Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 08:59:52 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ☷ [ANN] ☷ [MODERATED] ☷ CLSTR ☷ ClusterCoin ☷ the Future of Money ☷  (Read 33227 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:01:35 PM

I would like to comment on the whole situation regarding scam accusations.

The plan was to offer 7m coins and let the market decide how much coins will be bought. However, some people have demanded to abolish this approach and limit the supply by destroying coins. 3.5m coins were destroyed shortly after. 14 hours before the ICO end we have asked Bittrex to destroy additional 1.5m coins as we were concerned about the potential last minute hype. However, this was not coordinated properly and the coins were not destroyed. To our surprise, last minute hype happened and the ICO was sold out. This is not necessarily bad, however it created a situation that many investors bought into the ICO hoping for the price to rise immediately after which didn’t happen.

We would like to remind everyone that the ICO was about selling a stake in our ClusterCoin idea, which we still have to develop. It was not about making a quick buck for ICO investors and we are thankful to those that believe in the idea. We are committed to realize our plan but it needs time and the things cannot be done in 1 or 2 days as some of you are demanding. Moreover, the current scam accusations are making it harder to focus on the development as a lot of time is devoted to read and clean the mess that is going on. Please, let us develop the coin and put aside groundless accusations. It is not easy to deliver a plan we have set forth and by no means is it a sure thing. However, the current situation is making it much more difficult If you have invested in the coin because you like the idea please be patient, we will release updates as they become available. Any posts that are not development related will be moderated.

Thank you for your understanding.
This is not a direct insult but take it as you want. Here's the problem:

"Knowing about recent frauds, we decided to make this coin as transparent as possible and instead of posting Source Code at the last moment before the launch - we decided to use our proprietary launch scheme. We are launching coin with premine in 1st block, and 0 block rewards during the ICO stage. You will have a whole ICO period to inspect the source code and make reasonable decisions about your investments.  

https://github.com/ClusterCoin/ClusterCoin"

As looked up by ocminer thats just a copy clone code with nothing new added. So what was the plan there?

No changes occurred in last 8 days. While there was been a lot of "spam" there should be some progress right?

I have posted twice and thrice asking you the reason for wanting funding for a coin which doesn't even has a PoC. There hasn't been none. Do you really think people should pay 350 BTC for an "idea?"

Lastly, I have asked and been +4 supported that you post a video of your MATLAB simulation. You have ignored that post too. So while we get development is difficult but this kind of things are sketchy.

Yes, it is no secret that we didn't implement any of the features that we are planning to do. For now the code is still a fork of bitcoin. We are open about this and before the ICO we have posted the approximate timeline. We will not deliver any significant updates in the following few days.
No you werent clear, the whole "we post our code here" was to gain people's trust. While people were aware of the coin being "in development", whats unexpected is the fact the code you posted is the vanilla code with no branches or public activity.

Again, it is not a big deal if you can share a video of your Matlab simulation/WIP.

I think the whole "here is our code, look over it" thing was so that people could check for themselves that there was no hidden premine or something along those lines. It was clear, looking at the dev timeline, that the features were not going to be implemented at the beginning.
stormia

Activity: 868

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 06:21:38 PM

I think the whole "here is our code, look over it" thing was so that people could check for themselves that there was no hidden premine or something along those lines. It was clear, looking at the dev timeline, that the features were not going to be implemented at the beginning.
I don't think anyone is calling into question the development timeline.  But it certainly seems despite what the dev may claim that he's using a purchased user account, the lack of any sort of communication just screams scam.  The technical jargon responses is mumbo jumbo intended to fool the non-technical folks.

This whole thing if it was legit would be handled in an entirely different manner.  I don't have much faith in the PoD stuff, who's to say they don't just buy some id online or use the fake name generator site.  Instead of PoD, lets see some proof of activity, some proof of commitment, anything... videos, some more detailed posts on the project plan.  The dev doesn't even sound all that excited about their great IPO etc.

I really hope this is "real" and not a scam, but unfortunately all evidence points to the contrary at this point.  I was a believer up until I pulled their off the shelf code to put a daemon up on my pool to mine it, and compiled the Qt wallet on Linux.  These guys can't even build a basic wallet that works right cross-platform.

You very well could be right. But at this point, the only way the price will rebound and ICO investors will get their money back is if the coin ends up not being a scam, the project moves forward, and the promised developments are achieved. It is all or nothing at this point, either it is a scam or it is not. Continuously speculating about how it might be a scam does not change anything, if anything it just makes things worse because if it is not a scam and people are falsely implying that it is then they are making it much harder for new people to become interested in the coin..
ZacharyComstock

Activity: 210
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2014, 06:24:18 PM

I don't think anyone is calling into question the development timeline.  But it certainly seems despite what the dev may claim that he's using a purchased user account, the lack of any sort of communication just screams scam.  The technical jargon responses is mumbo jumbo intended to fool the non-technical folks.

This whole thing if it was legit would be handled in an entirely different manner.  I don't have much faith in the PoD stuff, who's to say they don't just buy some id online or use the fake name generator site.  Instead of PoD, lets see some proof of activity, some proof of commitment, anything... videos, some more detailed posts on the project plan.  The dev doesn't even sound all that excited about their great IPO etc.

I really hope this is "real" and not a scam, but unfortunately all evidence points to the contrary at this point.  I was a believer up until I pulled their off the shelf code to put a daemon up on my pool to mine it, and compiled the Qt wallet on Linux.  These guys can't even build a basic wallet that works right cross-platform.

You very well could be right. But at this point, the only way the price will rebound and ICO investors will get their money back is if the coin ends up not being a scam, the project moves forward, and the promised developments are achieved. It is all or nothing at this point, either it is a scam or it is not. Continuously speculating about how it might be a scam does not change anything, if anything it just makes things worse because if it is not a scam and people are falsely implying that it is then they are making it much harder for new people to become interested in the coin..

My god, am I sleeping? There is a sensible man here! I can not believe my very own eyes, can I shake your hand please?

owlcatz
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1968

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:00:36 PM

most of us paid 10k and its now 2600.

ouch. so... what's the point again?

I  C  Λ  R  U  S
██████████
██████▀▀▀██
████▀█████▀█
██████████
██████████
█████████████
░▄████
█████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
████████░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████▄▄▄████████
███████████████████
█████████████████▀
░░░██
▄▄▄█
█████
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░██
░░░
░░░
░░░
▄██████
█▌░▐██
███████▀
█████████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
████▀▀▀▀████▀▀█████
██
██░░▄▄░░██░░░█████
██
███▄▄██░░███░░█████
██
███▀▀▀▀░░▀██░░█████
██
██░░░░▄▄▄▄█▀░░▀████
██
██░░░░░░░░█░▀▀░████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
██
███████████████████
█████████████████████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██

██
████
████
██

██
████
[/ce
silverduck

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:03:22 PM

anyone selling now is just losing btc, if bittrex refund they refund at 10k, when pod and all that shit is done price will go up, so just stupid to sell now
xaznarrac

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 07:47:45 PM

Why would anyone buy into ICOs if there are always problems that arise?

Stupid people I guess.

Cryptocurrencyboard.com Dedicated to helping cryptocurrency newcomers.
PondSea
Legendary

Activity: 1428

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:09:45 PM

My god, am I sleeping? There is a sensible man here! I can not believe my very own eyes, can I shake your hand please?

Couldnt agree more with this. It is what it is. I am going to rise it out.

░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
..BarterDEX..
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DECENTRALIZED CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE
Developed to Unite Coin Communities | ✔ SECURE ✔ FREE ✔ VISIBILITY ✔ EASY INTEGRATION |

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

frohlocke

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:19:30 PM

Market frozen pending PoD, all open orders have been cancelled.
sdersdf2

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:21:53 PM

Looks like we're approaching the beginning of the end of the era of anonymous newbie devs.
Epimetheus
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:35:34 PM

• Dev does not get POD? Refund = 10k.

• Dev does get POD? Price rises in time = 10k will hit for sure.

Why did you guys sell at 2k? Fckng retarded if you ask me.
frohlocke

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:41:11 PM

Let hope for the best!
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 08:59:39 PM

Is this real?
tazmania

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:01:43 PM

Who ever was buying is gonna be rich soon when they sell at 10k.

ancientcoins
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1003

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:02:04 PM

Is this real?

when will we get pod. it may go up but how long though.

A revolutionary decentralized digital economy 
`Join us:██`Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  Github`
.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
mothermole1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:06:43 PM

Is this real?

Ages probably
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:12:14 PM

Is this real?

Ages probably

i doubt it, we will get in hours. i read that bittrex said the coin is not a scam but their idea will not work. if they think the idea will not work coins should be refunded. it can be taken as misleading investment. i could make a idea take the money and say no it will not work

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
mothermole1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:16:21 PM

Is this real?

Ages probably

i doubt it, we will get in hours. i read that bittrex said the coin is not a scam but their idea will not work. if they think the idea will not work coins should be refunded. it can be taken as misleading investment. i could make a idea take the money and say no it will not work

Where exactly did they say that? Just curious lol.
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:18:55 PM

Is this real?

Ages probably

Where exactly did they say that? Just curious lol.

it was on the bittrex chat taken from IRC

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
mothermole1

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:23:03 PM

Lol if it's actually true that they said that. I still don't think it's enough for a refund. The onus was on the investors to research the probability of the tech working before we invested.
If the market re-opens with PoD, I still don't believe that the price will rebound. People are tired of this coin and lack of meaningful developments.
ancientcoins
Legendary

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
August 24, 2014, 09:30:09 PM

Lol if it's actually true that they said that. I still don't think it's enough for a refund. The onus was on the investors to research the probability of the tech working before we invested.
If the market re-opens with PoD, I still don't believe that the price will rebound. People are tired of this coin and lack of meaningful developments.

if the tech won't work we were misleaded. or bittrex can do ipo again to see who wants in and who wants out

.ATHERO
.Internet 3.0 solution
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »
  Print  

Jump to: