Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 02:14:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: ["WAIT LIST"] BFL Mini-Rig Order Date/Ship Date  (Read 32353 times)
psahx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 08:31:49 PM

This thread will serve to track the order and shipping dates of the BFL Mini-Rigs.  

Thanks for sharing with the info, really helpful.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2012, 08:42:42 PM

I'll take that bet, too. Smiley

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Miner612

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

FPGA convert

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:29:26 PM

I am saving up to buy one ... man I cannot wait.

I buy and sell GPUs, most 5850s and 7970s. 
jimzolorenzo@gmail.com  -- Make an offer.
http://myworld.ebay.com/i_buy_5850s  -- current inventory
I have a couple bare bone mining rigs for sale as well.

--------------

I bought silver from [ccliu] 5 star transaction!
I bought silver from [TECSHARE] -- shipping still
WhitePhantom

Activity: 348
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 19, 2012, 09:56:46 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2012, 09:56:24 PM by WhitePhantom

Ordered: 03/06/2012
Shipped: 07/09/2012
Qty: 2
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:43:30 PM

Wow so five by now, that's ~1% of total hash power. BFL's starting to make some real dents.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 01:48:02 PM

There is likely 20+ ordered (one guy mentioned ordering 6 -- https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=76217.msg845633#msg845633) but suspect many don't want to reveal their expansion goals.  Wink

Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 02:15:28 PM

This thread and the singles thread only represent a fraction of actual orders.  I know of quite a few singles (> 50, not including all of my orders which I also have not reported) that are not reported in the other thread, and I know of a number of mini-rigs that are not reported here.  These two threads aren't really useful for gauging ship times on much of anything, other than your relative place in line.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 02:20:13 PM

There is likely 20+ ordered but suspect many don't want to reveal their expansion goals.

This thread and the singles thread only represent a fraction of actual orders.  I know of quite a few singles (> 50, not including all of my orders which I also have not reported) that are not reported in the other thread

Shocking that diff has been dropping for ~1 month then, isn't it. I wonder if we'll go over 2mn by Q3 then.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
SysRun

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Portland Bitcoin Group Organizer

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 03:13:36 PM

This thread and the singles thread only represent a fraction of actual orders.  I know of quite a few singles (> 50, not including all of my orders which I also have not reported) that are not reported in the other thread, and I know of a number of mini-rigs that are not reported here.  These two threads aren't really useful for gauging ship times on much of anything, other than your relative place in line.

I disagree with your point about the threads not being useful for gauging ship times. I believe they are doing a great job of accurately measuring the actual ship times. Perhaps you mean they shouldn't be used for estimating future ship times, but it is the best measurement we have. If anyone has anything better please let us know.

Images are not allowed. As your member rank increases, you can use more types of styling in your signature, and your signature can be longer. See the stickies in Meta for more info.
Max 2000; characters remaining: 1781
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 03:50:48 PM

But measuring actual ship times are a measurement of past performance and are already a known quantity.  Who cares that you received your unit in 7 weeks, 3 days and 14 hours?  It matters little.  The point of tracking it is to estimate future ship times, and as you said, it's not really useful for that, since only a fraction of the orders are reported here. 

Just because they got a blob of orders shipped out to people who posted here and you are "next in line" for orders that are posted here  doesn't mean there's not 75 singles ahead of you in line, that aren't reported here.  That was my point.

SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:07:44 PM

But measuring actual ship times are a measurement of past performance and are already a known quantity.  Who cares that you received your unit in 7 weeks, 3 days and 14 hours?  It matters little.  The point of tracking it is to estimate future ship times, and as you said, it's not really useful for that, since only a fraction of the orders are reported here. 

Just because they got a blob of orders shipped out to people who posted here and you are "next in line" for orders that are posted here  doesn't mean there's not 75 singles ahead of you in line, that aren't reported here.  That was my point.

That's why it's called an estimate.

It's certainly better than nothing, which is what we would otherwise have.  Right now, we know that they've basically made it through all of the January orders.  We wouldn't know that if this list hadn't been created.
Inaba
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2012, 04:15:02 PM

I'm not trying to dissuade you from posting about it.. I'm just pointing out the information is functionally useless.  So you know they've made it through the January orders... now what?  Are there 250 singles in prep before the next person "in line" on these forums gets his shipped, or is he really the next in line?  Who knows! 

It's not an estimate because the data you have is completely unrelated to the data that affects shipping dates/times.  I mean, I guess you can call it an estimate, but when you have only 25% o the available information (and I am being generous), the estimate means very little.

I mean.. I "estimate" that the block rate difficulty will be 1.75 million in 3 months, but that estimate is really meaningless, since very little of the variables are known at this point. 

SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 04:27:11 PM

I'm not trying to dissuade you from posting about it.. I'm just pointing out the information is functionally useless.  So you know they've made it through the January orders... now what?  Are there 250 singles in prep before the next person "in line" on these forums gets his shipped, or is he really the next in line?  Who knows! 

It's not an estimate because the data you have is completely unrelated to the data that affects shipping dates/times.  I mean, I guess you can call it an estimate, but when you have only 25% o the available information (and I am being generous), the estimate means very little.

I mean.. I "estimate" that the block rate difficulty will be 1.75 million in 3 months, but that estimate is really meaningless, since very little of the variables are known at this point. 
I guess we have different takes on what a meaningful estimate is then.  Wink

It's better than nothing, that is all I am trying to say.  If they make it through February and March orders at the same pace as January orders, then I could expect my singles to arrive near the end of May.  If they don't make it through as quickly, then maybe June or July.  But at least I have SOME idea of when I might be able to expect them.

If the list wasn't here, I would have no idea whether to expect my singles tomorrow, or 5 months from now.  With the list, I can kind of judge how quickly they are getting through the current orders, and make a reasonable guesstimate as to when I will receive my order.  And that guesstimate will only get more accurate as they start shipping orders closer and closer to mine.  It's not a 100% sure thing, like you said, someone right before me could have ordered 1000 singles, who knows.  But it's a best guess.  It's better than nothing.  It's a reasonable estimate.
tarrant_01 (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 06:38:20 PM

I wasn't expecting much for this list but since someone asked for it, I decided to make it.  There is not a lot of room for estimation right now with this list, but I think the singles list provides more information especially for the April orders.  People seem to be more confident now that they are seeing the "large" amount of shipments and so they not only place an order but they make it public as well.  I'm sure the singles wait list also affects their business in a positive way.

I think the big one will be when BlackPropor's order of 50 is shipped. It'll be a good indicator to the public of how well they are handling large orders.  In reality it's no different than all of the small orders, but people view it as a huge bottle neck.

1P95gCUCw3Tjb7yyoYtW3ARZZQyTpFgk6H
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
April 20, 2012, 06:53:56 PM

I wasn't expecting much for this list but since someone asked for it, I decided to make it.  There is not a lot of room for estimation right now with this list, but I think the singles list provides more information especially for the April orders.  People seem to be more confident now that they are seeing the "large" amount of shipments and so they not only place an order but they make it public as well.  I'm sure the singles wait list also affects their business in a positive way.

I think the big one will be when BlackPropor's order of 50 is shipped. It'll be a good indicator to the public of how well they are handling large orders.  In reality it's no different than all of the small orders, but people view it as a huge bottle neck.
And unfortunately, his is right before mine.  Sad
MPOE-PR

View Profile
April 22, 2012, 12:35:35 PM

It's not an estimate because the data you have is completely unrelated to the data that affects shipping dates/times.

This is false. The data they have is related, being a [badly selected] sample. As the OP said, still better than nothing.

JWU42
Legendary

Activity: 1666

View Profile
May 03, 2012, 07:28:47 PM

Order confirmed April 27, 2012

Paladin69

Activity: 784

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 08:25:01 PM

Ordered = 5/3/2012
Qty = 1

Any chance I'll see this by July?  After reading all of these posts, I get the feeling BFL "tests" equipment by mining for their own btc before shipping it.
rjk

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

1ngldh

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 08:36:52 PM

Ordered = 5/3/2012
Qty = 1

Any chance I'll see this by July?  After reading all of these posts, I get the feeling BFL "tests" equipment by mining for their own btc before shipping it.
I remember hearing that they mine on eligius to the eligius donation address to do the burn in.

Mining Rig Extraordinaire - the Trenton BPX6806 18-slot PCIe backplane [PICS] Dead project is dead, all hail the coming of the mighty ASIC!
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2012, 08:42:05 PM

Ordered = 5/3/2012
Qty = 1

Why do people keep bringing up this ridiculous conspiracy theory?  And what difference would it make as to whether you would buy one or not?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: