Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:44:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Antminer S1 Upgrade Kit  (Read 16002 times)
tempestb

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 06:33:21 PM

Seems unlikely you blew the control board.  Unplug and replug all the cables.  Make sure none are reversed, and all are seated properly. 

1D7JwRnoungL1YQy7sJMsqmA8BHkPcKGDJ
We mine as we dream...  Alone
Breeze

Activity: 86
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 07:20:55 PM

hope so. I did that, checked that they were seated. You can only put the cables one way? gonna check the cables one more time little bit later.
I should have enough power with a corsair cx600?
tempestb

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 08:22:06 PM

Yes, that should be plenty of power.  I put together six of them and had no problems with any.  Some people here had issues due to cables not being properly seated.  Make sure no pins are bent as well.  Of course, it's always possibly you got a bad board, but you'd be the first I heard of.

MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 08:55:55 PM

If you could, build the unit back as S1 and see if it functions.  If it works, then convert it to S3+ again.

Please check each cable to make sure they are seated well. 

When you upgrade, please upgrade the firmware to S3 as S1 frequency is way to high for S3+ unit.

If you rebuilt the S1 and it works, but then S3+ will not work after the upgrade, please contact the seller for after sales support.  If you purchased it from Ebay or Amazon or any other online retailers, you may be entitled to a full or partial refund per their policy

Hi!
Got my upgrade kit today. I followed the youtube video. Everything went well and i powered it up. Lights strt to blink on the control boards and the Lan connection. Then i went upstairs to my computer to make the firmware update to S3 firmware. Before i managed to login to my upgraded S1 i hear suddenly that the fans started to blow full power making lot of noise and went down stair to check. Found that no lights were blinking. One led light (red) were barely lighten up on the new controller board, you almost couldnt see it.

I checked all the cables tried with 2 PSU (Corsair CX600) at the same time. no progress =(

Any ideas or tips? Is my upgrade kit f****d up? =(

Thanks

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Breeze

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:14:09 PM

Yes; i read about it too about cables not been seated.
The weird thing is that it worked for 30-60 sec when i went upstairs. And now the red led on the "S3" board barely lights up and fans on full speed. Maybe a faulty "S3" board then. Or could it be something wrong with the S1 control board?
What should i do? =(
Thanks for the replies.
MyRig
Donator

Activity: 792
Merit: 510

support@myrig.com

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 09:19:56 PM

Where did you buy it?Huh

If you can, try to build it back into S1, then hard reset the control card.  From there, you can upgrade the firmware to S3+

Hope this will fix it, if not RMA...  Cry

Yes; i read about it too about cables not been seated.
The weird thing is that it worked for 30-60 sec when i went upstairs. And now the red led on the "S3" board barely lights up and fans on full speed. Maybe a faulty "S3" board then. Or could it be something wrong with the S1 control board?
What should i do? =(
Thanks for the replies.

Antminer & DragonMint Repair  E-mail: support@myrig.com   T: @MyRig_com
Return Address: MyRig 3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239, Denver, Colorado 80207, USA
Breeze

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

So you should update the firmware before you dissemble your S1? Could try it have to just order more thermal paste first.
RMA?
Have to go to sleep now. Gonna look at it tommorow.
Thanks
tempestb

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:06:42 PM

I'm not looking at it at the moment, but I seem to recall a small black reset button on the control board.  You might try that, if it's there and I'm not imagining things.  Should be the same as an S3 to reset.  I seem to recall as well that if you're only getting one red light, it means it needs to be reset.  But beyond that, who knows?  Just trying to help.

Breeze

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 03:59:49 PM

Yes, there is a reset button on the smaller S1 cotrol board and i tried it yesterday and didnt help =( Havent looked but is there a reset button on the bigger control board also?
But the red light on the bigger control board is so weak that you almost cant see it, doesnt light up as led lights on my other S1. So something is wrong =(
Gonna try some stuff when i get home later and see where i stand.
Thanks for the reply mate =)
Breeze

View Profile
October 15, 2014, 06:18:24 PM

Didn't help with the f/w update to S3 =( The controller board lighted up nicely on another S1 and updated the f/w without problems when i made the update.
Looks like (hope) the S3 control board is broken rather than the hashing boards....
HerbPean
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:32:18 AM

Anyone here is stuck with some S1 Controller Board, cable and heatsink ? I'm looking for those (2 controllers, 2 set of cables and 4 heatsink)

Thanks !

Edit: PM Me Tongue
kbhamill

Activity: 8

View Profile
October 28, 2014, 09:59:50 PM

I've got an upgraded S1 to the S3+ kit unit that has stopped functioning. It still power's up, and shows up on the mining page. The green light on the controller card blinks, but no beeping. I dont know how to reset, as you would an S3, I've upgraded the firmware, and rebooted, and powered down and back up. No luck. does anyone have any ideas?
pokeyjones

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 08:14:17 PM

Is it possible to get the upgrade kits? If so, where??

thanks
tempestb

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 09:03:25 PM

They were discontinued shortly after they were shipped.

Breeze

View Profile
December 14, 2014, 06:09:31 PM

Looks like (hope) the S3 control board is broken rather than the hashing boards....

Yes, i was right. Bought an S3 couple of weeks ago and tried my S1 upgrade kit hash boards on it and the work fine. It's the S1 upgrade kit control board which doesn't work =(

Gonna try to ask Bitmaintech if i can get/buy a new one.
gaalx

Activity: 411
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:15:57 PM

there are still these kits?

Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:13:03 AM

Anyone happen to have one of these kits laying around they want to get rid of?
buysolar

Activity: 125
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 03:03:05 AM

Anyone happen to have one of these kits laying around they want to get rid of?

Yep you and the other thousand orders that bitmain is not interested in. Maybe they'll release an upgrade kit to the S7.
Mikestang
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 06:11:19 PM

Seems to me like a great opportunity here for someone to step in and make upgrade kits for all the S1 and S2 boxes out there, it would be like printing BTC.  If only I had the know-how and resources...
pekatete

Activity: 518

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2015, 06:16:46 PM

Seems to me like a great opportunity here for someone to step in and make upgrade kits for all the S1 and S2 boxes out there, it would be like printing BTC.  If only I had the know-how and resources...
Thats wishful thinking ..... I actually thought we were very close to that but bitmain are having none of it thus far. Case in mind was the much touted / dubbed C2, or water-cooled S5 where bitmain had come to an understanding with syscooling to sell them boards and they do a design and group buy. Bitmain pulled the plug at the last minute! I've also heard noises that bitmain are agnostic to selling boards (aka upgrade kits) anymore because it costs them a lot to test the boards .... apparently!
So there ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: