Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:46:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good news for the Bitcoin  (Read 8397 times)
dadaas

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:11:14 AM

Ok, it makes sense. But still, maybe it will get to the point where they will reach their goal, but right now only thing I can see is that people are abusing their giveaway system.
JLynn171

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:18:28 PM

Ok, it makes sense. But still, maybe it will get to the point where they will reach their goal, but right now only thing I can see is that people are abusing their giveaway system.

its really a smart way to get new coin out there... only way an altcoin will have value if there are people who have it widespread and see an value in their holdings.... as long as everyone doesnt sell off to one person should be a good widespread coin but yes i am one of the ones who jumped on the free coin and dumped as soon as i possibly could.... with any altcoin i hold i get rid of as long as there is still a value to it at the time  i get it
dadaas

Activity: 490

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:37:18 PM

its really a smart way to get new coin out there... only way an altcoin will have value if there are people who have it widespread and see an value in their holdings.... as long as everyone doesnt sell off to one person should be a good widespread coin but yes i am one of the ones who jumped on the free coin and dumped as soon as i possibly could.... with any altcoin i hold i get rid of as long as there is still a value to it at the time  i get it

I agree that that is great way to make your altcoin get value but what will happen now? For most of the people it was pump and dump and now they don't have interest in it.
Stery

Activity: 118
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:41:37 PM

Bitcoin need heads up.

I remember the days when ebay banned accounts madly that sold bitcoins or even miners.
bornil267645

Activity: 406

AltoCenter.com

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 01:43:47 PM

Hoping for this good streak to never end Cool Cool

pazor_true
Legendary

Activity: 1461
Merit: 1025

i love Emerald (EMD)

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 01:47:36 PM

bitcoin does not need any price rally more.
only price stability will helps to used as a serious business tool/payment/currency

BTC 12jiBjT2GSWYk2HwYdPqsQMuLqZ1br9D37 - i am Pazor
zolace

Activity: 364

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:03:11 PM

See the point that I seen one op made in here, was that these business are going to hurt btc because if sellers have to turn btc into fiat, then fiat goes into products, then more get bitcoin goes into fiat, instead of sellers taking bitcoin and being able to buy supplies with bitcoin, it wont do bitcoin any good till many and I mean many adopt it.

⚂⚄ Pocket Dice — Real dice experienceProvably Fair
Free BTC Faucet
⚅⚁
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
wezphoto

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 04:02:11 PM

Hoping for this good streak to never end Cool Cool

Seems that it's just ended... the value spike was 518 but now it's 509.
I hope it will recover today but I'm not so confident it will happen soon.
111magic (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 07:35:33 PM

I think the bitcoin value will rise again.
Much is happening in the world right now.
The financial news has been more in the background.
This will probably turn again.

Another reason I think is that people invest money in expensive altcoins. (more expensive than BTC). If the value of those expensive altcoins going to drop a lot of people will fall back on the BTC.

And actually does the BTC fine. There are now many companies, organizations, shops etc where you can pay with BTC.
This number continues to grow. I do not see that happening with the expensive altcoins! For some companies, organizations, shops etc it is indeed a big step to admit BTC in their payment option. The chance that these companies, agencies, shops etc put BTC aside and just switch to another currency is very small.

bitcoin: bc1qyadvvyv29z08ln2ta7g3uqwzkscr7wq4p09wuz
Bitbirdhunt

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:02:26 PM

Pretty sure that Bitcoin value will rise up EVENTUALLY. The economy is very fragile at this time, anything or everything could happen. Hoping for BTC to rise to 1.5k value. Tongue
DurbanPoison

Activity: 111

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 08:47:37 PM

The value is about to explode... too many good news without any price increase.

I think things will be fairly calm until the etfs go online. Once that happens things will get crazy.

I totally agree! The wall street money has yet to flood in. Once it does, there's no telling how high Bitcoin could go.
Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:04:30 PM

Another reason I think is that people invest money in expensive altcoins. (more expensive than BTC). If the value of those expensive altcoins going to drop a lot of people will fall back on the BTC.

Altcoin market is around 0.5B only, including Litecoin. Not enough to make much difference on Bitcoin price
ajareselde
Legendary

Activity: 1722

Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 10:06:13 PM

Pretty sure that Bitcoin value will rise up EVENTUALLY. The economy is very fragile at this time, anything or everything could happen. Hoping for BTC to rise to 1.5k value. Tongue

Seams very likely, dont know why the recent drop in price, hoping it was a trap for weak hands.
Still hope it goes much higher than 1.5k tho, i got addicted to moon launches so much that 3x gain seams low, i know its insane but i cant help myself Smiley

Its definetly time to put mt.gox and other bad news behind and continue the lunar mission Tongue
Fabrizio89

Activity: 924

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 07:09:43 AM

Seams very likely, dont know why the recent drop in price, hoping it was a trap for weak hands.
Still hope it goes much higher than 1.5k tho, i got addicted to moon launches so much that 3x gain seams low, i know its insane but i cant help myself Smiley

Its definetly time to put mt.gox and other bad news behind and continue the lunar mission Tongue

If you don't follow the market, I'll tell you what's happening: Bitfenix is an exchange that lets you borrow liquidity and bet on Bitcoin price, when there was that spike around 680$ in June people thought it was the beginning of another bubble and a massive amount of dollars where borrowed for long positions. The trick is that you have to pay interests to keep those orders opened and the more time you keep those orders open the more the price have to rise in order for you to make a profit. Right now the price is plummeting because there's a sort of cascade effect being triggered by orders that are now in a really bad position and these people can't remain solvent forever. As long as there are bigger players in the market who don't care about the price being stagnant or going lower these people will keep losing money. And these big players are really patient, they are waiting for every order to be closed in red so the price gets low enough for them to enter with a strong position on the lowest possible price.
counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 08:18:29 AM

It's great that companies are in talks to be honest as this is what bitcoin needs however we need more action and less talking, all the companies seem to be doing is going into discussions but we never really see any outcomes from these discussions.
Discussion is good.  No company is going to make a sudden decision to accept Bitcoin.  Imagine proposing to accept Bitcoin at board meeting with aprox 10 other directors.  It wouldn't be surprising if at least 2 other directors think it is a ponzie scheme, not real money or criminal money.  It takes time to win people over.

That is true. The problem is that with many companies they can go into talks for months and months which I understand that any kind of discussion and decision is going to take a while but then we never really seem to see any progress from there meaning it all kind of fades out for a while until we hear anything else if anything.

I tend to agree, to me it feels like companies are just looking to get the names in the news and if Bitcoin is what is cool to be associated with then why not say your doing this and that.  Time will tell what will come out of all these talks but to me things are still up in the air.
111magic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 03:52:03 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 01:30:11 PM by 111magic

If you don't follow the market, I'll tell you what's happening: Bitfenix is an exchange that lets you borrow liquidity and bet on Bitcoin price, when there was that spike around 680$ in June people thought it was the beginning of another bubble and a massive amount of dollars where borrowed for long positions. The trick is that you have to pay interests to keep those orders opened and the more time you keep those orders open the more the price have to rise in order for you to make a profit. Right now the price is plummeting because there's a sort of cascade effect being triggered by orders that are now in a really bad position and these people can't remain solvent forever. As long as there are bigger players in the market who don't care about the price being stagnant or going lower these people will keep losing money. And these big players are really patient, they are waiting for every order to be closed in red so the price gets low enough for them to enter with a strong position on the lowest possible price.

Thanks for the info!
He declin be hard.
I have no problem if he's going to rise again.

Aemon

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:48:48 PM

So basically we are just hoping for the next big bubble to happen?  It will go low and then super high is that correct?  I hope so I am going to start my bitcoin empire:)
dompsairs

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 05:07:09 PM

Calm price while eBay acceptance is roaming? prepate for lift off matho fako gentlemen.
111magic (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 03:27:35 PM

BTC looks better then yesterday! Wink

TookDk
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062

One coin to rule them all

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

Friday, August 15, 2014

"EBay is in discussions about acceptance Bitcoin Braintree '
"EBay is in discussions about acceptance Bitcoin Braintree '
EBay is in talks with several companies to accept Bitcoin digital currency. EBay's Braintree, that payment software to companies like Airbnb and Uber, the currency could be introduced as currency.

EBay bought Braintree last year for $ 800 million. According to sources of The Wall Street Journal PayPal has talked with several companies that make Bitcoin transactions possible. One is Coinbase.
Mint on eBay
The conversations were about the acceptance of digital currency by Braintree. EBay and PayPal will, if a deal is closed over Braintree, do not even go directly accept Bitcoins. But, according to sources from The Wall Street Journal, this may change at a later stage.
Overstock.com and Expedia
Overtock.com and Expedia are part of the club of big companies that Bitcoins is already common currency. Overstock.com reports to expect that at the end of year 6 to 8 million of its sales with Bitcoins has been paid. Braintree processed before it was taken over a year more than 12 billion dollars in payments by eBay.
Bitcoins in Netherlands
In the Netherlands, among others at Thuisbezorgd.nl and Online Druggist pay. The coin The Dutch payment service provider (PSP) Qantani Bitcoins has also added to its range of online payment methods.

Can you post a link for the discussion about EBay/bitcoin?

Cryptography is one of the few things you can truly trust.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: