Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 09:10:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Phoenix 2 Miner v2.0.0  (Read 201496 times)
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 25, 2012, 12:08:55 AM

Wrote the config file based on the example DOC and the main phoenix 2 thread and still not working, starts up and shows [DISCONNECTED]

phoenix is very confusing imho.  unless you have the 5000 series, I wouldn't bother with it.

M

Not really... i pretty much copy pasted the config and made a few changes based on how i want to mine, voila, runs fine..

config for one of my miners. user/pass is redacted

I'm using phoenix 2.0 successfully with four 5870s.  It took a bit to work as the sample config didn't work and the documentation is lacking.  Plus the output is horrible.. gives you very little info.  cgminer is worlds better imho.  The only reason I'm using phoenix is it appears to give me a better hashrate than cgminer does on my 5870s, although I'm not convinced it's not lying to me.  Every pool I've pointed it to gives me a lower reading thatn phoenix does.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
purelithium

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 01:44:57 AM

Any plans to support FPGA boards?

Also, when I try to start CPU mining, I get a "Fatal Error: Failed to load OpenCL kernel" I checked and it's there in the plugins folder.

Thanks! Love the software!

Like my post? 1H7bfRYh7F89mfmFgsRCdn4awDaUHQmYqY
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2012, 02:20:30 AM

Any plans to support FPGA boards?

Also, when I try to start CPU mining, I get a "Fatal Error: Failed to load OpenCL kernel" I checked and it's there in the plugins folder.

Thanks! Love the software!

I'm not sure this is supported anymore.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
gochk

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2012, 03:19:29 PM

how exactly do I configure this? Using ubuntu 10.10 (or was it 10.04 - can't remember) LTS; download the source, extract it to my directory. Navigate to the folder with ./phoenix.py with terminal. Issue command ./phoenix.py -u .... like my previous version 1.75. Came back with an error saying missing -u

thks!
dani

Activity: 525
Merit: 500

..yeah

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 01:29:06 PM

is there any way to set the gpu/mem clock and the voltage via some flag/command?
cant find a way to overclock under win7 without tools..

Hai
ssateneth
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 23, 2012, 09:01:18 PM

is there any way to set the gpu/mem clock and the voltage via some flag/command?

Not with phoenix. Phoenix is strictly a miner. No eyecandy or extras. Just a miner.

lodcrappo

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 28, 2012, 05:51:57 AM

Does anyone know the current status of this project?

I maintain a usb based linux distro tailored for mining farms.  We have always used phoenix as the preferred miner, and added support for phoenix 2 long ago.  Both are great clients, they do one thing and they do it very well.

However, it seems like nothing is happening over here... am I wrong?  I hope so.  Any plans to do FPGA/asic support? That's become a much requested feature.

Thanks for any guidance.  We are releasing a new version shortly so need to make some decisions on miners to include and how to present them.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
September 03, 2012, 10:09:38 AM

Not with phoenix. Phoenix is strictly a miner. No eyecandy or extras. Just a miner.

Can this miner work with proxies? I'm behind a firewall.

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2012, 08:45:56 PM
Last edit: September 11, 2012, 09:11:16 PM by slush

Hello,

any chance to add support for Stratum mining protocol?

http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining

Two pool are already supporting it (me and BtcGuild) and maybe other will join us, because that improvement against "getwork" is significant. Pools supporting Stratum have X-Stratum header in getwork response, so it is easy to switch to Stratum protocol transparently, without changing credentials/host/port by the user.

There are three ways how to integrate this stuff:

a) Startup stratum proxy as a separate process which will listen on some localhost port for getwork requests. Current Stratum proxy can handle this pretty easily.

b) Reimplement stratum protocol into the miner. It isn't too much difficult if you've already some experience with handling block headers and hashing.

c) This is the most likely solution for Python miners and especially these running on Twisted. I can add the feature to the proxy, that it will be able to run as a library. Potential interface would be extremely easy and if you already knows Phoenix internals, integration should be a matter of few minutes. Pseudo code looks like this:

Code:
import mining_proxy

def on_new_template_callback(p, is_new_block):
    print "New template is ready"
    if is_new_block:
        print "New block on network detected, we have to drop current work"
    p.getwork()

# This will peform getwork call and detects X-Stratum header in the response
if mining_proxy.detect_stratum(host, port):
    p = mining_proxy.MiningProxy(host, port, on_new_template_callback)

p.getwork()
    p.submit(blockheader)
else:

# ....

What do you think about this? I'm not familiar with the Phoenix, but if I'll provide native Twisted library with such API, are you going to integrate it?

The major improvement in all this stuff is that proxy is producing block headers locally, so getwork() responses are *really* *really* fast. Also the network layer is improved significantly, so you need only up to 10kB/minute of bandwidth even for 18ExaHash/s (10**18) rigs.

lodcrappo

Activity: 616
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 12, 2012, 04:11:35 AM

Hello,

any chance to add support for Stratum mining protocol?

best bet is to just add the support for the features you'd like directly, it is open source after all.   I think the original devs on phoenix have found other things to interest them for now, no commits in many months. 

slush
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1097

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2012, 10:24:26 AM

Actually I don't want to became a miner developer, it's over my time capabilities. Maintaining a fork of miners with stratum protocol is quite overhead, accepting a simple patch by the mainline would be much easier, obviously.

ditchmagnet

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2012, 07:26:34 PM
Last edit: September 14, 2012, 07:57:27 PM by ditchmagnet

When I try to run phoenix I get "Couldn't connect to server, retrying..."

What can I do to fix this?

Here is my cfg minus user/pass

Code:
[general]
verbose = True
backend = http://user:pass@pool.bitlc.net:80

[cl:0:0]
name = GPU
kernel = phatk2
AGGRESSION = 11
VECTORS = true
BFI_INT = true
WORKSIZE = 128

I have tried with another pool as well.  And they are working in guiminer.  I want to see if I get better results using just phoenix instead of using phoenix through guiminer.  I get 5-10mh/s less using phoenix through guiminer than poclbm through guiminer.
DrHaribo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1034

Needs more jiggawatts

View Profile WWW
October 12, 2012, 07:28:53 PM

Phoenix 2 is spamming the wrong password 10 times per second, just like Phoenix 1. Maybe you can fix that?

▶▶▶ bitminter.com 2011-2020 ▶▶▶ pool.xbtodigital.io 2023-
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
October 13, 2012, 12:19:35 AM

Phoenix 2 is spamming the wrong password 10 times per second, just like Phoenix 1. Maybe you can fix that?

I think phoenix support is dead.

RIP.

M

zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 01:53:48 PM

it'd have to be multiple instances for it to be 10 times per second

one computer with 3 cards running w/ wrong settings could possibly do it (assuming it's not deliberate and just some guy running x instances of phoenix all on the same card)
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2012, 01:54:34 PM

Only just tried this one seems simple and light weight to use and simple enough to use too. However no support for it no development (:

Someone needs to come out with a v3 and re create and bring life to it

i still use phoenix 1.7.5 with phoenix rising v1.3 from 5-31-11
D_Thomas

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 01:40:35 AM

Not having luck with Phoenix. I get the following message:

"Error: -u does not exist."

Using same user.worker info and password that works with GUIMiner. I'm running a HD 5870 GPU.

Here is what I tried:

Phoenix.exe -u http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332/ -k phatk platform=0 device=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=10 worksize=128 FASTLOOP=false

phoenix.exe -u http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332/ -k phatk2 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=4

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
kslavik

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 12:40:05 PM

Not having luck with Phoenix. I get the following message:

"Error: -u does not exist."

Using same user.worker info and password that works with GUIMiner. I'm running a HD 5870 GPU.

Here is what I tried:

Phoenix.exe -u http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332/ -k phatk platform=0 device=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=10 worksize=128 FASTLOOP=false

phoenix.exe -u http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332/ -k phatk2 DEVICE=0 VECTORS BFI_INT AGGRESSION=4

Phoenix 2.0 is using config file for the parameters, modify phoenix.cfg located in the same folder:
Just run it with no parameters.

[general]
    autodetect = +cl -cpu #Use autodetect for all OpenCL devices, except those which are CPUs.
    verbose = False #Enable verbose logging?
    backend = http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@api2.bitcoin.cz:8332
    backups = http://xxxxxx.worker1:mypassword@bitlc.com:8332/
    failback = 300 #Seconds between attempts to reconnect to primary backend when using backups. (0 to disable)
    queuesize = 2 #Target/maximum size of the queue
    queuedelay = 5 #Seconds before work expires to request more work
    statusinterval = 1 #Seconds between statusbar updates
    ratesamples = 120 #Number of samples to average for hashrate reporting
    logfile = C:\inetpub\wwwroot\phoenix\log.txt #Set this option to log to a file.
[web]
    disabled = False #Disable the RPC server?

[cl:0:0]
    autoconfigure = false #Automatically configure this device?
    kernel = phatk2 #The kernel to use for the device
    start_undetected = False #Do not start the kernel if the device is not present
    disabled = False #Disable this device?
    worksize = 256 #Work group size, tweaking this option may improve performance
    vectors = True #Use unit2 vectors? (enable this or vectors4, not both)
    vectors4 = False #Use uint4 vectors? (enable this or vectors, not both)
    vectors8 = False #Use uint4 vectors? (enable this or vectors, not both)
    bfi_int = True #Use BFI_INT instruction on ATI VLIW GPUs?
    goffset = True #Use OpenCL 1.1 global offset?
    fastloop = False #Use fast internal loop? (ideal for low aggression)
    aggression = 13 #Number of nonces to test per kernel execution (lower value = less desktop lag, higher value = higher hashrate)

[cl:1:1]
    autoconfigure = true #Automatically configure this device?

████
             ███  ███
           ████     ███
         ███  ███    ███
       ████     ███    ███
     ███  ███     ███    ███
   ████     ███     ███   ██
 ███  ███     █████████████████
███     ███     ███           ██
 ███      ███     ██          ██
   ███      ██████████      ███
     ███      ██████      ███
       ███      ██      ███
         ███          ███
           ███      ███
             ███  ███
               ████

GUTS
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

smart-ticket protocol for events
live product with market traction!
    ███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

BTC ANN
  WEBSITE
  BLOG

SANDBOX
  WHITEPAPER
  BOUNTY

D_Thomas

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 25, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2012, 06:52:25 PM by D_Thomas

I'm not sure I understand your directions. I edited the cfg file and tried it taking out the -u and also taking out the parametes after 8332. Tried using command line option too. Nothing works. I just get messages saying "does not exist". Can you provide an example? I read that the config as shown in the directions don't work with the 5870 but have no more details to go by.

I was trying another one and got poclbm to work using command line. Trying to see if I can find something faster than GUIMiner I am using now. But poclbm has same speed on my 5870 of ~270 MH/s slightly overclocked running from command line as running it from GUIMiner.

Thanks!

For random acts of kindness donations to me:
1NXNnVYnfmgWUyzGCsngbwyHQbSJGV4wCV
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2012, 12:32:51 AM

I'm not sure I understand your directions. I edited the cfg file and tried it taking out the -u and also taking out the parametes after 8332. Tried using command line option too. Nothing works. I just get messages saying "does not exist". Can you provide an example? I read that the config as shown in the directions don't work with the 5870 but have no more details to go by.

I was trying another one and got poclbm to work using command line. Trying to see if I can find something faster than GUIMiner I am using now. But poclbm has same speed on my 5870 of ~270 MH/s slightly overclocked running from command line as running it from GUIMiner.

Thanks!

I found phoenix 2.0 to be thoroughly confusing.  The UI was awful as well.  I was glad to stop using it when I sold all my 5870s.

M

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: