Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 10:29:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Bitbills!  (Read 32545 times)
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:01:47 PM

is this still going on?  What kind of timeframe for delivery?

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
llama (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 61

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:03:18 PM

Yes, it is definitely still going on. Orders place right now will take about a month before they ship due to the substantial backlog. We appreciate your patience while we get production up to speed. We will release new versions and smaller denominations at that time also.

bitcoinminer

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 09:06:02 PM

OK.  Shoot me a PM when that happens.  Im still new so i cant really afford to tie up any BTC for that long just yet.

Fantastic idea, and fantastic execution of it.

I'd like to request the 100BTC card be made out of carbon fiber somehow Smiley

-Warren Buffett
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 08:54:57 PM

Yes, it is definitely still going on. Orders place right now will take about a month before they ship due to the substantial backlog. We appreciate your patience while we get production up to speed. We will release new versions and smaller denominations at that time also.

I'm definitely interested in BitBills too. Since I'd rather not wait a month on an order, I'll swing by the site again once I get an update (via your email list, or possibly on the forum) that things are back at full speed. I'll personally be focusing on 1 and possibly 5 whole bitcoin cards, and smaller denominations down to 0.1btc.

Side note: Any chance you might start producing "undenominated" BitBills too? Ones that come with no coins sent to the address, which the owner loads himself (as much as he wants, as often as he wants)? Might even be labelled a "Savings BitBill" or "User-Loaded BitBill" or something so as not to be confused with pre-loaded BitBills. I'd personally buy a few of those as well. Wink

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
bfever

Activity: 39
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2011, 07:11:00 PM

Received my bitbills today in the mail  Smiley

You normally don't get a confirmation mail of the order, but I suggest you contact support by e-mail.
I got a response with the delivery date, which was 100% accurate.

A happy customer !
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:32:42 PM

Side note: Any chance you might start producing "undenominated" BitBills too? Ones that come with no coins sent to the address, which the owner loads himself (as much as he wants, as often as he wants)? Might even be labelled a "Savings BitBill" or "User-Loaded BitBill" or something so as not to be confused with pre-loaded BitBills. I'd personally buy a few of those as well. Wink
THIS, is a fantastic idea.  Seriously.
btcminer

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 08:59:54 PM

I love the concept.
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
June 22, 2011, 11:07:03 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2011, 09:13:46 PM by Otoh

THIS, is a fantastic idea.  Seriously.
+1
BitBill Vault, pic on card like http://lot.my/image/cache/5833-295-kitco%20coin%20r%202010-120x120.jpg
BitBill Dragon Hoard, pic like http://dpcrandall.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/smaug.jpg?w=389&h=287
Titanium card - loaded with 210 BTC (add cost of material)
Gold card - loaded with 2,100 BTC & made of 24K gold (add 1 Oz for cost of material +/- $1,500)
The thousanth card - loaded with 21,000 BTC (made out of anything you darn well like) - loaded with 0.001% of max total BTC ever to be issued

Yeh!

My first Bitcoins came through, well 0.001 BTC from the faucet  Smiley  http://freebitcoins.appspot.com/

http://blockexplorer.com/address/14g6J4q4ccSMc5rCe24djmgPdybZaFrm1E

Put your address above to see yours, takes a few hours to show from the faucet's feed

Happy Summer Solstice y'all

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
BouerBouer

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 12:22:38 AM

Wow, it's great to see some people trying to make it more practical to use Bitcoins in everyday life! Nice job! Cheesy
jtimon
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2011, 09:26:32 AM

THIS, is a fantastic idea.  Seriously.

Although one can do this on its own, I would like to have a piggy bank bitbill too.

2 different forms of free-money: Freicoin (free of basic interest because it's perishable), Mutual credit (no interest because it's abundant)
bitlotto

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2011, 01:22:45 PM

I really like your Bitbills. Sorry if this has been discussed as I haven't read the entire thread but it would be really neat if you make it easier to cash out the Bitbills.

You could:
-make a https page where the user fills in: private key, address, and a "redeem and send it to" address
-your bitcoin daemon imports that key, and you resend it to yourself at an address only you own
-once you get confirmations and the balance you send it all to the new address the user filled in

It would make your bills easier to redeem as many can't use the command line tool to do it! Could make your Bitbills more popular! I know you'd probably have to add a small fee to cover tx fees but I bet many would like to use it for its simplicity. I bet even other people who make their own private keys would probably even use your tool.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
bitlotto

BitLotto - best odds + best payouts + cheat-proof

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2011, 12:28:55 PM

I am absolutely fascinated by BitBills and would love to use them in everyday expenses.

This idea though about requiring even MORE confirmations/etc from private servers owned by BitBills seems like it's learning ever so farther into the 'centralized' area of currency. Aren't we supposed to be watching out for that?
It would be optional of course. Any site could set up this service. Once the BTC in on the bill, to use it, you have to manually import using command line. This is only a web form that does the work for you and sends it to a bitcoin address you own.

*Next Draw Feb 1*  BitLotto: monthly raffle (0.25 BTC per ticket) Completely transparent and impossible to manipulate who wins. TOR
TOR2WEB
Donations to: 1JQdiQsjhV2uJ4Y8HFtdqteJsZhv835a8J are appreciated.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 3050

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
July 11, 2011, 02:57:12 AM
Last edit: July 19, 2011, 09:06:33 PM by Jafm

I'll be ordering one as soon as I get enough bitcoins!   Wink

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soon!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
gnaget

Activity: 154
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:07:21 PM

I was on the order page, and quickly decided against purchasing when I saw the shipping charges.  I'm sorry, but $3.50 (.25 BTC) for shipping is insane for something that fits inside an envelope.  Take the .25 BTC shipping + .15 BTC Fee for the 1 BTC card, and it just fundamentally does not make sense unless you go up to the larger amounts like 20 BTC card.  This is after slashing your fees in half? 

Outside of that, it is a good idea, and one I would like to own.  However, you are acting just like the ebay sellers and infomercial producers, who inflate shipping prices in hopes that people won't notice. 
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 04:11:24 PM

I was on the order page, and quickly decided against purchasing when I saw the shipping charges.  I'm sorry, but $3.50 (.25 BTC) for shipping is insane for something that fits inside an envelope.  Take the .25 BTC shipping + .15 BTC Fee for the 1 BTC card, and it just fundamentally does not make sense unless you go up to the larger amounts like 20 BTC card.  This is after slashing your fees in half? 

Outside of that, it is a good idea, and one I would like to own.  However, you are acting just like the ebay sellers and infomercial producers, who inflate shipping prices in hopes that people won't notice. 
He's got a 3 month backorder... I doubt he's concerned about overpricing them at this point.

Besides, shipping always includes handling time and shipping materials, both of which cost time and money.  If you just charge actual shipping, you will lose money on the shipping part of things.  A company will ALWAYS inflate shipping beyond what it actually costs for the postage.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
July 19, 2011, 08:11:21 PM

$3.50 is totally fair for shipping, plus confirmation and packing. trust me, no money is made from shipping at all.
CurbsideProphet

View Profile
July 20, 2011, 01:05:25 AM

You need to change your font color, it's really difficult to read against that background.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
bitcoinminer

View Profile
July 26, 2011, 08:37:40 PM

How about you print a bit bill of equal quality, ship it better for less money, and we'll all order from you?  How much are you asking for them?  What are you charging for shipping?  What is your estimated delivery time?  I'll go 1.125 BTC for a 1 BTC bitbill.

-Warren Buffett
Astro

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 08:33:47 PM

How long is the wait for brass bitbill bank cards right now?
giantdragon
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 29, 2011, 08:37:21 PM

Are you considering to reduce commission fee?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: