Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 10:15:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I visited BFL, any questions ?  (Read 14832 times)
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 03:29:34 PM

Trying to order a Mini-Rig, they have sent me very lousy bank details, when I tell them I need SWIFT number and IBAN number for Internatinal transfer, they say the have no idea what these are.

I have doubt about trusting these people now.
North American banks don't use IBAN numbers. At least for mine, you concat the institution number, transit number and account number together, not necessarily in that order. That's not a BFL think, it's just an issue sending wires between Europe and NA. They should know what a SWIFT number is though, although that is sometimes labeled differently here. My bank calls the SWIFT number the BIC.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 03:35:15 PM

As far as shipping dates goes, they seem to be hitting their targets lately, they are saying 15 weeks on MR's, which puts you into August, so we'll see if they are accurate there.
They haven't hit any of the shipping targets yet... they're still shipping out January orders, haven't even touched the February orders.  All of the units have been shipped > 6 weeks after being ordered thus far.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 03:37:43 PM

Trying to order a Mini-Rig, they have sent me very lousy bank details, when I tell them I need SWIFT number and IBAN number for Internatinal transfer, they say the have no idea what these are.

You should be fine with the details provided by BFL. My payment went smoothly and bank's staff knew how to process it without SWIFT or IBAN.

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Vbs

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 04:03:22 PM

North American banks don't use IBAN numbers. At least for mine, you concat the institution number, transit number and account number together, not necessarily in that order. That's not a BFL think, it's just an issue sending wires between Europe and NA. They should know what a SWIFT number is though, although that is sometimes labeled differently here. My bank calls the SWIFT number the BIC.
^ This.

NA Banks don't use IBAN/SWIFT, they use a Clearing Code and/or Fedwire/ABA code.
Turbor
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

BitMinter

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2012, 05:34:49 PM
Last edit: April 12, 2012, 09:05:47 PM by Turbor

^ This.

NA Banks don't use IBAN/SWIFT, they use a Clearing Code and/or Fedwire/ABA code.

They do use SWIFT codes ! Here the information i got from Sonny:

Bank name: XXX
Bank address: XXX
Swift:  XXX
ABA / Routing: XXX
Account Name: XXX
Account Number: XXX
Account Address: XXX

If you call that lousy you have no idea !

Edit: Account information removed on request of BFL

ice_chill

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:41:14 PM

What about their Dwolla payment option ? any draw back top using it ?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 12, 2012, 05:53:20 PM

What about their Dwolla payment option ? any draw back top using it ?
I used it, and it took a few days for them to finally receive payment from me (paid Monday, went through Friday).  Not sure if a wire would be any faster though.  And Sonny kept my original order date as my place in line, not the date when he received the funds.  So really, considering the current backorder, there's no disadvantage I can think of to using Dwolla.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 05:28:14 PM

^ This.

I received the same bank information as Turbor right before I wired $30k to BFL on March 13th, the receipt of which Sonny confirmed on March 14th.  Although I didn't need the SWIFT code, they did provide it to me.  ice_chill's claim that BFL says they don't know their bank's SWIFT number is a lie.
ice_chill

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 05:30:50 PM

^ This.

I received the same bank information as Turbor right before I wired $30k to BFL on March 13th, the receipt of which Sonny confirmed on March 14th.  Although I didn't need the SWIFT code, they did provide it to me.  ice_chill's claim that BFL says they don't know their bank's SWIFT number is a lie.

It wasn't a lie, I have received a follow up email from another person from their company with the SWIFT code, the first person that sent the email did not know it.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
April 14, 2012, 05:46:46 PM

^ This.

It wasn't a lie, I have received a follow up email from another person from their company with the SWIFT code, the first person that sent the email did not know it.

Then you should've edited your post.  My apologies.
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 15, 2012, 10:02:50 PM

So, another thread about BFL.

Have to subscribe Smiley
Brunic

Activity: 632
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2012, 04:24:23 AM

Have to subscribe Smiley

It's one of the best soap opera around here, you can't miss that.  Grin
Jaryu

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:22:41 AM

I will take you up on that bet, DT.  Absolutely. Order that single today and and show me a receipt of the order and we'll see on the 24th if you have one for free or not.

Ordered.  PM sent for receipt.

I may be the only person w/ an ordered Single which is hoping it arrives in >43 days. Smiley

I just ordered a few yesterday, was going to order 30 but decided to only order 23 for now and see, I don't want lock too much money for too long and waiting for a mini-rig 4 month wait list is too painful for me so the compromise was the singles, so hopefully after you get yours on the 24th of May or earlier I get my order by the 28th at the latest too hehe :p
Jaryu

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 04:25:30 AM

Have to subscribe Smiley

It's one of the best soap opera around here, you can't miss that.  Grin

America is the only place that I know of that actually has a continuous running soap opera going for longer than 20 years... and incredibly it's still popular... /so sad
marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 07:49:00 AM

America is the only place that I know of that actually has a continuous running soap opera going for longer than 20 years... and incredibly it's still popular... /so sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coronation_Street
Coronation Street is an English continuous drama set in Weatherfield, a fictional town in Greater Manchester[1] based on Salford. ... Coronation Street was first broadcast on 9 December 1960.

On 17 September 2010, it became the world's longest-running TV soap opera in production, after the United States soap opera As the World Turns ended.[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/EastEnders
EastEnders is a British television soap opera, first broadcast in the United Kingdom on BBC One on 19 February 1985

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neighbours
Neighbours is an Australian television soap opera. It was first broadcast on the Seven Network on 18 March 1985

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_and_Away
Home and Away is an Australian soap opera/Drama that has been produced in Sydney since July 1987 and has aired on the Seven Network since 17 January 1988

marked
Jaryu

View Profile
April 17, 2012, 02:20:41 PM

So the british not only have the worst comedy now they have the longest running soap opera... So sad : p hehe. America still has the largest number of crappy movies to make up for it ; p
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2012, 02:32:04 PM

We also have the largest number of good movies.  Well.. that and we basically own the entire movie industry for all intents and purposes.  Gotta expect some shit from the giant pile we produce.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 09:44:52 AM

We also have the largest number of good movies.  Well.. that and we basically own the entire movie industry for all intents and purposes.  Gotta expect some shit from the giant pile we produce.

Yes America does produce a giant pile of shit, but every now and then you get a nugget of gold.

ice_chill

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 11:31:39 AM

lol why has this become America vs Britain ? I would love to see a BFL type company here in Britain, but we don't have one. I am much happier dealing with a company in USA then if it was a company in China.
BlackPrapor

Activity: 628
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2012, 05:28:15 PM

lol why has this become America vs Britain ? I would love to see a BFL type company here in Britain, but we don't have one. I am much happier dealing with a company in USA then if it was a company in China.

Regardless of the design origin, almost everything is made in China.  Grin

There is no place like 127.0.0.1
In blockchain we trust
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: