Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:40:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bit Beans Coffee Company Escrow Provided. Free coffee while it lasts!  (Read 9575 times)
Ron~Popeil (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 01:51:17 PM

Bitbeans House Blend Review

My package of 2lbs of Bitbeans House Blend arrived a couple of days after I ordered.  The transaction was smooth and payment information was communicated on this forum and was covered by escrow. 

The coffee arrived in two unmarked shiny gray bags.  The bags were filled to the to top with barely enough room to squeeze to let some air escape.  Included in the package were some grinding instructions for different brewing methods (drip vs. french press).

Upon opening the first bag, I was greeted with the familiar aroma of delicious roasted coffee beans.  If I had to compare the aroma with beans available at the store, I would say they reminiscent of "Dunkin Donuts" original blend more so than say "Starbucks" original.  I ground my beans as instructed on a medium coarse burr grind for my drip coffee maker.

As the batch was dripping, my wife (an ex-barista) said that it smelled like a real coffee shop in the kitchen.  A good sign to be sure.  We poured our cups and fixed them as we normally do.

The flavor was rich and delicious.  The smoothness and balance of flavors were two predominant features of this blend.  It had low acidity and was not bitter at all.  Imagine if Dunkin Donuts made a Gourmet Blend that was only available in small batches.  That is the best way I can describe it using familiar comparisons.

The caffeine levels seemed to be a bit lower than other blends.  I wasn't wired after two mugs as I sometimes am.  This is a plus for me as I drink a lot of coffee and end up making custom fractional half-caffs often.

This a one smooth house blend.  The fact that this coffee is available for BTC is just another plus in its favor and not a gimmick.  It would stand on its own among gourmet beans from any shop.

Cheers.

Thanks so much for the review! It took a long time to get that blend just right so it is exciting to hear that you enjoyed it so much.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:12:39 PM

Just a quick heads up I am working on the website today so if it looks weird I apologize. The most up to date prices are in the first post of this thread.

snowcrawl

Activity: 377

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:38:09 PM

Coffee is the only item I have bought with bitcoins on a semi-regular basis since I began earning enough BTC through mining to pay for it.  I had been shopping at a store called Brewcupid.  When I thought about ordering another bag the other day, I noticed that their website was no longer online. Also, they were handling the bitcoin check-out only as a secondary feature to their store, through bitpay, meaning they were probaby not directly involved with using bitcoin. Also, they had no presence on bitcointalk.  So now that I think about it, it would make a lot more sense to support your business, since you are actively involved with the bitcoin, and are communicating with us here on the forum.
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

Coffee is the only item I have bought with bitcoins on a semi-regular basis since I began earning enough BTC through mining to pay for it.  I had been shopping at a store called Brewcupid.  When I thought about ordering another bag the other day, I noticed that their website was no longer online. Also, they were handling the bitcoin check-out only as a secondary feature to their store, through bitpay, meaning they were probaby not directly involved with using bitcoin. Also, they had no presence on bitcointalk.  So now that I think about it, it would make a lot more sense to support your business, since you are actively involved with the bitcoin, and are communicating with us here on the forum.

I would be happy to help you out. Our only payment method is bit coin. We don't accept fiat at all. This obviously limits things for us but for me it is an ethical choice.

I would love to tell you that we buy our supplies for bit coin as well but our volume isn't big enough just yet to get our vendors to consider it. Once volume is up I will be in a good position to have that conversation with them. 

What kind of coffee do you normally drink? Our House Blend is a good starting point to try our coffee. It is a medium roast that has gotten a great response so far.

If you want to try the House Blend the price would be .053 and you can send payment to:

14FRJv17N9E3ciqcd6pTwsqyQ4ZBT9uFPF

Shipping is included in the price so let me know where to send it via pm or e-mail me at thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com

Thanks!

snowcrawl

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:39:49 PM

Hello Ron~Popeil, I have sent you a payment for 1 order of House Blend.

Bitcoin transaction number:

d2ec75431973a2331c1554fbb250357491a1cab93bb771df4db6891ec3479f7d

Please ship to:

IN EMAIL

Thanks!  
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:45:14 PM

Please ship to:

IN EMAIL

Thanks!  

Payment confirmed. Your order will ship out today. I will send you an e-mail with your tracking information as soon as I print the label.

I will add your order to my escrow spreadsheet right away. If you have any issues or questions feel free to get in touch by e-mail or by pm here. 

Thanks so much for your business!

YUSOAWESOMe

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 09:37:38 PM

My package of 2lbs of Bitbeans House Blend arrived a couple of days after I ordered.  The transaction was smooth and payment information was communicated on this forum and was covered by escrow. 

The coffee arrived in two unmarked shiny gray bags.  The bags were filled to the to top with barely enough room to squeeze to let some air escape.  Included in the package were some grinding instructions for different brewing methods (drip vs. french press).

Upon opening the first bag, I was greeted with the familiar aroma of delicious roasted coffee beans.  If I had to compare the aroma with beans available at the store, I would say they reminiscent of "Dunkin Donuts" original blend more so than say "Starbucks" original.  I ground my beans as instructed on a medium coarse burr grind for my drip coffee maker.

As the batch was dripping, my wife (an ex-barista) said that it smelled like a real coffee shop in the kitchen.  A good sign to be sure.  We poured our cups and fixed them as we normally do.

The flavor was rich and delicious.  The smoothness and balance of flavors were two predominant features of this blend.  It had low acidity and was not bitter at all.  Imagine if Dunkin Donuts made a Gourmet Blend that was only available in small batches.  That is the best way I can describe it using familiar comparisons.

The caffeine levels seemed to be a bit lower than other blends.  I wasn't wired after two mugs as I sometimes am.  This is a plus for me as I drink a lot of coffee and end up making custom fractional half-caffs often.

This a one smooth house blend.  The fact that this coffee is available for BTC is just another plus in its favor and not a gimmick.  It would stand on its own among gourmet beans from any shop.

Cheers.

Thank you Sir, I will consider buy now! I dont know for sure yet but I will look on the website, i love coffee
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 11:21:40 PM

Cheers.

Thank you Sir, I will consider buy now! I dont know for sure yet but I will look on the website, i love coffee

Hi! You are more than welcome to place an order. You can send .053 to 1HLbowL7E3ggTd25BLt59yCzMgudcxbBZN

Shipping is included for US addresses, if you need a quote for international shipping let me know.

If you have questions or anything feel free to contact me here or you can e-mail me at thomas@bitbeanscoffee.com

Thanks!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 01:05:32 PM

I just got around to trying the coffee - Although different from my usual espresso roasts I do like this blend a lot and I would order again.  The coffee has a very smooth and mild flavor and delicious aroma on opening the bag and grinding.  I look forward to trying the espresso roast soon.

As for the transaction, it was very easy, I received a tracking number within hours of ordering and received the coffee in 2 days or less.

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
bernard75
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:24:37 PM

Shipping is included for US addresses, if you need a quote for international shipping let me know.
I would like a quote for the EU.
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:29:29 PM

I would like a quote for the EU.

I will be happy to get a quote for you. Let me know what address you want us to ship to and I will put together a quote for you.

Thanks!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 05:35:37 PM

I just got around to trying the coffee - Although different from my usual espresso roasts I do like this blend a lot and I would order again.  The coffee has a very smooth and mild flavor and delicious aroma on opening the bag and grinding.  I look forward to trying the espresso roast soon.

As for the transaction, it was very easy, I received a tracking number within hours of ordering and received the coffee in 2 days or less.

Thanks for the review! As I recall I promised you a pound of the espresso to try out. I will get that in the mail this week. Thanks!

Lesbian Cow
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1752

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:03:13 PM

Thanks for the review! As I recall I promised you a pound of the espresso to try out. I will get that in the mail this week. Thanks!

I look forward to the trying the espresso.  You are a man of your word!  You can expect to be supplying me with around 4 lbs of coffee a month...

To err is human, to moo is bovine

https://www.instagram.com/lesbiancow212/
walkingbean

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 06:21:55 PM

I hope to order some coffee soon. I drink maybe like 4 cups a day, so why not give this a try!
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:28:17 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 08:11:23 PM by Ron~Popeil

I hope to order some coffee soon. I drink maybe like 4 cups a day, so why not give this a try!

I will be happy to ship an order out for you. All of our sales are backed by escrow.

Our House Blend price is .0523

You can send payment to: 1ByrmQc98a9sjF6tST3SBj23DjWZbmkSaE

I can ship it out tomorrow so you should see it by Wednesday or Thursday.

Thanks!

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:34:34 PM

I look forward to the trying the espresso.  You are a man of your word!  You can expect to be supplying me with around 4 lbs of coffee a month...

Thanks! We send out really good coffee, but an honest reputation and being a man of my word is equally important. I hope you enjoy the espresso as much as I do.   

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 07:42:57 PM

I wonder if we can arrange side-by-side taste tests with the Starbucks coffee I'm trying to sell: http://sandiego.craigslist.org/csd/hsh/4654805206.html

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
snowcrawl

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:43:24 PM
Last edit: September 07, 2014, 11:10:11 PM by snowcrawl

The bar is set pretty low in most of North America when it comes to the quality of coffee that the average person looks for.  Even more so when it comes to what people brew at home.   One of the best coffee's I've tried was a bag of green beans that I roasted in my kitchen oven at the highest temperature.  Not exactly practical, but it was worth a trying in order to get an idea of how good fresh coffee tastes and smells.  The aroma of freshly roasted coffee is quite different from what we find at the supermarket.  I usually buy Kicking Horse Coffee, easy to find around here (in Canada) and is relatively good for mass market coffee.
Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:34:17 AM

The bar is set pretty low in most of North America when it comes to the quality of coffee that the average person looks for.  Even more so when it comes to what people brew at home.   One of the best coffee's I've tried was a bag of green beans that I roasted in my kitchen oven at the highest temperature.  Not exactly practical, but it was worth a trying in order to get an idea of how good fresh coffee tastes and smells.  The aroma of freshly roasted coffee is quite different from what we find at the supermarket.  I usually buy Kicking Horse Coffee, easy to find around here (in Canada) and is relatively good for mass market coffee.

Sadly you are exactly right with that. Most North American coffee is warehoused for months on end after roasting. The volatile compounds that give freshly roasted coffee such great flavor literally evaporates into the air. It is the same process that happens with fresh spices.

Home roasting can be a challenge. I actually got really serious about coffee when I used an old air popcorn popper to roast some green arabica beans I bought online. I actually managed to get it past the first crack stage before the smoke got too bad. I still roast on small scale in the summer here. Our mountain winters are too tough to do it year round and my wife would probably shoot me if I ever tried it indoors again.  Cheesy

Ron~Popeil (OP)

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 06:08:42 AM

Please ship to:

IN EMAIL

Thanks!  

I see your package as delivered. When you get a chance can you confirm delivery so I can update the escrow spreadsheet?

Thanks and enjoy!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: