Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:37:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152227 times)
leannemckim46

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:30:44 PM

If the account indeed expire(or was closed for any reason) before being opened again for registration, his inbox would be empty.
If it was hacked then it would not, or if GMX was somehow hacked it would not.

Whoever is in control of his email appears to have reset the password on the old forum and is posting on there.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:31:24 PM

I wonder if he had any information regarding any of his private keys stored on his email account.

I checked GMX TOS and it doesn't say anything about accounts being automatically closed after a certain amount of time inactive. It does say that they are able to close your account for any or no reason.

That would be utterly insane if he had anything pertaining to his private keys stored in his inbox.   That would be serious bad news...
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:32:06 PM

I wonder if he had any information regarding any of his private keys stored on his email account.
And there I was thinking MtGox was as bad as it could ever get in terms of PR. Cheesy
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 10:33:41 PM

Fucking gmx.com comes up again on my hacker radar... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=764024.msg8660017#msg8660017

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:34:15 PM

probably just a recycled email address. original one would have being cleared out after period of non use. Its just a troll looking for attention.

Agreed.  

Either way, this type of scenario would be part of Satoshi's contingency plan taking into account the great lengths that he/she/they have taken to stay anonymous. So, even if Satoshi doxed, good luck actually finding him/her/them.  
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092

Touchdown

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:35:23 PM

Anyone checked the darknet for dox?
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5180
Merit: 12884

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:35:38 PM

This is big news

Not really. This is very likely just a single troll. He probably got the idea of using satoshin@gmx.com to post to p2pfoundation.ning.com from my post here. The dox stuff is probably fake.

I for one am disappointed in the level of trolling displayed here. He could have done something amazing and hilarious with Satoshi's email address, but instead he made a couple of lame jokes, and now everyone knows that the email address is compromised.

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:36:57 PM

This is big news

Not really. This is very likely just a single troll. He probably got the idea of using satoshin@gmx.com to post to p2pfoundation.ning.com from my post here. The dox stuff is probably fake.

I for one am disappointed in the level of trolling displayed here. He could have done something amazing with Satoshi's email address, but instead he made a couple of lame jokes, and now everyone knows that the email address is compromised.

Can we see the contents of the original email to you? Or will you hold that until the situation is figured out?

mitzie
Legendary

Activity: 975
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:38:52 PM

This is very disappointing  Cry Cry
wolverine.ks

Activity: 375

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:40:14 PM

An email or post indicating a dump of his bitcoin on thr market would have been a brilliant move to get some super super cheap bitcoin.

Dumb ass troll.
DoubleSwapper

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:40:55 PM

This is big news

I for one am disappointed in the level of trolling displayed here. He could have done something amazing and hilarious with Satoshi's email address, but instead he made a couple of lame jokes, and now everyone knows that the email address is compromised.
Amazing as in announcing to sell the 1 mio coins and driving the price down?
leannemckim46

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:41:07 PM

I checked GMX TOS and it doesn't say anything about accounts being automatically closed after a certain amount of time inactive. It does say that they are able to close your account for any or no reason.

That would be utterly insane if he had anything pertaining to his private keys stored in his inbox.   That would be serious bad news...
It could be encrypted backups of his various wallets for example. I would seriously doubt they would be stored in plaintext format, but if there is one encrypted wallet that is worth trying to crack it is his.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:49:03 PM

This is big news

^^ Exactly my point. The mail address has gone into dumb hands. Though, unless u revealed the mail news, we would have been little confused about the P2Pfoundation post. Just need to know what is going on at DarkNet. Is there anything up there really ?

leannemckim46

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:53:05 PM

This is big news

The hacker could have posted a donation address from the p2pfoundation account and would likely have made a lot of money (people are dumb).

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Cyrus
Ninja
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 2948

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:53:59 PM

Look at the bright side, he could've tried to scam a lot of people that Satoshi might've emailed with.

Aquent

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:54:09 PM

This is big news

I am not so sure. He could have made tons of money by having access to that account, but instead has chosen to post those two messages which kind of sound like a warning?
BitCoinDream
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1204

The revolution will be digital

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:56:44 PM

Look at the bright side, he could've tried to scam a lot of people that Satoshi might've emailed with.

Someone has messed up the Project Bitcoin on Sourceforge too...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/

Buttcoin is a peer-to-peer butt. - WTF ?

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:57:53 PM

waiting for the btc dump by "satoshi"

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
darkota

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:58:43 PM

Someone has messed up the Project Bitcoin on Sourceforge too...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/bitcoin/

Buttcoin is a peer-to-peer butt. - WTF ?

Lmao. It seems the hacker has a sense of humor.
gadman2
Legendary

Activity: 977

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:58:56 PM

A dump would be so brutal lol. I'm ready to buy.

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: