Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:10:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152207 times)
capoeira
Legendary

Activity: 2388
Merit: 1003

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:15:43 AM

there are even people sending coins to the guy lol https://blockchain.info/address/19pta6x1hXzV9F5hHnhMARYbRjuxF6xbbV

Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
theymos (OP)
Administrator
Legendary

Activity: 5152
Merit: 12580

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:16:24 AM

The fact they called Theymos "Michael" hints to me that they are either active in the community or have access to previous emails.

I never used my real name in emails to Satoshi, and Satoshi never called be my my real name.

Finally something interesting happens in bitcoinland... The paypal news were a bit *yawn*... Nothing like the next chapter of the Satoshi drama movie for spicing up the week..  Grin

Everyone knows that Bitcoin runs on drama, so this should do wonders for the recent price slump!

1NXYoJ5xU91Jp83XfVMHwwTUyZFK64BoAD
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:20:06 AM

That hacker could have seriously made some money. He could have shorted bitcoin and then announced that he is going to sell 50 thousand bicoins all at once, because he wants the community a heads up.. Maybe its good that we know his account is compromised, he could have caused some serious damage.... let a lone a good joke...
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:21:33 AM

lol @ "your dox"

Sepp Hasslberger can see if the hijacker made some dumb mistakes when he trolled on p2pfoundation's blog. Let's see if he has more info.
AMuppInTime
Donator

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:22:27 AM

The fact they called Theymos "Michael" hints to me that they are either active in the community or have access to previous emails.

I never used my real name in emails to Satoshi, and Satoshi never called be my my real name.

Finally something interesting happens in bitcoinland... The paypal news were a bit *yawn*... Nothing like the next chapter of the Satoshi drama movie for spicing up the week..  Grin

Everyone knows that Bitcoin runs on drama, so this should do wonders for the recent price slump!

I would invite you to review past exchanges with the account - they will surely try to leverage all connections within the community.
franckuestein
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1130

Truth will out!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:22:56 AM

there are even people sending coins to the guy lol https://blockchain.info/address/19pta6x1hXzV9F5hHnhMARYbRjuxF6xbbV

I'm never going to understand why people don't read before taking actions like sending a donation to that address...
Instead of opening your wallet, copy the FAKE BTC Donation address and send some bitcoins, what people have to do is open a forum or Twitter and know if that address is fair or not...

Don't fall on this things. (At least if they're not official) never!

[ AVAILABLE SIGNATURE SPACE ]
bigasic

Activity: 924

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:23:30 AM

Its unbelievable that people are actually sending coins to that account.. granted, its not a lot, but he just barely posted it.. Why on earth would anyone give coins to this guy?
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:24:25 AM

Doesn't surprise me at all. Gmx is a dubious shithole.
No technically competent person would use it.
You mean, except Satoshi?

The gmx account is the one on the bitcoin whitepaper.

williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:27:27 AM

Jesus, imagine if satoshi was compromised. I bet a lot of people are after satoshis 1 million bitcoins, thats a crazy amount of money

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
grappa_barricata

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

playing pasta and eating mandolinos

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:28:32 AM

Sourceforce security-list is still open to public.

Fortune cannot take away what she has not given.
williamj2543

Activity: 588

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 01:31:50 AM

So buttcoin is now called bitcoin on sourgeforge?

▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
p2pbucks

Activity: 642

Evolution is the only way to survive

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:35:40 AM

do you notice tip jar address on ning.com ? ... Grin
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:43:35 AM
Last edit: September 09, 2014, 01:54:39 AM by 79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

At least it is clear that the 'I am not Dorian' post was not by Satoshi. That made no sense at all.

How is that clear at all?
The sourceforge account is now known to be compromised. We can assume it to also have been compromised at the time of the Dorian fiasco, lest we think SN has suddenly become sloppy, even though the risks of sloppiness are more apparent now than ever.

Assuming the account was already compromised also helps to explain the 'I am not Dorian' post, which would be nonsensical if written by SN. For if  Mr. Evil was convinced SN was Dorian, Satoshi's saying via sourceforge that he is not Dorian would be totally useless for dissuading Mr. Evil from hurting Dorian. It makes no sense for SN to break his self-imposed silence in order to make a post that simply cannot achieve its apparent objective. Or, if you want, it's like Satoshi asking his enemies to trust him. He wouldn't.

TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:51:17 AM

At least it is clear that the 'I am not Dorian' post was not by Satoshi. That made no sense at all.

How is that clear at all?
The sourceforge account is now known to be compromised. We can assume it to also have been compromised at the time of the Dorian fiasco, lest we think SN has suddenly become sloppy, even though the risks of sloppiness are more apparent now than ever.

Assuming the account was already compromised also helps to explain the 'I am not Dorian' post, which would be nonsensical if written by SN. For if  Mr. Evil was convinced SN was Dorian, Satoshi's saying via sourceforge that he is not Dorian would be totally useless for dissuading Mr. Evil from hurting Dorian. It makes no sense for SN to break his self-imposed silence in order to make a post that simply cannot achieve its apparent objective. Or, if you want, it's like Satoshi asking his enemies to trust him. He wouldn't.

But what if Dr. Evil built a fake town.  Then when the bandits rode in, they'd think it was the real town, but we'd know it was the fake town, but the bandits would think it was the real town.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
tilray

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:52:08 AM

shit just hit the fan real hard
mullick
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:54:50 AM

Well there goes that idea then Tongue

Im sure its not hard to find his first name. But in my research/lurking I have never come across it.

I dont even know if his name is Michael. But I just assume so now

That is actually available in Bitcoin Wiki itself => https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/People

Ya all they had to do was google bitcoin then. Guess I need to take a closer look myself at the obvious things

If it was a compromised account, like the evidence peter todd put forward suggests. He should have fun searching through all the thank you messages. From myself as well as many others I assume Smiley

I would find it hard to believe he would send sensitive info via email unencrypted given his obvious understanding of cryptography.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2014, 02:04:30 AM

I'm never going to understand why people don't read before taking actions like sending a donation to that address...
Instead of opening your wallet, copy the FAKE BTC Donation address and send some bitcoins, what people have to do is open a forum or Twitter and know if that address is fair or not...

Don't fall on this things. (At least if they're not official) never!

So we can track him, or at least watch the coins tumble? I'm sure the FBI dont like threats of doxing on billionaires.

coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:07:39 AM

So we can track him, or at least watch the coins tumble? I'm sure the FBI dont like threats of doxing on billionaires.

He is still without a known jurisdiction.
hikedoon

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:15:49 AM

Post a Bitcoin bounty on the hacker.   It worked for Roger Ver.
mrcashking

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Theres over 11,000 emails in there. lol
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: