Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:44:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: dice.ninja - Now with Plinko!  (Read 84629 times)
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 05:50:55 AM

Maybe it's time to stop trusting these newer dice sites? After DiceBitco.in, you would think people would be more careful.

Watch another one pop up in a couple of weeks and everyone invest once again and get burned.

Just-Dice is gone, I really doubt we are going to see another trusted dice site that allows you to invest. Stick with primedice if you're gambling, they've been around for quite some time now and haven't had any major problems.

Honestly I think PRC is ok

I have nothing against PRC but this is not the time or the place Tongue

O yes back to talking about rolling dice or investing profits!

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
shark255

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 07:50:33 AM

- site not responds
- deleted twitter
- deleted gmail

--> another SCAM
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:25:22 AM

So sad. I was thinking about investing, but after the Everydice and Dicebitcoin fiascos I've become so wary of this kind of sites that I fortunately didn't pull the trigger.

If you are a dishonest person and don't worry about being persecuted by the law or the scammed customers, it makes sense to run with the money if you can get a bigger return elsewhere than running the site. For example, if the site was giving a 30% yearly return to investors, that means only 3% for the site (if their cut was 10% of investors' return, like at Just Dice), minus their costs.

If they were also investors, then their expected return was higher, so I suppose they weren't investing much.
CarlesPuyol
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:33:39 AM

The site is not working - Is it a scam?
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:36:24 AM

The site is not working - Is it a scam?

It seems so, read the last replies of this thread.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 08:45:01 AM

If they were also investors, then their expected return was higher, so I suppose they weren't investing much.

Unfortunately your return from stealing the bankroll is pretty much always going to be higher than your expected return from running an honest site.

That's why I put off developing Just-Dice for a year, and only eventually did it to see what happened, rather than expecting anyone to really use it.

I wish now I hadn't come up with the idea, if all it has done is created yet another way for greedy assholes to scam people.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
a1choi

Activity: 323
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 09:40:52 AM
Merited by suchmoon (4)

I wish now I hadn't come up with the idea, if all it has done is created yet another way for greedy assholes to scam people.

you definitely can't think like that.  if you didn't do it, someone else would have.  also, you're not responsible for the acts for the few (dishonest operators) and the acts of the many (scammed customers that maybe didn't do as much research as they should have).  of course there are innocents that are scammed as well.

but greedy assholes will continue to scam people whether you come up with the idea or not.

If you are a dishonest person and don't worry about being persecuted by the law or the scammed customers, it makes sense to run with the money if you can get a bigger return elsewhere than running the site. For example, if the site was giving a 30% yearly return to investors, that means only 3% for the site (if their cut was 10% of investors' return, like at Just Dice), minus their costs.

this is not the way to think about their returns, as the Bankroll isnt actually owned by the house.  The house is actually getting 3% of the entire house profits (which could be magnitudes higher than the houses own bankroll, which really means that 3% is in fact a 9000% return).  it all depends on the initial bankroll of the house.

The TROUBLE comes in when operators begin to think that the bankroll is theirs. Thats when it goes to shit and they start seeing their profits as 3% returns compared to everyone else's 30% which then they just steal the bankroll out of spite.
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 10:19:30 AM

This is unacceptable..

Your site did 300+ profit last day, it means you earn 30+btc only in a week. How can a people be greedy so much..?

I will never understand. Also I'm sorry for investors.

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1248

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 10:22:03 AM

This is unacceptable..

Your site did 300+ profit last day, it means you earn 30+btc only in a week. How can a people be greedy so much..?

I will never understand. Also I'm sorry for investors.

Maybe it was fake gambling to try to get the last little PR out of the site to close her up.

Still hope they come back.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
IamNotSure

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:00:03 AM

That was fast !

IamNotSure

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:01:23 AM

Unfortunately your return from stealing the bankroll is pretty much always going to be higher than your expected return from running an honest site.

That's why I put off developing Just-Dice for a year, and only eventually did it to see what happened, rather than expecting anyone to really use it.

Maybe the best way to avoid scams is to reopen. At least you're the most trusted dice owner around.
Jungian
Legendary

Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:06:50 AM

TO4D

Last Active:   Today at 10:48:49 AM

Checking in to see how his victims feel. Good lad.

I think Monero (XMR) is very interesting.
https://moneroeconomy.com/faq/why-monero-matters
RoooooR
Legendary

Activity: 1008

GigTricks.io | A CRYPTO ECOSYSTEM FOR ON-DEMAND EC

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:20:33 AM
Last edit: October 10, 2014, 12:32:37 PM by RoooooR

Anybody will dox @TOAD an @DMF(if he is real) ?

█ █ █ █ █
         ██           ██
       ██     █ █ █ █   ██
     ██    ██        ██
   ██   ██               
  ██   ██     ████████                  ██████████
            ███          ██   █████████     ██      ██████  ██   ███████  ██    ███   ███████
 ██   ██    ███              ██      ███    ██      ██          ███       ██   ███  ██
 ██   ██    ███  ██████  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ███   ██
            ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██████     ███████
 ██   ██    ███      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██  ██           ██
             ██      ██  ██  ██      ███    ██      ██      ██  ███       ██   ███         ██
 ██   ██      ███████    ██   █████████     ██      ██      ██   ███████  ██    ███  ███████
  ██   ██                           ███
   ██    ██          ██            ███
     ██    ██ █ █ █ █   ██
       ██             ██
          █ █ █ █ █ █

Telegram     Facebook     Twitter     Medium
-------------------------------------------------------------------
.WEBSITE. |█| .WHITEPAPER.

......BOUNTY......
-----------------------------------
..ANN THREAD..
yhomega

Activity: 152

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:26:17 AM

http://bitcoinbountyhunter.com/ Wanna try something like that?!
IamNotSure

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 11:52:31 AM

TO4D

His victims feel very bad... what does he expect ?
BJay87

Activity: 126

*Bitcoin Betting*

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:18:31 PM

TO4D

His victims feel very bad... what does he expect ?

I just dont want to see anyone getting sad about this.

asuryan180

Activity: 868

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:24:24 PM

And this is why i dont use more than  0.10 on any gambling site

wayshegoes

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

I lost the liqour money boys...

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:36:55 PM

Let me guess, the developers are anonymous?
waterpile

Activity: 602

View Profile
October 10, 2014, 01:39:48 PM

Let me guess, the developers are anonymous?

yes, i think there is no information or whatsoever.
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2014, 02:33:54 PM

Don't blame yourself, I think you're an honest guy who was and still is helping out the community. The problem is that there are a lot of bad actors in the community as well taking advantage of people. There are those of us who are still trying to run honest sites, so when things like this happen, it harms everyone. Players become wary and don't want to make deposits, owners have a hard time getting investors, and everyone suffers. That being said, I think the best we can hope for is to keep moving forward and eventually it will become more difficult for the scammers to take advantage.

In reading what was happening, I thought maybe they just got shutdown by Amazon, but it looks like with the wallet activity, they likely made a break for it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: