Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:54:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Syscoin- FINAL 2.0 LAUNCHED! *ENCRYPTION, MARKETPLACE, BTC INTEGRATION*  (Read 582897 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Cryptorials

Activity: 690
Merit: 505

Cryptorials.io

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 12:38:22 PM

Team call notes look very interesting, but I'm a bit confused:

Will Syscoin continue to have its own blockchain and the ethereum stuff be an extra? I see all the development talk is about Ethereum, but you're still releasing this 'Shade' wallet - so will that continue to be developed or is it just a practice run for releasing the real thing on Etheruem?

Exactly as Keyare summed it up. SYS will continue via the Shade release and so long as there are miners, SYS blockchain will continue. We will do our best to address anything critical that comes up but past the Shade release SYS will effectively be in maintenance mode while we focus on DApps. We will be integrating SYS equity into our DApp efforts via a conversion program.

Shade release will help to solidify our knowledge in the decentralized marketplace space (as we'll be one of the via coins based on bitcoin core with a viable marketplace) via a tangible delivery and will leave us well-positioned to being the decentralized marketplace leader via DApps on the ETH platform.

Converting SYS to SYS2 is entirely optional, and is done at the discretion of those holding SYS. Converted SYS will be burned (w/proof) decreasing the active SYS supply by however many coins are sent for conversion. We do not have details on the exact % of SYS2 that will be allocated to SYS1 holders, we're still hashing that out but welcome suggestions.

SYS mining schedule goes on for another 99yrs and since it is merge mineable with any scrypt coin its chain will most likely keep going for many years.

Oh ok, thanks for the answer. Looking forward to seeing more details on Sys2

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 08, 2015, 11:59:51 PM

so i should sell my current SYS coins to make it easier?

yolo
sebastien1234

Activity: 654
Merit: 252

PR Director@Blockchain Foundry/Co-Founder@Syscoin

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 02:11:56 AM

so i should sell my current SYS coins to make it easier?

I'm really not sure what you mean by that? Can you clarify?

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2015, 02:13:11 AM

FYI everyone, we will be extending our SYS2 naming decision for a few days until the weekend as currently the spec work to present to Vitalik must come first and time is of the essence. We would also like to all be present on a call to make the decision and that is currently not possible until the weekend.

mmfiore

Activity: 808
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 12, 2015, 03:59:08 PM

My wallet 1.5.2 will not connect. I need some nodes for my config file syscoin.conf please help thanks...

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀

▄██▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ███████████ ██  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀███▌
       ▄                  ▐██
     ▄██▀   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▐██▄
    ▄██    ██▀ ▄▄▄▄         ▀▀
 ▄███▀     █ ▄█▀ ▄▄▄           ▄██▄
██  ██     █ █  █████  █ ▄    ██  ██
 ▀██▀            ▀▀▀ ▄██ █     ███▀
     ▄            ▄▄██▀ ▄█   ▄██▌
    ▀██▄          ▄▄▄▄▄█▀   ▄██
      ██▄                   ▀▀
       ▀███▄            ▄██▄
       ██  ██  ██████████  ██
        ▀██▀            ▀██▀
PRE-REGISTER NOW FOR
THE MAIN TOKENSALE

██
██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
.MONETIZE YOUR IOT DATA!.

Telegram
Twitter
▄▄███████████████████████████████████▄▄
██████████▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀██████████
█████████▌ ██          █▌ ██  █████████
██████████▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄  ▐█████████
█████████▀▀█████████████████  ▀████████
████████  ▄███▀ ▄▄▄▄█████████▌ ▀███████
██████▀  ▄██▀ ▄█▀ ▄▄██████████▄▄███████
███▀▀▀  ███▌ ▄█ ▄█▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀███
██▌ ██ ▐███▌ █▌ █ ▐█▌ █▌ █ ▐███  ██ ▐██
███▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄█▀ ▄█ ▐███▌  ▄▄███
███████▀▀██████████▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███▀  ██████
███████▄  █████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀  ███████
████████▄  ▀█████████████████▄▄████████
██████████    ▀██████████▀▀▀▀██████████
██████████▌ ██ ▐█         ██ ▐█████████
███████████▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄██████████
▀▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀
Keyare

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2015, 08:55:09 PM

Team notes from the google hangout:

Development
  • Team has finished the spec for SYS2, sent to Vitalik
  • SYS2 spec has been commented on by Vitalik, had some specific feedback related to the trustless escrow design
  • Team to further review escrow design to discuss some items raised by Vitalik, but ultimately the design is still fully feasible within ETH
  • Discussed DApp versioning and how we can ensure people are always using the latest version
  • Been researching/working with DApps in order to begin ramping up dev knowledge for creating the DApps that will constitute SYS2

Syscoin 1.5.2 "shade" Wallet Release and Hard Fork
  • Certificate creation, editing, listing and searching now available directly via UI
  • Offers listing (your offers), searching, and paying now available directly via UI
  • Offer creations and editing now available in UI
  • Core Shade upgrades completed. Wallet is ready for release just in test at the moment- larger scale public testing to start within the next week.
  • Working on pegging-updater script - will run 24/7 ensuring that all conversion values are accurate, testing on cakenet alongside Shade testing
    Blockmarket v1 still to be released alongside Shade; will be a week after the Shade wallet release to allow team to focus on ensuring hard fork is completed properly

Marketing/Communication
  • Official name for SYS2 in final phases of selection internally- will be publicly showcased in coming weeks
  • Roadmap on website needs to be updated- now that we've gotten feedback from Vitalik we can set a concrete timeline
  • Investigating options around forming company around SYS2 for purposes of more official investment and for crowdsale and legal reasons
  • Now that name is selected, working on developing new website for the SYS2 brand and marketing materials around its feature set
  • Discussing naming/branding of various SYS and SYS2 entities and how the branding will flow during the conversion from Syscoin/SYS to the new brand.
  • Marketing team also helping with testing Shade wallet
  • iOS wallet release on hold, realized more work was required to properly sync SYS chain to iOS, core devs busy with Shade/SYS2 work.
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2015, 10:23:06 PM

As an ICO buyer who went through the launch/fork affair, I have some experience in SYS having read just about everything posted here and on slack. I doubled or tripled up cheap to lower my overall cost and have slowly gotten out at a 'minor' loss, hey that's investing in crypto so I'm not jaded, but I am curious. The devs might hold the near majority of the coins now, with each receiving 10 mill each at ICO (50 btc per dev at ICO price), and the release of funds problem/buy wall got another 250 BTC of SYS which I don't know the quantity for. Posts by team members that they have been buying, they might own 30-50% of the coin supply, don't know. It's not a hidden premine so not dodgy but still a constraint on new investing. 

Leaving Shade-SYS (coming out in a couple weeks) going 'as is in maintenance mode' seems like an abandoned project, especially as you are leaving it to future unknown devs with an unknown coin supply. I know SYS1 coins are burned etc and no one can predict future SYS1 value, and the Shade release isn't out so it's all speculation. The Slack is pretty much dead, just good mornings and good afternoon comments and talk about a few drinks but no or little project substance.

A second ICO which you have stated one purpose is to trade-in SYS1 for SYS2, and you are near majority holders, it would be fair to disclose the amount you own when the new ICO gets ready in the interest of transparency, and for SYS1 holders to judge their portfolio direction. The new direction with DApps (I don't know much about it except it is an Etherium build on) is your business decision and hopefully a good direction for the dev team and SYS holders. What is the estimated time frame to a working product?

How does SYS1 and SYS2 tie into Supernet now? SYS is listed as a core coin there. I know that's maybe a minor thing now with direction change but some might have increased their holdings based on that. Will SYS2 be part of Supernet or hass that plan gone the Shade-SYS direction also? Supernet now holds 10% of the coins also as part of the deal, will they convert to SYS2 also? Perhaps not the right place to ask that but I won't do it on their thread.

I guess what I am asking is what is the state of affairs with your guys business plan and why should we invest in SYS2 and not just dump SYS1? 

Currently many of your questions are up for discussion and there is no firm decision on many of these points.

Individually, I really cannot say how many we have as a team, but I can tell you that we have a 30 million SYS dev fund currently untouched. Personally I have a few million and I assume that is the case for each person in the team; I certainly doubt that we hold as you mentioned 30-50% but I really cannot speak for each individual(at the time of writing this, there's over 429 million SYS in existence).

SYS1 will be in maintenance mode as the current blockchain is not flexible enough for us to be able to bring all the updates we want to bring and Ethereum's blockchain is in fact perfect for it, and will not consistently require a fork every time we want to make a simple change. I've always looked at our team as a software development team and it only makes sense that newer versions will use new technology. You may see that as us abandoning a project but that is certainly not the way we see it, it is simply an evolution of an existing project we've been working on for over 1.5 years now.

There is currently no way for us to provide you with an estimate time of launch of SYS2, working with dApps is a whole different ballgame but we believe it will be much faster than developing on a bitcoin based blockchain like SYS1. 

SYS1 will certainly continue being part of the supernet, this has certainly been confirmed, as for SYS2, it has not been discussed as to how that could integrate with the Supernet and is also another subject that is up for discussion.

As an investor, I strongly suggest that you join the Syscoin Millionaire's club, although not much chatter has been going on in #general, activity is currently bustling within this group as it should in these times of change, we strongly value our investors comments/suggestions. Although you did indicate that you have gotten out at a loss so this may not be an option in your case.

sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 14, 2015, 07:58:37 AM

Most work we do for marketplaces should be network agnostic so should work for both platforms. This means that we do not abandon the project but we put work into spreading syscoin services to other platforms.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 04:57:28 AM
Last edit: September 15, 2015, 06:12:57 AM by danosphere

Most work we do for marketplaces should be network agnostic so should work for both platforms. This means that we do not abandon the project but we put work into spreading syscoin services to other platforms.

So will marketplace updates that are pushed to the Dapp appear in Shade as well? Or will Shade only come out as the initial release and then all updates from the current dev team will stop?

Its more like the ecommerce plugins (for platforms like magento, prestashop etc. to work with the blockchain marketplaces) and whitelist applications (blockmarket, etc) we build on top of SYS2 in time will also be fully compatible with SYS1, therefore leaving SYS1 far from abandoned as these plugins will allow for its functionality to be leveraged within major ecommerce platforms- giving merchants the choice between SYS1 (based on the bitcoin core) or SYS2 Marketplace Dapp (ETH based).

SYS1 will remain a coin derived from the bitcoin-core, which is merge-mineable etc. It will be in the Supernet MGW and compatible with Instadex and cross-chain transfers with other SNET core coins, we're working with the SNET team to make any changes needed to accomodate this (as they have a new release coming as well) within the SYS-Shade release.

SYS2 is an asset that pays dividends, and will serve a growing portfolio of DApps, which is a different construct from SYS entirely and it will be up to investors to convert SYS1 as they see appropriate where they see the most value, or diversify between the two which is always an option as well, or dump its up to them. Don't ask me for details about the conversion rates at this time, as I don't have them. All I can say is that we're trying to make the conversion favor SYS1 investors in the grand scheme of things.

Much like Sebastien1234, I have always seen the Syscoin team as an open source software development collective aiming at delivering decentralized solutions to centralized applications/problems. Our first project/target was decentralized marketplaces and that will be fully delivered with the SYS-Shade release all the way through price pegging, then expanded on through Supernet integrations, and soon will have apps-on-top ala ecommerce plugins to further extend the SYS1 value proposition. We have continued to work throughout the year even though the majority of the funds intended to fuel that development were stolen (Oct 14, 2014) what wasn't stolen was used to pay back dev dues, reinvested into SYS via buy support (which we have not dumped and is the #1 wallet) or went towards legal efforts to bring those responsible for the theft to justice (still in progress); some members even had to liquidate portions of their personal holdings to fund the legal effort while others paid out of pocket (thus the total team holdings are less than you estimate). We've still continued to improve the original SYS marketplace we released a year ago despite these obstacles.

The landscape around crypto has changed in the past year as we've developed SYS and to continue to plow forward with the feature and fork approach to our mission we outlined 12 months ago (akin to sticking with physical buttons in a touchscreen era just because that's what was the best solution around when we started) we're adapting with the times. The mechanisms for rapidly delivering multiple decentralized solutions lies primarily outside the SYS1 core in our opinion and although we'll still develop apps-on-top (plugins, etc) that will bring value to all applications delivered by the team (including building additional value in SYS1) our primary focus will be the new platform, and continuing to stay on the leading edge of what is happening in the crypto space.

As we make the transition to DApps we'll have a good several weeks of marketing and materials, a dedicated landing page with API documentation, setup and tutorials on how to fully use the Shade wallet to create unstoppable markets with full reseller support and more. We aren't simply releasing a new binary to github and then going dark on SYS1. The Shade release will be no small thing.

Also #general in slack is quiet- yes. All the chatter happens in the Millionaires club and its much more than good morning/afternoons. Instructions for joining: http://syscoin.org/syscoin-millionaires-club/

How does SYS1 and SYS2 tie into Supernet now? SYS is listed as a core coin there. I know that's maybe a minor thing now with direction change but some might have increased their holdings based on that. Will SYS2 be part of Supernet or hass that plan gone the Shade-SYS direction also? Supernet now holds 10% of the coins also as part of the deal, will they convert to SYS2 also? Perhaps not the right place to ask that but I won't do it on their thread.

I guess what I am asking is what is the state of affairs with your guys business plan and why should we invest in SYS2 and not just dump SYS1?  

What SNET will do with their 5% stake of SYS1 has not yet been discussed. We'll continue to build value in SYS1 and it will continue to be a part of SNET as mentioned above. Converted SYS1 will be burned, if a majority of SYS1 holders convert that would mean those who don't will increase their equity substantially in the process.

Our goals using DApps within the ETH platform were only confirmed a day ago as we finalized the spec last Wednesday and we were able to get feedback from VButerin over this weekend- we are moving as fast as possible (and as you know, we all hold fulltime jobs). We'll have more concrete timelines together for SYS2, at the moment we're focusing on completing the SYS-Shade release (part of supernet) so that we can then focus on SYS2 in proper priority order. In terms of SYS2 and Supernet not sure what the technical possibilities are there yet, more info needed, so TBD. Providing answers soon as I have them.

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 07:16:23 AM

Nice one Dano.  Smiley  As ever, clear, insightful, and informative. Cheers
forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 01:42:55 PM

there will be new ICO for SYS2 ?

yolo
K1773R
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1008

/dev/null

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:23:18 PM

new icon?! the price will go to the moooooonnn....
seriosuly?

[GPG Public Key]
BTC/DVC/TRC/FRC: 1K1773RbXRZVRQSSXe9N6N2MUFERvrdu6y ANC/XPM AK1773RTmRKtvbKBCrUu95UQg5iegrqyeA NMC: NK1773Rzv8b4ugmCgX789PbjewA9fL9Dy1 LTC: LKi773RBuPepQH8E6Zb1ponoCvgbU7hHmd EMC: EK1773RxUes1HX1YAGMZ1xVYBBRUCqfDoF BQC: bK1773R1APJz4yTgRkmdKQhjhiMyQpJgfN
Keyare

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 02:43:16 AM

New ICO?  New icon?

Lol! Yes to both!
dadingsda
Legendary

Activity: 1310

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 08:35:45 AM

seriosuly?

ICO = NOT Icon!

https://coinforum.ca/discussion/2538/beware-ipo-ico-ito-and-crowdfunding-offerings

Roll Eyes

INVALID BBCODE: close of unopened tag in table (1)
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 09:17:56 AM

seriosuly?

ICO = NOT Icon!

Scary that a coder see's an 'n', when there wasn't one!!  Undecided
Keyare

View Profile
September 17, 2015, 12:01:58 AM

Thanks for your replies dev team. The requirement to have 1 mil SYS to get slack project info seems a bit counterproductive to price support and investor portfolio allocation IMO though. Those with less than 1 mill SYS don't know what is really going on from either BTC or Slack general channel which might be reason investors with only a few hundred thousand have been dumping. But good luck and I hope you do really well with it.

Hi Jack, thanks for the support!
I guess our marketing is not clear enough. 
There is no requirement to have 1 mill sys to get project info, everyone gets the team notes soon after the Team Calls and everyone is welcome to join Slack without any requirements at all.  Millionaires club gets a little more input into the direction of the team as you get to toss around ideas and test some software before it becomes public, serious investors deserve some input after all, but the actual project info is available here on BCT (ok sometimes we're slow to post here), Reddit and in Syscoin.Slack#General.  We used to discuss ideas on IRC, and BCT but it was quite prone to trolling. If you have any questions we're quicker to answer on Slack than here, but feel free to post them here. If something doesn't seem clear, it's probably because we're still working on it Smiley
K.

mishax1
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1017

View Profile
September 18, 2015, 08:24:56 AM

Whats new with the Mintpal case ?
sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2015, 01:10:19 AM

Whats new with the Mintpal case ?

We have nothing to do with the mintpal case, we are in litigation against Moolah and Ryan Kennedy who also happens to have a case with Ferdous Bhai from Mintpal but I really have no idea what happened or is happening with that case. We are still in litigation, there's nothing that we can publicly release at this moment but it is advancing.

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2015, 09:02:43 PM
Last edit: September 20, 2015, 09:14:32 PM by sebastien1234

Team Call Notes - Sept 20, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/3lpw9y/team_call_notes_sept_20_2015/

Team notes from the google hangout on reddit.

SYS2 Development

• Team discussing crowdsale specifics / development timeline in respect to crowdsale
  • Focusing on SYS dev
  • Researching/working with DApps in order to continue ramping up dev knowledge for creating the DApps that will constitute SYS2

• Shade wallet is in testing pegging working correctly as is peg-updating- working on cosmetic UI items and some additional convenience RPC calls
  • Windows build script has been acting up impeding testing- need to investigate
  • Wallet enhancements being made to ensure that delivery includes everything needed for end 2 end item purchasing and delivery/fulfillment
  • Syscoin Shade/Blockmarket/Blockmarket API timeline developed and website being updated to reflect these updates
  • Working on pegging-updater script - will run 24/7 ensuring that all conversion values are accurate, testing on cakenet alongside Shade testing
  • Shade will use volume-weighted average in price pegging
  • Shade will leverage a dynamic fee mechanism to account for price fluctuation relative to using SYS services such as the marketplace, aliases, etc.
  • All SYS services under Shade will last for 1yr; Updating the entity will add an additional year of 'valid' time on the chain
  • This hard fork will invalidate any existing 'valid' services on the chain such - in our scan of the chain we found very few active service entries
Marketing/Communication

• Further discussion of SYS2 branding, logo and sub brands for various applications being launched by the new collective
  • Purchased domain name for new brand name
  • Base website for SYS2 has been developed
  • Discussed crowdsale platform
  • Discussing marketing strategy around Shade release and how best to roll it into the SYS2 marketing push
  • Lining up merchants for the Shade launch so that marketplace
  • We are still discussing the crowdsale format and the percentage allocation; we made progress on the plan for both current SYS holders and for new investment but are not yet ready to publicize those plans.
  • Discussing paying early adopter merchants and resellers using the SYS network for listing items rewarding them with a bonus in SYS for listing valid items (valid sales required)
  • SYS Shade roadmap published to MC, will be made public on website this week ASAP

sebastien1234

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2015, 02:46:37 AM

Team Call Notes - Sept 27, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/SysCoin/comments/3ms95e/team_call_notes_sept_27_2015/

Team notes from the google hangout on reddit.

SYS2 Development

• Coderboo is testing the ins and outs of dapp programming and determining the best way to tackle our requirements.

• Sidhujag has finished preliminary testing, some minor bugs are currently being ironed-out; ie: Need to update fees with aliases, should be relatively a quick fix.
  • Dan has been testing as well, providing feedback
  • Initial Beta testing will be opened to the Syscoin Millionaire's club once internal testing has completed.
  • Currently troubleshooting a windows build issue which when it will be resolved, will be able to open up a much broader audience for testing.

Marketing/Communication

• Mike is working on website for SYS2, looks good initially but is a work-in-progress.
  • Releasing initial naming/graphics to the Syscoin Millionaires club for comments/suggestions.

Pages: « 1 ... 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 [219] 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 »
  Print  

Jump to: