Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 07:45:22 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: New pool coming

Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Exclusive Coin - Cryptsy/Bittrex, CAT bot, Loads of News!  (Read 248468 times)
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 11:58:57 AM

after speaking with many devs - EXCL will not be an rabbit tester of 20mb blocks.
we will let BTC do that first, then we will decide moving into that or not.

EXCL project is too big and too important to be a tester of such grounds.

on the other hand, ByronP and me are doing good working on "cryptoebay" so stay chilled and just hold your coins and support.
All good, yeah it was just a crazy idea. As was said before the block limit we have now is unlikely to be ever filled anyway. You also make a good point that EXCL should not be the one experimenting with new technologies. Allow other coins to do that and when the waters have been tested we can always still adopt those features in the future.
all good, please take community ideas, bring tchem to me and lets do it.

surly PoW reward will decrase on the fork since this is why we are loosing on price.

on the other hand me and ByronP of Banx.io ar working on best "ebay alike" marketplace you have seen.

KC.
I think you should just get rid of POW, isn't it a risk to have a low POW reward with POS? Then again a low percentage POS reward also encourages people to just leave their Coins on the exchange which also weakens security.
That is why the reduction of POW i have suggested is a relatively low reduction, so that it does not compromise the security of the EXCL blockchain. POW is also good for distribution, and it brings new people to Exclusive Coin. I actually discovered EXCL myself when looking for a new coin to mine. It also seems like there are some people who do not want POW removed entirely, as you can see from their comments earlier in this thread. That is why i thought moderately decreasing POW would be a good compromise and a good middle ground that should keep everyone happy. I also do agree with the previous comment about the price being determined by demand and its relation to inflation. I suspect that many of us here are just sitting on our hands waiting for the release of the upcoming market. For any newcomers out there, the best time to buy is during a ATL that logic has served me well in crypto. Smiley
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
April 24, 2015, 12:30:16 PM

after speaking with many devs - EXCL will not be an rabbit tester of 20mb blocks.

on the other hand, ByronP and me are doing good working on "cryptoebay" so stay chilled and just hold your coins and support.
All good, yeah it was just a crazy idea. As was said before the block limit we have now is unlikely to be ever filled anyway. You also make a good point that EXCL should not be the one experimenting with new technologies. Allow other coins to do that and when the waters have been tested we can always still adopt those features in the future.

surly PoW reward will decrase on the fork since this is why we are loosing on price.

on the other hand me and ByronP of Banx.io ar working on best "ebay alike" marketplace you have seen.

KC.
I think you should just get rid of POW, isn't it a risk to have a low POW reward with POS? Then again a low percentage POS reward also encourages people to just leave their Coins on the exchange which also weakens security.
That is why the reduction of POW i have suggested is a relatively low reduction, so that it does not compromise the security of the EXCL blockchain. POW is also good for distribution, and it brings new people to Exclusive Coin. I actually discovered EXCL myself when looking for a new coin to mine. It also seems like there are some people who do not want POW removed entirely, as you can see from their comments earlier in this thread. That is why i thought moderately decreasing POW would be a good compromise and a good middle ground that should keep everyone happy. I also do agree with the previous comment about the price being determined by demand and its relation to inflation. I suspect that many of us here are just sitting on our hands waiting for the release of the upcoming market. For any newcomers out there, the best time to buy is during a ATL that logic has served me well in crypto. Smiley

Well you can change it however you want with a majority so long as everyone is alright with the change, might be an idea to set a time like every 6 months or so as a review for changes. I wasn't really arguing either way, I think there can be lots of solutions that can work.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 02:21:34 AM

KC.
Well you can change it however you want with a majority so long as everyone is alright with the change, might be an idea to set a time like every 6 months or so as a review for changes. I wasn't really arguing either way, I think there can be lots of solutions that can work.
I agree that there can be a lot of solutions that can work. I would not mind reviewing the changes every six months either. A less radical change like i am suggesting is most likely to keep the highest amount of people happy as well. We can always go full POS in the future if that is what the majority of the community wants.
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:48:08 AM

KC.
I agree that there can be a lot of solutions that can work. I would not mind reviewing the changes every six months either. A less radical change like i am suggesting is most likely to keep the highest amount of people happy as well. We can always go full POS in the future if that is what the majority of the community wants.

So what is it again that you were thinking of for the changes?

Seems like you guys know what you want so you can now take all that and put it into one place, then you can make more decisions to tweak it further based on that.
teknohog

Activity: 520
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2015, 09:54:43 AM

EXCL will not be an rabbit tester of 20mb blocks.

EXCL is bigger and more important than BTC?

world famous math art | masternodes are bad, mmmkay?
Every sha(sha(sha(sha()))), every ho-o-o-old, still shines
cryptoangel

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 10:47:12 AM

▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█                         █
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        █
           ▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        █
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
ROLLBIT●  Instant Deposits & Withdrawals
●  Rakeback & Level Up Bonuses
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 03:57:52 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2015, 04:32:02 PM by VeritasSapere

I think what kingscrown meant by this is that we should wait for BTC to fix the block size problem first before we jump into it head on. They have a much larger core development team after all, and they are presently still working on possible solutions to the block size problem. I think it does make sense that we only adopt such new technologies once they become the standard in the crypto industry. There are pros and cons to this of course but overall I do think this is the best strategy for this coin.
VeritasSapere

View Profile
April 25, 2015, 04:29:10 PM

I will post all the planned changes here so that we can discuss it. So far we are planning to fix the block time and set it at 30sec. We are going to reduce the staking frequency to fix the wallet.dat file bloating, our aim will be around 2-3 times per day. Also the reduction of the block reward for mining, by 1 coin per year.
For clarity’s sake I have quoted myself from previously in this thread with the proposed changes we have so far. Smiley
Crestington
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:30:40 AM

I think what kingscrown meant by this is that we should wait for BTC to fix the block size problem first before we jump into it head on. They have a much larger core development team after all, and they are presently still working on possible solutions to the block size problem. I think it does make sense that we only adopt such new technologies once they become the standard in the crypto industry. There are pros and cons to this of course but overall I do think this is the best strategy for this coin.

The Block size at 1mb at 1 minute would then make it the same as 10mb for Btc as they have 10 minute Blocks. If you want to guage what you might need you just have to look at how much volume BTC does, Coins like EXCL might get maybe a couple hundred a day? Would have to be as big as BTC is today for it to be an issue but then you can just let BTC solve the issue whether it is just as simple as increasing the Block Size or something else.
kingscrown (OP)

Activity: 672

http://fuk.io - check it out!

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 11:33:54 PM

the forking has been started, final specs and the time will be given soon.

of course pools/exchanges will have enough time to use new code.

we will fight the inflation, fix speed issues and such.

about block time issue.
block solved ~!= block generated
hence why bloc kcan be solved in even 1 second, but generated in 40 - and actually 50.

so that part is good, yet due to too high inflation on the coin rewards of stakes/pow have to be reduced.

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 03:32:21 AM

about block time issue.
hence why bloc kcan be solved in even 1 second, but generated in 40 - and actually 50.

so that part is good, yet due to too high inflation on the coin rewards of stakes/pow have to be reduced.
Nice update , Kings. Thanks...😊
ocminer
Legendary

Activity: 2660
Merit: 1240

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 06:07:31 PM

Hey Guys,

i'm closing excl.suprnova.cc

please STOP mining and withdraw all your funds until the weekend !

Thanks

suprnova pools - reliable mining pools - #suprnova on freenet
https://www.suprnova.cc - FOLLOW us @ Twitter ! twitter.com/SuprnovaPools
cryptoangel

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 06:21:40 PM

Hey Guys,

Thanks

Thanks for the pool, I think I was 2nd on the blocks found Smiley.

▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
malickie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 04:30:38 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks

I was wondering what happened there Cheesy.  Thanks for the heads up, hope to see the pool back up sometime this weekend or next week.

forzendiablo
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1000

the grandpa of cryptos

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 05:21:27 AM

buy now or loose opportunity after fork was made :PPPPPPPPPPPP

yolo
cryptoangel

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 10:16:42 AM

Hey Guys,

Thanks

I was wondering what happened there Cheesy.  Thanks for the heads up, hope to see the pool back up sometime this weekend or next week.

I think he means withdraw funds before weekend because the page will go fully offline and unaccessible.

▄▄███████▄▄   █
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████  █
         ████▀     ▀████
         ████       ████
         ████▄     ▄████
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████████  █
           ▀▀███████▀▀   █
●  Live Customer Support
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
malickie

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:30:58 PM

Hey Guys,

Thanks

I think he means withdraw funds before weekend because the page will go fully offline and unaccessible.

Ahh, ok that would make sense too.  Hopefully will see a pool again after the fork is done.

AltMayhem

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2015, 06:55:55 PM

about block time issue.

Awesome! Can't wait to hear the final specs  Grin
arteriks

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:33:00 AM

2.2 buy wall @cryptsy. Something is going on?
temp89

Activity: 246

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:29:23 AM

2.2 buy wall @cryptsy. Something is going on?

Pump is coming! Grin 1 EXCL = 2000-3000 Satoshi or even more.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »
  Print  

Jump to: