Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 09:27:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you want the Mining Profit share program?
Yes - 15 (88.2%)
No - 2 (11.8%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][TRDR] Trader Coin - Decentralized - Profit Share program First payout 9/10  (Read 56157 times)
tom14cat14 (OP)

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:35:22 PM

Hopes this coin will be a good coin.

It will depend on the community. I really am trying to hold the line and not do normal developer things of trying to provide bounties for the coin. I want it to be based on the community. If I start paying for things other then the initial things for a basic launch I will have ruined it from being decentralized.

If anyone has something they want to add to this coin for the betterment of the community please do. I am really trying to  make this coin open for the community.
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 03:40:20 PM

I just wanted to throw it out there. There will be your standard basic wallets at launch. If anyone wants to make fancy wallets for the community please do. This is meant to be each other helping each other out. If this goes well I will probably bring other features from other coins I work on if the community wants them. But I would be bringing them as a community member not as developer.
JakeThePanda

Activity: 644

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:02:51 PM

I don't understand this project.  There are many coins out there that work, have exchanges to trade on and have devs that abandoned them.  That's basically what you are making, right?  Huh

This is an experiment on how the community will except a true decentralized coin. I am being up front I am not paying bounties I did not do a huge premine hopefully it will cover the initial cost for the coin. Most crypto enthusiasts claim they want a decentralized currency but yet they go crazy if they do not have a developer holding their hand making the coin better. All we have done in most of these coins is replace central bankers with coin developers. So I want to see how will this be accepted when I am being straight forward with the community that it is up to them to make the coin what they want. Make this coin the ultimate decentralized coin.

This coin will succeed because of the community or fail because of the community. Not because of the developer. No one can claim coin is dead because the developer is gone because this coin doesn't revolve around a developer.

It's not that we want developers holding our hand, it's that we need a reason to hold the coin or else we might as well hold BTC.  The developer gives a reason to hold the alt-coin because of innovative implementation that other coins don't have.  Of course we want decentralization once the development of a coin is finished.
Bumberchute

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:04:14 PM

It's great to see a new coin made by tom14cat14! Good job man, I won't mine it because I don't mine scrypt (not worth it with GPU anymore), but for those with ASICs and such it will be awesome! I'll be watching this one and may trade for some in the future.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:15:43 PM

I don't understand this project.  There are many coins out there that work, have exchanges to trade on and have devs that abandoned them.  That's basically what you are making, right?  Huh

This is an experiment on how the community will except a true decentralized coin. I am being up front I am not paying bounties I did not do a huge premine hopefully it will cover the initial cost for the coin. Most crypto enthusiasts claim they want a decentralized currency but yet they go crazy if they do not have a developer holding their hand making the coin better. All we have done in most of these coins is replace central bankers with coin developers. So I want to see how will this be accepted when I am being straight forward with the community that it is up to them to make the coin what they want. Make this coin the ultimate decentralized coin.

This coin will succeed because of the community or fail because of the community. Not because of the developer. No one can claim coin is dead because the developer is gone because this coin doesn't revolve around a developer.

It's not that we want developers holding our hand, it's that we need a reason to hold the coin or else we might as well hold BTC.  The developer gives a reason to hold the alt-coin because of innovative implementation that other coins don't have.  Of course we want decentralization once the development of a coin is finished.

Here's an example.  Revocoin was a scam coin that was abandoned by the developer.  It has a working blockchain, a wallet and it still trades on an exchange (Bittrex).  If you want a decentralized coin then just trade RVC or a hundred others just like it.  

Why take a pre-mine at all?  If it's such an interesting project to you then just do it for nothing.
Bumberchute

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:28:12 PM

Here's an example.  Revocoin was a scam coin that was abandoned by the developer.  It has a working blockchain, a wallet and it still trades on an exchange (Bittrex).  If you want a decentralized coin then just trade RVC or a hundred others just like it.  

Why take a pre-mine at all?  If it's such an interesting project to you then just do it for nothing.

I agree that it's important to add some value to a coin with more than just words. In this case the value I see is in the coin dev. This is not a guy who would abandon his own project and he is well known and respected in cryptoland. It would be even better if he would add some unique feature to the coin, and I think he probably would if he was a programmer, but tom seems open to change proposed by the community, which is a really good thing.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:30:07 PM

Why take a pre-mine at all?  If it's such an interesting project to you then just do it for nothing.

I agree that it's important to add some value to a coin with more than just words. In this case the value I see is in the coin dev. This is not a guy who would abandon his own project and he is well known and respected in cryptoland. It would be even better if he would add some unique feature to the coin, and I think he probably would if he was a programmer, but tom seems open to change proposed by the community, which is a really good thing.

Are you not understanding what this project is about?  He will intentionally abandon the project as an experiment.  There are already hundreds of coins that are decentralized in the exact way the OP describes.  All he's doing is using his "good name" to make another shit coin with a pre-mine, no matter how small it is.
unlock.mk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

updated...

Bumberchute

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 04:45:25 PM

Why take a pre-mine at all?  If it's such an interesting project to you then just do it for nothing.

Are you not understanding what this project is about?  He will intentionally abandon the project as an experiment.  There are already hundreds of coins that are decentralized in the exact way the OP describes.  All he's doing is using his "good name" to make another shit coin with a pre-mine, no matter how small it is.

Abandoning a project means not updating it at all. He will certainly update it as long as others write the code. This is the role of a project manager who isn't a programmer. It's not at all like abandoning.
Bitcoin-Mafia

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:03:56 PM

So you would happily work at your job for free then, I take it?

It never ceases to amaze me. People are flocking to crypto to make money, yet they get pissy at the
mere mention that the coin developers, on whose backs they are making profit, should somehow get
compensated for their work.

Go work a couple of months at your job for free and then come back and complain about how devs
should be willing to do this for nothing if it means so much to them.
Bitcoin-Mafia

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:15:31 PM

My little contribution - just in case you want something a little less traditional than a literal coin design:

https://i.imgur.com/eFkst6u.png
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:16:22 PM

updated...

Thank you.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:18:38 PM

It never ceases to amaze me. People are flocking to crypto to make money, yet they get pissy at the
mere mention that the coin developers, on whose backs they are making profit, should somehow get

Go work a couple of months at your job for free and then come back and complain about how devs

I could not have said it better. I tried to make it small with the chance of still paying for things for the launch. My guess is I will lose money and not profit like many think I will.
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:22:06 PM

I put in free hours at my job all the time and I also make very generous donations to the coins I'm involved in so STFU when you don't know what you are talking about.  BUT, what development you idiot?  He already said he isn't going to develop the coin.  I'm all for pre-mines for developers that plan on working. Dan Metcalf deserves every coin he premined for XC.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

I fully respect your opinion on this topic. The way I see it this could be a tough coin for the community as a whole to swallow because it does not offer that great Pump and dump to get rich quick. Everyone knows going into this launch that the coin will not have a planned course that it will follow. No white paper no road map. If you want to add to it do it for the improvement of the community. If others adopt this coin I will add things as a community member too. However as of right now there are no plans other then a crypto coin with a clean slate.

And to address your question about taking over one of those dead coins, I did. And this is why I want to see where this coin goes. I took over Firecoin after the original developer dumped the premine about a week or 2 into the coin and then left. So no way to update code with out forking the source. I stepped in because I was sick of seeing developers just leave coins with no hope. Well I have run that coin for a month now and I can barely get anybody to look at the coin. So I want to see if we take a coin from the beginning with basically having it be a community takeover from the launch will it do better? The only difference is I am going to be here to make sure the coin runs.
Bitcoin-Mafia

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2014, 05:42:41 PM

I put in free hours at my job all the time and I also make very generous donations to the coins I'm involved in so STFU when you don't know what you are talking about.  BUT, what development you idiot?  He already said he isn't going to develop the coin.  I'm all for pre-mines for developers that plan on working. Dan Metcalf deserves every coin he premined for XC.

As do I. I still wouldn't begrudge a coin's dev team (including essential non-developers) compensation
for their time and effort, though.

Innovation and pushing the envelope are great - and necessary to advance crypto currency. I love
reading about and test driving the new features coming out with some of these newer altcoins. Still,
there is something to be said for old school simplicity. A solid, simple coin that works as promised,
with a dev team that won't bail, still has value - even if it can't transact anonymously, send messages,
or wash my car.
tom14cat14 (OP)

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:52:30 PM

As do I. I still wouldn't begrudge a coin's dev team (including essential non-developers) compensation

Innovation and pushing the envelope are great - and necessary to advance crypto currency. I love
reading about and test driving the new features coming out with some of these newer altcoins. Still,
there is something to be said for old school simplicity. A solid, simple coin that works as promised,
with a dev team that won't bail, still has value - even if it can't transact anonymously, send messages,
or wash my car.

I always use or scratch your butt.  Grin That way I can use the family guy video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRc5zgCXwZc
chipmadness

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 05:57:02 PM

Trader Coin added . PRE Reg open

http://gc-pool.ddns.net/trader/public/

Pre-Registered! Thank you! Cannot wait for launch day!

CryptoThrone - http://cryptothrone.com - The Highest Rank in Crypto News! Visit us for the latest Bitcoin news, conference news, the newest and best alt-coins getting released, mining hardware news, mining theories, and everything else related to crypto-currency! Looking for a web developer? Let me design you a responsive, elegant, and modern site today!
JakeThePanda

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:04:00 PM

or wash my car.

A premine isn't needed for a simple coin with no further development.  Sorry, but devs push out coins all the time with no premine, instamine, or IPO.  Remember?
beiliber

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2014, 06:08:08 PM

Wallet source code please?

██████████  ✔  PoSToken - First PoS Smart Contract Token - Get Your Free Tokens Now!
█     PoSToken    █  ✔  Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO  ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
██████████  ✔  ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: