Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:00:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: iPhone IOS Bitcoin wallet is here! (From Blockchain.info)  (Read 47496 times)
Meizirkki

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 10:30:14 AM

I have dual passwords and two-factor login, but the iPhone app never asks for any of these after the initial login. Anybody with access to my phone can rob me clean Sad any fix to this?

If you have dual encryption enabled,  it will ask you for the second password whenever you try to actually send Bitcoins from the wallet.
Hm. I clearly remember enabling the dual encryption, but it was not enabled! I've tried to enable it multiple times now and it always gets disabled when I log out.. But it's possible that there's a problem with the password and I'm trying another one now. so far so good.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
deeplink

Activity: 728

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
March 27, 2013, 11:51:10 PM

I installed Blockchain from the Appstore last week on an iPhone 4. That worked fine. Then send 0.5 BTC to it, but now it just hangs everytime you start it and doesn't respond at all whichever button you press in the program.

Restarting phone didn't help. The program is just completely frozen and no way to access the BTC anymore it seems.

I've scrolled through the thread but couldn't find this issue or a solution. Does anyone know?
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
March 28, 2013, 09:48:10 AM

I get similar result with 4s.

When i send money i get error message:

Code:
Debug details follow:
*** -[NSURL initFileURLWithPath:]:
nil string parameter
(
  "4 libc++abi.dylib
0x3a4e907b <redacted> + 78",
  "5 libc++abi.dylib
0x3a4e9114 <redacted> + 19",

... etc, etc.

...but coins are sent anyway.

It works normally when i restart the app.
ErebusBat

Activity: 560

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
April 02, 2013, 07:06:43 PM

I installed Blockchain from the Appstore last week on an iPhone 4. That worked fine. Then send 0.5 BTC to it, but now it just hangs everytime you start it and doesn't respond at all whichever button you press in the program.

Restarting phone didn't help. The program is just completely frozen and no way to access the BTC anymore it seems.

I've scrolled through the thread but couldn't find this issue or a solution. Does anyone know?

You should be able to log into the website on your desktop to the the coins.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:33:48 AM

Quote from: ErebusBat
You should be able to log into the website on your desktop to the the coins.

Not possible, because we can only see the bitcoin address. The rest of the app is inaccessible.

Blockchain.info doesn't allow you to log in with only a bitcoin address and the password we use on the phone, or does it?
Meizirkki

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:39:44 PM

Reinstalling blockchain app would be worth a shot. I've done it dozen times and I've never had to re-pair it with my account.
deeplink

In cryptography we trust

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 03:46:18 PM

Don't you loose the account info if you un-install then re-install the app?
Meizirkki

View Profile
April 06, 2013, 04:18:44 PM

I never did but I had also used the version for jailbroken iphones. Not sure if you have the same situation there. :/
CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2013, 11:06:24 PM

Last app update is over one year ago. Why isn't there anything updated. There are so many iOS users out there.
MemoryDealers (OP)
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1105

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2013, 12:19:12 AM

Last app update is over one year ago. Why isn't there anything updated. There are so many iOS users out there.

Because we are afraid that apple might pull the current version of the app as well.

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
October 07, 2013, 02:51:14 PM

Because we are afraid that apple might pull the current version of the app as well.
What if you do a LinkedIn and redesign the app to use mostly HTML backend.  Basically the app is a customized HTML browser that allows you to push updates on the server side.  You could also do things like having an option in the wallet preferences to enable the mobile app access.... if that isn't enabled then no send functions, otherwise it would be watch only.

░▒▓█ Coinroll.it - 1% House Edge Dice Game █▓▒░ • Coinroll Thread • *FREE* 100 BTC Raffle

Signup for CEX.io BitFury exchange and get GHS Instantly!  Don't wait for shipping, mine NOW!
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 05:09:49 PM

Is new iOS version planned?
If so - can we get sneak peak on jailbroken phones @ thebigboss.org?
CeeCee

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 18, 2013, 12:11:08 PM

okay i can understand this. but the iOS community needs a good wallet app. there are so many iOS users out there. isn't there any way to update the app without being afraid that apple could remove the app from the app store? if i compare the android version with the iOS version i am feeling like ->  Cry. there are soooo many thinks i want on the iOS app too.
slothbag

Activity: 369
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 12:48:27 AM

I was using the Apple store version until I noticed it does not include a fee with its transactions.. I was demo'ing to a friend and it ended up taking 24 hours to confirm which was embarrassing.

So I switched to the Cydia version and created a new blockchain.info wallet and set the fee setting to normal.  Now I can see it is still not including a fee!

Are there any plans to fix the iOS client to start including tx fees?
cooldgamer
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

We are the champions of the night

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 12:49:38 AM

I was using the Apple store version until I noticed it does not include a fee with its transactions.. I was demo'ing to a friend and it ended up taking 24 hours to confirm which was embarrassing.

So I switched to the Cydia version and created a new blockchain.info wallet and set the fee setting to normal.  Now I can see it is still not including a fee!

Are there any plans to fix the iOS client to start including tx fees?

Strange, I've been using the Apple one and it includes a .0005 fee when I send.  Might just need to adjust the settings using your browser.

yodark

Activity: 297
Merit: 264

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 10:37:47 AM

I don't understand the difference between the jailbroken and non jailbreaken app. On the website it says
Due to restrictions from Apple the bitcoin wallet functionaility is not available in the app store version. However it is still available for free download with limited features.
What are these limited features ? I've downloaded the app recently and I can pay receive funds etc. What's the big deal ? I read everywhere that apple killed all BTC apps but what's the problem with that one ?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
«««« SpellsOfGenesis.com  Collect Monsters and Cards on Blockchain  »Collect« »Trade« »Evolve« »Subscribe to beta now«»»»»
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

ErebusBat

I am the one who knocks

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:29:13 PM

I don't understand the difference between the jailbroken and non jailbreaken app. On the website it says
Due to restrictions from Apple the bitcoin wallet functionaility is not available in the app store version. However it is still available for free download with limited features.
What are these limited features ? I've downloaded the app recently and I can pay receive funds etc. What's the big deal ? I read everywhere that apple killed all BTC apps but what's the problem with that one ?
Blockchain.info is tricky and uses your IP address and time to see if it should show the wallet on the phone.  If you search this thread the exact criteria is in there.

However I don't think they are updating it because of the app store hostility toward bitcoin apps.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]  All
  Print  

Jump to: