Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:48:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: satoshin@gmx.com is compromised  (Read 152227 times)
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:44:29 AM

"They" would still find suspicious behaviors, criminal records, crazy pictures, death threats or whatever. Real or not.
Whoever Satoshi is, he's human with all the quirks and flaws that implies.

It means he has good days and bad days, good ideas and bad ones.

He wouldn't live up to the mythology that's grown around his identity over the last few years.
The thing is that at least they can't target anybody

Would you let your money be handled by someone with schizophrenia?

No I certainly prefer it to be handled by the political sociopaths at the ECB, FED, IMF, etc.

It's obviously not my vision, but I think we will hear that kind of things

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 01:16:10 PM

So what would be the impact of satoshi being revealed?
I understand there could be personal reprocussions for the man himself, and that there is a great human interest story here, but bitcoin will not be affected. The world may be disappointed when we find out satoshi is a programmer and leads a life typical of one (he's boring)

If we take any lesson from all the other times, the result would be that Bitcoin would become personified and every foible and human flaw would be deconstructed.  
Each of these would be used to impute nefarious motivation and failings would be magnified.  The narrative would become the human interest story, the story of the chase, the pursuit, the capture, and all the merits of Bitcoin the work, would be brushed aside.

With the entire globe blanketed by fiat pumpty dumpter central banks, there aren't really safe places for him to stand.  Choosing anonymity was both very wise and supremely generous, it does more for Bitcoin than for Satoshi.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 06:48:31 PM

not many people 10 or 20 years ago were talking as if there was a different option for "source" of money I would think.
Not many perhaps by percentage, but a lot more people than you are thinking about.  It was not rare.

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Gnarrrly

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 07:06:21 PM

It was clear this was a fraud since day 1.
blumangroup

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

'Slow and steady wins the race'

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:42:08 AM

I understand there could be personal reprocussions for the man himself, and that there is a great human interest story here, but bitcoin will not be affected. The world may be disappointed when we find out satoshi is a programmer and leads a life typical of one (he's boring)
I don't think bitcoin would necessarily be affected solely by satoshi being doxxed. It would certainly affect satoshi's life negatively as he would receive a lot of attention that he clearly does not want.

One way it could potentially affect bitcoin is that satashi would have less reason to continue to hold his bitcoin so there would be a greater chance that he would sell some of it.

cloudthink.io   

Truly Profitable Investment Packages
Custom-Built ASIC Miners ● #1 Self-Sustainable Bitcoin Mining Service in the World ●
williamj2543

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Get ready for PrimeDice Sig Campaign!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 02:43:51 AM

I don't think bitcoin would necessarily be affected solely by satoshi being doxxed. It would certainly affect satoshi's life negatively as he would receive a lot of attention that he clearly does not want.

One way it could potentially affect bitcoin is that satashi would have less reason to continue to hold his bitcoin so there would be a greater chance that he would sell some of it.
Yep, bitcoin is completely decentralized, so if the creator dies, no effect on it at all, nothing is lost except his massive amount of btc

█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
▓▓▓▓▓  BIT-X.comvvvvvvvvvvvvvvi
→ CREATE ACCOUNT 
▓▓▓▓▓
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:04:48 AM

Yep, bitcoin is completely decentralized, so if the creator dies, no effect on it at all, nothing is lost except his massive amount of btc
I don't think satashi getting doxxed would result in his death. All it would mean is that many people would almost worship him and watch closely at what he says and does (which is something he clearly does not want).
KingOfTrolls

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:23:21 AM

I wonder when the email was compromised, and whether it could have been used to make the post on p2pfoundation.ning.com. (Edit: I was referring here to the Dorian Nakamoto post. After I posted this, there was another p2pfoundation.ning.com post.)

Do you think the "not Dorian" post was fake? If yes, the same hacker or a different hacker than now?
iamahappyminer

Activity: 111

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:23:47 AM

How is this dude going to see his IP?

GMX wouldn't record anything other than the IP of the exit node, if it was Satoshi's E-mail client leaking his IP, then those who corresponded with him should have his IP as well. Moreover it has been 3 years how does he know that it's not a Tor node that is no longer in use?

Somehow I don't think this kid knows what he's talking about.
KingOfTrolls

Activity: 69

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:36:46 AM

I wonder when the email was compromised, and whether it could have been used to make the post on p2pfoundation.ning.com. (Edit: I was referring here to the Dorian Nakamoto post. After I posted this, there was another p2pfoundation.ning.com post.)

Do you think the "not Dorian" post was fake? If yes, the same hacker or a different hacker than now?

The question is open to everyone. Smiley
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1075

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 01:15:30 PM

Bitcoin has a market value, you know. It has less to do with the fact the technology is stable or not, it's about supply and demand. Anything related to Satoshi can move his 1M coins to the market which would influence the price enormously.

Regarding his (god forbid) death, why would his coins be lost in that case? He certainly provided his heirs to his private keys in case he dies.
guybrushthreepwood
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1195

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 02:39:45 PM

I don't think satashi getting doxxed would result in his death. All it would mean is that many people would almost worship him and watch closely at what he says and does (which is something he clearly does not want).

If Satoshi was doxxed he'd just go on the run or into hiding. He has enough money to disappear and go wherever he wants. I also don't think he'd be stupid enough to leave traceable info that could be linked back to him in his emails.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2014, 03:22:53 PM

The question is open to everyone. Smiley

It was not from Satoshi.
It was from a different 'hacker'.

zorke

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 04:25:05 PM

I would doubt it was fake. It was too muted to be a hacker. I think it was the real satoshi and he wanted to make it so the satoshi who was "outed" would not get the unwanted attention he was getting
AGD
Legendary

Activity: 2069
Merit: 1164

Keeper of the Private Key

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 07:50:43 PM

If it was the real Satoshi who wrote "I am not ..", he would definitely have signed the message, as he wanted the people to believe that it really was him. He would never forget that. So it was not him.

Bitcoin is not a bubble, it's the pin!
+++ GPG Public key FFBD756C24B54962E6A772EA1C680D74DB714D40 +++ http://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x1C680D74DB714D40
bitcoinbear

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 09:01:17 PM

"The email said: Quote from: satoshin@gmx.com Michael, send me some coins before I hitman you." Not the fbi then?

Why wouldn't the hacker though - presuming it was hacked - not use it to profit by say falsely telling a reporter he was to sell the million coins after having shorted btc everywhere instead of making a death threat??

CryptoNote needs you! Join the elite merged mining forces right now here in Fantomcoin topic: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=598823.0
dankkk

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:15:16 PM

"The email said: Quote from: satoshin@gmx.com Michael, send me some coins before I hitman you." Not the fbi then?

Why wouldn't the hacker though - presuming it was hacked - not use it to profit by say falsely telling a reporter he was to sell the million coins after having shorted btc everywhere instead of making a death threat??
The reporter only contacted the account because of the death thread and the fact it was reported the account was hacked. Without the death threat he would not have been contacted to potentially make this statement.

The hacker did attempt to profit however it appears that the hacker was/is very immature and did not think things through very well
bigasic

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 13, 2014, 10:20:01 PM

I believe that post when he stated "I am not Dorian" is from SN. From the logs of the emails that were posted, the hacker just received access right before he sent the email to theymos. So, I believe that earlier post is legit...
CraftingTable

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 01:32:50 AM

this guy was always an obvious fraud
Chris_Sabian
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 03:18:01 AM

Still.  There is no new information on what is going on.  Please stop posting before you know the facts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: