Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 10:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [UNMODERATED] CLUSTERCOIN Topic [OPEN DISCUSSION]  (Read 7379 times)
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

It is their job to give the "crook" our BTC, like it or not.

This is what we asked Bittrex to do. Plain and simple

It's black and white. No gray area here. Either the clusterfuck followed the terms or he didn't.

All the rest is just bullshit. Plain and simple. I would get my 2 BTC back if Bittrex did the WRONG thing.

But I don't think they will, they are the escrow and they are going to do their job as such. This is what we want them to do.

What don't people get about that? I guess when people stand to lose money they will convince themselves of anything. LOL

It's nice that you'd like to eliminate the gray area here, but just because you say there isn't one doesn't make it so. 

Sorry about that.

Im not getting rid of the gray area, there isn't one. It black and white, 3 checkboxes, are there checks in each box?

Hey, I'm pissed to but there is nothing Bittrex can do if you ask me. Tell me something that makes sense, and Im behind you.

I don't want to lose my BTC either

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
ocminer (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
August 25, 2014, 09:38:30 PM

It's black and white. No gray area here. Either the clusterfuck followed the terms or he didn't.

All the rest is just bullshit. Plain and simple. I would get my 2 BTC back if Bittrex did the WRONG thing.

But I don't think they will, they are the escrow and they are going to do their job as such. This is what we want them to do.

What don't people get about that? I guess when people stand to lose money they will convince themselves of anything. LOL

Yeah well but its obvious that the scammers are using Bittrex reputation to make money from.. many wouldn't have invested if the IPO was on c-cex or <insertyourscamexhere>...

I totally agree, but isnt' that because we all know they are going to follow the terms of the agreement?

The terms should have had something about the coin operating as they said it would.

Not just a blockchain, wallet, etc.

That is what sucks here

+1 ... yup...

you literally buy hot air...

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:40:32 PM

It's nice that you'd like to eliminate the gray area here, but just because you say there isn't one doesn't make it so. 

Sorry about that.

Im not getting rid of the gray area, there isn't one. It black and white, 3 checkboxes, are there checks in each box?

Hey, I'm pissed to but there is nothing Bittrex can do if you ask me. Tell me something that makes sense, and Im behind you.

Bittrex can not give him the coins.  That remains an option.  They can refund the BTC to the market.

Still an option, always has been. 

This isn't some mechanical process.

You explain to me how they can do that and still be called a real escrow service?

Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:43:07 PM

Im just happy that Im fairly confident that I will recoup my losses from cluster from Neoscoin and then some.

Thank god I invested much more heavily into that!

HunterS

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

Sorry about that.

Bittrex can not give him the coins.  That remains an option.  They can refund the BTC to the market.

Still an option, always has been. 

This isn't some mechanical process.

You explain to me how they can do that and still be called a real escrow service?
well if bittrex gives them the coins and they disappear it will be very bad for bittrex.nearly 175k US worth of btc.it aint going to fly under the radar.i can see this end really bad for everyone.

omgbossis21

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:46:33 PM

Its more like if they do that its a breach of contract and the dev stands to make way more off a lawsuit.  If those were the terms, those 3 boxes, and their all check....  terms met.  If the community wanted it different then you should of not paid or banded together to ask for change in the terms early on.  What I really don't get is if you pick tens coin in the altcoin section your going to lose money on 8-9 of them one way or another.  Giving money up front to produce a coin led people to believe that would change things how?  The initial terms are met for this coin on most all crap coins.... 
Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:47:22 PM

Sure. It's very simple.

If one of the parties in the escrow has not been acting in good faith, they cancel the whole thing, which means returning  the BTC to the market.

A completely legitimate decision.

Again, this is not a mechanical process, no matter how much you try to represent it as such.

You clearly don't understand how an escrow works.

There are terms. If those terms are met, the terms are met.

It's very simple. Like I said, it's really easy for smart people to all of a sudden have clouded thinking when they stand to lose money.

There really is no opinion to he had here. We are dealing in plain facts.  Bittrex can't break the terms of the agreement because of facts outside of the agreement have come to light.

We are dealing in facts here. There is no disputing them. It's black and white if you like it or not.

Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:55:14 PM

Let's say you're a fan of Magic The Gathering, like all crypto people since Jed.

Bob tells you they have a MTG card to sell you.

You say, ok, let's do this deal with an escrow.

Both of you agree.

You send the escrow the money for the MTG card.

Bob delivers the card, when suddenly....

Alice shows up and says the card is stolen.

There's an investigation and it turns out Bob stole the card.

The escrow in that situation is under no obligation to release payment to Bob.

Bob has not been acting in good faith, so the escrow is completely justified in returning the money to you.

Yes, but your analogy does not hold up here. Im sorry you lost money, as did I, but you are adding things into a very simple agreement.

As much as you would like to see this guy not get the BTC, he has his ass completely covered, and their is nothing that Bittrex can do here.

Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 09:57:55 PM

Sure. It's very simple.

If one of the parties in the escrow has not been acting in good faith, they cancel the whole thing, which means returning  the BTC to the market.

A completely legitimate decision.

Again, this is not a mechanical process, no matter how much you try to represent it as such.

You clearly don't understand how an escrow works.

There are terms. If those terms are met, the terms are met.

It's very simple. Like I said, it's really easy for smart people to all of a sudden have clouded thinking when they stand to lose money.

There really is no opinion to he had here. We are dealing in plain facts.  Bittrex can't break the terms of the agreement because of facts outside of the agreement have come to light.

We are dealing in facts here. There is no disputing them. It's black and white if you like it or not.

No, that's no how an escrow works.  You're simply wrong.

It's not a mechanical process.  It wasn't the first time you said it, and it's still not.

Contracts are made to be pretty mechanical in nature. That is why they are there.

You thinking that Bittrex can just step in and say "nope, were not honoring the contract" is foolish at best.

galaxy

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:00:13 PM

their is nothing that Bittrex can do here.

This won't be any more true the 100th time you say it.

BTW, I have no money at stake in this instance.  But I'm tired of scammers, and action needs to be taken to stop them whenever possible.

It's possible here.

You clearly don't understand how the law works

NO, Nothing can be done here or Bittrex would have done something to help there customers. Don't you think?

hashtag101

Activity: 419

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:04:44 PM

Contracts are made to be pretty mechanical in nature. That is why they are there.

You thinking that Bittrex can just step in and say "nope, were not honoring the contract" is foolish at best.

Contracts are declared void due to misrepresentation all the time.

We're at a stage where you have no idea at all what you're talking about, so I'm moving on.

LOL that might be a good idea for you to bow out here yes
you just got schooled LMFAO

To act like youre leaving because someone else doesn't know what they are talking about is so funny
You ever make it past the 8th grade lol

Chris001

electroneum.com

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:06:55 PM

We're at a stage where you have no idea at all what you're talking about, so I'm moving on.

Yeah, you move on my friend.

You are out of you're league here, sorry for your loss

Pretty weak exit btw

Try to have some class

hashtag101

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:34:44 PM

who the hell you calling stupid?

Who the hell are you?

Make a point or get the hell out of here weirdo.
hashtag101

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:37:19 PM

Bitcycle,

"Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." –Mark Twain

I better not be one of the stupid people youre referring to, I hope that is not the case.

i tell ya that

stop trolling a serious conversation!!
mothermole1

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 10:46:43 PM

Guys.. Let's focus on the task at hand. Namely fucking over the ClusterCoinDev's plans at early retirement. I don't give a shit if he has a solid deal. I think he's a douchebag who deserves to get shivved.
fox19891989

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 25, 2014, 11:47:39 PM

there is still only 1 address mining this coin...the devs... it will only take 1.5TH to do a 51% attack...if everyone started mining for 15 mins if would raise difficulty level up so dev would be unable to keep the blockchain going..you would end up with a non syncing wallet and maybe a better chance of a refund

good idea, who can help us to 51% attack this shit coin blockchain, tks. If the blockchain not working, we will get refund
prospecta

Activity: 729
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:38:19 AM

1) There is no legally binding contract, this was confirmed by richie.  It is an completely informal gentleman's agreement (at best) between "Dev"/Bittrex.  Anyone saying the "dev" can sue for breach of contract is an idiot, there is no contract to breach.

2) Anyone saying "bitcoin isn't money" in the USA legal system is also an idiot.  Go look up the Trendon Shavers case, lawyers pulled that defense and judge threw it out straight away.  When it comes down to it, the assigned judge decides what is money, not some random lawyer or internet trolls take on the lack of written law.  DPR case has also had that defense thrown out.  It's safe to say if this ever made a court the "bitcoin is not money" defense would yet again be tossed out as it has been in every single other BTC related case.

The above are facts, rather than opinions, you can verify for yourself.

After I am done with you, you will be banned from ever being on the internet again or even owning a PC
balk

Activity: 75
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 12:39:24 AM

you wont need to to a 51% attack....get everyone mining it to raise difficulty to a high level then leave...it is simple but not enough people interested..carry on whining
fox19891989

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:16:54 AM

1) There is no legally binding contract, this was confirmed by richie.  It is an completely informal gentleman's agreement (at best) between "Dev"/Bittrex.  Anyone saying the "dev" can sue for breach of contract is an idiot, there is no contract to breach.

2) Anyone saying "bitcoin isn't money" in the USA legal system is also an idiot.  Go look up the Trendon Shavers case, lawyers pulled that defense and judge threw it out straight away.  When it comes down to it, the assigned judge decides what is money, not some random lawyer or internet trolls take on the lack of written law.  DPR case has also had that defense thrown out.  It's safe to say if this ever made a court the "bitcoin is not money" defense would yet again be tossed out as it has been in every single other BTC related case.

The above are facts, rather than opinions, you can verify for yourself.

+1
fox19891989

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:19:24 AM

you wont need to to a 51% attack....get everyone mining it to raise difficulty to a high level then leave...it is simple but not enough people interested..carry on whining

get everyone mining it to raise difficulty to a high level then leave, and what will be the result?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: