Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 02:37:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: GLBSE2.0 has launched!  (Read 10474 times)
HorseRider
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 11:56:48 AM

I'll be adding market maker fees, which will allow users to get paid 50BP(they won't pay any fees) when they make buy sell orders to provide liquidity.

New asset fee will stay as-is.

This is great and smart idea to introduce a market maker into this market.

16SvwJtQET7mkHZFFbJpgPaDA1Pxtmbm5P

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 03:55:30 PM

Congrats.

mila

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 08:25:01 PM

However, I have a GLBSE1 account which is completely empty, no assets or funds ...

then throw it away. register a new account in 2.0 and you're done.
the 2.0 link to claim old account remains visible also for users that already claimed their accounts.
I guess there's nothing to transfer so no claim code is generated.

the username in 1.0 was anyway only a locally stored label (see your key pair backup) and 2.0 is open to squat user names so hurry up ; )

your ad here:
Meni Rosenfeld
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1054

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2012, 08:36:32 PM

I'll be adding market maker fees, which will allow users to get paid 50BP(they won't pay any fees) when they make buy sell orders to provide liquidity.
Please don't. As I explained in another thread, these don't do anything functionally and just create more confusion and obfuscation.

1EofoZNBhWQ3kxfKnvWkhtMns4AivZArhr   |   Who am I?   |   bitcoin-otc WoT
Bitcoil - Exchange bitcoins for ILS (thread)   |   Israel Bitcoin community homepage (thread)
Analysis of Bitcoin Pooled Mining Reward Systems (thread, summary)  |   PureMining - Infinite-term, deterministic mining bond
roomservice

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:00:46 PM

Hi there,

i think GLBSE is really important for the whole Bitcoin economy.

Are there any plans to open the stock trading system to alternativ stock exchanges?

Don't get me wrong, i really like GLBSE at is now, but i feel that people should have a choice to chose a stock exchange that suits best.

Right now, new stock exchanges will have a hard time to compete without the ability to trade GLBSE stocks.

Cheers,

roomservice

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
mila

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:12:54 PM

double spending? how do you transfer the stock to next exchange? will you issue 2nd batch of shares?
will you deposit then at a broker on glbse and trade certificates in the other exchange?
how does the asset manager know where are the shares traded?
I mean as long as glbse has no competitors it has time to evolve naturally
if there will be new markets then I'm not sure you could walk away with the shares just like that

your ad here:
roomservice

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:16:01 PM

double spending? how do you transfer the stock to next exchange? will you issue 2nd batch of shares?
will you deposit then at a broker on glbse and trade certificates in the other exchange?
how does the asset manager know where are the shares traded?
I mean as long as glbse has no competitors it has time to evolve naturally
if there will be new markets then I'm not sure you could walk away with the shares just like that

Well, stockholder should have the right to trade their stocks how they like, even offline.

I didn't come with a technical solution yet, but i would like to know why nobody else have considered this before!?

"Tonight's the night. And it's going to happen again, and again. It has to happen. Nice night."
mila

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:16:41 PM

Please don't. As I explained in another thread, these don't do anything functionally and just create more confusion and obfuscation.

and will be difficult to test properly. seriously who needs that?

and one more time a request for clarification how should overlapping orders work.

your ad here:
roomservice

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 09:26:10 PM

and will be difficult to test properly. seriously who needs that?

and one more time a request for clarification how should overlapping orders work.

thats easy, you can only trade stocks that have been deposited into an alternative stock exchange.
this could be possible if a stock would be "withdrawed" from glbse before.

just theorycrafting yet, maybe i should start a discussion about that topic elsewhere.

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:27:50 PM

However, I have a GLBSE1 account which is completely empty, no assets or funds ...

then throw it away. register a new account in 2.0 and you're done.
the 2.0 link to claim old account remains visible also for users that already claimed their accounts.
I guess there's nothing to transfer so no claim code is generated.

the username in 1.0 was anyway only a locally stored label (see your key pair backup) and 2.0 is open to squat user names so hurry up ; )

Killer. I'm on it. Thanks mila.

Also, 2 more questions:

1) Is there a way to get a list of the principals/staff  @ GLBSE? I know you guys are well trusted, but I'd like to know who all I'm dealing with Smiley 

2) It looks like GLBSE could work for private assets as well as the publicly traded assets. If I wanted to come issue two separate series of stocks, only one of which offered in public sale, likely with different rights, could you manage the private asset (i.e. let people hold it in account, vote, distribute dividends, etc, as per other public assets) as well as the public asset? I'm presuming this would be a paid service.

Thanks for you help!!

teek

Activity: 667

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:32:23 PM

2) It looks like GLBSE could work for private assets as well as the publicly traded assets. If I wanted to come issue two separate series of stocks, only one of which offered in public sale, likely with different rights, could you manage the private asset (i.e. let people hold it in account, vote, distribute dividends, etc, as per other public assets) as well as the public asset? I'm presuming this would be a paid service.

Thanks for you help!!

I wonder about something similar.  I don't know jack about securities law, but from what I have heard, offering a public security and soliciting people privately to invest are two totally different things.. 
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:38:29 PM

Just signed up  Grin

teek

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:41:26 PM

1) Is there a way to get a list of the principals/staff  @ GLBSE? I know you guys are well trusted, but I'd like to know who all I'm dealing with Smiley 

I am interested in the RPP (road pizza policy).  As much as I like and totally support the idea behind GLBSE..  It is kind of hastily thrown together and not so well thought out (at least from an outsider perspective)   I understand that it is in its infancy and may not be making the money required for it to be taken seriously (yet) but I am worried about a) if something happens to Nefario,  b) if the project is abandoned (it almost was).  

I already have a decent chunk of time / money tied up in GLBSE, and issues like these are REALLY holding me back from going further with it.  I am sure I am not alone in feeling this, as well, from an investor standpoint its gotta be holding people back from taking it seriously (thus investing) as well.  If GLBSE is really looking to make meaningful strides here, this stuff has to be addressed ASAP.

teek

guruvan

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 26, 2012, 10:56:51 PM

Thanks for you help!!

I wonder about something similar.  I don't know jack about securities law, but from what I have heard, offering a public security and soliciting people privately to invest are two totally different things.. 

In the example above, the one series of stock is, in fact, offered privately. The other is offered publicly. This is a very common model. In some cases you might have several series of stock with various different rights. Founder's stock (20x voting rights maybe, no dividends), Series A (private) - 10X voting rights, dividends & liquidation rights, Series B (public), 1X voting rights, dividends, maybe even a second public offering of B or a C round w/ either dividends or voting rights.

since GLBSE has the infrastructure to deal with:
- shareholders holding certificates of stocks
- transfers of certificates
- dividend payment
- (and voting, i thought I saw)

it seems it could be a great fit to have GLBSE manage private assets - especially if they are already agreed to handle a public asset at a future date. (i.e. I might have a public asset ready for sale, that is dependent on private sale of the series A round, and a vote of those shareholders before it can be sold)

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 01:02:18 AM

Suggestion;  Adjust the listing of Buy/Sell orders so the lowest Ask is first and highest Bid is first. Right now they are all mixed up. probably listed in the order they were posted, but it's ugly.

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 01:42:41 AM

Getting an internal server error when I try to claim my old account.

Still around.
edd
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1414

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2012, 02:06:46 AM

Okay, I see my bitcoin balance now and the shares I've purchased in someone else's stock, but I don't see any of my own shares in UBTC even though I do have (very limited) access to the administrative panel for it.

Still around.
teek

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 02:37:09 AM

seems i've had a few people msg me saying they didn't get their dividend this week.. but they did go out.. and BMMO history on GLBSE 2.0 shows that.. might need your help Nefario..

teek
ColdHardMetal

Activity: 700

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 03:06:35 AM

seems i've had a few people msg me saying they didn't get their dividend this week.. but they did go out.. and BMMO history on GLBSE 2.0 shows that.. might need your help Nefario..

teek

He's on the road for a few days, so your best bet is to email him for a quicker resolution.

PM me if you need his email address.

sadpandatech

Activity: 504

View Profile
March 27, 2012, 04:26:38 PM

How long do deposits to GLBSE2 take? I've got one now with 98+ confirmations that is not showing on my balance yet... previous balance and shares seem ok after claiming form my old acct yesterday..

cheers

If you're not excited by the idea of being an early adopter 'now', then you should come back in three or four years and either tell us "Told you it'd never work!" or join what should, by then, be a much more stable and easier-to-use system.
- GA

It is being worked on by smart people.  -DamienBlack
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: