Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 03:31:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone IOS Bitcoin wallet is here! (From Blockchain.info)  (Read 47479 times)
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:15:48 PM

I have a problem with this wallet too. It worked fine for a few days but now it doesn't show my balance or addresses. Everything seems fine in the settings tab though. The logout icon is red.

I have tried everything. Reinstall, reinstall again, logout, forget and repair.. but can't get it to work :/

My iPhone is 3GS, 5.1.1

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
September 19, 2012, 07:30:51 PM

I have a problem with this wallet too. It worked fine for a few days but now it doesn't show my balance or addresses. Everything seems fine in the settings tab though. The logout icon is red.

I have tried everything. Reinstall, reinstall again, logout, forget and repair.. but can't get it to work :/

My iPhone is 3GS, 5.1.1
Odd... mine seems to be fine... although I have a JB 4S

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
fivemileshigh

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 18, 2012, 09:06:23 AM

Another thing that i am not comfortable with: if you scan "Device Pairing" QR code with normal QR reader, password is unveiled.

I'm feel the same as the minimalb. I know that qr code is only shown once you've logged in and you shouldn't scan it with any other app, but still, maybe there is a better way.

Also, I would really really like some sort of PIN at app start-up, otherwise if I lose my phone whoever finds it will see my entire transaction history.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 02:49:55 PM

My iPhone is 3GS, 5.1.1
Odd... mine seems to be fine... although I have a JB 4S
FWIW I have upgraded to iOS 6 and it is still working as expected.

I'm feel the same as the minimalb. I know that qr code is only shown once you've logged in and you shouldn't scan it with any other app, but still, maybe there is a better way.
This should only be a problem if you keep the QR code so you can 'get back in' to your wallet. 
If I were ben and the noise was enough then I would make the QR pairing code a OTP so even if someone saved it (or got it out the the cache, or whatever) then it wouldn't work. 

Also, I would really really like some sort of PIN at app start-up, otherwise if I lose my phone whoever finds it will see my entire transaction history.
I was going to tell you that you can enable your second password; however I see now your concern is your TX history, not your balance.  I guess don't lose your phone  Roll Eyes

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
Meizirkki

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 03:33:37 PM

Mine still not working. Odd. It seems tho that removing the app from cydia does not remove the user data. Any hints where it's located so I can delete it myself?
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 07:28:26 PM

Mine still not working. Odd. It seems tho that removing the app from cydia does not remove the user data. Any hints where it's located so I can delete it myself?
I don't remember off the top of my head, but if you have iExplorer then it shouldn't be a big deal to find it.

also if you have the correct tools then a: find /var/mobile -iname wallet.aes.json might find it too.

Meizirkki

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 08:49:56 PM

I don't remember off the top of my head, but if you have iExplorer then it shouldn't be a big deal to find it.

also if you have the correct tools then a: find /var/mobile -iname wallet.aes.json might find it too.
Thanks for the help. I have a file manager called iFile, but I don't know where to look..

I also did the latter, and more:
Code:
#find /var/mobile -iname wallet.aes.json
#find /var/mobile -iname wallet
#find / -iname wallet
No results!  Embarrassed

But if this file is indeed supposed to exist this pretty much identified the problem. Block Chain app is unable to create the file. (Insufficient filesystem permissions?) I search root for "blockchain" and it found one directory. It was because I still had the app installed and after removing it nothing's left for my manual deletion. Sad
ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 16, 2013, 10:06:21 PM

Thanks for the help. I have a file manager called iFile, but I don't know where to look..

Code:
#find / -iname wallet
No results!  Embarrassed

But if this file is indeed supposed to exist this pretty much identified the problem. Block Chain app is unable to create the file. (Insufficient filesystem permissions?) I search root for "blockchain" and it found one directory. It was because I still had the app installed and after removing it nothing's left for my manual deletion. Sad

Apps in iOS are not stored in folders with their name though....  they are by UUID, which is why if you use something like iExplore it would help.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 17, 2013, 11:41:55 AM

Code:
#find / -iname wallet

the latter 2 probably don't do what you want. they search for the name being "exactly" wallet (case insensitive)

try:

Code:
# find /var/mobile | grep -i wallet

or

Code:
# find /var/mobile -iname \*wallet\*

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
Meizirkki

View Profile
January 18, 2013, 07:50:07 PM

the latter 2 probably don't do what you want. they search for the name being "exactly" wallet (case insensitive)

try:

Code:
# find /var/mobile | grep -i wallet

or

Code:
# find /var/mobile -iname \*wallet\*

Thanks. With this I was able to find all the files that stayed when I removed the app. After removing the files I reinstalled blockchain app, paired it with qr code and still the same. Transactions -tab says "No Data" and My addresses -tab says No Addresses. I have been actively using my wallet and there should be plenty of both.

I also tested the app from App Store (removed previous first), and I'm getting the exact same issue! It has something to do with my wallet, I'm sure. I just created a new wallet from the mobile app and it's working perfectly. I read that the mobile wallet doesn't support certain kind of private keys, could that be it? I haven't imported any tho...
molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 03:39:58 PM

is it still possible to use the blockchain app from korean appstore?

we managed to install it on a phone and upon startup we even see the full features at the bottom for half a second.

However these icons disappear and only one icon is left. The app keeps beeping and shows public transactions.

Any way to couple this to a wallet and use it as a wallet?

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1055

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 03:43:37 PM

is it still possible to use the blockchain app from korean appstore?

we managed to install it on a phone and upon startup we even see the full features at the bottom for half a second.

However these icons disappear and only one icon is left. The app keeps beeping and shows public transactions.

Any way to couple this to a wallet and use it as a wallet?

You can install it from any app store.  (Not only Korean)
If you install it from an IP address that already has accessed a Blockchain.info wallet that is more than two weeks old,   the iphone app will have the full wallet functionality enabled. 

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 04:10:31 PM

If you install it from an IP address that already has accessed a Blockchain.info wallet that is more than two weeks old,   the iphone app will have the full wallet functionality enabled. 
Do you have to install it, or just run it from an IP address?

MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2013, 04:21:15 PM

I think install, but it is easy to delete the app and reinstall it.

Here is an old Blockchain account that you can use to activate the Iphone app:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/90803604-bbce-b66e-eafa-8a37f64c090b

Password:  M84Q2kCkg2

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
January 24, 2013, 07:45:15 PM

I think install, but it is easy to delete the app and reinstall it.

Here is an old Blockchain account that you can use to activate the Iphone app:

https://blockchain.info/wallet/90803604-bbce-b66e-eafa-8a37f64c090b

Password:  M84Q2kCkg2

Which has BTC0.01020001 in it Smiley

🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1042

👻

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 06:16:07 AM

So did anyone contact Apple's legal department? What about only making the app available in certain countries (more than just Korea)?
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 29, 2013, 11:27:02 AM

So did anyone contact Apple's legal department? What about only making the app available in certain countries (more than just Korea)?

The app is available in every country around the world.
Download it and install it today.

molecular
Donator
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2013, 11:36:19 AM

Thanks man, that is extremely helpful information.

Meizirkki

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 03:04:08 PM

My iPhone is 3GS, 5.1.1
Ha! I found what caused this problem. Address labels with ä, ö, etc. break the app. I removed the problematic characters and everything is working now. Smiley

I have a question tho, I have dual passwords and two-factor login, but the iPhone app never asks for any of these after the initial login. Anybody with access to my phone can rob me clean Sad any fix to this?
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2013, 04:27:06 PM

I have dual passwords and two-factor login, but the iPhone app never asks for any of these after the initial login. Anybody with access to my phone can rob me clean Sad any fix to this?

If you have dual encryption enabled,  it will ask you for the second password whenever you try to actually send Bitcoins from the wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: