Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:18:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152227 times)
jdbtracker

Activity: 727
Merit: 500

Minimum Effort/Maximum effect

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:05:34 AM

The unexploitable being must not be reached, there must be barriers in place physical and psychological so that it may express itself fully without bias.

The creator has never revealed themselves, we have mearly revealed another sock puppet: nick szabo and satoshi are the same person but neither is real.

Whoever they are they have dared to question the world, to see behind the curtain. In the breaking of dogma making is that there is more than meets the eye. Questioning money, it's purpose, function, design to kick start the fundamental realization: it is a form of communication. In it's semantics forming the vocabulary of scarcity, power, work, intelligence, prosperity, vision. Amazingly enough it follows a similar design to the human brain firing when it has completed it's contemplation and sharing the flow to those neurone that support it's needs.

A very dangerous system if not properly understood; bad flow will starve key parts, difficult price finding solutions will impede flow, micro economic inflexibility can disrupt it's development.

This hacker has exposed nothing, someone capable of these thoughts has designed their processes accordingly, there is no threat to the creator, but their purpose is clear to create a flow of ideas through society by impeding access to themselves in order to decentralize the solution finding sources. One individual cannot be expected to find all the answers, yet they must still reveal their solutions in a way that demands critical thought: the cult of personality must be dissuaded. Past performance cannot be the sole source of future speculation.

Hence there is no original source, only copies with fake names and personalities, only their minds critically analyzed by our own can be judged and only in a very narrow spectrum free of cultural and moral bias: understanding ideas for their worth and not the source of them.

If you think my efforts are worth something; I'll keep on keeping on.
I don't believe in IQ, only in Determination.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
traincarswreck

Activity: 532
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:21:32 AM

The unexploitable being must not be reached, there must be barriers in place physical and psychological so that it may express itself fully without bias.

The creator has never revealed themselves, we have mearly revealed another sock puppet: nick szabo and satoshi are the same person but neither is real.

Whoever they are they have dared to question the world, to see behind the curtain. In the breaking of dogma making is that there is more than meets the eye. Questioning money, it's purpose, function, design to kick start the fundamental realization: it is a form of communication. In it's semantics forming the vocabulary of scarcity, power, work, intelligence, prosperity, vision. Amazingly enough it follows a similar design to the human brain firing when it has completed it's contemplation and sharing the flow to those neurone that support it's needs.

A very dangerous system if not properly understood; bad flow will starve key parts, difficult price finding solutions will impede flow, micro economic inflexibility can disrupt it's development
Very nicely written, we might even reference Adam Smith, as he takes great credit in defining this "free market"

This hacker has exposed nothing, someone capable of these thoughts has designed their processes accordingly, there is no threat to the creator, but their purpose is clear to create a flow of ideas through society by impeding access to themselves in order to decentralize the solution finding sources. One individual cannot be expected to find all the answers, yet they must still reveal their solutions in a way that demands critical thought: the cult of personality must be dissuaded. Past performance cannot be the sole source of future speculation.

Hence there is no original source, only copies with fake names and personalities, only their minds critically analyzed by our own can be judged and only in a very narrow spectrum free of cultural and moral bias: understanding ideas for their worth and not the source of them.
It's true and in this satoshi is a ghost.  However we have this reality to deal with, and we have the tool to do it with. But we are going to need the instruction set, and it is written to the citizens, and written in a language they can now understand.  It seems clear we are under a self belief that such change is not possibly and the world is not deserving of it.  I think one (brave) man dared think beyond such boxes, and I wonder why we do not follow suit?
thx1164

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:46:01 AM

The kid is bs, he doest have shit, the media is rigged and terribad.  We decided we are going to take Dr. Nash's advice:

No, actually it seems like you decided to hijack the thread to try and show everyone how smart you are. Whether or not you are correct about this, I don't feel like reading a dissertation by you while trying to read this thread.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 07:52:19 AM

Please pardon me if this sounds silly.

Can't we contact the GMX support staff and tell them that this particular email account (satoshin@gmx.com) is hacked? Why can't we ask them to go for secondary verification (Security question and other details)? There is a "Contact us" page given in the GMX site, here.
handsomegui

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:00:14 AM

Can't we contact the GMX support staff and tell them that this particular email account (satoshin@gmx.com) is hacked? Why can't we ask them to go for secondary verification (Security question and other details)? There is a "Contact us" page given in the GMX site, here.

Why not just try? Grin
sgk
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1002

!! HODL !!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:03:47 AM

This story has made it around the globe in many reputed news portals. GMX admins must be already aware of this by now.

If I recall correctly, someone on this thread said the hacker has already been locked out of this account.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:13:54 AM

I bet there are pen testers all around the world laughing away.

This is free advertising for them.

Half the crack tools are made by them and distributed freely to entice this sort of thing.
eahmadov

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 08:59:52 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 09:10:13 AM by eahmadov

If this alleged hacker kid has been doxed a year ago and all of his social media and email accounts been compromised ( then most probably he is not the one who hacked Satoshi's account. He is probably framed by the puppeteers.  
dlresponse

Activity: 15

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 09:45:22 AM

The Michael Jackson one is barely a bronze.
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:45:36 AM

This whole story stinks. I don't belive in this "random dumb script kid hacks Satoshi Nakamotos email account" story at all.
There is someone simply trying to let us think Satoshi is still alive.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
Profetu

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 10:50:08 AM

If this alleged hacker kid has been doxed a year ago and all of his social media and email accounts been compromised ( then most probably he is not the one who hacked Satoshi's account. He is probably framed by the puppeteers.  

He might be framed because I saw no evidence that he is the hacker just some claims. What is clear is the fact that you must be crazy to get doxed and keep doing it and than brag about it. He might be in high school but seriously.
xDan

Activity: 688

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:03:14 AM

Question: Why Satoshi Nakamoto didn't secure his e-mail in the proper way? Changing passwords from time to time etc... he knew that many of h@x0r5 will try to compromise it...

This is very kinda not good but I don't think that hacker doxed him indeed.

Perhaps Satoshi is not just a one person ... think about it, Satoshi is not still alive or this is not just one person.

Why would he abandon his e-mail account if he knew that it is connected with other accounts. He is a genius, right? He should think about those simple little things too. This is why I think now that it cannot be the one person or Satoshi is dead Sad Sad

Regards.

It's probably an entirely disposable account.

Every email he sent was intended to be read by somebody else. Therefore, he would be careful not to include any personal information in any emails.

As long as the subject of his conversations were only technical (as vouched for by other devs), and he only used this account for bitcoin, this probably will give no leads on his identity.

The idea that good security/opsec is technologically hard is nonsense (at least, against standard not-the-NSA google-type "doxing"). Just most people are highly social animals incapable of not spilling their soul everywhere. (See: This hacker kid.)

It's only the attention whores who play up their leet skillz that you hear about, and Satoshi for sure was not an attention whore.

This whole story stinks. I don't belive in this "random dumb script kid hacks Satoshi Nakamotos email account" story at all.
As far as I can see, you only need to know date of birth to reset a gmx email account password. Maybe he used the same DOB as in the p2pfoundation profile? Or maybe the kid found some way to automate it bypassing the CAPTCHA.

Or maybe he simply had the spare time to enter several thousand captchas Wink Say, 1 captcha 10 seconds, 6 a minute, 360/hour, ~4000 a day. He can cover 10 years worth of DOBs per 12 hour day.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
bizzyb
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1001

Don't look at my signature!

View Profile WWW
September 10, 2014, 11:33:57 AM

^ kid did it. Found and Doxed. Greaterninga found hacker and put info out.
18 hour start to finish. Also had BCT member copy hackers ransom link and add his own address but got caught.

http://pastebin.de/125559

http://pastebin.ru/201cAY9S

But the question remains: did he get access to SN's real email account,
and did he discover his real identity? Is that known?

really?

#You no longer care about some punk kid#

We are talking about changing the world in a day. Let's all do: "Ideal Money".

It's a complete instruction set.
Bitcoin is Nash, the instrument of the common man.
I like it. A lot.
I wonder whether it was in fact a family affair...

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░███▀░░░░░░▀███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░██░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░██░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░█████░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░░░███
░░███░░░░░░░░░░███
░░░███▄░░░░░░▄███
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
   ░░░████░░░░░░░████
░░███░██░░░░░██░███
░░██░░░███░███░░░██
░░██░░░░░███░░░░░██
█████████████████████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████
░░███████░░░███████

░░░░░░
░░░░░██░░░░░░
░░░░████░░░░░▐█
░░░░█████░░░░███
░░░░░█████░░████
░░█░░░█████░████
░██░░░██████████
████░████░█████
█████████░░███
███████░░░██
░░▀████░░░█▀
░░░░░
   ░██████████████████▀██████░
█████████░░██████▀████████
█████████░░███▀▄████████
███████░░██░░▄██░░███████
██████▌░░░██▄▄██░░░▐██████
██████░░░░░█████░░░░░██████
██████░░░░░░███░░░░░░██████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████
█████░░░██░░░░░░░██░░░█████
████░░░████▌░░░▐████░░░████
████░░░█████▌▐█████░░░████
███░░░███████████████░░░███
███░░░███████████████░░░███
░█████████████████████████░
MONETARYUNIT
.......for Me, U & Everyone.......
[/
cornfeedhobo

Activity: 40

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:38:16 AM
Last edit: September 10, 2014, 12:22:38 PM by cornfeedhobo

I just want to point out how stupid it is to even consider involving any government agency.

They will respond with one answer: "Have the victim contact us"

So unless you think Satoshi is going to magically appear and start being buddy buddy with a spook, best just rely on vigilantes ;-)

Also, has no one considered how utterly confusing this is; Someone demands to be paid to dox; instead of not to dox?
The whole thing is just... backwards.

P.S. if the hacker had anything useful, they wouldn't have posted a stupid invoice for mining equipment; that was obviously not satoshi.
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 11:52:41 AM

I just want to point out how stupid it is to even consider involving any government agency.

They will respond with one answer: "Have the victim contact us"

So unless you think Satoshi is going to magically appear and start being buddy buddy with a spook, best just rely on vigilantes ;-)

Also, has no one considered how utterly confusing this is; Someone demands to be paid *to* dox; instead of *not* to dox?

P.S. if the hacker had anything useful, they wouldn't have posted a stupid invoice for mining equipment; that was obviously not satoshi.

The FEDs can still investigate, if they choose to. It's a crime by one person in the US using the internet, which can make it a cross State and international crime of interest to them.

http://www.federalcharges.com/blackmail-laws-charges/
TheRealSteve

Activity: 686

FUN > ROI

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:12:03 PM

Also, has no one considered how utterly confusing this is; Someone demands to be paid *to* dox; instead of *not* to dox?

Backwards is par for the course when it comes to a person of interest.

Just look at the tabloids/gossip magazine circuits.  If you've got some juicy pictures of some actress at some public beach, do you A. tell the actress and ask her to send money to prevent you from releasing the pictures, or B. shop the pictures around to the tabloids/gossip magazines and ask them to send money if they want to have those pictures (typically as an exclusive)?
The former route almost always gets the photographer in question into legal trouble (blackmail), while the latter only gets them into trouble if the rag decides to play best buddies with the actress (in exchange for a nice spread in a future issue, after which they'll happily go back to posting juicy pics of her - dat symbiotic relationship doe), and set up a sting operation.

Either approach can work in this scenario.  There's certainly plenty of common people who want to know who Satoshi Nakamoto is, and far fewer who think it's imperative that this is never revealed.  Moreover, there's plenty of news outlets that want to do a piece on the real Satoshi Nakamoto and will go to great lengths just writing about trying to find out, or even publish an article that boils down to "We don't know if this is Satoshi, but our investigation had to end somewhere and it ended with this dude."  That's not even counting any tinfoil hat angles about government actors/the mob/whatever having an interest in finding out.

So, no.. not all that confusing.

Unrelated, on security - I think this post deserves quoting (there's some further discussion over at Reddit, too):
On p2pfoundation the birth date is either 1974 ( Jan 1 - September 8 ) or 1975 ( September 9 - December 31 ). Watching when the age changed from 38-39 would have given the exact date. That is of course if he was consistent with the birth date.
Most people don't even think about that sort of thing coming to bite them in the butt sideways like that.
( Even if that may not be what happened here, it's good to keep in mind. )

As an aside - a birth date as a password reset question?  Maybe that was okay before the age of MySpace, but certainly in this day and age there should not be any common password reset questions, let alone birth dates, regardless of any rate limiting.  That's a major fail on the part of GMX.

AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 12:42:46 PM

oh this shit again? You have zero proof satoshi is dead and you've stated that over and over in your threads.

My threads???
Btw. you also have zero proof that he is alive and everything is pointing to Satoshis death, rather than to his wish to hide and stay anonymous.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
cryptoceelo

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:04:15 PM

Theymos should be the one to do it and forward that email he got

I'm probably not going to do that. Responding to a clearly fake threat with violence (via police/government) strikes me as wrong and excessive, especially when it's just some stupid kid.

He hasn't caused much harm as of yet. He didn't steal any bitcoins or release any sensitive info. (The screenshots didn't contain any useful info.) The worst he's done is convince some people to send him a little money. I advise restraint, especially since we don't know for sure whether this kid actually is the hacker. I haven't seen much evidence of that.

Basically Theymos doesn't want the feds on his door with all the dogy shit he's linked to
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:07:14 PM

I don't really understand this anxiety to find out who SN is: in my opinion anyone with an average knownledge on cryptocurrency and e-cash understands that there is 75% chance that Satoshi Nakamoto is Nick Szabo... And who cares, really?

As I wrote years ago:

It is painfully obvious that Nick is one of the main (if not THE main) inspirators of Satoshi's work. Nick is the inventor of the "smart contracts" concept and he developed extensive work on blockchain-like decentralized ledgers; his bit-gold is simply "bitcoin beta", but he is not even cited as a reference on the Bitcoin whitepaper, and Satoshi NEVER commented/posted on Szabo's work - the only plausible reason for such ommission is OPSEC/compartimentalization (never mix your pseudonym with your real identity). Similarly, Szabo never wrote about Bitcoin, despite it is clearly the system he has been writing about from 1996 to 2005. Every question to Szabo about BTC was duly ignored until the pressure was so high that he was forced to write a short post dismissing being SN with vague statments, but the truth is that he never really wrote/commented about Bitcoin, even if it is the obvious realization of years of his work. Additionally, the last paper on e-currency he wrote was published in 2005, and his very last comment on that matter (which was the central part of his work for at least 9 years) was published on his blog in 2008, shortly before the bitcoin paper was published.

Add to that the extreme similarities in their writing style, political views, etc. - and you have a match.

Again: who cares? Do we need a hacker to know that Szabo Nick is (very likely) Satoshi Nakamoto? No, we just need to read Szabo's work and the Bitcoin whitepaper Smiley...

X7
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1009

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

View Profile
September 10, 2014, 01:25:03 PM

Question is... how does a kid who is in high school, get doxed and continue screaming about his accomplishments... hack Satoshi.. *sips coffee*

In my head I imagined some Russian guy with a chip on his shoulder.. working a 1992 Dell laptop and a bottle of vodka

For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the world, and lose his own soul?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: