Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:23:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582881 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 02:08:10 PM

Website is back up! Will have that bootstrap file today as well.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
entertainment

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2016, 08:11:12 PM

Great! Good job dev!

We are going to see 5000 satos soon for sure. The relaunch it's gonna be epic with the coin listed in Bittrex, Polo and BTC38.

to the moooooon

s11made

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 09:57:26 PM

I'd like to test shade, but the testnet is 83 weeks behind and not syncing.
"addnode 107.170.185.5:28379 add" ... doesn't help either
Any idea?
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 20, 2016, 10:26:07 PM

I'd like to test shade, but the testnet is 83 weeks behind and not syncing.
"addnode 107.170.185.5:28379 add" ... doesn't help either
Any idea?
We finished beta.. We are doing another beta network soon which is more polished and new features with new core.
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 03:48:41 AM

SYS 're at the pump , I have 30k sys on beta wallet but can not be sent to bittrex. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Is it possible these are testnet coins?

Probably if he got coins on a Beta Wallet, that means they are testing coins and only good for testing, those are not real Syscoins and the address starts with T(for test) instead of S.

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 05:43:06 AM

The blockchain syncing is taking ages, is there a bootstrap file?

There isn't yet, but I can get one together for ya. I'm prett tied up with sys2 rested work today, could I get u the bootstrap Tomm?

Sure, take your time sir

Thanks for your patience, I'm running my client in a debug mode (txindex=1) so im not 100% sure if this bootstrap will work without the rev*.dat files, but please give it a try. If it doesn't work I'll include the rev files:

Syscoin 1.x Mainnet Blockchain Bootstrap (up to block 781566)

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
souljah1h
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

Hyperspace snail

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 01:56:54 PM

on syscoin.org there is a NO DOWNTIME text

No Downtime

Unlike some P2P implementations, items on the Syscoin Market are always online. It doesn't matter if yoru wallet is oprn or closed, your items will always be available, guaranteed by Syscoin's 100% uptime.

Pls check the spelling.

_@/'
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 04:35:08 PM

on syscoin.org there is a NO DOWNTIME text

No Downtime

Unlike some P2P implementations, items on the Syscoin Market are always online. It doesn't matter if yoru wallet is oprn or closed, your items will always be available, guaranteed by Syscoin's 100% uptime.

Pls check the spelling.

Thanks and fixed- we'll double check the rest of the copy as well  Wink

We're planning on dropping the feature news we've been discussing today @ 2pm US/PST. Will have an update for everyone then!

xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:12:50 PM

The blockchain syncing is taking ages, is there a bootstrap file?

There isn't yet, but I can get one together for ya. I'm prett tied up with sys2 rested work today, could I get u the bootstrap Tomm?

Sure, take your time sir

Thanks for your patience, I'm running my client in a debug mode (txindex=1) so im not 100% sure if this bootstrap will work without the rev*.dat files, but please give it a try. If it doesn't work I'll include the rev files:

Syscoin 1.x Mainnet Blockchain Bootstrap (up to block 781566)

Hey thank you for that, but I noticed the syncing process was taking less time that earlier, so I let the wallet do that by itself.
I can't verify if bootstrap works without the rev files at the moment, sorry for wasting your time Sad

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 06:24:19 PM

Just like I said a week ago... anyone cares to move a few coins to Poloniex ? The volume is too small..

Told ya..  Roll Eyes
King Buzz

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

love life...

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:05:27 PM

Smiley  pumped up sys coin at yobit for you yesterday boys....

took it to 0.00079000 sats at a high

give the folk a taste of things to come...

https://yobit.net/en/trade/SYS/BTC

buzz never stops....xx
entertainment

Activity: 422
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 07:05:50 PM

Let's go SYS  Cheesy

I can't wait for press release.

steve321

Activity: 627
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 07:56:13 PM

Full SYS blockchain, as of 2-19-16, is available for download at CryptoChainer.com
nond17

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:18:40 PM

I'm  pretty exciting as well  Grin
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:32:25 PM

Im very exiting!  Smiley Smiley Smiley
I would keep hodling, personally! So go, much leave!  Grin
Zebedee23
Legendary

Activity: 2086

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:50:25 PM

If anyone here can help me with a frozen transaction, would be very much appreciated!!!

see
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1372812.0

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
██████████        ▀████████
█████████    ████▄  █████████
█████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀   █████████
█████████▄▄  ▄▄   ▄██████████
▀██████████  ███▄  ▀████████▀
▀█████████▄▄█████▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Reserve.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
████████▀▀▀███▀▀▀████████
█████████   ███   █████████
███████               ███████
██████████   ███   ██████████
██████████   ███   ██████████
▀██████               ██████▀
▀████████   ███   ████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄███▄▄▄███████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

.Reserve Your Rights.
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 09:58:44 PM

I knew Sys was really undervalued. I am currently in a strong profit (entered @140sat) but still holding. I am very excited and curios to see the release.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 10:48:17 PM

Syscoin 2.0 February Interim Update
http://syscoin.org/syscoin-2-0-february-interim-update/

Everything is on track and we have several news items to share with the community as we stand on the precipice of releasing the public beta for final testing.

We’re still in the final rounds of internal testing and will be releasing the Syscoin 2.0 final beta client to the public on Sunday, February 28th, 2016. We want to allow the public at least a week to attempt to break/find bugs with the final release before we make the transition to the Syscoin 2.0 mainnet and convert the SYS1 supply to the appropriate SYS2 coins. A reminder- the trading symbol will remain SYS after the transition. We are also asking trusted third parties in the community to review the Syscoin 2.0 code for extra confidence.

WHAT’S NEXT AFTER THE LAUNCH?

Following launch we have a very busy schedule. Our top priority is integration with eBay and Etsy, and any other smaller, personally-owned type marketplaces which the Syscoin marketplace can replace and out-feature on a number of levels from uptime to lower fees to lack of censorship and control over exactly who sees what in your store. Syscoin stores also allow for reselling so eBay merchants who utilize the Syscoin marketplace can enjoy increased reach and revenue through resellers if they choose to allow reselling of their items. They can even control who, specifically, is allowed to resell their items and assign individual discounts (think wholesalers v. retailers). We aim to deliver at least one (if not more) integrations with these types of centralized marketplaces to enable them with the benefits of decentralization within the first 6months of 2016. We will roll out integrations as soon as they are ready, we won’t hold back until they’re all done.

The smaller personal marketplaces powered by Ebay etc. are our first target as they’ll allow us to shake out any possible problems or usability issue we haven’t already discovered with merchants and get word of mouth going between merchants. From there we’ll move to the ecommerce plugins which target larger merchants. Direct plugin integrations between Syscoin markets and Magento, Shopify, Prestashop, and Opencart. We’ll follow a similar strategy here and release each integration as its ready, rather than waiting for all to be completed.

Then of course there is Blockmarket 2.0, this is a marketplace-in-a-box developed by Syscoin to allow merchants who don’t use any of the aforementioned systems to get up and running on a server with Syscoin as their marketplace “backend” and a friendly frontend for buyers which communicates directly with buyer’s local Syscoin wallet in a matter of clicks. We’ll be releasing the 2.0 version of this during 2016 as well. Because the demand that we’re getting from merchants at the moment is largely focused on Ebay/Magento integration that is our top priority. We will have an “umbrella” Blockmarket out ahead of the official Blockmarket 2.0 release so that people can search the entire Syscoin decentralized marketplace and verify their listing are visible for others to find (think of it as a craigslist hosted by the team, we’ll be releasing a package for hosting your own later this year).

All of these integrations and offerings are powered by the Syscoin 2.0 JSON-RPC API. We encourage developers to check it out and build their own experiences around the Syscoin marketplace. If you’re interested in joining the team we’re looking for an additional C++ developer, send your info to dan-at-syscoin.org.

WALLET EXPERIENCE UPDATE

Somewhere along the line we’ll be updating the wallet’s appearance even more extensively for usability improvements, releasing a web wallet (security being a key tenant of that effort) and also releasing mobile wallets for both iOS and Android. We think these deliveries will be towards the end of 2016 but they may get prioritized higher based on what the community is requesting. These will not simply be clones of existing projects but will aim to enable the full suite of services from buying/selling items and services to sending encrypted messages, escrow and more all from your mobile device.

DIRECT BITCOIN PURCHASES FROM SYSCOIN MARKETS

A major feature we excited to announce today is that Syscoin 2.0 will support the ability to pay directly with bitcoin for marketplace goods and services. This will be an optional type of offer that the merchant can choose to leverage. If using DirectBTC a bitcoin compatible address will be generated for each offer in the merchant’s store. The buyer then indicates they wish to purchase using the SYS wallet but only requiring a dust amount of SYS to log the transaction on the blockchain. They then send the appropriate Bitcoin from their Bitcoin wallet to the address created by the Syscoin offer. The merchant can then export the private key for the offer from their Syscoin wallet into their Bitcoin wallet, and collect their payment (or import it before payment is send and collect as payments arrive).

This capability to natively leverage bitcoin in conjunction with Syscoin’s decentralized marketplace capabilities opens up the benefits of this feature to a much larger demographic and also insulates users from possible volatility in Syscoin prices. When using DirectBTC advanced services such as escrow are not available and the merchant must manually confirm receipt of the bitcoin by checking the Bitcoin blockchain and then confirming via the Syscoin wallet. We have plans to automate this process using side-chains as soon as possible, at which point direct BTC payments will be able to leverage the advanced features such as escrow. Direct BTC payments differ from pegged-BTC payments in that pegged-BTC payments result in the merchant receiving an amount of SYS equivalent to the BTC price listed on their offer at time of purchase based on exchange rates. Direct BTC payments result in the merchant receiving the actual BTC their item was priced at, no conversion or exchanging required.

MINING REWARD SCHEDULE AND TOTAL COINS

As communicated earlier the total coins are being reduced from 2bill (max, ever) to 6.68mil (6688630 to be exact). This means the current supply will convert at a ratio of 299.4 SYS1 to 1 SYS2. The conversion will occur by importing your SYS1 private key into your SYS2 wallet. There is no time limit for the conversion. If you coins are on exchange the conversion should happen automatically. Also Syscoin 2.0 features a new burning/inflation mechanism tied to how heavily the special Syscoin services are used, when blocks are not fully filled the fees are burned increasing scarcity, but as usage picks (and blocks fill up) up an inflation mechanism kicks in- we’ll be posting a followup blog with more details on this prior to launch. This burning/inflation mechanism was designed specifically to scale with transactions per second (TPS) so that once we achieve VISA-network level TPS the design of this mechanism will allow us to scale the Syscoin services.

Mining is also being modified in this release. In addition to switching from merge mined Scrypt algo to merge mined SHA256 (bitcoin) algorithm we’ll also be reducing the block rewards because Syscoin is constantly merge mined. The rewards will start at 8.25 coins per block and will half every 7months (314,159 blocks).

STARTING THINGS RIGHT

We feel a key to the marketplace succeeding will be having items available for purchase on launch and trustworthy arbiters as well to facilitate those purchases. We’ve had requests for “anon” but aren’t taking that up just yet because we want to attract more of a mainstream audience but we certainly aren’t ruling anything out. The team will be launching the Syscoin Arbiter Marketplace as Syscoin 2.0 launches as a directory of arbiters available to facilitate purchasing on the Syscoin marketplace if people wish for an extra layer of security. Initially the arbiters will be members of the team that are largely known and trusted by the community, but as usage increases the directory will expand. The directory is powered entirely off of data stored on the blockchain related to escrow transactions each arbiter is involved in, creating an implicit rating system that cannot be forged.
We’ll be posting again Wednesday Feb 24, 2016 with screenshots of the Syscoin 2.0 Internal Alpha to give people an idea of what they’ll see this coming weekend! If you’re just catching up with Syscoin we encourage you to join our Slack. Don’t forget to read our Team Notes on Reddit, we’ll have another set of notes up after today’s team call!

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2016, 11:01:44 PM

To be abundantly clear we don't have a partnership with eBay, nor did we state that. We are building API integrations for eBay and Etsy immediately following the Syscoin 2.0 launch. This will enable merchants on those platforms to leverage SYS to sell their goods, backup their items, or migrate their SYS store to eBay/Etsy. Once the integration is complete we will of course be directly approaching higher-ups at eBay to see if they are interested in a formal partnership. We have people in our network who will make the appropriate introductions when the time is right to see if we can scale up a relationship there. At the moment its just an integration, not a partnership.

We're also looking to connect with MS about getting Syscoin involved in Azure Cloud. More news as we have it.

rakesh1_90

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

Fall seven times, stand up eight.

View Profile
February 21, 2016, 11:45:04 PM

MINING REWARD SCHEDULE AND TOTAL COINS

As communicated earlier the total coins are being reduced from 2bill (max, ever) to 6.68mil (6688630 to be exact). This means the current supply will convert at a ratio of 299.4 SYS1 to 1 SYS2. The conversion will occur by importing your SYS1 private key into your SYS2 wallet. There is no time limit for the conversion. If you coins are on exchange the conversion should happen automatically. Also Syscoin 2.0 features a new burning/inflation mechanism tied to how heavily the special Syscoin services are used, when blocks are not fully filled the fees are burned increasing scarcity, but as usage picks (and blocks fill up) up an inflation mechanism kicks in- we’ll be posting a followup blog with more details on this prior to launch. This burning/inflation mechanism was designed specifically to scale with transactions per second (TPS) so that once we achieve VISA-network level TPS the design of this mechanism will allow us to scale the Syscoin services.

Mining is also being modified in this release. In addition to switching from merge mined Scrypt algo to merge mined SHA256 (bitcoin) algorithm we’ll also be reducing the block rewards because Syscoin is constantly merge mined. The rewards will start at 8.25 coins per block and will half every 7months (314,159 blocks).

After the conversion to sys2 coins would the price on exchange be the same as it is now  or would it be adjusted to the  ratio of current coin supply and present price.
Pages: « 1 ... 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 [227] 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: