Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:32:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I visited BFL, any questions ?  (Read 14830 times)
DiabloD3
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2012, 10:25:05 PM

Been looking at em Wink

Still hoping for BFL to speed up shipping,if not I may grab a few Quads instead.

Do they come with a powersupply?? It seems from info on thier website that they may not Sad

They don't I don't think. Then again, thats 38 watts. I don't think I'd like 38 watts going through a barrel plug.
Don't the BFL miners push 82 watts through a barrel plug?

Must be beefier ones then.

I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mem

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 03:23:12 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 03:38:01 AM by mem

Please, calm down and stop this already. Your insults and inability to answer directly looks really bad. Even mem who tried to talk politely at first was so embarassed by your style that started returning insults.

Are you mem's sock puppet?  Inability to answer WHAT directly?  I've answered every single question directly.  Mem is the only one that seems incapable of answer any question with something other than "L0lers!  They don't ship in 6 weeks!  OMG!  FAIL!!!1!!"

Go speak in that manner with someone else.

He isnt my sockpuppet but it speaks volumes about your paranoia and insecurity that you assume this.

Popcorn on standby for more of Inaba's epic e-tantrums and wall of crys.

His insults dont phase me, before being a unix sysadmin I ground out the helpdesk dealing with frustrated idiots screeching at me for their own ignorance. You learn to sift through the teeth gnashing to look for substance so you can progress the call. Pretty much the exact same scenario here, ignore 90% of his posts as its just insults, childish tantrums (some adults never learn to manage their own feelings unfortunately), mirroring argument points and mocking people for not believing his argument at face value. So I sift through his hysterics and try to get to the 10% thats actually a valid argument (if any at all).

Good luck to BFL and those that have sunk money into it, I will be investing win the Merrick6 platform for my first 10, the company behind it has a good existing reputation and is being very direct about expected development and shipping times.

I will continue to monitor, raise questions and most importantly ask for citations - Im here to stay when it comes to btc and btc mining (also gambling Wink ) so Im always on the lookout for the next best thing.
Lets hope it really is just a bad product launch thats being made worse by rabid fanboys like inaba.

Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 06:04:49 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 06:45:25 AM by Inaba

Ahh, it becomes clear now.  You are here to make yourself feel better about placing an order for a different device.  It's called "buyers remorse," look it up.  Makes sense why you spouted a bunch of misinformation, outright falsehoods and were (and still are, presumably) unable to answer even a single question posed to you with regards to your claims. Seriously, answer just one of the questions posed to you so far.  Just one... go on, I dare ya.

So lets recap your argument:

1. Dubious company registration.
2. Next to no contact.
3. Outright lies regarding delivery times (and has continued to lie regarding delivery times for 6+ months).
4. Extremely few seen out in the wild (enough that you could simply pay someone for a false review to help out the long con).
5. 0 information on chips used (this is the only thing that does not bother me).
6. Constant spamming of BFL.
7. The person assuring us its not a con has answered 0 questions of substance, instead selling you on the "I trust them, you should to".

1. Legitimate complaint
2. Outright lie
3. Legitimate complaint
4. Outright lie
5. Immaterial, they are under no obligation to tell you.
6. Outright lie
7. Outright lie

So out of 7 claims, 4 are outright lies, 2 are legitimate and 1 is irrelevant.  You have, apparently, two beefs. 1 the shipping date, which you have harped on incessently.  And two, the "dubious company registration."  I'm not sure how that exactly effects hardware production, but hey, it is a fact and you brought it up, so you can have it.

You then whined my statement that I confirmed the existence of more people owrking at BFL than just Sonny and Ninja Lady.  You called me several names as well as hurled a bunch of insults.  You started out being an asshole and now you are whining because I give back to you in kind? Heh...  Anyway, in response to your whining, I asked you what would be acceptable confirmation.  You failed to answer, but instead chose to continue to insult me.

Then two posts later, you make the claim (which you continue to spew, I presume in the hopes that people will start to believe it) that:

We have a few key members here adamant that it is legit (and I hope it is) but the same members absolutely refuse to provide any substantial evidence.

Even though you can't seem to answer what would constitute substantial evidence.  I again ask you what would be good enough for your delicate sensibilities, but again you failed to answer.

You then proceed to produce a wall of text + quotes trying to pick apart my post line by line, since you apparently can't actually address the topics in the post, instead you start typing unrelated and seemingly random responses to lines of text.  One of the gems was this:

What is adequate for you?
A unit being demonstrated on a video for a group of people known to the community.
Again you do not seem to understand the difference being a logical conclusion and faith.

To which I responded that it's already been done.  Oopsie on your part there, so you completely ignore this subsequently.

You then go on to "challenge me to do 2 things." 

1) produce 1 fact regarding BFL that can be verified and carries some weight.

2) Grow the fuck up, stop screeching and swearing on the forums because people dared to question your claims. Frankly any respect you may have earned from me is lost due to the extremely childish and unprofessional way you handle yourself.
I wouldnt enter into business with someone that throws tantrums when people do not blindly agree with their unfounded claims.

3rd optional challenge:

3) Attempt a civil debate, respond with founded claims or STFU. I suggest you familiarize yourself with the definition of a debate so you know  to keep your assumptions out if it.

Which I then proceed to provide you with your #1 challenge, which is difficult, since you never really answered what would "carry some weight." 

Your #2 challenge is actually an insult, not really a challenge.

Your #3 challenge is just a rehash of #2.  All the while, you conveniently ignore the fact that it was you who started the uncivil communication.

I then ask you yet AGAIN, what is adequate proof.  You yet AGAIN fail to answer.

You then state that my claims mean nothing without proof.  Yet you can't seem to articulate what, exactly, that proof would be.  You then go on to spout out more names and insults.

You then ask for "citations" when I ask you how someone is suppose to establish that they are an authority in a particular subject area.  You seem to fail to understand exactly what a citation is, so this argument falls flat and is subsequently ignored by you.

This is where you start to repeatedly harp on the "They lied about shipping times" mantra you are so fond of.  You restate it several times amidst your name calling and insults and your self aggrandization about how you are an awesome Senior Unix Systems Administrator for ~14 years and that you can "verify this with anyone that requires my services."  Which is funny, because a few lines up, you were just saying how this is meaningless and it requires "citations" to be legitimate.  But I  understand, when I say it, it's meaningless, but when you do it, it carries weight.

Then we have a wonderful gem:

Unlike BFL I have not lied in this entire discussion.

A lie about lying!  Totally Meta Dude!  Far out.

And we have more insults and avoiding any of the questions for the rest of your posts.  Which brings us here.  I hope this recap has helped you understand why you have zero credibility and why you look so stupid.  I suspect it does not, but I had fun going over it again, so I don't really care. Smiley

Good luck to you.  Next time you try to troll a thread, at least have something of substance to spread, instead of ignoring, virtually every single question posed to you.  You just look stupid otherwise.  Maybe you'll use this as a learning lesson, but I doubt it.  

PS - Go look up the definition of "assume."  Once again, you are using a word incorrectly.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 08:20:23 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 09:58:13 AM by Unacceptable

Hey Inaba,He's just trying to increase his post count as fast as he can,he just joined april 4th  Grin

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 10:34:35 AM

Hey Inaba,He's just trying to increase his post count as fast as he can,he just joined april 4th  Grin

damn you got me Tongue

Inaba, offer something new or keep rephrasing your tired argument.

norulezapply

Activity: 481
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 11:44:40 AM

damn you got me Tongue

Mem, shut the fuck up and stop spamming this thread.
neo_rage

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 01:48:17 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2012, 04:03:40 PM by neo_rage

No photos - no sense mean, even they confirm that you'd was in their office.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2012, 04:00:51 PM

Hey Inaba,He's just trying to increase his post count as fast as he can,he just joined april 4th  Grin

damn you got me Tongue

You're right. I did.  Go on, keep avoiding every single point and failing to answer any question posed to you.

No photos - no sense, even they confirm that you'd was in their office.

I'm not sure what this means.

Hey Inaba,He's just trying to increase his post count as fast as he can,he just joined april 4th

Yeah, I kind of figured that, looking back at his post history.  It's mostly a bunch of useless posts. I suspect a scam post at some point in the marketplace from him.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
neo_rage

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

Inaba, ok.

dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 05:56:09 PM

Good luck to BFL and those that have sunk money into it, I will be investing win the Merrick6 platform for my first 10, the company behind it has a good existing reputation and is being very direct about expected development and shipping times.

My prediction for ~4-5 months into the future:
* all FPGA's will drop price 50% to 33% due to being out performed by the latest GPU's again and due to difficulty adjustment.
* Several FPGA's will simply be pulled from the market or sold at a loss when their ROI times go past 2 years (nearly there already for quite a few).
* China starts thrashing out FPGA's priced to put all western competition out of the market.
* Difficulty goes through the roof due to mass amounts of BFL's online and possibly vladmir and other companies as well.
** All current FPGA investors lose out horribly due a massive difficulty spike - ROI times go past 2 years, for large investors possibly 4 years.

From:  [ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ] DO NOT POST SESC LINKS [/url]

We are cutting down the number of FPGAs in the working array from 6 to 2 to allow more power for the 2 remaining FPGAs. [...]. This board is offered at $1,000 (plus tax if applicable) or equivalent in GBP or Euros.

From:  [ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ] DO NOT POST SESC LINKS [/url]

I see.
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2012, 10:12:29 PM

+1
mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:37:49 AM

+1

says the 2 spamming the thread with insults and 0 contribution to discussion.
Damn kids, when you grow up think back to this time you were unable to discuss a subject with someone who held differing views.

DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 03:40:49 AM

+1

Damn kids, when you grow up think back to this time you were unable to discuss a subject with someone who held differing views.

Alright, angry bastard mod here. Mem, shut the fuck up and stop spamming this thread.

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:43:38 AM

+1

Alright, angry bastard mod here. Mem, shut the fuck up and stop spamming this thread.

OK Angry bastard mod, are we to assume that a thread saying "ask me anything about BFL" is in fact not open to questions but tirades of tantrums and insults like Inaba's is fine ?

I have been fair and polite and simply started with airing questions others also have.

DiabloD3
Legendary

DiabloMiner author

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 03:44:35 AM

+1

OK Angry bastard mod, are we to assume that a thread saying "ask me anything about BFL" is in fact not open to questions but tirades of tantrums and insults like Inaba's is fine ?

I have been fair and polite and simply started with airing questions others also have.

Your avatar image is trollgrin.jpg. What do you expect?

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 03:46:57 AM

+1

Your avatar image is trollgrin.jpg. What do you expect?

I swapped it after inaba's 3rd epic wall of crys as since i was being labelled as such and much worse (but my posts had no troll's to them).
the avatar coolface.jpg is me trolling, not the posts. Regardless changing Meow.

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 04:14:47 AM

Riiiight..  As I've already amply demonstrated, you started out with insults and name calling, I just responded in kind.  But what can you expect, you've already lied multiple times, why not now?   Your credibility is already shot man, give it up.  You just go on ignoring everything directed at you, sport.  Keep on whining how I am so mean to you, because you know... people care.  Really, they do.  They respect you and admire you.

"I've been polite" hahahaha

mem

Herp Derp PTY LTD

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:17:38 AM
Last edit: April 29, 2012, 07:18:57 AM by mem

Riiiight..  As I've already amply demonstrated, you started out with insults and name calling, I just responded in kind.  But what can you expect, you've already lied multiple times, why not now?   Your credibility is already shot man, give it up.  "I've been polite" hahahaha

Let me guess, you just spent 30min ninja editing your posts removing the swearing, insults and rants.
Mods can confirm that anyway - if they really care about it.

edit: confirmed inaba has now stopped to ninja edits. edit - skimmed the posts and came to incorrect conclusion apparently.

Adding him to my ignore list - hopefully that will end this tirades get threads back on track (not that this thread answered a single question about BFL).

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2012, 04:20:03 AM

What are you talking about?  I haven't edited any of my posts, I'm happy for a mod to confirm that.  What did you go back and re-read the bullshit you wrote and realize you're an idiot now?  One can only hope...

I will, however, just leave this here, so we can be sure you don't go back and delete/edit all your posts... because that's exactly what I predict next from you.

By all means, please tell me how/what I've "ninja edited."  Any by all means, please have a mod confirm that I have not done so... will be nice to add another tick mark to the things Mem has lied about. 

bombo999

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2012, 04:29:06 AM

mem is a classic troll .... don't feed the trolls
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: