Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:45:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: what should I do, I invested a lot  (Read 12455 times)
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:31:14 PM

<snip>

Impros88, look at this users name.  Also, note that the user Chuckee and Falllling are likely the same person.  It would (likely) be the suggestion of many people on this board to use the ignore feature on these trolls.  This feature can be activated by click "ignore" on the left side of the page under their username.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:32:55 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

Spend some more time reading about and thinking about bitcoins fundamentals and how markets behave.  Then decide for yourself whether you want to hold, sell or buy. (personally I think its a good moment for holding or buying).
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:34:19 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here. That's what got you into this situation in the first place. The "buy and hold" is a sales tactic of the early investors so they can cash out their bitcoin slowly overtime without the price crashing.

The "early adopters" don't dump/sell their coins at local bottoms.  They sell on the rises and peaks.  If you took even one minute to look at the number of bitcoin days destroyed and how they correlate with bubbles, it'd be very obvious.

The real question is: what do you have to gain by telling OP to sell?  You're either looking to buy from the weaker hands, or your some neckbeard that's butthurt because you "missed out".
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:34:22 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here. That's what got you into this situation in the first place. The "buy and hold" is a sales tactic of the early investors so they can cash out their bitcoin slowly overtime without the price crashing. Many on here will tell you that since you've held for this long, you might as well stick it out. They'll tell you that we've bottomed out (rpitiela and others) or that "this has all happened before" because they either want to sell to you, or they're also in over their heads and misery enjoys company.

You can choose to stick it out if you like and pray for a rebound, but just keep in mind that there is no goldren rule that we won't continue to drop and nothing is off limits, including $300s, $200s or worse.

''Buy and hold'' is an investment tactic.

CoinDiver

Activity: 778
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:36:28 PM

50 bitcoins on Jan 1 is still 50 bitcoins. Hold.

http://mises.org/daily/3229
BTC:1PEyEKyVZgUvV4moXvCD5rQN21QETGPpLc
Ultros

Activity: 471
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:39:26 PM

Impros88, look at this users name.  Also, note that the user Chuckee and Falllling are likely the same person.  It would (likely) be the suggestion of many people on this board to use the ignore feature on these trolls.  This feature can be activated by click "ignore" on the left side of the page under their username.

Listen to this man. Trolls are terrible on those boards and need to be weakened. Ignore function is a gift, use it like it can save your life.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:40:14 PM

i pray God things are as you say. I hold on so far but now things are getting serious. Months passed and I have only lost money. My idea at the beginning was optimistic, I said, in late 2013 it went down, in 2014 it will, it has to rise again, as usual. But so far, I was wrong.
I can tell you, I invested more than 80% of all I had. If my parents knew that... I would be in serious trouble. Part of it was their present for my 18 years and for my university studies.

As a long time Forex trader who has now converted to a crypto trader let me let you in on a little secret. Please try to understand this, altho the price has lowered you have not physically "LOST" anything until you sell. You still have the amount of money in bitcoin that you bought, just because the price is not where you want it, does not necessarily mean you have lost. On an average you basically paid 770 USD per bitcoin. And yes the price is about 477 as I am writing this, however you have not yet lost anything, if you sell now you will most certainly lose money. As long as you can carry on in finances for a while holding on to them will not hurt you, but selling them now will cost you a lot of money.

The big banks do this very trick in Forex every day, they will sell a pumpload of a currency that they bought at very low prices, scaring the living shit out of people like you in hopes all of you will also sell, what this does is drastically lower the price of the currency giving them the ability to buy a whole lot more at a lot lower price than they were looking at 12 hours ago. The ones who sell, go to sleep angered they lost 200 to 300 dollars per coin/trade but happy they still were able to salvage something. Sometimes you will feel refreshed and wake up and check to see how much lower it went and to your amazement it has jumped up over what you paid for it. In other scenerios and more logical time frames you can watch it and in a day to a week or worst case scenario possibly even a month the price magically pops up where they would have made a HUGE profit.

So to answer your question, if you can afford to hold them it is not going to cost you anything to just keep them, because if you do sell them now you will definitely lose roughly 300+ dollars per coin.

Chuckee

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:40:18 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here. That's what got you into this situation in the first place. The "buy and hold" is a sales tactic of the early investors so they can cash out their bitcoin slowly overtime without the price crashing.

The "early adopters" don't dump/sell their coins at local bottoms.  They sell on the rises and peaks.  If you took even one minute to look at the number of bitcoin days destroyed and how they correlate with bubbles, it'd be very obvious.

The real question is: what do you have to gain by telling OP to sell?  You're either looking to buy from the weaker hands, or your some neckbeard that's butthurt because you "missed out".

As I've said before, my only motivation is to help others see the light. I cut my looses many weeks ago and now I want to help others take the first step forward from the hive mind. I am not advising OP to buy or sell, but I am encouraging him to think clearly and critically about the advice from those on here such as you who are in the same boat as him and likely to give biased advice.
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:47:35 PM

As I've said before, my only motivation is to help others see the light. I cut my looses many weeks ago and now I want to help others take the first step forward from the hive mind. I am not advising OP to buy or sell, but I am encouraging him to think clearly and critically about the advice from those on here such as you who are in the same boat as him and likely to give biased advice.

Except you're not helping anyone by making them realize a loss, if in fact they're holding at a loss.  What's the motivation for making them sell at a local minima other than to lose money?  Are you going to be here for them if they sell right now and tomorrow we're above $520?  Otherwise you literally posted a whole paragraph outlining why you think people here are saying it's a good buying opportunity and we're all idiots and that OP should get out.  Bitcoin is not dead, these swings do happen occasionally, and any look at the historical charts will show that.

The speculation subforum is a vile and ruthless place.  NO ONE should be here looking for advice, because just as you think that people here are talking their book to pump, there are people here talking to dump.
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3425
Merit: 4344

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:48:04 PM

Im new here to for like ~8 months and i can tell you for sure that you need to hold youre coins. Selling now is the dumbest thing you can ever do! Jezus christ man is is really that hard to see Bitcoin long-term?

New technology can take years to be rolled out. You better off listening to Rpitiela and others to be a succesfull Bitcoiner.
GhanaGamboy

Activity: 191
Merit: 100

Dadice Fixed Rate.

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:49:29 PM

is this the end?

Forget about price for a while, how likely is Bitcoin to be less popular and less used next year ? Sell or hold based on this, this is how I doing it
dropt
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:50:10 PM

Im new here to for like ~8 months and i can tell you for sure that you need to hold youre coins. Selling now is the dumbest thing you can ever do! Jezus christ man is is really that hard to see Bitcoin long-term?

New technology can take years to be rolled out. You better off listening to Rpitiela and others to be a succesfull Bitcoiner.

If anyone wants to take the risk of taking advice from people on these forums, they should only do so if the person has an avatar or a registration date pre Sept-2013.  These are the people that have been through a number of these cycles and have seen how this usually plays out.  Advice should certainly not be taken from accounts created in the last five months.
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:50:24 PM

Your looses huh? Fuck you. Welcome to ignore.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Chuckee

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:50:48 PM

Except you're not helping anyone by making them realize a loss, if in fact they're holding at a loss.  What's the motivation for making them sell at a local minima other than to lose money?  Are you going to be here for them if they sell right now and tomorrow we're above $520?  Otherwise you literally posted a whole paragraph outlining why you think people here are saying it's a good buying opportunity and we're all idiots and that OP should get out.  Bitcoin is not dead, these swings do happen occasionally, and any look at the historical charts will show that.

The speculation subforum is a vile and ruthless place.  NO ONE should be here looking for advice, because just as you think that people here are talking their book to pump, there are people here talking to dump.

The above is a bias and wishful thinking on your part. All the way down from the $600s people have been saying that we've reached a new bottom and we're at a great buying opportunity, so I'm not singling you out specifically. You have no idea if this is a "local minima" or not, but the downtrend suggests that we have further to go. One important lesson that many have learned in 2014 is "never fight the tape".
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:54:03 PM

hi, I invested a lot at the beginning of this year thinking bitcoin would have risen again as usual, I bought many btc when it was 830 and some after when it was 660. I waited for the pump but things are getting bad. I am wo4ried. I am 26 yo I am not rich and I invested a lot of my savings. I can live without, ok, but they were my savings. What should I do now? is this the end? Will bitcoin rise again at least until 830?

lol as i see you, you wil nto sell when price will bounce to 830 again, but you will wait another fall latter on Tongue
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 03:54:48 PM

Bitcoin is still software in beta stage and a highly volatile, highly speculative investment.  I'm sorry to hear about your losses after buying in at over $800 and $600.  The losses are only realised when you convert to another currency, but nonetheless the losses are real right now in terms of your spending power.  You've lost value and it's natural you're feeling nervous.  Will the price rise?  Probably, seeing as difficulty keeps marching upwards and bitcoin block rewards will keep halving.  Chances are you'll have a lot of people cheering you on to hold your investment.
cyberpinoy

Activity: 1008
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 03:59:13 PM

Chuckee I apologize now but if you had the brains god gave to a goose you would see how just ignorant what you replied was. makes me wonder what your true intentions are, and seeing your post I clearly see you are just angered because you too made the stupid mistake not long ago of selling at a loss because yu can not understand charts and did not research the bitcoin currency. If you take just a little bit of time and pick a few different exchanges and deeply look at the charts you will see, much like any currency fiat or crypto, they all have bubbles, they all go up and down, they all have a normal area,they all have highs and lows, thats why we trade everyday. the bottom line is currency trading is a 4 billion dollar a day industry, thats right 4 BILLION dollar industry daily, what that means chuckee is 4 billion dollars are made daily trading currencies all over the world.

The advice you gave this poor kid is just wrong, I hope he ignores your stupidity and seks better advice from veterans here who have been thru the losses, who have struggled thru the bubbles or people like me who have been trading all forms of currencies for years.

trading is most certainly full of risks, and when you click the mouse you are making a gamble, but to foldwhen your holding 4 aces is just stupid in my opinion.

Can I guarantee this kid Bitcoins is going to hit the mark he needs it to hit in the exact timeframe he hopes it to, no none of us can, but I can say if you just look around this forum the proof is in the posts so far you and your cousin failling are the only two ney sayers that stand out, with a community who has this many people with somany positive thoughts you can not deny the proof in their experiences.

MichaelBliss

Activity: 526
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:02:19 PM

Life is chance and risk and you can't really predict anything etc.  But there's a book "How We Decide" http://www.amazon.com/How-We-Decide-Jonah-Lehrer/dp/0547247990, that explores the subject of decision making (what your doing) and they use the stock market as an example.  I think it applies perfectly.  In a nutshell (from memory) the conclusion is to NEVER make stock market decisions with "your gut" or involving emotion.  This is the time to be rational and cold.

Bitcoin certainly looks like it has a bright future ahead of it.  The price will go much higher with greater adoption.  It's an experiment that's risky, but look around you - everything is risky that was once considered safe!  

Best advice I ever read was to buy it, save your paper wallet / password somewhere safe, and forget about it for 2 years.  Stop looking at the price, and look at the important things like merchant adoption etc.

Chuckee

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:03:56 PM

Your looses huh? Fuck you. Welcome to ignore.

A shining example of the critical thinking skills of the bulltards on this forum. "You disagree with my investment strategy? Fuck you, man!!1"
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 04:06:31 PM

First of all, don't listen to the idiots on here.

yeah great advice from one of them.

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: