Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 02:40:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mini Rig announcement by Butterfly Labs - 25gh/s  (Read 34181 times)
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:07:37 AM

Does anyone actually own one of these things? I'd love to buy one or two of them if I could actually see what they look like and get a detailed breakdown of whats inside.

None have shipped so far they claim that the reason they have shipped so few of the single units over the last couple of weeks is to work on getting these out the door plus they supposedly have big ASIC announcement due on the 15th of June that makes these machines obsolete.

Dillgaf, nobody ever said such a thing.  Quite the opposite, actually.  We have two distinctly separate production lines.  The singles are shipping in volume again and have been for some time.  

Believe it was BFL-engineer who said that in one of the threads and if by volume you mean next to no one on this board reporting much for shipping of their singles to them then yeah you must be shipping tons of them.

Mr. FUD at it again.

Are the only people who mine BTC registered on the forums? Do they all have to register here before they can install the bitcoin client? Do you have BFL's client list and know that only people registered on the forums buy singles or mini rigs?

You would be wise to moderate yourself. If you need to take your anger out on someone, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Bitter little troll yet again eh? Well it is certainly not FUD that you are not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have and I notice did not reply to that question when I asked it, again just another chime in to spread your personal attack on me once more.

If you create an asset and sell X Ymh/s bonds, and don't actually have any mining hardware but still pay out what you should, who cares?

Also,
not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have
Double negative, so you're arguing against yourself Tongue

Well the people who should care are the fools who are paying themselves with their own money/btc until it runs out..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:15:59 AM

Well the people who should care are the fools who are paying themselves with their own money/btc until it runs out..
Which it won't, since there is actually hardware. Are you willfully ignorant?
Don't bother answering that, because it is obvious that you aren't comprehending a whole lot here.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
DILLIGAF

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2012, 04:30:07 AM

Which it won't, since there is actually hardware. Are you willfully ignorant?
Don't bother answering that, because it is obvious that you aren't comprehending a whole lot here.

As of this moment and for the last two months there has been no hardware, when you are supposed to be paying a bond on 100gh/s (as it was originally) out of that hashing power and you don't have that power working for you then you are not doing what is required of the bond. It is you who are being willfully ignorant your lack of comprehension of that simple fact is stunning in its lack of any reasonable basis to make that claim.
mrb
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1027

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:41:41 PM

Bitter little troll yet again eh? Well it is certainly not FUD that you are not paying your bonds out of a 200gh/s farm which you don't have and I notice did not reply to that question when I asked it, again just another chime in to spread your personal attack on me once more.

If you create an asset and sell X Ymh/s bonds, and don't actually have any mining hardware but still pay out what you should, who cares?

That's called a Ponzi scheme. See how well it turned out for Madoff and Stanford Smiley

* mrb chuckles
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2012, 04:52:01 PM

Talk is cheap.

1l1l11ll1l
Legendary

Activity: 1274

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 12:19:45 AM

Does anyone actually own one of these things? I'd love to buy one or two of them if I could actually see what they look like and get a detailed breakdown of whats inside.

None have shipped so far they claim that the reason they have shipped so few of the single units over the last couple of weeks is to work on getting these out the door plus they supposedly have big ASIC announcement due on the 15th of June that makes these machines obsolete.

Dildogaf, nobody ever said such a thing.  Quite the opposite, actually.  We have two distinctly separate production lines.  The singles are shipping in volume again and have been for some time.  

Believe it was BFL-engineer who said that in one of the threads and if by volume you mean next to no one on this board reporting much for shipping of their singles to them then yeah you must be shipping tons of them.

Mr. FUD at it again.

Are the only people who mine BTC registered on the forums? Do they all have to register here before they can install the bitcoin client? Do you have BFL's client list and know that only people registered on the forums buy singles or mini rigs?

You would be wise to moderate yourself. If you need to take your anger out on someone, maybe you should look in the mirror.

Also,

I love my BFL Singles, but I have to say, I hope they're planning a late night announcement, or at least announce that the announcement is delayed.

BFL (OP)

Activity: 217

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 02:10:53 AM

Dildogaf, nobody ever said such a thing.  Quite the opposite, actually.  We have two distinctly separate production lines.  The singles are shipping in volume again and have been for some time.  

Mr. FUD at it again.

Also,

I love my BFL Singles, but I have to say, I hope they're planning a late night announcement, or at least announce that the announcement is delayed.

I'm glad to hear you're happy with your purchase.  

Yes, we'll be posting more information about the SC products later on tonight.  At the moment we're packing first run Mini Rigs after having completed initialization of the production line.  Here are some photos:

http://www.butterflylabs.com/mini-rig-production-line/

Butterfly Labs  -  www.butterflylabs.com  -  Bitcoin Mining Hardware
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:22:55 AM

WTG on the power - under spec!

No close-up of the LCD display?!?

BFL (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 02:33:02 AM

WTG on the power - under spec!

No close-up of the LCD display?!?

Sorry...

Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:33:57 AM

Oooh very nice BFL.  Well done.

Edit: Now I just wish I was rich. Cry

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:35:55 AM

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
BFL (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 02:37:18 AM

Oooh very nice BFL.  Well done.

Thanks.  I should point out that the screen info is only showing the performance spec as a 'demo screen' when the unit isn't plugged into anything.  However, the good news is that the unit is actually faster than that spec by 1 gh/s and under original spec power by a little over 100w.

Garr255
Legendary

Activity: 938

What's a GPU?

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:44:46 AM
Last edit: June 16, 2012, 02:56:57 AM by Garr255

Oooh very nice BFL.  Well done.

Edit: Now I just wish I was rich. Cry

I'll help contribute toward your Mini Rig fund Wink

I'd like to buy 10 of your atx Single plugs. (Sending a PM)

“First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”  -- Mahatma Gandhi

Average time between signing on to bitcointalk: Two weeks. Please don't expect responses any faster than that!
rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 02:55:51 AM

BFL, one thing that I noticed in a different thread/pics was that there appeared to be 4 posts (threaded rod?) up the middle, presumably for structural reasons. Is there a handle of some kind on top, that perhaps mounts to those? I can't tell very well from the pictures. Additionally, I believe another user wanted to know the approximate weight.

BFL (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 02:57:18 AM

BFL, one thing that I noticed in a different thread/pics was that there appeared to be 4 posts (threaded rod?) up the middle, presumably for structural reasons. Is there a handle of some kind on top, that perhaps mounts to those? I can't tell very well from the pictures. Additionally, I believe another user wanted to know the approximate weight.

No handle - just under 50lb

rjk

1ngldh

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 03:01:56 AM

Wow! I wonder what the Rig Box would have weighed. Grin

BFL (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 16, 2012, 03:05:19 AM

Wow! I wonder what the Rig Box would have weighed. Grin

The enclosure is the same minus an extra PSU...   the top portions are empty cavity....  but weight would have been about 80lb or so.  There's lots and lots of aluminum in there to keep things cool.

farfie

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 07:34:31 AM

The enclosure is the same minus an extra PSU...   the top portions are empty cavity....  but weight would have been about 80lb or so.  There's lots and lots of aluminum in there to keep things cool.

Soooo.. about how many mini rigs are you putting out initially?  Grin These things look great.. excellent job all around. And even a bit better than spec.  Shocked
Luke-Jr
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:38:50 PM

FWIW, BFGMiner 2.4.3 has some very basic support for the MiniRig now. Hoping to have completely updated drivers to take advantage of the MiniRig better in the next version (and also in CGMiner), but this should be enough to get miners going for now.

somenick
Legendary

Activity: 1286
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 16, 2012, 01:42:04 PM

what dimensions?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: