Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:18:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Continue Anniversary Giveaway in spite of delays?
yes - 33 (76.7%)
no - 10 (23.3%)
Total Voters: 43

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 203 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANN: [OPAL] | POS | Secure Messaging |NO ICO  (Read 383377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (1 post by 1+ user deleted.)
cryptoaltcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:18:57 AM

Unless you are planning on selling all your opal today, it should not matter to you what the price is at....

I think it will be much different in the next few months.  This 7btc person obviously just wanted to make a few points and get out.  He probably earned a lot of stake by investing so much so it worked out for him.

I'm not in opal for the short term. I believe in these devs so far so good

Yep, its just a matter of time, devs work hard.
I can get some more at this range

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jeffersondk

Activity: 139
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:41:02 AM

Unless you are planning on selling all your opal today, it should not matter to you what the price is at....

I think it will be much different in the next few months.  This 7btc person obviously just wanted to make a few points and get out.  He probably earned a lot of stake by investing so much so it worked out for him.

I'm not in opal for the short term. I believe in these devs so far so good

Couldn't have said it any better then you just did!

BLACKCOIN883

Activity: 271
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:35:16 PM

dont worry, all of this just points to no PND for me Smiley
ZaoXhou

Activity: 467
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 03:43:02 PM

Just a sneak preview of the Marketplace (taken from a phone), still very early stages!

posible the china tradee to store?
email it for the listing, works how else thanks reply inbox the message system. ok!
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:09:50 PM

nom nom nom

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
cryptoaltcoin

Activity: 91

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 04:27:06 PM

nom nom nom

You missed the gif xD
bassguitarman

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:14:06 PM

Expect big releases in the next few days Smiley
Truther

Activity: 209

Opal Dev

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2014, 09:23:21 PM

it all looks very good and sounds interesting but need more exposure.
I agree exposure is critical, but the Devs can only do so much to gain exposure, which they have been (contacting websites, exchanges, verification services, and media outlets). Opal didn't have an ico or massive premine to dump to generate btc to pay for lots of advertising. So, a lot of it falls onto the community to get the coin a larger following. The developers have given you a number of tools and features to speak about. Everything that has happened through Opal has been through shear will and skill of the development team. All Opal needs is for the people who support it (or at the very least those who want to profit from it) to get out there and just talk about opal and ask for sites to accept opal. The more exposure we get the better.

I really do think this coin is here to stay and would love to see the community get the name out there in fun and innovative ways.

Here is a list of things you can do. (feel free to add any ideas you think will help)

Bitcointalk-
1. Talk about Opal on other BCT threads (not other altcoin threads, thats just rude)

Make Opal someones first-
2. Take a moment just talk about opal to friends you know who aren't into crypto (just have them join IRC to chat, plus Opal gets rained frequently)

CryptoNews-
3. There are a number of news outlets that cover crypto on: youtube, web, and  twitter. (call-in,comment,message about opal)
example- https://twitter.com/Bitcoin_Truth/status/521076703054295040

Troll Chat / IRC
4. Just bring opal into the conversation "I'm really excited about Opals next project" (Dont spam "buy opal" please, just get a conversation going)

Videos / Memes / Websites
5. Be apart of Opal, makes something to show your pride. ( I would love to see some silly Opal dance videos Tongue )

(feel free to add any ideas you think will help)

OPAL depends on YOU to succeed

Just a reminder... Private message people about Opal, make it a conversation. I will also say this, If you even hold 1 opal you are a part of the Opal team. Put it on your resume tell your family and friends
 "I am part of a team of developers building a cutting edge cryptocurrency called Opal.".
You (yes YOU, the person reading this right now) are the one person who will make this coin successful.
You have been given so much to be proud of with the development of opal.

It's on your shoulders now, the choice is yours.

Ask yourself "Do I want Opal to succeed?"
Mightymoo

Activity: 206

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:31:27 PM

I agree exposure is critical, but the Devs can only do so much to gain exposure, which they have been (contacting websites, exchanges, verification services, and media outlets). Opal didn't have an ico or massive premine to dump to generate btc to pay for lots of advertising. So, a lot of it falls onto the community to get the coin a larger following. The developers have given you a number of tools and features to speak about. Everything that has happened through Opal has been through shear will and skill of the development team. All Opal needs is for the people who support it (or at the very least those who want to profit from it) to get out there and just talk about opal and ask for sites to accept opal. The more exposure we get the better.

I really do think this coin is here to stay and would love to see the community get the name out there in fun and innovative ways.

Here is a list of things you can do. (feel free to add any ideas you think will help)

Bitcointalk-
1. Talk about Opal on other BCT threads (not other altcoin threads, thats just rude)

2. Take a moment just talk about opal to friends you know who aren't into crypto (just have them join IRC to chat, plus Opal gets rained frequently)

CryptoNews-
3. There are a number of news outlets that cover crypto on: youtube, web, and  twitter. (call-in,comment,message about opal)

Troll Chat / IRC
4. Just bring opal into the conversation "I'm really excited about Opals next project" (Dont spam "buy opal" please, just get a conversation going)

5. Be apart of Opal, makes something to show your pride. ( I would love to see some silly Opal dance videos Tongue )

OPAL depends on YOU to succeed

Just a reminder... Private message people about Opal, make it a conversation. I will also say this, If you even hold 1 opal you are a part of the Opal team. Put it on your resume tell your family and friends
 "I am part of a team of developers building a cutting edge cryptocurrency called Opal.".
You (yes YOU, the person reading this right now) are the one person who will make this coin successful.

Need to get the word out over twitter as that seems to be big for getting word out. I'll retweet every recent post opal.
Jeffersondk

Activity: 139

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 09:37:00 PM

Bitcointalk-

CryptoNews-

Troll Chat / IRC

Need to get the word out over twitter as that seems to be big for getting word out. I'll retweet every recent post opal.

Also write some tweets yourself and retweet the onces you see on $opal for example. That helps a lot

toldy

Activity: 214

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 10:20:21 PM

I hope someone makes a youtube that explains how to use Opal's wallet.

This guy's videos use to be good, he would have been ideal to put one out for Opal:

http://www.youtube.com/user/GamersGoneTech/videos

New venture: Your data in an real underground bunker. Interesting. http://tinyurl.com/msm8t3u
etoque
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 12:24:07 AM

89 sat low today ?

What the actual fuck ?

I Buy the entire market at 89sat,pm me Wink
bassguitarman

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:02:16 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2014, 01:13:24 AM by bassguitarman

Hey Guys, I thought it was time for an update on the status of Roadmap V2.

1. Wallet UI Improvements

This have already been pushed to GitHub, as of a few hours ago, as well as a whole bunch of behind the scenes security, performance, and other optimizations you might not notice in everyday use, but we promise they are there.  This will be released once we get all wallets compiled, but you can have a sneak peek here: http://i.gyazo.com/741f731b41e7f0117bf03febc31145e5.png

2. CoinSource Verification

Done with 7/7 stars!  Documents for a 5 star CryptoAsian rating were sent today, and expect 5 stars within 1-3 days.

3. HTML5 Wallet

This is being worked on, and we're currently porting over OpalEx and Encrypted Messages to the wallet.

4 .Anonymous File Transfers

We're working with Storj on this one to bring you decentralized file transfers.  This is a brand new technology, and there is no ETA yet, but as always, we won't release it until it works!

5. Opal Marketplace

Super close to finish.  Backend only has a few minor changes needed, and frontend is almost done too.  Expect a release in 1-2 weeks (or sooner  Wink)

We'll update you as more of this comes together

~Bass
Randy Marsh

Activity: 115

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:25:30 AM

Good day, it is good to see active development, I am curious about the marketplace, he should be the main priority in my opinion
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:32:46 AM

Good day, it is good to see active development, I am curious about the marketplace, he should be the main priority in my opinion

Yeah it can be a game changer.
Awesome job devs, you are delivering everything in the deadline. Bravo

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
bassguitarman

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 01:35:41 AM

We'll see how it turns out, but we all have high hopes.  It shows off some features of opal very nicely too..
Randy Marsh

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:01:41 AM

Marketplace (very good PR) was the main reason why people buy Cloak and sent him into the top 10 coins with the largest market capitalization for a limited time. Opal has a chance to succeed where Cloak failed, it needs to speak more loudly
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:06:37 AM

Marketplace (very good PR) was the main reason why people buy Cloak and sent him into the top 10 coins with the largest market capitalization for a limited time. Opal has a chance to succeed where Cloak failed, it needs to speak more loudly

+1000

Cloak failed cause they fully focused on PoSA. A decentralized marketplace would have been the nuts.

DARKNE55

Activity: 149

Opal the future

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 02:08:09 AM

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, we must take into the account the current market situation of Altcoins. Since the time cloak was released the online communities for all Altcoins has contracted due to many unforeseen circumstances. One of our goals is to reach beyond the current spheres BCT IRC TWITTER, and attract other means of investment. This is the only way to ensure long term continued growth and the success of OPAL. The marketplace will give us an opportunity to expand our reach.

Official OpalCoin Dev Fund:
BTC: 1PLnZntjhbwGJvLZnrkf5t9r9qh4yYcbYU
OPAL: oW94MapZxD6WoKtjUK45QogZ6haXLqSQ4F
Randy Marsh

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 02:12:03 AM

+1000

Cloak failed cause they fully focused on PoSA. A decentralized marketplace would have been the nuts.
Cloak failed because they were made ​​backstage business practices and a lot of people have lost trust,especially their biggest supporters
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 ... 203 »
  Print  

Jump to: