Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:04:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I do, I invested a lot  (Read 12455 times)
fonzie

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:45:50 PM

You often can tell good advices from bad ones from the simple fact that the latters comes almost always with insults or fear inducing clues like "cut losses now or lose everything".
Good advices are seldom trying to force you do anything but rather try to reason you by means of logic.

You don't know the good advice from the bad until it is too late.

Tell that to the OP. He's in panic and about to sell.

Okay.  Hey Impross88!
  Dai nemici mi guardo io, dagli amici mi guardi id dio!

translation CUT YOUR LOOSE

"To know death, Otto, you have to fuck life in the gallbladder"
www.hsbc.com  - The world´s local bank
"These FUDsters are insane egomaniacs that just want cheap BTC" - oblivi
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
maker88

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:49:49 PM

Your looses huh? Fuck you. Welcome to ignore.

A shining example of the critical thinking skills of the bulltards on this forum. "You disagree with my investment strategy? Fuck you, man!!1"

That is obviously not what he's saying fuck you about. He's saying fuck you cuz you are fallings stupid ass twin, looses is not the word you're looking for, but you still don't understand this. Depsite making the mistake countless times over multiple accounts, Cuz you're stupid.
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:55:43 PM

Your looses huh? Fuck you. Welcome to ignore.

A shining example of the critical thinking skills of the bulltards on this forum. "You disagree with my investment strategy? Fuck you, man!!1"

That is obviously not what he's saying fuck you about. He's saying fuck you cuz you are fallings stupid ass twin, looses is not the word you're looking for, but you still don't understand this. Depsite making the mistake countless times over multiple accounts, Cuz you're stupid.

QFT.
apepoof

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:59:13 PM

Selling now would be a mistake unless you need the funds in the short term.

adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 08:08:37 PM

you say your 26...

do you imagine yourself investing some savings into bitcoin ever again?

if so you did good this year, try not to let the FUD of the moment get to you.

Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:10:41 PM

As people are telling you, keep faith and come back in two to five months.
It will be better and you will be smiling that you went through the worst low ever.
Next time don't invest most of your money in a high-risk speculative currency it will make you sleep way better.

Why won't it go to $0 and why will it come back better than ever
 - We all have invested a lot in Bitcoin there are also people who bought at $1200.
 - Shitloads of people have mining contracts and want an ROI.
 - Wallstreet and ETFs are ready to launch.
 - Major retailers are investing in Bitcoin adoption.
 - Technology is sound and uncrackable.
 - We've been through 40 China bans, an Exchange failure (MtGOX) and several scandals.
 - ATMs popping up.
 - Official regulations on Bitcoin.
 - etc....

If Bitcoin is going to die then it will not be now.

We are currently in the bear trap / dispair phase. You will feel the need to sell but don't give in.
It might go to $100 but once it comes back it will go way further than ever before. (we hope Smiley)

Cheer up and have a beer (or 5)!!!!!

P.S. We are all in this shithole together so as long as this forum has members you are not alone.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:11:36 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?
Without poor people there are no rich.
You choose on what side you want to end.
findftp
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:16:00 PM

It will be better and you will be smiling that you went through the worst low ever.
Next time don't invest most of your money in a high-risk speculative currency it will make you sleep way better.

- We all have invested a lot in Bitcoin there are also people who bought at $1200.
 - We've been through 40 China bans, an Exchange failure (MtGOX) and several scandals.
 - ATMs popping up.
 - etc....

Bullshit.
A technical flaw would be deadly instantly, no matter about any point you describe.
But hey, you can tell your grandkids that you owned some of those digital tulip bulbs and it was a hell of a time!
And if a technical flaw is not happening, we are going to the moon, it's that simple.
Magic Of Nigeria

Activity: 146

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:19:12 PM

i think u should keep waiting, it will go up.

Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:35:57 PM

- ATMs popping up.
 - etc....

Bullshit.
A technical flaw would be deadly instantly, no matter about any point you describe.
But hey, you can tell your grandkids that you owned some of those digital tulip bulbs and it was a hell of a time!
And if a technical flaw is not happening, we are going to the moon, it's that simple.

I understand the way you read my post Smiley
I was talking about the current situation and there are no known flaws to date.

Yes true if one was to be able to crack ECDSA or be able to reverse SHA-256 and RIPEMD160 then we would have some problems.
Even then the Bicoin client can be adapted quickly through manditory update to support a different checksum of public key signing algorithm.

Yes we currently have no proof that ECDSA is safe but hey almost all SSL, HTTPS and other security systems are based on that technology.

Other than that the Dutch Tulip craze ended after three years, Bitcoin has been here longer Smiley

Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:45:00 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?
>investing life savings
>investing once it's mainstream

How does it feel being dumb money?

Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?
Go ask fortune teller. Will chip fall on black?

You haven't lost anything at this point until you sell your BTC. hold onto them.
But he has. Do you know what "unrealised losses" are?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:45:43 PM

Auktion the coins and get a high bid  Roll Eyes

findftp
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:50:01 PM

- ATMs popping up.
 - etc....

Bullshit.

Yes true if one was to be able to crack ECDSA or be able to reverse SHA-256 and RIPEMD160 then we would have some problems.
Even then the Bicoin client can be adapted quickly through manditory update to support a different checksum of public key signing algorithm.

Yes we currently have no proof that ECDSA is safe but hey almost all SSL, HTTPS and other security systems are based on that technology.

Other than that the Dutch Tulip craze ended after three years, Bitcoin has been here longer Smiley
I agree with most, but a flaw in bitcoin could send it to sub-zero because a lot of noobs don't understand shit of it.
I know it can be fixed, but you should agree that it would cause a big dent into crypto.
Some alt-coins will rise I guess, depending on the speed of the bitcoin fix.

I don't care about a flaw or bitcoin going to zero. I'm happy to have been a part of it.
I will hold my coins no matter what
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:51:59 PM
Last edit: August 18, 2014, 09:12:19 PM by 600watt

Hey I can sympathize you.  I've lost a lot of money in stocks before as well.  I think the thing you should do is sell as much of your holdings to get to a position you can accept losing everything.

You are stressed out because your position is too big.  The price might go up or down more.  Nobody knows.  What you know is the size of your position and how much you stand to win OR lose.  Try to think defensively out it

Ignore the pumpers here.  They are perma bulls.  They don't care about your money.  I have no position so I don't care if price of bitcoin goes up or down.  I just don't like to see people get suckered into a pyramid/ pump & dump

you post 700 x in a pyramid scheme forum ?
the minds of those who are capable of such behaviour are a complete mystery to me.

Edit: typo
Impros88 (OP)

Activity: 293

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 08:59:15 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here. That's what got you into this situation in the first place. The "buy and hold" is a sales tactic of the early investors so they can cash out their bitcoin slowly overtime without the price crashing. Many on here will tell you that since you've held for this long, you might as well stick it out. They'll tell you that we've bottomed out (rpitiela and others) or that "this has all happened before" because they either want to sell to you, or they're also in over their heads and misery enjoys company.

You can choose to stick it out if you like and pray for a rebound, but just keep in mind that there is no goldren rule that we won't continue to drop and nothing is off limits, including $300s, $200s or worse.

thus is scary but true. I will hold, even if I am not sure, as others seem, that bitcoin will rise again. Bitcoin could have been a fashion, a bubble like all other bubbles in history since 1600. Anyway I have taken my decision. If I was going to sell now I would lose 40% of my investment and it is way to much.
Anyway, thanks everyone because when you are losing thousands euros, big part of your savings, in a single week worst thing is to feel alone. You gave me hope. Maybe I am wrong again but I have  took my decision. I don't need that money to live so I will wait.
Greetings from Italy..
findftp
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:09:26 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here. That's what got you into this situation in the first place. The "buy and hold" is a sales tactic of the early investors so they can cash out their bitcoin slowly overtime without the price crashing. Many on here will tell you that since you've held for this long, you might as well stick it out. They'll tell you that we've bottomed out (rpitiela and others) or that "this has all happened before" because they either want to sell to you, or they're also in over their heads and misery enjoys company.

You can choose to stick it out if you like and pray for a rebound, but just keep in mind that there is no goldren rule that we won't continue to drop and nothing is off limits, including $300s, $200s or worse.

thus is scary but true. I will hold, even if I am not sure, as others seem, that bitcoin will rise again. Bitcoin could have been a fashion, a bubble like all other bubbles in history since 1600. Anyway I have taken my decision. If I was going to sell now I would lose 40% of my investment and it is way to much.
Anyway, thanks everyone because when you are losing thousands euros, big part of your savings, in a single week worst thing is to feel alone. You gave me hope. Maybe I am wrong again but I have  took my decision. I don't need that money to live so I will wait.
Greetings from Italy..
Hero.

You should put a bitcoin address in your sig, I would donate satoshis, to make you feel better. Wink
Sevvero

Activity: 350
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:38:23 PM

Tell your family you're a failure who lost all this money on magic internet shit, then kill your kids, your wife, and then finally yourself to ensure the cycle of stupidity ends with your line.
This guy gets it Smiley Listen to him, OP!

It's not:
http://hackingdistributed.com/2014/06/16/how-a-mining-monopoly-can-attack-bitcoin/
Wilhelm
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 09:58:43 PM

- ATMs popping up.
 - etc....

Bullshit.

I agree with most, but a flaw in bitcoin could send it to sub-zero because a lot of noobs don't understand shit of it.
I know it can be fixed, but you should agree that it would cause a big dent into crypto.
Some alt-coins will rise I guess, depending on the speed of the bitcoin fix.

I don't care about a flaw or bitcoin going to zero. I'm happy to have been a part of it.
I will hold my coins no matter what

Yes I fully agree. A flaw in the client that can be exploited for a day or two would cause Bitcoin to hit the 2 digits or lower.
Any coin that covers the security breach might get an advantage and take over.

Possibly Bitcoin will recover but it won't be pretty Smiley

For me too I wouldn't mind having Bitcoin after it went to zero. I'll probably frame my wallet and hang it somewhere Smiley

Razick
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:16:22 PM

I would strongly advise holding them until at the very least you recover your savings. At a minimum I'd say there is a 90% chance we'll see $830 or more in 6-8 months. If you sell now, you are probably making a losing bet and eating huge losses that you don't have to take. I have made some very bad decisions when it comes to Bitcoin, and this advice is based on what I've learned. In the end, you've got to decide for yourself, good luck.

ACCOUNT RECOVERED 4/27/2020. Account was previously hacked sometime in 2017. Posts between 12/31/2016 and 4/27/2020 are NOT LEGITIMATE.
MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 10:18:00 PM

Sub-zero?  Meaning you'll have to pay people to haul away all your bitcoins?   Shocked   This is an interesting opinion you have in that case! 
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: