Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:30:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Announcing ProzCoin : Proof of Action (PoA)  (Read 78411 times)
provenceday
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 12:31:28 AM

how about some article on coindesk?

"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProzCoin (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:10:39 AM

how about some article on coindesk?

That is something we have considered, so it isn't out of the question.  We have a couple Proof of Action campaigns planned, so we need to get those executed first. 

Chris

prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:42:45 AM

Careful if you transfer from the stupid Omniwallet to CEX.

I did so when the CEX wallets became available on 1st September, and havent seen my coins since.

CEX don't seem to give a fuck either...only 0.25 BTC so no great loss...but still...

https://www.omniwallet.org/explorer/inspector?view=33092acdeb50054ce3ce49399e254b297c00d43348011ed2cfcb306aaee2ba68

Never showed.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
genecyber

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 04:17:12 AM

I did so when the CEX wallets became available on 1st September, and havent seen my coins since.

CEX don't seem to give a fuck either...only 0.25 BTC so no great loss...but still...

https://www.omniwallet.org/explorer/inspector?view=33092acdeb50054ce3ce49399e254b297c00d43348011ed2cfcb306aaee2ba68

Never showed.

Strange, it's still there though :
http://www.svallet.info/addr/1HV8mXUJPjuw9RSbgWBiqn2PF1PkynFJvq

I'll have then take a look.
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:35:13 AM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5n5aPtAI3uIak9KT1JNSmlKcDg/edit

Here is a link to an undoxed version of the PoA results, as per request. 

Chris

prospecta

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:09:57 AM

Never showed.

Strange, it's still there though :
http://www.svallet.info/addr/1HV8mXUJPjuw9RSbgWBiqn2PF1PkynFJvq

I'll have then take a look.

Edit: Wait I get what you're staying, the 100k do show in my Cex address of 1HV8mXUJPjuw9RSbgWBiqn2PF1PkynFJvq - but they just don't appear in my Balance on CEX.

They seem to be very slow on support lately.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:19:21 AM

Edit: Wait I get what you're staying, the 100k do show in my Cex address of 1HV8mXUJPjuw9RSbgWBiqn2PF1PkynFJvq - but they just don't appear in my Balance on CEX.

They seem to be very slow on support lately.

Yeah, they had a lot of work ahead of them last I talked to them, but I'm sure it will get worked out.

Chris

prospecta

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:20:56 AM

Hope so...I don't even want to dump...I just want my PROZ!!!

genecyber

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 05:27:06 AM

First off I'm not going to address each and every point in this post as there was quite a bit of involvement and discussion already. I will say thanks for all the constructive feedback and at time criticism. You are asking real questions, which in the end is the kind of thing that we want, community involvement and honest feedback / suggestions.

I would like to bring to light some of the things that are coming though.

First off, We will have a block chain. We will not exclusively rely on the masterprotocol nor the BTCitcoin blockchain (although I'm still working out the details on using the bitcoin blockchain a tiny bit [really exciting stuff happening there])

We will have distributed proof with verifiable / anonymous statistics, agreed upon via decentralized consensus nodes. this chain will work within your browser via plugins for chrome / firefox or via a similar but not cloned bitcoin-qt client. This client / plugin + chain system will make cheating difficult. The algorithm will change transparently to allow for anti cheat measures.

I also want to clarify that PoA is not incentivized marketing. Our genesis was a proof of concept like has been mentioned before and the participants (Once anti cheat is taken into account) will be rewarded handsomely. Also noteworthy is that the technology used for Genesis is 3rd party and not what will ultimately power our platform.

An important thing to keep in mind when trying to understand or explain PoA is the quality modifiers. The participants and holders of the tokens are encouraged to upvote, judge quality, edit and contribute to the definition of what should be rewarded. @HunterMinerCrafter you would have earned a decent amount by your participation in this thread. I might even (if this were on our platform and not on a third party) tip you some of my own coin in order to make your reward larger.

I hate to even suggest it, but I can't speak for the whole so it *Might* be the case that the majority of people reward bad spelling, anti semitic remarks & overall nastiness. I doubt this will be the case and I will do my best to put the tools in the people's hands that *do* care about quality and collaboration so that their voices are heard.

One of the great things about working with Mastercoin is where they are in their development plan. They have been building the foundation upon which a multitude of new features are being built. We will support many of these features by default from the day of release (sometimes earlier)

Roadmap
~ ? weeks Mastercoin Wallet.
~ ? weeks Multisig support for ProzCoin
~ 1 week Website / Platform
~ 2-3 weeks PoA features deeply integrated into our platform
~ [date pending formal announcement] Microtransactions
~ [date pending formal announcement] Platform supported exchanging
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:23:12 AM

First off I'm not going to address each and every point in this post as there was quite a bit of involvement and discussion already. I will say thanks for all the constructive feedback and at time criticism. You are asking real questions, which in the end is the kind of thing that we want, community involvement and honest feedback / suggestions.

First off, We will have a block chain. We will not exclusively rely on the masterprotocol nor the BTCitcoin blockchain (although I'm still working out the details on using the bitcoin blockchain a tiny bit [really exciting stuff happening there])

We will have distributed proof with verifiable / anonymous statistics, agreed upon via decentralized consensus nodes. this chain will work within your browser via plugins for chrome / firefox or via a similar but not cloned bitcoin-qt client. This client / plugin + chain system will make cheating difficult. The algorithm will change transparently to allow for anti cheat measures.

I also want to clarify that PoA is not incentivized marketing. Our genesis was a proof of concept like has been mentioned before and the participants (Once anti cheat is taken into account) will be rewarded handsomely. Also noteworthy is that the technology used for Genesis is 3rd party and not what will ultimately power our platform.

An important thing to keep in mind when trying to understand or explain PoA is the quality modifiers. The participants and holders of the tokens are encouraged to upvote, judge quality, edit and contribute to the definition of what should be rewarded. @HunterMinerCrafter you would have earned a decent amount by your participation in this thread. I might even (if this were on our platform and not on a third party) tip you some of my own coin in order to make your reward larger.

I hate to even suggest it, but I can't speak for the whole so it *Might* be the case that the majority of people reward bad spelling, anti semitic remarks & overall nastiness. I doubt this will be the case and I will do my best to put the tools in the people's hands that *do* care about quality and collaboration so that their voices are heard.

One of the great things about working with Mastercoin is where they are in their development plan. They have been building the foundation upon which a multitude of new features are being built. We will support many of these features by default from the day of release (sometimes earlier)

Roadmap
~ ? weeks Mastercoin Wallet.
~ ? weeks Multisig support for ProzCoin
~ 1 week Website / Platform
~ [date pending formal announcement] Microtransactions
~ [date pending formal announcement] Platform supported exchanging

nice to read this reply.

thanks for the update.
Wings1987

Activity: 418

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:45:56 AM

All good stuff. Can't wait to see some of these features in action.

meccoin4me

Activity: 504

Bitcoin is getting bigcoin

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:38:47 PM

great to see this coin is going somewere , glad i buyed some

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1155319.0  DELTACREDITS , great coin , great idea behind
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:46:43 PM

Office hours will be held at 12 PM today if anyone has questions.

Larry.Christopher.Bates on Skype.

Chris

provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:55:19 PM

Chris

When will we have a wallet?
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 02:51:39 PM

Chris

When will we have a wallet?

I know Shannon is working on the Masterchest, but I am not positive about a date of release, but he had it listed as within weeks. 

Chris

GreatOrchid
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:08:18 PM

dont forget the mining thing
its gonna be a few weeks

i see some early adopters have sold under ipo price
is this something that our providers have expected
ProzCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:35:23 PM

dont forget the mining thing
its gonna be a few weeks

i see some early adopters have sold under ipo price
is this something that our providers have expected

Cool

Oh, we haven't forgotten.

Chris

originalchilli

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:40:20 PM

spoke to support in the trollbox on c-cex regarding coins sent from the omniwallet accounts not being available:

"Gridcoiner: @OriginalChilli, have informed the tech team about it, should be resolved soon I hope"

FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER -  @originalchilli
HunterMinerCrafter

Activity: 434

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:47:18 PM

And thank you for your this constructive response!  I particularly appreciate that you understand and acknowledge that I am not just another troll/"FUDster" but am actually just a critical supporter of your project.  I want nothing more than for an actual "PoA" initiative (something that has been discussed in the Bitcoin community for ages but has, as yet, failed to really materialize) to form, here!

Heavy, though, is the subject of proofs.  It is absolutely critical that if (when!) a working PoA model does emerge here it be logically and philosophically sound, before all else.  I sincerely hope everyone on your team both understands this necessity, and takes it deeply to heart.

I think it may ultimately end up hindering the project some that it was launched before that block-chain was ready, but there is nothing to be done about that now.  However, I think it is absolutely critical that you get this to fruition immediately.  Everything else should be at a dead stop until the proof of proof of action is ready for the world.  (We need to really see if the world is ready for it, and ASAP!)

You will want to make sure to have a stand-alone wallet.  Some people avoid browser plugins either as a matter of preference or of policy.  Further, browser plugins are less amenable to static analysis processes, and often carry broader assumptions over "surface area" of the system.  Maintain a "K.I.S.S." version.  I wasn't kidding when I said I have SMT solvers waiting for you.  Wink  In the end, I want to be able to (reasonably) easily assert something like "assuming historical growth trends continue, and the network coordinates a series of "this, that, then the other" particular action sequences, network participation should grow within the bounds of MIN% to MAX% and it will cost the network a subsidy distribution that breaks down as....."

I also want to clarify that PoA is not incentivized marketing.

Ideally, it should be "incentivized anything" right?

Our genesis was a proof of concept like has been mentioned before and the participants (Once anti cheat is taken into account) will be rewarded handsomely. Also noteworthy is that the technology used for Genesis is 3rd party and not what will ultimately power our platform.

I think it is important to clarify and educate as to the fact that this proof of concept was not a proof of the concept of proof of action. (Whew, that's a mouthful!  I hope that was not too hard to follow?  Wink)  I think it is important to make sure that people understand what proof of action actually means, why it hasn't yet been demonstrated, how your average Joe can know when it has been, and what that will actually mean for his world.  Not only is this critical because people now hold stake in the project, but because that will be the most direct route to introducing the value proposition to others!

Hehe.  I would hope.  If it works, my long-winded rants could become quite valuable some day?

My better half, in our discussions of Proz and similar initiatives, believes that It probably will become the case of overall nastiness.  She feels you are likely just building a better Reddit.  She says it will not be "what I would want."  Time will tell, but the important and immediate concern is not that but is trying it at all.  (Doing so correctly, with my SMT solver coming back SAT/UNSAT over chain constraints.)

I think it is fine that Proz is built on Mastercoin "for now."  However, Mastercoin is not Prozcoin, and those developments are independent.  It is great that there is overlap in the effort and personnel, but Prozcoin needs to prove Prozcoin protocol, Master protocol is it's own thing with it's own threads of discourse elsewhere.

Again, thank you for your constructive response.  I felt that I was getting nowhere with @ProzCoin and not even an indication that he understood my definition of QED.  Now, at least, I have some assurance that there is at least someone on the team who might understand and admit that what has happened to date is no proof, and might start to give indication on how we are to get there.  Now we just need the implementation defined and executed, so get to work!  Smiley
provenceday
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:47:52 PM

And thank you for your this constructive response!  I particularly appreciate that you understand and acknowledge that I am not just another troll/"FUDster" but am actually just a critical supporter of your project.  I want nothing more than for an actual "PoA" initiative (something that has been discussed in the Bitcoin community for ages but has, as yet, failed to really materialize) to form, here!

Heavy, though, is the subject of proofs.  It is absolutely critical that if (when!) a working PoA model does emerge here it be logically and philosophically sound, before all else.  I sincerely hope everyone on your team both understands this necessity, and takes it deeply to heart.

I think it may ultimately end up hindering the project some that it was launched before that block-chain was ready, but there is nothing to be done about that now.  However, I think it is absolutely critical that you get this to fruition immediately.  Everything else should be at a dead stop until the proof of proof of action is ready for the world.  (We need to really see if the world is ready for it, and ASAP!)

You will want to make sure to have a stand-alone wallet.  Some people avoid browser plugins either as a matter of preference or of policy.  Further, browser plugins are less amenable to static analysis processes, and often carry broader assumptions over "surface area" of the system.  Maintain a "K.I.S.S." version.  I wasn't kidding when I said I have SMT solvers waiting for you.  Wink  In the end, I want to be able to (reasonably) easily assert something like "assuming historical growth trends continue, and the network coordinates a series of "this, that, then the other" particular action sequences, network participation should grow within the bounds of MIN% to MAX% and it will cost the network a subsidy distribution that breaks down as....."

I also want to clarify that PoA is not incentivized marketing.

Ideally, it should be "incentivized anything" right?

Our genesis was a proof of concept like has been mentioned before and the participants (Once anti cheat is taken into account) will be rewarded handsomely. Also noteworthy is that the technology used for Genesis is 3rd party and not what will ultimately power our platform.

I think it is important to clarify and educate as to the fact that this proof of concept was not a proof of the concept of proof of action. (Whew, that's a mouthful!  I hope that was not too hard to follow?  Wink)  I think it is important to make sure that people understand what proof of action actually means, why it hasn't yet been demonstrated, how your average Joe can know when it has been, and what that will actually mean for his world.  Not only is this critical because people now hold stake in the project, but because that will be the most direct route to introducing the value proposition to others!

Hehe.  I would hope.  If it works, my long-winded rants could become quite valuable some day?

My better half, in our discussions of Proz and similar initiatives, believes that It probably will become the case of overall nastiness.  She feels you are likely just building a better Reddit.  She says it will not be "what I would want."  Time will tell, but the important and immediate concern is not that but is trying it at all.  (Doing so correctly, with my SMT solver coming back SAT/UNSAT over chain constraints.)

I think it is fine that Proz is built on Mastercoin "for now."  However, Mastercoin is not Prozcoin, and those developments are independent.  It is great that there is overlap in the effort and personnel, but Prozcoin needs to prove Prozcoin protocol, Master protocol is it's own thing with it's own threads of discourse elsewhere.

Again, thank you for your constructive response.  I felt that I was getting nowhere with @ProzCoin and not even an indication that he understood my definition of QED.  Now, at least, I have some assurance that there is at least someone on the team who might understand and admit that what has happened to date is no proof, and might start to give indication on how we are to get there.  Now we just need the implementation defined and executed, so get to work!  Smiley

That's really constructive!!!

great.

will do some translations later.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: