Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:09:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Ask TF thread  (Read 21568 times)
darkgamer

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 06:46:11 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=327178.0 this post ties the hotmail account that was supposedly hacked in the inputs.io hack the recovery email was set to the admin@glados account.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 07:10:33 AM

So lailai625 plays minecraft, so does TF. lailai625 also has a very similar writing style, and on top of that, he likes to ban evade

Let's play!

darkgamer

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 01:29:34 PM

various forum members have stated that TradeFortress doesn't seem to be the same post inputs.io hack and that very well maybe true given the context. However, you would think that if his website was breached and everything was tied to it. wouldn't someone from the community make a statement and say not to do business. Instead all you get is hey I have new website invest money in me and then something happened I lost your money.
BigBitz

Activity: 672
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 03:51:33 PM

you never did give me an image or a good enough explanation Sad

Tips BTC --> 1BS2sYvy3T1cpNhie6CVFMcUrHa84a8mPa <-- Thanks! || Tips [LTC] --> LaytYJNCha7z7zcws5a2o2GWWjvWfDCGkr <--
Termin

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:22:20 PM

You guys found hiim out and he has not be online for 2 days  Cheesy
BadBear
v2.0
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1127

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2015, 04:33:10 PM

various forum members have stated that TradeFortress doesn't seem to be the same post inputs.io hack and that very well maybe true given the context. However, you would think that if his website was breached and everything was tied to it. wouldn't someone from the community make a statement and say not to do business. Instead all you get is hey I have new website invest money in me and then something happened I lost your money.

Nah, I think it is him. He intentionally tried to act differently to screw with people, he enjoys that.

He's enjoying his hookers and coke, and planning his next ponzi.

1Kz25jm6pjNTaz8bFezEYUeBYfEtpjuKRG | PGP: B5797C4F

Tired of annoying signature ads? Ad block for signatures
Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 04:40:36 PM

He's enjoying his hookers and coke

I think he's a little young for that kind of stuff.

darkgamer

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:44:06 PM

you never did give me an image or a good enough explanation Sad

It's kind of hard to paint a picture, this is more like looking for signs of arson after a huge fire has been set. The scam sites he ran have different names but all say sydney australia. The common theme is that all the sites use the same email, they all run fine for a while then payments stop. hashie said something like I'll give you a hint and posted a picture of team fortress, then dropped the email that leads to trade fortress. hashie and $username seem to have the same typing pattern when posting. for example
Inputs had been penetration tested regularly, and on security-critical projects I regularly spend upwards of $5000 on a thorough pentest by professional security forums firms.
made a typo.

This is the sticking point with me. TF was smart enough to know that you can't fully secure anything, and even if you make it so hard it isn't worth it, there's always social engineering. Leaving that much sitting around was foolish, and I don't think he's a fool. Maybe I'm giving him too much credit, I don't know.
Yeah, I don't have any explanation other than (i) lazyness (the system wasn't set up to make sending to cold storage easy, and it had to be performed manually), (ii) wanting to keep sufficient amounts on the server so nobody worries/panics, and (iii) about 1500 BTC was deposited within 48 hrs of the hack.

The later systems I've built do make sending to cold storage easier, but for the most recent site it was still an manual process. I intend on doing automatic cold storage transfers (hourly cronjob) for my future projects.

Good luck with your studies! Smiley When you come back, please try to be more level headed instead of throwing little tantrums.

All the best.

hashie vs TF
How could I have missed this thread? Thanks so much Quickseller (and everyone else of course). I will do whatever I can and if you guys ever need anything, just send me a PM. Wink
Enjoy your mod coins Smiley

no matter what username you use, certain typing traits will still show.

the admin email is also tied with a website called die2nite. he post something on google about it here https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/mt_die2night/zwnstqaV7L0/1yzH4QcxCVIJ and he posted on the die2nite website here http://www.die2nite.com/tid/forum#!view/4|thread/1329041

My email ends with "glados.cc" and twinoid suggests me to change it to "glados.cl".

.cc is a valid domain name and I think it's more commonly used compared to .cl.

although he probably isn't still active in it

What things look like is that tf registers sites using fake names, then tries to change it later on. example, hashie is registered to queen elsa now. the Best explanation would be from tf as i'm pretty sure others have done research from his various scams and could elaborate more while we wait for tf to come back from vacation.
BitcoinDistributor

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:49:05 PM

Nah, I think it is him. He intentionally tried to act differently to screw with people, he enjoys that.

If Badbear thinks its TF still then its still TF. Badbear has access to all the IPs linked to him so I'm sure Badbear has checked it and probably seen some similiarities.

I'm a lover not a hater. I'm a scam buster misunderstood. However, this forum is full of haters which is why you see my trust. They can't handle my success so they try to stop me...BUT NO ONE STOPS MY SUCCESS! ....Find Quickseller annoying? Click the "ignore" button below his name! You're welcome!
TheBitcoinKerfuffle

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 05:51:10 PM

If Badbear thinks its TF still then its still TF. Badbear has access to all the IPs linked to him so I'm sure Badbear has checked it and probably seen some similiarities.

im sure tf would of been smart enough to use tor or a vpn at all times even before the hack so the ips wouldn't help in this case but badbear might see similarities as he can see more than we do.
darkgamer

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 02:40:38 PM

im sure tf would of been smart enough to use tor or a vpn at all times even before the hack so the ips wouldn't help in this case but badbear might see similarities as he can see more than we do.

Tor would be nice, the way the fbi has been crawling around it and with the exit node control. let him use something that's a potential honeypot. we can only hope that his ip leaked out, a temporary disconnect from vpn. I didn't really lose anything from any of this, I find tracking this bastard down better than that arg. I heard Australia is possibly banning encryption, while that does suck. it could become http://www.labspaces.net/pictures/blog/4e5466b7dc69f1314154167_blog.jpg if he doesn't cash out by then.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:17:52 AM

^[citation needed]
How would one even enforce a ban on encryption?
(Lithium)

Activity: 367

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:51:23 AM

How do you feel about not being the worst reputation in the forum anymore?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:31:55 AM

Who passed him?

{ BitSpill }
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4653

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:34:24 AM

Who passed him?

Me?
bitspill
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1015

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 05:36:55 AM

Who passed him?

Me?
Trust:   50: -0 / +29(29)
Yep, the case has been cracked.

{ BitSpill }
Vortex20000

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

sucker got hacked and screwed --Toad

View Profile WWW
January 19, 2015, 08:30:23 AM

Pepsi*

Coke is for real men.

He was found out millions of light years ago, before the Bronze Age...

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 01:59:27 PM

^[citation needed]
How would one even enforce a ban on encryption?

I don't think Oz is trying to ban encryption, I heard that some restrictions placed on research and development in Oz may affect crypto development, but I don't think thats what the guy was referring to. However the UK is trying to ban encryption:
http://www.engadget.com/2015/01/13/uk-ban-secure-communications/

How would they do it? the same way Iran and others done it, or I should say failed to do it. Iran has a great firewall of China type suppression system that can fingerprint most types of encrypted traffic such as VPN etc, and for SSL they force all citizens to install their CA in their browser and serve up their own SSL certs for every SSL website. If the UK actually goes ahead and does this, we'll probably see more encryption systems integrating steganography, which makes the encrypted traffic look like unencrypted traffic. When that happens then only the bad guys who are willing to break the law will have access to computer security, the people they wanted to conduct surveillance on in the first place, and I don't think it'll be long before the government changes their mind about banning encryption.

tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 02:13:03 PM

Indeed, I find a number of governments' recent moves against privacy disturbing.  But maybe we should ask TF what he thinks?
GrandmaJean

Activity: 280

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 05:50:56 AM

Are you an alt of moreia and/or Williamj?

Why did you give moreia negative feedback for running multiple HYIP sites?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: