Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:10:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I visited BFL, any questions ?  (Read 14832 times)
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 04:28:46 PM

It's not a side job, at least for the people I have met.  But the demand far exceeds anything they were expecting, I think.  That, coupled with the unusual requirements mining bitcoins puts on an FPGA design accounts for most of the problems people have seen so far.  There is a lot of labor that goes into assembling a single, to include the testing they do.  It's a fairly labor intensive process at this point - it will probably be streamlined at some point, but there's still the learning curve and then you throw in development of the Rigbox and a couple other bitcoin projects and there's only so much time in a day. 

Like I said in the other thread, there are far more orders that I personally have knowledge of than are reported on these forums.  That does not include anything I am not privy to, which is likely quite a bit.  I just speak from experience talking to a number of people who have placed orders that either aren't on the forum at all or do not post and only lurk. 

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 05:14:43 PM

It's not a side job, at least for the people I have met.  But the demand far exceeds anything they were expecting, I think.  That, coupled with the unusual requirements mining bitcoins puts on an FPGA design accounts for most of the problems people have seen so far.  There is a lot of labor that goes into assembling a single, to include the testing they do.  It's a fairly labor intensive process at this point - it will probably be streamlined at some point, but there's still the learning curve and then you throw in development of the Rigbox and a couple other bitcoin projects and there's only so much time in a day. 

Like I said in the other thread, there are far more orders that I personally have knowledge of than are reported on these forums.  That does not include anything I am not privy to, which is likely quite a bit.  I just speak from experience talking to a number of people who have placed orders that either aren't on the forum at all or do not post and only lurk. 

Are they working on other things?!??  Where's my popcorn?  I demand you give us the juicy dirt Inaba!   Smiley Cheesy Grin Cheesy Wink

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
SgtSpike
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 24, 2012, 05:21:39 PM

How many orders (and qtys in those orders) do you know of that aren't on the forum?
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2012, 07:39:50 PM

At least 100 singles and 7 mini rigs.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:03:28 PM

Thanks.  Wink
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 04:10:23 PM

As far as shipping dates goes, they seem to be hitting their targets lately...

Do they now? Has been 12 weeks for me already...
The LT

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2012, 04:14:00 PM

I will take you up on that bet, DT.  Absolutely. Order that single today and and show me a receipt of the order and we'll see on the 24th if you have one for free or not.

Ordered.  PM sent for receipt.

I may be the only person w/ an ordered Single which is hoping it arrives in >43 days. Smiley

Please make an epic thread about it when you win, will you? Thanks! Roll Eyes
nedbert9

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Inactive

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 04:52:53 PM

They have the most demand of ANY miner manufacturer right now, and that's not going to change for a long time.  They have a really cheap product for how much MH/s it runs.  Because demand is so high, they would likely make less money by conning everyone instead of just continuing to provide the product.  Not to mention, a multi-million dollar con would mean they'd definitely be on the run from the law and some serious investigators.  I doubt that's the position they want to be in...

I think this is a valid assumption.  The fact is that their product works.  I'm guessing they had no expectation that demand would be this great.  We don't know their profit margin, but I believe it would be MUCH more lucrative for them to grow their business as bitcoin gains traction.  I'd go so far as to say their revenue could be in the millions next year if they continue to deliver their products, even if they are late.  I appears to have worked out well for them so far, now they just need to hire a few more people to answer emails and provide tech support.

I must admit that I am still suspicious of this particular thread.  Anyone who bothered to look at the OPs post history can see that they registered a few weeks before posting, and I find it odd that someone would just book a flight for the hell of it because they just decided to buy 100k worth of bitcoin mining equipment after tinkering with some GPU miners for a short while.

I found out about Bitcoin in early March, 2 days later I found this forum, another 3 days later I placed an order for Butterfly Single, and 2 weeks later ordered MiniRig. Nothing suspicions.

I wasn't tinkering with gpu miners for a while, I was following bitcoin from the start. I'm not some random guy who stumbled upon bitcoin, I invested more money on more crazy things before.

Throw some of that cash to the OpenBitASIC project.
Boognish

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 25, 2012, 05:05:32 PM

Please make an epic thread about it when you win, will you? Thanks! Roll Eyes

I remember seeing that conversation when it happened and I'm not convinced he will win (but I hope you do D&T!!).  Even if he hasn't shown his receipt / order # to anyone at all, it is still fairly obvious when he made the order.  My guess is that it would not be hard at all to figure out who he is based on that timeslot and bump his order up a few weeks. 
Andrey

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 06:11:38 AM

...trying to answer every question you ask from emails to forums...

Isn't it just a shameful lie? Reading their faq few weeks ago I encountered this
If you need clarification on your ability to purchase our products, please contact us for review.
note the "please". Isn't it like they are asking me to contact them? So I did asked simple question and haven't heard back from them since (not an autoresponder even).

So you saying they are trying to answer every question, when they are not even responding questions they ask for is giving me doubts about your story.

ice_chill

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 09:31:01 AM

*** Someone lock this thread please it is getting very stale with BFL haters and people who envy people who have ordered from BFL.
darkice (OP)

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 12:51:35 PM

...trying to answer every question you ask from emails to forums...

Isn't it just a shameful lie? Reading their faq few weeks ago I encountered this
If you need clarification on your ability to purchase our products, please contact us for review.
note the "please". Isn't it like they are asking me to contact them? So I did asked simple question and haven't heard back from them since (not an autoresponder even).

So you saying they are trying to answer every question, when they are not even responding questions they ask for is giving me doubts about your story.

When I first decided to buy, I asked a question about singles, they answered mine after one day, then I asked a couple more and they also answered all my questions, then I decided to visit them and see it for myself before I buy, they helped me and in their busy time showed me around and answered more questions, so yes they are answering.

and I wasn't asking questions like, "are you real" or "how can I make sure you don't steal my money" , I was asking about lead time, availibility and unit dimensions, payment methods etc, if you ask them a question a customer might ask I'm sure they will be happy to answer you but if you ask them a question like "why does bla bla , when bla bla is bla bla so why should I bla bla" , I don't think they'll waste their time Smiley
Andrey

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 03:21:21 PM

I asked them about problems shipping to my country, cause they asked to "please" contact us on this question. No reply after weeks. Very impolite and discouraging.

WhitePhantom

Activity: 348

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 03:38:33 PM

I asked them about problems shipping to my country, cause they asked to "please" contact us on this question. No reply after weeks. Very impolite and discouraging.
They've always been very responsive with me.  Maybe try calling them instead.  A VoIP service would avoid the international rates.
http://www.butterflylabs.com/contact - bottom-right shows their phone number.
Kuma

Activity: 107

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 04:07:46 PM

My experience is, that they replied in 3 days to my technical question. And it was after ordering  Grin
Now I'm just eagerly waiting  Smiley
ice_chill

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:06:35 PM

If your questions are as smart as your interpretation of the word "please" on their website then it's no wonder they didn't reply to you.
Jaryu

Activity: 90

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 05:52:49 PM

If your questions are as smart as your interpretation of the word "please" on their website then it's no wonder they didn't reply to you.

You're trying to insult the guy smarts after he posted the topic of his unanswered email like his question is so insignificant he was stupid to have asked it... That shows stupid you are, his question might not be of any significance to you but it does to him, and not having a question you believe important answered reduces the trust a customer would have with a busines. There are no bad questions, there are badly worded questions. Only the real fool accepts everything without questioning it.
ice_chill

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 06:27:58 PM

read his posts:

He says he sent a simple question because he thought BFL is begging him to ask them something.
I run my own internet business and it is very evident when you are contacted by a customer and when you are contacted by a time waster.
Replying to time wasters is very draining.
Andrey

View Profile
April 26, 2012, 08:29:38 PM

read his posts:

He says he sent a simple question because he thought BFL is begging him to ask them something.
I run my own internet business and it is very evident when you are contacted by a customer and when you are contacted by a time waster.
Replying to time wasters is very draining.

Dude, please try to find word "beg" in any form in my post. Also, try reading their FAQ and notice there is no links where I can check if BFL single banned from my country, instead there is "please contact" there, so I did contacted, as they asked (you can tell "beg" from "ask", do you?). No response. Not very encouraging to send them money if they are as responsive as with this simple question.

mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 27, 2012, 01:06:04 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2012, 01:46:51 AM by mem

I can confirm that there is in fact more people working on the BFL stuff than just Sonny and the Ninja Lady.  I've spoken to and worked with one of the engineers... how do you think EasyMiner is being made, out of thin air?  

How exactly can you confirm this ?

Are we really expected to have unaccountable forum members vouchsafe a company, lol.
I know a few religions that would love to have someone like yourself door knocking, same aggressive blind faith and substance lacking arguments are used Wink

Seeing as I've been to their facility several times and talked extensively with a few BFL people, I would say all your explanations are pure bullshit and you clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

Wow that sounds like another story I have heard:
"really! i walked into the desert and a burning bush TALKED TO ME!"

No no no my blind zealot, you are utterly full of shit.
You are literally screeching insults at people for not blindly trusting you and a company that has numerous questions surrounding it.

Comprehend what "The burden of proof" is and deal with it, Id advise the same to BFL.

Perhaps you are a religious fundamentalist, so I say this to you:
I have no wish for debates based on beliefs, give me substance or STFU.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: