Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:27:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vod account trolled! :(  (Read 2836 times)
vod2 (OP)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:14:06 AM
Last edit: August 20, 2014, 06:37:52 AM by vod2

Hi guys,

Vod (Martin Lawrence) here. I'm very sad to say this but my account here has been hacked. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm locked out of my email accounts too and my hot wallet appears to have been deleted off my computer, I'll have to check my backups to see if the funds have moved. I suspect my computer has been infected with malware. I'm still looking into it though and it'll take some time to figure it out, but in the meantime:

DO NOT TRADE WITH MY ACCOUNT!

If my account seeks a loan, DO NOT FUND IT. IT IS NOT ME.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=30747

Can someone neg rep my account until I get everything sorted? I'll PM theymos the info he needs soon, but I need to figure out how this happened first.

For the record, this was the last post I made:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=740207.msg8425563#msg8425563

Thanks guys.  Cry I'll be back soon, don't worry.

Here is a signed message to verify ownership:

-----BEGIN BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----
My account Vod has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to mlawrencetemp@shaw.ca. The current date is 08/20/2014.
-----BEGIN SIGNATURE-----
1JfrNcJvsDgi8o7ny4yNZc3nvpxzBKpRR4
HKX+4ZwFk99gU+UkD4P3cub8m1oRw3AvFLiJ4xm09AYfPdVMJEkLlJHUm547pGHVYztqX1YPfnaVK9yiuicUbKM=
-----END BITCOIN SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Here is where I posted that bitcoin address:

Thanks for doing this giveaway, please send to:
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3076

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:15:11 AM

Hi guys,

Vod (Martin Lawrence) here. I'm very sad to say this but my account here has been hacked. I'm not sure how it happened, but I'm locked out of my email accounts too and my hot wallet appears to have been deleted off my computer, I'll have to check my backups to see if the funds have moved. I suspect my computer has been infected with malware. I'm still looking into it though and it'll take some time to figure it out, but in the meantime:

Can someone neg rep my account until I get everything sorted? I'll PM theymos the info he needs soon, but I need to figure out how this happened first.

Thanks guys.  Cry I'll be back soon, don't worry.

I haven't gone anywhere.  Idiot.   Undecided

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:19:18 AM

Interesting! Sorry to hear that. Maybe there are repercussions to being a scammer attacker. You probably pissed off one too many scammers and this one had talent.

Well this is a quandary. Which one is the real vod?

vod2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:20:23 AM

That isn't me posting! that is the hacker posting.

I'll verify everything with theymos now.

DO NOT TRADE WITH MY ACCOUNT.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:23:02 AM

If you are really a hacker and not vod then delete a couple hundred of his posts to prove it.

CanaryInTheMine
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060

between a rock and a block!

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:26:35 AM

You got it!!
ABitNut

Activity: 764
Merit: 500

I'm a cynic, I'm a quaint

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:27:42 AM

Obvious attempt by vod2 (most likely a sockpuppet of someone in the vod fanclub  Wink ) to discredit the vod account.

Clever idea. Poor execution.

Let me get out the popcorn.
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:29:59 AM

Very likely Vod2 is fake.

You got it!!

I wouldn't.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
vod2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:32:23 AM

Obvious attempt by vod2 (most likely a sockpuppet of someone in the vod fanclub  Wink ) to discredit the vod account.

Clever idea. Poor execution.

Let me get out the popcorn.

I wish it was that but sadly it's not. My account has indeed been hacked, this is not an attempt to discredit anyone but a warning to prevent the hacker from scamming people with my account. Hopefully theymos will give me back access to my account soon.

BadBear can you help me regain access to my account?
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:32:58 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks guys.  Cry I'll be back soon, don't worry.

this sounds like that childish guy who kept swinging at you in the off-topic thread.. forgot his username. this sure sounds like something he'd do  Cheesy
vod2 (OP)

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:38:23 AM

I just posted a signed message. Hopefully theymos will see this thread soon. I sent him a PM too.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:40:39 AM

Lol which one is the real vod?? I'm guessing its that guy that keeps accusing you of scams, evershawn, thats his name. I hope that the real vod gets his account back, or this vod2 (who I believe is the real vod) guy gets banned for accusing vod of being hacked.

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 04:41:03 AM

Very likely Vod2 is fake.

You got it!!

I wouldn't.

I don't think so. I think he was attacked. I've been watching his work for a long time and have kind of been waiting for this to happen.

Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:47:54 AM

My account Vod has been hacked/lost. Please reset the email to mlawrencetemp@shaw.ca. The current date is 08/20/2014.
HC8STS4vAxujxxYY4UrZo92TGdZ+pr92TI0xBnPr3yGkHFKADyUHTzgViixBk6b2JdzQmJgn7F09OqF7rWFjMBw=

Message verification failed. Besides, you've forgotten to identify the unedited post/pm in which you've posted that address as yours, so the signed message is currently useless in proving your identity.

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:51:31 AM

Lol which one is the real vod?? I'm guessing its that guy that keeps accusing you of scams, evershawn, thats his name. I hope that the real vod gets his account back, or this vod2 (who I believe is the real vod) guy gets banned for accusing vod of being hacked.

I don't think this is evershawn (Shawn Niderost), but it could be.

I believe it's the same idiot from this thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=742484.0

My account has not been hacked.  Don't be so gullible guys.   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:51:59 AM

HC8STS4vAxujxxYY4UrZo92TGdZ+pr92TI0xBnPr3yGkHFKADyUHTzgViixBk6b2JdzQmJgn7F09OqF7rWFjMBw=

Message verification failed. Besides, you've forgotten to identify the unedited post/pm in which you've posted that address as yours, so the signed message is currently useless in proving your identity.
Its ALWAYS good to actually check these signatures, most people just assume "oh yea this looks legit is a signature its hard to fake right?" and they don't verify it. I really recommend that people actually check the signed messages.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
williamj2543

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:53:47 AM

Hey vod, if your legit add me on facebook, I sent you a request at facebook.com/mlawrence if he adds me and says that he wasn't hacked then I will tell you guys.

→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
Vod
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:58:07 AM

Hey vod, if your legit add me on facebook, I sent you a request at facebook.com/mlawrence if he adds me and says that he wasn't hacked then I will tell you guys.

Shouldn't the burden be on the attacker to prove I am a hacker?  Not on me to defend myself?   Roll Eyes

Anyway, FB message sent.

Dare

Activity: 508

Techwolf on #bitcoin and Reddit

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 04:59:06 AM

Its ALWAYS good to actually check these signatures, most people just assume "oh yea this looks legit is a signature its hard to fake right?" and they don't verify it. I really recommend that people actually check the signed messages.

Exactly; trust, but verify. Copying and pasting the message into bitcoin-qt or one of the many web services takes seconds, and could save you a considerable amount of money and/or hardship depending on the circumstances of the message. When verification is so easy, why take the risk?

BTC: 1M8oUcBnkRDEhWWgV8ZXLTB6p1mgnejVbX
How Forum Activity Works
Bitcointalk Forum Rules
|
|
|
Firstbits (lucky vanitygen): 1WoLfRUGDx1
How Forum Trust Works
Bitcoin Source Code
snappa4ever

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 20, 2014, 05:00:56 AM

Shouldn't the burden be on the attacker to prove I am a hacker?  Not on me to defend myself?   Roll Eyes

Anyway, FB message sent.
I think it would be more accurate/secure if you were to post a signed message with yesterday's date (or another date in the past) that says something along the lines that vod2 is a moron.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████