Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 10:08:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why are you interested in Bitcoin?
I like the concept - 41 (18%)
To get rich - 20 (8.8%)
Both - 161 (70.6%)
Other - 6 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 228

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you interested in Bitcoin because of the concept or to get rich?  (Read 9600 times)
BigNewsCrews

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:58:04 AM

I have a new challenge instead of the ice bucket challenge, I challenge someone to start implementing some of my ideas across the world to make it a better place for everyone since I feel everyone I talk to in real life just thinks that I am crazy when I talk about this stuff because I am poor and do not own a suit or some fancy piece paper that shows I went to some fancy school.

1. Make all police wear cameras (this can help them in court for there cases they should want this if they are decent officers)

2. Make a system to Vote on issues instead of, voting on people to vote for you then having them be bought out by a rich evil family's

3. I know this one is hard but bitcoin has brought us much closer to it, end fiat as we know it and make a currency that is fair and secure that cannot be bought out by the fiat whales, Perhaps get the united nations on board with a new currency that everyone mines from birth using the health cards,dna,fingerprint or something and everyone gets a certain amount and biased off your own personal GDP. I have many ideas on how to make this work and not only the people but the bankers should hear it out why not make the system fair? the whole system!

1PGG6sfw5xjrDC7fN63c8LQiwfZVoAsLcn
arbitrage001
Legendary

Activity: 1067
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:06:47 AM

I notice that most new users are here looking for ways to get rich off of Bitcoin. It's like Steve Jobs and his buddies created the personal computer, took all the risk and got the company running, started making big money and now people are buying the computer and sitting in front of it waiting for it to make them rich too.

Have you read the white paper?

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Do you understand the whole point of Bitcoin and what it does for the world? Or are you just hearing about early adopters making a lot of money and you want to buy some bitcoins now so you can sell it later for more money and go back to your fiat world a richer person (though poorer in the long run for living in a fiat economy)?

Incentive is the reason why people do what they do.

I doubt anyone is here because they want to make the world a better place being the only reason. Being an idealist doesn't put food on the table.
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

Probably both, bitcoin is the future but it's also a nice way to invest my money.

90% of forum users are in both. Some are just for profit other are collecting it in hope that one day BTC will wort at least 100K.

I personally use BTC to trade, buy and withdraw when I'm low on cash.

My prime is saving and investment on some new coins. Sometimes a got some and sometimes a loose that the way it goes.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

promojo

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:20:02 AM

Probably both, bitcoin is the future but it's also a nice way to invest my money.

90% of forum users are in both. Some are just for profit other are collecting it in hope that one day BTC will wort at least 100K.

I personally use BTC to trade, buy and withdraw when I'm low on cash.

My prime is saving and investment on some new coins. Sometimes a got some and sometimes a loose that the way it goes.

Where do you buy your BTC or altcoins from?  You do direct wire transfers to the exchanges?
whysosweet

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:21:34 AM

Like most of the users, I'm in this forum for both the concept and to get rich (or trying to).
catlinhappy

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 08:31:39 AM

I am into BTC basically because i see it as the future of exchange of goods and services while performing its function enriches the participators.

BIT-Sharon

Activity: 266

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:09:07 AM

I notice that most new users are here looking for ways to get rich off of Bitcoin. It's like Steve Jobs and his buddies created the personal computer, took all the risk and got the company running, started making big money and now people are buying the computer and sitting in front of it waiting for it to make them rich too.

Have you read the white paper?

https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf

Do you understand the whole point of Bitcoin and what it does for the world? Or are you just hearing about early adopters making a lot of money and you want to buy some bitcoins now so you can sell it later for more money and go back to your fiat world a richer person (though poorer in the long run for living in a fiat economy)?

I am interested in Bitcoin because of its concept and potential value. Both are what I care, and it never make me disappointed.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 09:17:28 AM

i like the concept, the ideology, the tech and because of all these things, also the investment in it.

i read the whitepaper and alot of satoshis posts.

Mars not Moon

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 09:52:52 AM

Bitcoin is a great long term investment, if you are newbie and can't understand market variablity, then long term investments such as bitcoins are a way to go.
oceans

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:03:34 AM

I guess in a way most people are here because of the get rich reason however the whole concept of bitcoin is what brought people here and got people interested in bitcoin in the first place. I myself like the idea of getting rich from bitcoin however I would much rather invest in bitcoin and allow it to stay stored rather than changing it back over to fiat and being all rich in a world with bad economy.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 10:48:54 AM

i choose both Cheesy
i like the bitcoin concept
and of course i can be rich from bitcoin

most of people didn't know about bitcoin
so if i know first i get the advantage
mustang77

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:38:13 PM

Both of course.
blatchcorn

Activity: 952
Merit: 281

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 01:55:02 PM

Wow.  No one is here just to get rich  Cheesy
blacksails

Activity: 294

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:42:06 PM

Wow.  No one is here just to get rich  Cheesy
No one here is willing to admit that they are here only for the money.
Even though it's pretty obvious many are.
TPN

Activity: 193
Merit: 100

How did it get so late, so soon?

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:45:54 PM

Let's say both.
promojo

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 06:51:15 PM

I don't think there are people on here that would hide the fact that they are here only for the money... after all there are many ugly trolls in here and this is an Internet based forum.  People talk a lot of SH*T - if you know what I am saying Smiley

dKingston

Activity: 482
Merit: 500

LAUNDER BITCOIN: https://BitLaunder.com

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:05:42 PM

I'll be honest. I'm interested in Bitcoin because I need some money,
but not to become rich that isn't the aim, I only want some money
 to travel and to visit the world.

LAUNDER & ANONYMIZE YOUR BITCOIN:
https://www.BitLaunder.com/?aid=41
azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:39:48 AM

I am into BTC basically because i see it as the future of exchange of goods and services while performing its function enriches the participators.

This is true in several year i think that most of global companies also accept any crypto.
And for purchase i think that will most of high ranking sites do the same in several years not just few for now.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

promojo

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 04:43:00 AM

i like the concept, the ideology, the tech and because of all these things, also the investment in it.

i read the whitepaper and alot of satoshis posts.

What Satoshi posts.. Have any links to share?
Watoshi-Dimobuto

Activity: 840
Merit: 524

Yes!

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 05:03:23 AM

At first use bitcoin because it is more convenient than paypal. Paypal can freeze your money anytime. I like the concept decentralized. But who's here don't want to be rich.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: