Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 08:59:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582891 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Piston Honda
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 1064

Juicin' crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:19:07 PM

Any new word on the release date or, approximate release date?

Hi! Maybe someone can tell me when is there any news on Sys coin? Smiley

http://syscoin.market
if you click on the countdown box it opens a video tutorial on their youtube channel.

seems like 30 minutes left on the countdown only

don't you have viral coin to work on?!?!

lmao!

$ADK ~ watch & learn...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DARKHOLDER

Activity: 659
Merit: 500

Zepher is scammer!:)

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 08:58:27 PM

its after countdown and.. nothing happened Roll Eyes Big green dildo on Poloniex  Grin Grin
I just in last minutes jump in sys train thanks:)
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:23:47 PM

I am new to SYS. Help me struggle through some possible misconceptions.

There is talk of a "conversion" of 'SYS1' to 'SYS2' at a rate of 299.4:1. However, reading what little description I have been able to find, it appears this is not a conversion at all. Instead, it looks to me as if a second coin is being created, and each holder of 'SYS1' will be issued some 'SYS2' at the rate of 299.4:1. IOW, this looks to actually be a new coin (i.e., new blockchain), with initial distribution determined by a snapshot of 'SYS1' distribution.

is this accurate? If not, what am I misunderstanding?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
johnp

Activity: 575

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 09:32:13 PM

There is talk of a "conversion" of 'SYS1' to 'SYS2' at a rate of 299.4:1. However, reading what little description I have been able to find, it appears this is not a conversion at all. Instead, it looks to me as if a second coin is being created, and each holder of 'SYS1' will be issued some 'SYS2' at the rate of 299.4:1. IOW, this looks to actually be a new coin (i.e., new blockchain), with initial distribution determined by a snapshot of 'SYS1' distribution.

Syscoin will be converting from Merge mined Scrypt to Merge mined sha256 and at the same time the coin supply will be reduced by a factor of 299 to 1 but will retain its name its all on syscoin.org

*Image Removed*
ethought
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 11:14:51 PM

I really don't understand why the swap is needed. Is there an official reason being given for this?
nickenburg

Activity: 434
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:10:58 AM

I really don't understand why the swap is needed. Is there an official reason being given for this?

Well it is only a good thing, because there are to many sys1 coins in my opinion anyway.
So for the holders it will be good since there will be a lot less sys to sell, so price goes even up more.

I also made a post for Syscoin Since we are doing so good and people don't miss out:

https://twitter.com/CryptoTradeADay/status/712790421215297536?lang=nl

If you could please Retweet, follow and like that would be nice
Thanks!
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:34:01 AM

Syscoin will be converting from Merge mined Scrypt to Merge mined sha256 and at the same time the coin supply will be reduced by a factor of 299 to 1 but will retain its name its all on syscoin.org

Perhaps I was not clear in my question. From my perspective I have an issue with the bolded parts above:

1) An entirely new coin is being created. Holders of what is today being referred to as SYS (which I will refer to here as 'old-SYS' for clarity) will be issued 1 of these new coins for every 299.4 'old-SYS' coins they hold. Right?

2) Everyone will be expected to stop calling 'old-SYS' SYS. However, all holders of 'old-SYS' will still have all their 'old-SYS', and there is no technical reason that the 'old-SYS' blockchain cannot continue as a viable coin. Right?

3) Everyone will be expected to refer to this new coin as simply 'SYS', despite the fact that it has an existence completely independent of 'old-SYS', which was previously known as simply 'SYS'.

That about sum it up? Or am I wrong in one or more of the above points?

Anyone with a campaign ad in their signature -- for an organization with which they are not otherwise affiliated -- is automatically deducted credibility points.

I've been convicted of heresy. Convicted by a mere known extortionist. Read my Trust for details.
Blockchain.Ventures

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 12:59:23 AM

Congratulations to the SYS Team for all the work they did since launch!
SYS prices are reflecting all your hard work.
jokumat

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:47:53 PM

s I was not clear in my question. From my perspective I have an issue with the bolded parts above:

1) An entirely new coin is being created. Holders of what is today being referred to as SYS (which I will refer to here as 'old-SYS' for clarity) will be issued 1 of these new coins for every 299.4 'old-SYS' coins they hold. Right?

2) Everyone will be expected to stop calling 'old-SYS' SYS. However, all holders of 'old-SYS' will still have all their 'old-SYS', and there is no technical reason that the 'old-SYS' blockchain cannot continue as a viable coin. Right?

3) Everyone will be expected to refer to this new coin as simply 'SYS', despite the fact that it has an existence completely independent of 'old-SYS', which was previously known as simply 'SYS'.

I think you are wrong. The old blockchain will die. There will be no miners to mine it. There will be only one SYS. The new SYS.
jokumat

Activity: 249

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 12:57:36 PM

I must say this: the nominal value change 1:299st was not the best move.

Many people seem to be confused by this. It is only a symbolical change. But looks shady, like a pump attempt
RJF19

Activity: 420

AKA RJF - Since '14 - On line since '84

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 02:03:37 PM

Many people seem to be confused by this. It is only a symbolical change. But looks shady, like a pump attempt

I think people see it as loosing overall value. In the simplest terms, if you have 1000 SYS and the price goes up 1 USD then you just made 1000 USD. If you convert to sys2 at 299/1 you only have 299 SYS2 and if the price goes up the same 1 USD, you only made 299 USD. Large price swings will not bring the same profit unless the value of SYS2 goes through the roof. I think this is where the complaint lies. It's hard to visualize a value large enough for SYS2 where the same ratios would exist. Those of us holding high numbers of SYS are concerned about the new coin's real market value.

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is always to try just one more time. Thomas A. Edison
randywald

Activity: 600

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 05:00:34 PM

I need to say it depends on the use case of the currency. In the marketplace, you will buy all stuff in USD and the Syscoin Marketplace/App will automatically convert to the right amount of SYS/BTC. So the users don't need to care about how much one SYS is worth or how many SYS are available.

I am sure there is more than one reason for the conversion. The team is doing awesome in my view.

Correct me if i am wrong Wink

with kind regards,
randywald

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 05:44:33 PM

There is clearly a lot of confusion on this although its been explained a few different ways. We have an update coming up within the next week that will clarify all of this. If you have any other questions or problems with the current public beta please post them up.

We'd appreciate if people could stop asking questions about when this news will be pushed (within a week of this posting!). All the questions and concerns about the topic of the conversion and the 299.4:1 figure will be addressed in the upcoming post. Very much appreciate everyone's patience.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
Rw13enlib88
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 06:23:24 PM

There is clearly a lot of confusion on this although its been explained a few different ways. We have an update coming up within the next week that will clarify all of this. If you have any other questions or problems with the current public beta please post them up.

We'd appreciate if people could stop asking questions about when this news will be pushed (within a week of this posting!). All the questions and concerns about the topic of the conversion and the 299.4:1 figure will be addressed in the upcoming post. Very much appreciate everyone's patience.

No confusion. You're great devs but you have no fucking clue of the long term economic consecuences of reducing the stash
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:25:01 PM

It's not about "confusion". Most of us are in Crypto for over 3-4 years now and we know a bit about coins and economics.

I really like the development of SysCoin, the team is doing great things and I see a great future for it.

I'm a big holder but I don't support the conversion. Period.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 24, 2016, 06:59:48 PM

No confusion. You're great devs but you have no fucking clue of the long term economic consecuences of reducing the stash

It's not about "confusion". Most of us are in Crypto for over 3-4 years now and we know a bit about coins and economics.

I really like the development of SysCoin, the team is doing great things and I see a great future for it.

I'm a big holder but I don't support the conversion. Period.

First off thanks Smiley and maybe "concern" would have been a better choice of words than confusion (but there is/was confusion too). We have always listened to our community when it comes to big changes like this and will continue to do so- in that regard we will be posting more info related to the community's concerns this within a week. We would post sooner but we're also changing up our marketing communication strategy, particularly how we communicate things to external stakeholders (outside of the direct-crypto space) thus the slight delay as we rearrange.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:18:41 PM

s I was not clear in my question. From my perspective I have an issue with the bolded parts above:

I think you are wrong. The old blockchain will die. There will be no miners to mine it. There will be only one SYS. The new SYS.

It seems that all that you are countering is whether or not the 'old-SYS' will have continued users. Correct?

And that there is no technical mistake in what I conclude, correct?

jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 11:26:01 PM

We'd appreciate if people could stop asking questions about when this news will be pushed

Note that I have not asked questions regarding when the announcement will be made. I am asking very specific questions. So far, others in the community -- doubtless well-meaning, but not authoritative -- have made poor attempts to answer. However, these questions remain unaddressed - at least directly.

Please get some one on your team to clarify the questions at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg14297301#msg14297301

To wit:

danosphere (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 01:34:47 AM

We'd appreciate if people could stop asking questions about when this news will be pushed

Note that I have not asked questions regarding when the announcement will be made. I am asking very specific questions. So far, others in the community -- doubtless well-meaning, but not authoritative -- have made poor attempts to answer. However, these questions remain unaddressed - at least directly.

Please get some one on your team to clarify the questions at:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=757255.msg14297301#msg14297301

To wit:

Sorry I missed those:

1) Yes, based on users' old-sys address balance as of the fork block

2) Technically speaking yes- if miners don't adopt the update to old-sys we'll be releasing at the same time as we release SYS. The old-sys update will warn users to switch/won't connect to older clients. The team will no longer be maintaining old-sys.

3) Yes

halibit
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1006

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 03:21:39 AM

Hello from alcurEX exchange.
SYS - BTC market has been added in alcurEX.
https://alcurex.org/index.php/crypto/market?pair=sys_btc

Welcome
-halibit-

One question.
What SYS withdraw fee I should add to covering transaction costs?

ALCUREX is an cryptocurrency financing company registered in Finland.

Pages: « 1 ... 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 [245] 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: