Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:31:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask TF thread  (Read 21561 times)
doggieTattoo

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 04:52:36 AM

Another question:

(sorry for the multiple posts and sorry if this has been answered already).

I know that inputs/CL lost 4,100+ bitcoin from the attack (the headline number), however how much was "lost" after you account for the money that was repaid to investors from Huh funds? In other words what was the net amount lost by investors?

In regards to the money that was paid back, where did this money come from? was it from cold storage? from your personal funds?

What you do think the overall chances of your investors being able to recoup additional recoveries from inputs/CL are? Is it close to zero or do you think there is a fighting chance they could get repaid?

TIDEX ▬▬ .CRYPTO COINS AND ASSET TRADING. ▬▬ TIDEX
▬▬▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▰▬▬▰▰▬▬
NEW EXCHANGE   ZERO FEES

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3042

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
January 12, 2015, 08:08:12 AM

I'm sorry for how CL/Inputs ended.

You weren't happy with your take?

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 02:20:26 PM

TradeFortress has come out and said he was one of the owners of hashie.co, a cloudmining service that also had its hot wallet "hacked" with 97% of the BTC in it:

I might not be checking this thread or support@hashie.co much in the future, but if you need to contact me for any reason feel free to email me at admin@glados.cc Smiley

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa
That doesn't look like TF coming out as hashie that looks like hashie trying to pass the blame, TF can you confirm are you hashie?

{ BitSpill }
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 10:51:55 PM

TradeFortress has come out and said he was one of the owners of hashie.co, a cloudmining service that also had its hot wallet "hacked" with 97% of the BTC in it:

I might not be checking this thread or support@hashie.co much in the future, but if you need to contact me for any reason feel free to email me at admin@glados.cc Smiley

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa

LOL and why do you think that was him?
darkgamer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 12:27:12 AM

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa

I'm not saying it was, all I'm asking is does he still have control of that email?  wondering if the hashie scam is some how related to the inputs.io hack and wondering who he has talked with on btc-otc as I think someone from there has vendettas against other members.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2015, 08:18:33 AM

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa

I'm not saying it was, all I'm asking is does he still have control of that email?  wondering if the hashie scam is some how related to the inputs.io hack and wondering who he has talked with on btc-otc as I think someone from there has vendettas against other members.
With this logic...

Quote from: Vortex20000
Hi, I won't be checking this account anymore, please email theymos@bitcointalk.org.

Am I theymos? Pshaww...

darkgamer

View Profile
January 13, 2015, 08:45:08 AM

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa

With this logic...

Quote from: Vortex20000
Hi, I won't be checking this account anymore, please email theymos@bitcointalk.org.

Am I theymos? Pshaww...

I understand it could be some dude just posting an email. The whole way the scam took place is weird. all I know is dude dropped an email that has a past. inputs.io had social engineering tactics and someone has gone around impersonating trade fortress. from what I have found people believe that trade fortress was another member called milkshake. the domain name for the email that was used was registered to yan wang and now shows mark russells. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=211169.0
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1076

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 03:58:11 AM

Bye everyone!

-Queen Elsa

That's pretty funny, anyway.
ConfusedCranium

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 10:53:07 PM

Got any new projects which might gain some of your reputation back?
darkgamer

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:21:21 PM

Got any new projects which might gain some of your reputation back?

apparently hashie
https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=429395

Security: Window.opener bypasses same origin policy    
   1 person starred this issue and may be notified of changes.    Back to list
Owner:    ----
Closed:     Nov 2
Type-Bug-Security

Add a comment below

Reported by ad...@glados.cc, Oct 31, 2014

VULNERABILITY DETAILS
Opened windows (through normal hrefs with target="_blank") can modify window.opener.location and replace the parent webpage with something else, even on a different origin (bypassing same origin policy).

While this doesn't allow script execution, it does allow phishing attacks that silently replace the parent tab (which a user already mentally trusts).

window.opener.location should not be modifiable if on a different origin.

VERSION
Chrome Version: 37.0.2062.94 + stable
Operating System: Ubuntu

REPRODUCTION CASE

https://hashie.co/chrome/demo.html

Oct 31, 2014
#1 meacer@chromium.org

Thanks for the report, but the repro doesn't seem to be working on Chrome 38 on Linux. Could you try reproducing with a more recent version?

Oct 31, 2014
#2 ad...@glados.cc

Unfortunately the latest version of Chromium in my PPA is 37.

I've been able to reproduce this on Chrome 38.0.2125.114 for Android.

Oct 31, 2014
#3 ad...@glados.cc

To clarify, the actual POC is in the link on the page. The https://hashie.co/chrome/demo.html page will be replaced with example.org by pix4bit.com

Nov 1, 2014
#4 meacer@chromium.org

The demo page doesn't work for me on M37 on Mac either. When I switch back to example.com tab I see a very brief flash of https://hashie.co/chrome/demo.html but otherwise the actual example.com page is displayed in page contents. I haven't tested on Android yet though.

Nov 2, 2014
#5 wfh@chromium.org

The user decides to trust a particular tab by inspecting the URL and determining the origin.  In all cases here both tabs area always showing the correct origin for the content being shown.

On android, when entering any data into a form, the origin is always shown, even if it's previously been elided by scrolling down.  The user can then make a trust decision based on this visible origin.

Given this, I don't see any risk to users more than the users just clicking on a link and visiting a new page, so I am closing with WontFix.
Dirty Earl

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 14, 2015, 11:40:30 PM

Do you have any  idea who the hacker could of been?
darkgamer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 12:30:45 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2015, 02:24:02 AM by darkgamer

Do you have any  idea who the hacker could of been?

At this point I don't have much to go on. The only things that stand out is that this email had to deal with the inputs.io hack. there are chat logs that are pretty much one sided in that they all seem to be from TraderFortress. in the chat logs there is a person called crypt0queen. probably would fit the whole frozen thing. it boils down to two things 1. we either believe that inputs.io was breached and that TradeFortress didn't hack it himself. or 2. that he was the victim of social engineering and had all of his shit compromised. the log is found here http://btcfaucet.com/logs/TradeFortress_inputsio.txt

09:10 < TradeFortress> hi
09:12 < TradeFortress> I take full responsibility for leaving that much in the hot wallet.
09:13 < TradeFortress> The hacker tried resetting passwords for my email addresses, and was able to reset one which was created 6 years earlier, without phone / recovery email and gmail happily allowed resetting.
09:14 < TradeFortress> That compromised email account was the recovery for another hotmail email, which was also compromised.
09:15 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk, read please.
09:15 < TradeFortress> I didn't use the old email account without MFA
09:15 < TradeFortress> That old email acc was the recovery email of another account
09:15 < TradeFortress> @gmail > @hotmail > @gmail (2, recv'd forwarding from admin@glados.cc)
09:16 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: yes
09:16 < TradeFortress> linode 2FA was bypassed
09:16 < TradeFortress> they seem to be aware of it and don't bother to fix it.
09:16 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: yes
09:17 < TradeFortress> the attacker also used a (compromised?) server close to my geographical location
09:17 < TradeFortress> I think that helped massively with email recovery
09:18 < TradeFortress> pbase: no. I want to be open and communcative about what has happened.
09:19 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: I took significant efforts in protecting Inputs' server, but I've never thought about old abandoned emails.
09:20 < TradeFortress> BCB: What do you want me to do then? Invent a magic wand?
09:20 < TradeFortress> I'm refunding as much as I can from all the BTC I have, and the assets I or CL owns.
09:21 < TradeFortress> 9536feebe3a50b94f85ca27d56e669a7209bd4188385d55c5b97227c95cf7f74
09:21 < TradeFortress> BTC was sent here, it's still unspent. https://blockchain.info/address/1EMztWbGCBBrUAHquVeNjWpJKcB8gBzAFx
09:24 < TradeFortress> Quite simply, I wasn't sure what to do, if I could acquire 4K btc so users are not at a loss, and as well as investigating the scope of the hack.
09:25 < TradeFortress> *sign*
09:26 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: the txid was the first inputs hack
09:26 < TradeFortress> the API was the second, done by the same attacker who dumped the user DB, and then used the API
09:27 < TradeFortress> TheButterZone, I can't see how that'd hurt.
09:28 < TradeFortress> bitsav3: 2x gmail, 1x hotmail
09:30 < TradeFortress> bitnumus, if you check the txid lots of deposits are recent
09:32 < TradeFortress> bitnumus: yes, there's cold storage, but there was more in the hot pocket than cold storage
09:34 < TradeFortress> viboracecata?
09:35 < TradeFortress> theboos, I'm very interested in what security vulns viboracecata claims to have on Inputs.
09:35 < TradeFortress> so has he followed up with the claim? and how long ago?
09:36 < TradeFortress> I'm not aware of any unsolved security vulnerabilities relating to Input's code and enviroment, other than the DB has been compromised. The attack was done through email resets and bypassing security features on Linode's side.
09:37 < TradeFortress> 2FA
09:38 < TradeFortress> BCB: no.
09:38 < TradeFortress> web server was bought from Linode, bitcoind server was on macminicolo
09:38 < TradeFortress> (I own the metal to the macminicolo)
09:39 < TradeFortress> crypt0queen: that's what was used
09:39 < TradeFortress> it wasn't compromised through a server vuln
09:40 < TradeFortress> Linode's position is that my account was not compromised. The attacker simply reset my Linode password through an email request, and then ssh'd into Linode's lish, and got console access to my Linode through lish with my linode account password.
09:40 < TradeFortress> linode lets you reset  root passwords..
09:42 < TradeFortress> the attacker copied certain files via FTP using mc, to another (I believe compromised server), and accessed the bitcoind server by pretending to make withdraw requests for an account with an inflated balance
09:42 < TradeFortress> BigBitz: NO
09:42 < TradeFortress> FTP WAS NOT ENABLED
09:42 < TradeFortress> yes
09:43 < TradeFortress> I have obtained the logs
09:43 < TradeFortress> (through Linode)
09:43 < TradeFortress> attacker installed mc
09:43 < TradeFortress> transferred files to 10;15Hd@mastersearching.com:mercedes49@69.85.88.31
09:43 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: yes, internal ones
09:45 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk, multiple files that relates to internal functions of Inputs, ie the controller.
09:46 < TradeFortress> I have no evidence of the bitcoind mac mini getting compromised. it didn't bark. I suspect the attacker also made one account have -4000 BTC
09:46 < TradeFortress> which allowed it to pass sanity checks
09:46 < TradeFortress> as the total balance as reported by the db matched.
09:46 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: I have the logs of what they did to the server.
09:47 < TradeFortress> on the server, via lish, I should say.
09:47 < TradeFortress> theboos: did it directly through the DB
09:47 < TradeFortress> wasn't logged.
09:47 < TradeFortress> as it copied DB access creds
09:48 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: not on the database
09:48 < TradeFortress> bitsav3, I think they're compromised hosts
09:48 < TradeFortress> like http://mastersearching.com/
09:48 < TradeFortress> theboos, of course I've audited the db
09:49 < TradeFortress> the DB doesn't log every single change
09:50 < TradeFortress> general_log wasn't enabled
09:50 < TradeFortress> nor binary logs
09:51 < TradeFortress> +infinity
09:53 < TradeFortress> BCB: it's not enabled.
09:54 < TradeFortress> I didn't disable them, I'm pretty sure they're not enabled by default.
09:55 < TradeFortress> yup BCB
09:55 < TradeFortress> coingenuity, yes, macmini bitcoind iplocked to the web linode
09:55 < TradeFortress> that's a surprise to me
09:56 < TradeFortress> pbase: no, I have saved disk images as soon as I detected the compromise
09:56 < TradeFortress> yep
09:56 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: installed the env myself.
09:57 < TradeFortress> pbase: definitely not publicly. I'd expect there to be quite a lot of sensitive information in RAM, such as cached mysql data.
09:58 < TradeFortress> actually, no, I didn't do a ram dump.
09:58 < TradeFortress> but the disk image includes db data
09:59 < TradeFortress> I am not aware of if it was forensically sound. I estimate not.
09:59 < TradeFortress> The disk image was dumped via cloning using linode manager.
09:59 < TradeFortress> took like half a hour too
10:01 < TradeFortress> no, not booted
10:01 < TradeFortress> it was cloned to another linode that have not been booted
10:01 < TradeFortress> another as in brand new.
10:02 < TradeFortress> first of all, I'll have to figure out how to transfer the disk image
10:03 < TradeFortress> then I'll have to boot the disk image and remove the db files?
10:04 < TradeFortress> user DB is sorta sensitive. while passwords are hashed w/ bcrypt, PINs are exposed, and there's emails
10:05 < TradeFortress> theboos, that sounds like a good idea
10:05 < TradeFortress> BCB: password reset for my emails, linode, yes.
10:06 < TradeFortress> bitsav3, I will
10:06 < TradeFortress> BCB: they're like typical resets, what do you want to see?
10:07 < TradeFortress> https://i.imgur.com/sQnXsx0.png
10:07 < TradeFortress> the second time the attacker tried to get in
10:08 < TradeFortress> apisnetworks (my shared host, attacker thought there was something useful in here)
10:09 < TradeFortress> pastebin?
10:09 < TradeFortress> http://pastebin.com/J7S9xWyT
10:10 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: yep, there was one from Oct 23 that I can't now find for some reason.
10:10 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: hence 'the second time'.
10:10 < TradeFortress> right
10:11 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: where did you get the impression that I 'didn't do anything'?
10:11 < TradeFortress> I didn't just disregard the password reset email, especially since I couldn't login to linode again
10:11 < TradeFortress> second reset was mine, to regain access
10:12 < TradeFortress> BCB: no
10:12 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: what?
10:12 < TradeFortress> look at the screenshot
10:12 < TradeFortress> look at the screenshot
10:12 < TradeFortress> how many emails do you see
10:12 < TradeFortress> 2
10:12 < TradeFortress> 1st one: second time attacker tried to get access
10:12 < TradeFortress> 2nd one: me regaining access
10:15 < TradeFortress> glados.cc is powered by google apps
10:15 < TradeFortress> btcfaucet, tried pass resets
10:16 < TradeFortress> btcfaucet, I do not know what they performed, I do not remember the answer to security questions myself.
10:16 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: when you have shell access you can easily disable that.
10:16 < TradeFortress> BCB: k
10:16 < TradeFortress> duh
10:17 < TradeFortress> with gmail account, I recovered access simply by entering my old (changed) password
10:17 < TradeFortress> probably due to that I usually sign in from that device
10:17 < TradeFortress> BCB: http://pastebin.com/MhKTa5zN
10:19 < TradeFortress> BCB: show original > I see this.
10:19 < TradeFortress> bitcoind was dedi, I own the metal to it.
10:19 < TradeFortress> web was xen
10:20 < TradeFortress> BCB: tell me how.
10:20 < TradeFortress> just like the apisnetworks?
10:20 < TradeFortress> I'm accessing it the same way
10:20 < TradeFortress> 'Show Original'
10:21 < TradeFortress> BCB: I copied the entirety
10:21 < TradeFortress> understatement :p
10:23 < TradeFortress> https://i.imgur.com/H0NEeI7.png
10:24 < TradeFortress> for the linode
10:25 < TradeFortress> balances were signed because it's POSSIBLE that someone would have a negative balance on inputs
10:25 < TradeFortress> but in normal operation it hsouldn't
10:25 < TradeFortress> btcfaucet, that won't work because the mini does some sanity checking, such as SUM(balance)
10:26 < TradeFortress> stqism: no
10:26 < TradeFortress> whitelisted
10:28 < TradeFortress> BCB: they are.
10:28 < TradeFortress> you asked for the second email
10:28 < TradeFortress> I sent you the original (as exposed by mail.google.com) and pastebinned & screenshotted it.
10:29 < TradeFortress> stqism: I thought tcp packets with a faked source won't be accepted.
10:30 < TradeFortress> BCB: haven't I already told this twice
10:30 < TradeFortress> the email, on the top, was the attacker's 2nd reset
10:30 < TradeFortress> then I was unable to login, so I had to reset it again
10:30 < TradeFortress> you asked for the SECOND
10:30 < TradeFortress> so I sent you the SECOND
10:30 < TradeFortress> ie the one at the bottom
10:31 < TradeFortress> you want the one on the top? ask for the FIRST then.
10:31 < TradeFortress> go look at the screenshots
10:31 < TradeFortress> BCB: of?
10:31 < TradeFortress> have you looked at the screenshot
10:31 < TradeFortress> look at the SECOND email because you asked for the 2nd's original.
10:32 < TradeFortress> check the scrollback
10:32 < TradeFortress> it's this, https://i.imgur.com/sQnXsx0.png, correct?
10:35 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: not after this.
10:35 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: to?
10:36 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: I exercise my right to reject it.
10:36 < TradeFortress> BCB: then why don't you ask.
10:38 < TradeFortress> https://i.imgur.com/pCtanaU.png
10:38 < TradeFortress> ever realize I might be screenshotting and uploading?
10:38 < TradeFortress> coingenuity, yep
10:39 < TradeFortress> BigBitz|wrk: gmail uses local time zones
10:39 < TradeFortress> BCB: did I? that's the full email.
10:41 < TradeFortress> kk, I've spent 1.5 hours or so here now.
10:42 < TradeFortress> I have another hundred emails to handle for Inputs.io
10:42 < TradeFortress> email me at admin@glados.cc if you want to contact me, I'll try and pop in tomorrow.
10:43 < TradeFortress> what is wrong with you BCB
10:43 < TradeFortress> do you need glasses
10:43 < TradeFortress> they are different emails
10:44 < TradeFortress> BCB: post them, show where it was the same timestamp
10:48 < TradeFortress> BCB: nothing useful on apisnetworks
10:48 < TradeFortress> most you could do is change the index.html on http://glados.cc/!
19:35 <@gribble> TradeFortress was last seen in #bitcoin-otc 8 hours, 46 minutes, and 30 seconds ago: <TradeFortress> most you could do is change the index.html on http://glados.cc/!

*update looks like hashie had control of email since it was started https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=429395 Security: Window.opener bypasses same origin policy    
   1 person starred this issue and may be notified of changes.    Back to list
Owner:    ----
Closed:     Nov 2
Type-Bug-Security

Add a comment below

VULNERABILITY DETAILS
Opened windows (through normal hrefs with target="_blank") can modify window.opener.location and replace the parent webpage with something else, even on a different origin (bypassing same origin policy).

While this doesn't allow script execution, it does allow phishing attacks that silently replace the parent tab (which a user already mentally trusts).

VERSION

REPRODUCTION CASE

That could have been someone completely different just using that as their username there. It's not though. It is TradeFortress as the same user made an earlier post here:

Oct 16, 2013
#2 ad...@glados.cc

I am also experiencing this bug on my website, https://coinchat.org .

So, there's now a definite link between TradeFortress and hashie. Interesting.

Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 02:52:02 PM

Yeah, there is definitely some sort of connection between TradeFortress and Hashie and I'd like to hear his explanation too.
Eons

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:45:02 PM

so hes working on new projects which require time and funding and hes not refunding anyones money?
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 03:50:55 PM

so hes working on new projects which require time and funding and hes not refunding anyones money?

and a new identity because no one would even touch the project if his old account was linked to it.  So now deceit can be added to his list of faults (assuming he has something to do with hashie).

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
darkgamer

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:47:11 PM

Yeah, probably scammed people from inputs.io and other places. Then just funnels the money off and funds projects with your money. Hashie created social media accounts then was like I haz miners.
thriftshopping

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 07:49:47 PM

Could someone explain the evidence linking TF and hashie? I have seen multiple allegations here however from what I can tell the only evidence provided to back this up is a IRC log from around the time that inputs/CL failed/was hacked
Mabsark
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 08:26:47 PM

Could someone explain the evidence linking TF and hashie? I have seen multiple allegations here however from what I can tell the only evidence provided to back this up is a IRC log from around the time that inputs/CL failed/was hacked

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=306734

Oct 16, 2013
#2 ad...@glados.cc

I am also experiencing this bug on my website, https://coinchat.org .

https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=429395

VULNERABILITY DETAILS

VERSION

REPRODUCTION CASE

InMyselfITrust

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 15, 2015, 11:33:04 PM

You admitted it was your fault and took full responsability so are you ever going to refund anyone?
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 06:10:29 AM

You admitted it was your fault and took full responsability so are you ever going to refund anyone?
Anyone, yes - he has. Everyone - no.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: