Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 02:56:06 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Why are you interested in Bitcoin?
I like the concept - 41 (18%)
To get rich - 20 (8.8%)
Both - 161 (70.6%)
Other - 6 (2.6%)
Total Voters: 228

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are you interested in Bitcoin because of the concept or to get rich?  (Read 9600 times)
bajlox

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:32:06 AM

I'm just going to hold my bitcoin until it reaches $1m.

Then I could retire on my own

Good luck i will retire when i gather 30 btc im off then.

But i will take some time

Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 10:40:41 AM

What about businesses and online retailers though?  What do you think their thoughts are?   More so new customer traction due to bitcoin?   hoarding coins?  to gain more profit for product sales?

What do you mean? For businesses bitcoins are fantastic, as they can't get scammed and they don't have to pay any fees for accepting them. They don't lose anything for offering customers to pay with them.
Unfortunately 90% of businesses accepting Bitcoin are doing it for the publicity

What's wrong with that? That's also very good for the currency, we need it to be known so more people start looking for more information about it.
richardramirez9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 04:32:15 PM

Bitcoin is superior to FIAT for infinite reasons, that doesnt change people want to be rich and live dat lifestyle.
Kickstart4

Activity: 67

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:15:45 PM

I like the concept that's why I do transactions in BTC. I am a short term investor and miner too Smiley
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 07:18:56 PM

if we are to be realistic here, most people on this forum are probably not wealthy.. so they are hoping bitcoin will get them some more money. forgot where i saw it, but i read an article mentioning how 7 or 8 out of 10 bitcoin articles are usually about price. let's not lie to ourselves here; the bitcoin community is not better than any other financial institution. those that value bitcoin's development over its price are probably a vast minority.
Jay Gatsby

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 11:01:55 PM

Both. This is the most interesting thing I've ever came across. Everyday I'm intrigued.
Victoo

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:58:05 AM

At first, I was interested in Bitcoin because thought maybe someday it would make me rich but as I started to know about it more I am liking the concept of decentralised cryptocurrencies very much.
BitcoinZombie

Activity: 44

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:27:05 AM

to get rich absolutely everybody want it,
but with bitcoin with cryptocurrency we just begin new era of e-currency with large network inside.  Roll Eyes
btwbtc

Activity: 2

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:59:21 AM

to get rich absolutely everybody want it,
but with bitcoin with cryptocurrency we just begin new era of e-currency with large network inside.  Roll Eyes

Ive been reading a lot lately and Im still a bit hesitant about entering the serious business of bitcoin
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:12:57 AM

i like the concept
but i regret because i didnt care about this at first  Sad

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
UnitedColors

Activity: 56

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:16:25 AM

I know Bitcoin not gonna make me rich, i happen to be pretty bad at trading and stuff. Or it's just my "luck".
gelar24

Activity: 182
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:55:14 AM

I am very interested, because bitcoin can quickly make a person rich if he is diligent and smart look for it, because they can just sit there like a rich office workers alone: D
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

Both. And I believe that 99% of the guys here are like me.

Initially I was attracted to Bitcoin and other forms of crypto, because of my hatred towards exploitative companies such as Paypal, Visa, Master, Western Union.etc and towards the bankers. Initially I had bought Bitcoins for just $10 apiece. Gave me handsome returns, although I never expected it. My only disappointment is that I didn't bought a lot of them in the fist place.
QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:53:51 AM

I started using it for tax evasion and drugs so I guess you could say I'm here for the concept. jk

The word rich has different meanings to different people. Some people think it means enough money to never work again - early retirement (that's where I am now). Others want to be able to jet around the world spending thousands of dollars a day and buy anything they want without worrying about the price.

I don't think it will be possible for Bitcoin to make any of even the early adopters rich like Paris Hilton in their lifetimes. Oh sure, the founders of Bitcoin are rich if the market grows from it's current like 6 billion cap to maybe a 6 trillion cap. Then they might be able to do one of two things - jet set around the world spending Bitcoin everywhere they go or cash out enough Bitcoin to jet set around the world without crashing the price back to a penny. That's not going to happen over night, or this year, or this decade. If the early adopters are very lucky and Bitcoin survives they might see it happen in their lifetime. I'm beginning to think there are no practical people using Bitcoin at all. Everyone always parrots that Bitcoin went over $1,000 and can do it again. Yeah, ok let's all sell the minute it reaches $1,200 again. Oops, that's what caused it to not be over a thousand anymore.

Bitcoin needs slow exponential growth in the number of people using it as cash before it's going to have a stable steady growth in price and a large enough cap to be able to allow early adopters to cash out. Don't get me wrong. I'm very pleased that there are hippies in Finland buying waffles at a restaurant with Bitcoin. I'm glad you can buy a Lamborghini with Bitcoin. Everything that's happened so far is great but we need people paying their everyday bills directly in Bitcoin. I want to go to Safeway and buy my groceries with it. I want my local power company to let me pay them directly in Bitcoin. When I get a parking ticket I want to pay it online with Bitcoin. When that happens early adopters can start spending their coin directly and be rich.

If you're 15-25 years old and just coming to Bitcoin because you want to be rich you're outa luck. It ain't gonna happen for you unless you run out and buy 10,000 of them and wait out the years of growth. If you hate the strangle hold that governments have over the finances of their subjects and want to watch that grip slowly erode away as the decades pass. Welcome, you've come to the right place.

azguard
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1001

Crypto-News.net: News from Crypto World

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 08:46:57 AM

I started using it for tax evasion and drugs so I guess you could say I'm here for the concept. jk

The word rich has different meanings to different people. Some people think it means enough money to never work again - early retirement (that's where I am now). Others want to be able to jet around the world spending thousands of dollars a day and buy anything they want without worrying about the price.

I don't think it will be possible for Bitcoin to make any of even the early adopters rich like Paris Hilton in their lifetimes. Oh sure, the founders of Bitcoin are rich if the market grows from it's current like 6 billion cap to maybe a 6 trillion cap. Then they might be able to do one of two things - jet set around the world spending Bitcoin everywhere they go or cash out enough Bitcoin to jet set around the world without crashing the price back to a penny. That's not going to happen over night, or this year, or this decade. If the early adopters are very lucky and Bitcoin survives they might see it happen in their lifetime. I'm beginning to think there are no practical people using Bitcoin at all. Everyone always parrots that Bitcoin went over $1,000 and can do it again. Yeah, ok let's all sell the minute it reaches $1,200 again. Oops, that's what caused it to not be over a thousand anymore.

Bitcoin needs slow exponential growth in the number of people using it as cash before it's going to have a stable steady growth in price and a large enough cap to be able to allow early adopters to cash out. Don't get me wrong. I'm very pleased that there are hippies in Finland buying waffles at a restaurant with Bitcoin. I'm glad you can buy a Lamborghini with Bitcoin. Everything that's happened so far is great but we need people paying their everyday bills directly in Bitcoin. I want to go to Safeway and buy my groceries with it. I want my local power company to let me pay them directly in Bitcoin. When I get a parking ticket I want to pay it online with Bitcoin. When that happens early adopters can start spending their coin directly and be rich.

If you're 15-25 years old and just coming to Bitcoin because you want to be rich you're outa luck. It ain't gonna happen for you unless you run out and buy 10,000 of them and wait out the years of growth. If you hate the strangle hold that governments have over the finances of their subjects and want to watch that grip slowly erode away as the decades pass. Welcome, you've come to the right place.

Well said. Agree on all that you said especially last thing get rich quick.
That is not gonna happen for newcomers any time soon.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄██████████████████▄
       ▄████████████████████████▄
 ▄▄  ▄████████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████████████▄
 ▀▀█████████████████████████████████▄
   ██████████████████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀██████████████████████████████▀
     ▀▀██████████████████████████▀
        ▀██████████████████████▀
           ▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀

zedicus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1004

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 09:36:26 AM

I'm surprised by the results. I was expecting the 'to get rich' option to be out in front. Maybe people are being too modest? Tongue If you look around on this forum, it is mostly about wealth creation (speculation, alts etc) so I would assume that most people are in btc to get rich imo.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Timetwister
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1047

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

Being able to buy 10 000 already means being rich. At least in the first sense of not having to work.
ObscureBean
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2014, 10:11:14 AM

I like the concept and the real world implications, regular payment processors are so restrictive. It's too late to try and get rich from Bitcoin. Sure it could go up to $10k in 10 years but you would still need to invest a considerable amount of money right now and wait. The guys who got into Bitcoin in 2009-2010 are the only ones who truly made a lot money without risking anything. I'm still kicking myself in that regard  Cheesy I love reading news online while at work and Bitcoin popped up a few times in 2010 but I never even bothered reading about it  Cry
CliveK

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 10:30:07 AM

I think the concept is revolutionary in that it is pretty disruptive to a good few industries.

I like the idea of a public ledger, and would love to see triple entry accounting implemented in governments that should answer to the tax payers who employs government to run the country.  Perhaps sometimes they forget they are publicly elected officials. A more open banking industry would really instill more confidence.

From a banking industry point of view, I will never forget the now famous quote from Thomas Jefferson, and I am not an American:"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."

Bitcoin has taken the concept of crytocurrency to new heights, and wonder what is next.

From a money point of view, I doubt I will make money from this, mining has moved from my PC mining while I am not using it to Datacentres running of hyrdo electric power in cold climates on new ASIC hardware, pretty hard to compete with my Rockminer unless I buy 1000 of them and pray for a miracle.
OperationMortar

Activity: 16

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 12:34:43 PM

Are you interested in Bitcoin because of the concept or to get rich?
To get rich. Yes i am doing it to get rich. The chance of becoming a rich guy is what keeps economy going. Doesn't anybody understand that?  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: