43:36 PM

Just received my upgrade kits.  

Wanted to shout out how pleased I am with the packaging. Everything looks perfect.

Assembling now.

Thanks!

Kathwren

aka  Katie on slush chat

Moar infos!

No problems with assembly, (an electric screwdriver very very helpful)  firmware upgrade perfect, followed instructions here on unchecking "save settings" and adjusted the frequency under the miner configuration advanced tab.

Up and running no trouble. 

Thanks Bitmaintech!
Congrats!
Expecting my kit tomorrow.  It is coming at the right time, as my S1's are being turned off for most of the day when their electricity cost is greater than projected BTC earnings. This is with a time-of-use electricity meter and the only time when these less efficient miners can be still used is at night during off-peak rates.

Cheers
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:00:46 AM

Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN

Only problem with the logic of keeping the s1 hashing and buying an s3 instead is....
You need a power supply for the S3 which is more $$$ spent. granted u need to spend $ for heatsink compound.
calling the heatsinks on the kits dangerous is a bit wacky.
buying an S3 and selling the S1 may be the best route but they are going for around $80 now and they are heavy so shipping is near $20.
so it comes down to convenience. the less bothersome route is the S3 upgrade kit and why I chose that route.
 Yeah they should be cheaper... but people who whine about prices gain nothing but wet faces.
They are selling so, the price complaint is pointless

3 bucks for the paste that will  last a year or two if you  buy the jar.   makes a lot sense to just upgrade  those S1 and get a S4 or two then your set for what maybe 6 month lol , but by then if you managed what you made right you can buy those upgrade and keep going but yea just upgrade it's cheaper by far you might save all most 230 $  .

for those that don't know you can buy just one off bitmains site some one on the thread posted how to .  but if you don't want to use coins right now on amazon there are two selling upgrades and out pricing each others.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
hennessyhemp

Activity: 511

Hempire Loading...

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 12:13:24 AM

The heatsinks just nearly bit me a few times during install, and if you have to move the units, the S3's with the box around them are easier to transport without possibly slicing your finger if you mis-handle it.  Of course, they're mostly stationary, so it really doesn't matter, mine are humming away steadily...thermal paste application is probably better than factory would've done, because I care.

Please add more BTC here (my son will apprecciate it when he's older): 14WsxbeRcgsSYZyNSRJqEAmB1MKAzHhsCT
toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:14:12 AM

Hi,

Best Regards

BITMAIN

BTW this works on S1, just did it see if i could and it did . not everyone should  try it , i didn't care if I  messed one up . i have a S1  with the S3 firmware . might do them and wait for the upgrade kits to come in on all my S1.

toptek
Legendary

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 12:48:02 AM

Now i wonder what the S2 upgrade kits will sell for if they are still gonna do that and  how much the S2 will drop once they do .

I read some place online the other day about S 2 upgrade kits coming  with NO   ETA yet .

If they do I buy one S4 and look for deals on S2 Smiley   . and up grade like S1 btw i don't mine doing my own upgrades it more fun to me .

tempestb

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 01:22:21 AM

I upgraded six S1's.  I will say the process takes about 30 minutes for each one, give or take.  I got faster as I went through them.  I can run all of them at 250 without any hardware errors.  Oddly, the frequency just below that resulted in more hardware errors than 250 itself.  Maybe the chips throw errors if they aren't powered properly.  That's a total guess.  But they are stable and nothing fancy, arctic-x4 was all I used. 

Now to hope that the Bitcoin price rises to get me back into earning what I paid for them. 

miTgiB

Du hast

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 07:23:51 PM

I upgraded six S1's.  I will say the process takes about 30 minutes for each one, give or take.  I got faster as I went through them.  I can run all of them at 250 without any hardware errors.  Oddly, the frequency just below that resulted in more hardware errors than 250 itself.  Maybe the chips throw errors if they aren't powered properly.  That's a total guess.  But they are stable and nothing fancy, arctic-x4 was all I used. 

Now to hope that the Bitcoin price rises to get me back into earning what I paid for them. 

How are you getting this done in 30 minutes?  It takes nearly that long to remove the bubble wrap :/  I've timed myself and it takes me about 90 minutes per but I am not using any power tools.
tempestb

View Profile
September 21, 2014, 08:43:08 PM

I have an electric screwdriver (Drill with a proper bit actually) that obviously speeds up the process greatly.  I'm sure by hand it'd take quite a bit longer because of all the screws.  Only thing I struggled with is the fourth screw on the second fan.  I just ended up using three screws for it.  It wasn't furth futzing around to try and get all four in there.

pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2014, 10:20:37 PM

Hi,

Best Regards
BITMAIN
BTW this works on S1, just did it see if i could and it did . not everyone should  try it , i didn't care if I  messed one up . i have a S1  with the S3 firmware . might do them and wait for the upgrade kits to come in on all my S1.
What? The S3 firmware? What frequency did you set the S1 for then?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: