Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:43:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I do, I invested a lot  (Read 12455 times)
ErnieX

Activity: 58
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 02:52:13 PM

Hold your coins for a few years, bitcoin only grows even if it doesn't immediately show in the price or is on a pullback, don't give it up they will be more and more rare as time passes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BBmodBB

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

BTC = FREEDOM IS OUR ONLY HOPE!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:25:22 PM

simple,

sit back , relax , enjoy the ride,

it may take a while,

don't worry about btc until difficulty starts dropping like a rock

as long as the network is running like it is now,  even if difficulty does not continue to go up (i suspect it will continue to rise)

it is bulletproof,

hey bud! : it's apparent most bitcoiners interests are self serving...are you different? Can we make a change for the better?  Roll Eyes   ...need your help!!!(pm me)

*BTCitcoin Wales Club*-- message me for details!--///\\\TELEKINETICS///\\can manipulate objects with their mind. Telekinesis is one of the basis of many superpowers that are based on "controlling/manipulating", it may evolve to the point that a Telekinetic can control anything at a subatomic level.
derpinheimer
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:30:50 PM

simple,

sit back , relax , enjoy the ride,

it may take a while,

don't worry about btc until difficulty starts dropping like a rock

as long as the network is running like it is now,  even if difficulty does not continue to go up (i suspect it will continue to rise)

it is bulletproof,

!!!!

This is definitely not a glitch! SELLLLLL!! /s
Coinhunter32

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:32:22 PM

860$, is a very high price. I think you shouldn't sell it panicing. Bitcoins is future and prices will surely rise.

Just wait for an year or so.
ErnieX

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:59:13 PM

Takes time for people to accept trading and spending bitcoin on these levels, when enough do so and even more are willing to enter the market the price will rise almost guaranteed.
Even if another pullback to $400 comes just hold or buy extra. The odds for bitcoin to challenge the alltime high are very good, until it breaks out even higher. But then people need to get used to those levels again for awhile, imagine you will be able to buy a decent car for 1 or 2 bitcoins or a house for 25 bitcoins  Cheesy
Junkbarman

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 08:17:55 PM

tl;dr why didn't you buy at $450?

What do you think is going to happen if all the home miner/ hobbiest like myself just can't mine anymore for whatever reason? (too hot, too expensive, too noisy, wife bitching, etc, etc, etc)

Your going to see more buyers and sellers, especially once the block reward halves again.

And seeing things like Newegg.com selling a PS4 for $80 off if you use bitcoins, is great too. It's like being in a club with great discounts. The more people that adopt bitcoin, I'm sure the less you're going to see things like those deals.

But in the mean time, let's do this!

New title for this thread: what should I do, I invested alot and haven't invested since..
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:08:06 PM

OP, I just read your post history:

"I keep all bitcoin in bitstamp cause I trust them"

Now this, may not be a good idea.

Well, maybe if you are so technically illiterate that you would totally screw up holding them yourself. But historically, Bitcoin exchanges can and do go bust.

As others have said - you don't have any bitcoin, you have an IOU for bitcoin.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 09:28:01 PM

Do *not* keep your "investment" on an exchange!  That is asking for trouble!   Your far better off with a paper wallet, or even an excellent pass phrase and the Qt wallet (backed up many times of course!).

I would say there's a better chance that you'll get screwed over by the exchange in some way than there is that your investment will tank long term...
carla17

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:25:19 AM

Cheesy..I'm waiting for the right opportunity...
carla17

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:39:57 AM

by the way, I am 28 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings, especially I bought a lot of LITECOIN....f**k  Cry Cry
hodap

Activity: 306
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:40:25 AM

Should not invest what you are not willing to lose it all.

Would suggest you to reduce the risk by selling and only holding what you are willing to lose.
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 08:50:19 AM

by the way, I am 28 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings, especially I bought a lot of LITECOIN....f**k  Cry Cry

Why Litecoin? You should have focused on Bitcoin, Litecoin is a clone with no added value to the original.

carla17

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:02:41 AM

Why Litecoin? You should have focused on Bitcoin, Litecoin is a clone with no added value to the original.
Cry Cry  I bought before, but unexpectedly it continued to depreciate, I was reluctant to sell at a low price, now I have about 1000 litecoins.
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LGfZmcoFPwk/UEujdLt5l1I/AAAAAAAAFCY/xoToE0AhiQk/s400/crying-kid-250x300.jpg
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:05:16 AM

Cry Cry  I bought before, but unexpectedly it continued to depreciate, I was reluctant to sell at a low price, now I have about 1000 litecoins.

My recommendation is for newbies to stick to Bitcoin - alts, especially useless BTC clones like LTC (and its further clones), are just pure gambling and/or pump&dump schemes. Not a wise investment at all, unless you already own BTC and you just want to gamble a little.

carla17

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:12:23 AM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-LGfZmcoFPwk/UEujdLt5l1I/AAAAAAAAFCY/xoToE0AhiQk/s400/crying-kid-250x300.jpg

My recommendation is for newbies to stick to Bitcoin - alts, especially useless BTC clones like LTC (and its further clones), are just pure gambling and/or pump&dump schemes. Not a wise investment at all, unless you already own BTC and you just want to gamble a little.
it's too late Undecided
nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:15:14 AM

You should sell your litecoins now it's actually overvalued at the moment. How much did you buy your ltcs at btw?
carla17

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:21:14 AM

You should sell your litecoins now it's actually overvalued at the moment. How much did you buy your ltcs at btw?
25 dollars Cry ...
carla17

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 09:28:12 AM

25 dollars Cry ...
I will not say more, I’m feeling worse with more words, I don’t know whether to sell or hold for a long time, in a word, I'm waiting for a chance...
negafen

Activity: 218
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
August 21, 2014, 09:45:54 AM

Doesn't matter when he bought. Price dropped way more than 60% this month alone. Doubt the extra 10-20% difference make no different to ltc investors.

I know people who invested a lot into GPU mining when ltc peaked at around 45. They are having hard time selling the gpu now.
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
August 21, 2014, 10:35:20 AM

Damn I ignored more people in this thread than in Wall observer. Stay invested lol.

Hodling since 2011.®
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: