Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 07:28:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I do, I invested a lot  (Read 12455 times)
kerafym

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 04:20:49 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

I'm sorry your investment in bitcoins is down.  I imagine several people are in a similar situation. 

I do not think this is the end of bitcoin.  The key thing is do you need the cash now or can you afford to hold the coins?  If you need your national currency back now, then sure, sell, take the loss, and move on.  It sucks, but it's not like you've been wiped out, investors in many stocks see far worse losses than you've incurred.

If you don't need the cash then by all means, I'd hang on to it for awhile longer.  Though I admit that takes a lot of patience as it sucks to be continually reminded of what looks like a mistake everytime you see the bitcoin price.

A good rule on any investment is remembering why you bought it.  If that reason is still true, then keep it, if not, sell it and move on.

Good Luck!

People should know bitcoin isn't an investment geared toward people with low risk.

If they don't have the stomach for 70-80% fluctuation, they should probably sell it now and do something else with the money.

S P 8 D E        ♠       THE GAME OF CHANCE. CHANGED.       ♠         READ WHITEPAPER       
    TOKENS        A DECENTRALIZED PLATFORM FOR GAMING DAPPS        ROADMAP   
ANN THREAD       FACEBOOK       TWITTER       TELEGRAM       YOUTUBE       MEDIUM       REDDIT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
EnfoncerQ2

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 05:14:57 PM

You should calm down and cost average whatever you have left.
blade87

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:14:27 PM

I agree with cost averaging. Let's say you invested $3000 into 100 LTC at $30 each. Another $3000 today at $5.50 = an additional 545 LTC. That brings you up to 645 at $6000 and now you're down $9.3. Like I said, significantly! If crypto turns around and starts a new up trend, you'll be looking at significant gains as opposed to looking to break even. But, of course, this doesn't come without the risk of losing everything if crypto dies off completely...
nuff

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:28:50 PM

If you need to know one thing about cryptocurrency, the one with the first mover advantage will always have the highest value. All others that follow can only be based on the first mover. So it's better to just concentrate on the first mover that is Bictoin, which is the one that created the whole new concept of cryptocurrency. Sure you can probably gain a little by dabbling into altcoins provided you know when to offload them at their peak but all altcoins are based on the first mover, Bitcoin
Coinfan

Activity: 653
Merit: 217

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:22:19 AM
Last edit: August 26, 2014, 02:57:34 PM by Coinfan

It seems that the Op invested money he can't afford to lose.

Forget about those that say you didn't lose anything, because you didn't sell the bitcoins. You lost that money. Maybe you can recover it, maybe you will lose more.

Faced with uncertain scenarios, where the price can go up or down, but on a bearish trend, better limit your loses and sell a part of your holdings. Saving them to go back in at a much lower price, if the prices keep going down.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=4975753.0
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 10:39:06 AM

This is the worst advice in this thread.

Average down in the long run rarely make anyone money. It only take one bad event to wipe your entire capital.

TheJohn

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:57:29 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

Hold on to it, don't sell, trade or anything. It might hit $1,000 soon. Just need the right bull run.
Junkbarman

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 07:15:49 PM

This is the worst advice in this thread.

Average down in the long run rarely make anyone money. It only take one bad event to wipe your entire capital.

It's about limiting your losses. Your assumptions are based on the "bad event" that could never happen. If you invest going on the assumption that you're going to have a bad event, then you're doing it wrong.

Besides with all the reset ups and downs that BTCbitcoinBTC has been going through lately, you could have made quite a bit of fiat. It's really not that hard.
Coinfan

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 12:57:39 AM

Someone that averages down is someone that got it wrong once and persists on doing the same thing, only at a lower price. It's someone that is fighting the trend.

Sometimes, it works. But when it goes really wrong, the negative consequences will waste all the small profits or avoided losses you made using this technique.

SCAM ALERT: All order books of The Rock Trading Exchange (www.therocktrading.com) are created by their bot and they use them to scam customers. They are also trying to steal 35519 euros. Read an updated summary on the OP
Hobbes2

Activity: 54

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 03:30:41 AM

somebody must be the person who bought when it was over 1000 $

so, someone became uncredible happy and rich and somebody lost all his money
Marmelaada

Activity: 36

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:06:20 AM

i can give you a secret tip, sell all your bitcoins and buy sexcoin, now is cheap, may be become a milionaire
BTCmaster3

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:15:13 AM

i can give you a secret tip, sell all your bitcoins and buy sexcoin, now is cheap, may be become a milionaire

Please don't listen to him, sexcoin is another pump and dump coin..
Ejaculation

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:38:15 AM

You see, if you just held on like I said, you wouldn't have been so mad at yourself.

Hang on, Bitcoin will never fail you Smiley

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
ASICMINERPRISMA
                       1.4T+ ● 0.70-0.78J/GH ● ONLY 1.39BTC                          Shipping in Oct.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Coinfan

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:51:10 AM
Last edit: August 27, 2014, 05:03:48 AM by Coinfan

I would say that in about 90% of the trades on bitcoin, the seller is selling not because he needs the money, but because he thinks bitcoin is going down.

The same can be said about the buyers: most of them buy not to use bitcoins, but as a mean of investment. In other words, they believe bitcoin is going up.

Therefore, in about 90% of the trades, there is always a sucker and a winner. At least on the short-run, they can't be both right. Even in the long run, the buyer might make money, but he was a sucker on the short-run, if he could bought it cheaper.

Of course, we can be suckers all the time, because we didn't sell on the perfect moment, and still end up rich. It's just a matter to be sucker just on a small degree.

Katarina

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:15:20 AM

Hold your bitcoin until it rise again. It shouldn't be too long..
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:27:47 AM

Is there any way you can purchase more while the price is lower? that way your cost average will be lower, so instead of your average being in the 700's you possibly could get it in the low 600s or lower.. then if you want out, and you can get to your  break even point, you will be okay...

I feel your pain.. But like others have said, you haven't lost anything until you sell. So, dont.. it will recover.
IMZ
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:46:00 AM

The guys who mentioned the fundamentals are on the right track. Print a paper wallet. Dig ditches to cover your interim expenses. Don't sell the Bitcoin.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia
tinof

Activity: 343

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:59:10 AM

The guys who mentioned the fundamentals are on the right track. Print a paper wallet. Dig ditches to cover your interim expenses. Don't sell the Bitcoin.

Mark (IndiaMikeZulu), Australia

The fundamentals are on right track.

How many project have so many people working on the same goal at the same time all over the world? One (bitcoin).

LightningBlade

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:47:20 AM

Hold the bitcoin you already bought and buy more since its cheap now, it also lower your average price Smiley

GreenCoin22

Activity: 547
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 06:43:30 AM

Just sit and wait, man, just sit and wait.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: