Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 03:00:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon4 with global shipping can be purchased here!  (Read 35438 times)
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 01:02:13 AM

One more time people: Different crew, different product, and different company. IMO Canaan's only mistake has been to keep an association with the Avalon name.
ngzhang != Different crew

No its not entirely new people, ngzhang took the engineering team after Avalon essentially disbanded and started again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:00:08 PM

No its not entirely new people, ngzhang took the engineering team after Avalon essentially disbanded and started again.
That's the issue, though. I'm not sure who the bigger problem was. Yifu or ngzhang. They were both seedy individuals who bashed, abused, and profited off this community.

The fact that ngzhang is involved at all is no better than if Yifu was still involved, is the long-and-short of it.

It's nice and all that they are under new management, but the sadistic horror of their first gen fiasco is still a bitter memory to those of us that went through it, and short of selling these with COD terms to us old-timers as a good-will gesture to restore faith (a stark contrast to the hate-fuck they gave us all for prepaying them last time and not getting things well beyond their own stated "no bullshit" terms), I can't imagine how anyone with a recollection of their prior antics isn't twitching with PTSD-induced flashbacks right now.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 12:27:32 PM

That's the issue, though. I'm not sure who the bigger problem was. Yifu or ngzhang. They were both seedy individuals who bashed, abused, and profited off this community. The fact that ngzhang is involved at all is no better than if Yifu was still involved, is the long-and-short of it.

The engineering team came away from Avalon with almost nothing, in stark contrast to the others. Again though, you're asking to be compensated by a totally different company. If you feel like you were wronged with gen 1 then sue Yifu's US company [Avalon]! Heck you could even sue CC if you think you have a case but it will get thrown out after 5 minutes.

You're also mixing the engineering team with 'Avalon'. These are the people that designed the chips, made the software and that's about it. They engineered, others sold / failed to deliver timely / delayed refunds etc etc. This team was doing their jobs designing Avalon2 at the time.

for prepaying them last time

They've only been selling in hand hardware for way over a year now, you might not have participated in it but Avalon2 and Avalon3 were sold from in hand in huge quantities.

Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:31:24 PM

They've only been selling in hand hardware for way over a year now, you might not have participated in it but Avalon2 and Avalon3 were sold from in hand in huge quantities.
Fair enough, yeah, I do recall that (selling from stock over the last year). To your point, I had zero interest in the Avalon2 and 3 stuff. This 28nm stuff piques my interest, however, and I start getting flashbacks Sad

Fucking Yifu...
Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 12:38:29 PM

That's the issue, though. I'm not sure who the bigger problem was. Yifu or ngzhang. They were both seedy individuals who bashed, abused, and profited off this community.

The fact that ngzhang is involved at all is no better than if Yifu was still involved, is the long-and-short of it.

It's nice and all that they are under new management, but the sadistic horror of their first gen fiasco is still a bitter memory to those of us that went through it, and short of selling these with COD terms to us old-timers as a good-will gesture to restore faith (a stark contrast to the hate-fuck they gave us all for prepaying them last time and not getting things well beyond their own stated "no bullshit" terms), I can't imagine how anyone with a recollection of their prior antics isn't twitching with PTSD-induced flashbacks right now.

There were millions in damages and no apology, no real compensation and we are as community happy now because they shipped units that were not as competitive as others being offered?

Why is anyone waiting on this latest offering when there is absolutely no way to find a return on this investment? Because a paid spokesperson is spinning the message?

Walk away from Avalon and give them same respect they gave the community in past. They deserve no quarter and it is fair say that there are still injured community members that were never properly compensated. Again do not buy from these people when you have other options. Perhaps Bitmaintech yet another company represented by a spokesperson. Which is a better offer? That is the real question.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
sniffinpoprocks

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 01:28:23 PM

Maybe TerraHash can come out of the woodwork and buy some of these chips? Then they can sell some more vaporware.

“Since we decided a few weeks ago to adopt the leaf as legal tender, we have, of course, all become immensely rich.”
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:03:28 PM

Well I got burned last time with the group buy of chips, so that is why I do not like them. Did they ever really explain what exactly happened with everything? It does sound like it is different now, but getting burned left a really bad taste in my mouth...All in all it doesn't really matter since mining even with free power is not worth the efforts these days  Undecided
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:15:27 PM

There were millions in damages and no apology, no real compensation and we are as community happy now because they shipped units that were not as competitive as others being offered?

Where are the law suits for those damages? But again, this isn't Avalon.

Why is anyone waiting on this latest offering when there is absolutely no way to find a return on this investment? Because a paid spokesperson is spinning the message?

Have I once said buy Avalon4? No. Have I once said buy x y z hardware in my role? No. Do you run a hardware company yet spam every thread with "do not buy"? Yes.

Walk away from Avalon and give them same respect they gave the community in past. They deserve no quarter and it is fair say that there are still injured community members that were never properly compensated. Again do not buy from these people when you have other options. Perhaps Bitmaintech yet another company represented by a spokesperson. Which is a better offer? That is the real question.

Anyone seeking compensation is and has been for the last 18-20 months to sue Avalon, yet they haven't. But again, this isn't Avalon.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:16:29 PM

Fucking Yifu...

Does anyone know where he actually ended up?

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:21:11 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 03:58:36 PM by Bicknellski

Anyone seeking compensation is and has been for the last 18-20 months to sue Avalon, yet they haven't. But again, this isn't Avalon.

Listen dude.

Were all grown ups.

Admit the reality MILLIONS were lost because of Avalon the same people paying you to spin the message you are spinning now. You can't justify their wrong doing by the nobody sued them mantra. (Ask Marto and Technobit.eu pretty much the same deal) We all know what they are and what they did. Ethically they don't have what it takes to play with SPTech, Bitmaintech or AsicMiner and Bitfury. It is pretty much game over for mining anyhow. Why would anyone even look at 28nm Avalons given they can't turn a penny and are definitely a loss across the board. Just because they pay you doesn't me we have to listen to you polish this turd of chip.

Bottom line this version of the chips is too late for anyone to make a penny. Stop pushing shit that is just not going to fly at any price.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:39:41 PM

Bick ,
this tread is about A3222 chips.
go back to your tread and troll there please.
We all know your opinion , did we?
Please stay on topic

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 02:44:25 PM

It is pretty much game over for mining anyhow.

Take it to mining speculation please.

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 02:57:03 PM

I'm sorry, but wasn't ngzhang part of the Avalon team who did the chips trick? He accepted it back then without saying anything to the customers.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:13:27 PM

NGZhang/Yifu/Avalon also stole a lot of Icarus fpga boards which we sent back as trade-in for Avalon miners.

Highly unreliable.

Bad for Bitcoin.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:21:55 PM

I'm sorry, but wasn't ngzhang part of the Avalon team who did the chips trick? He accepted it back then without saying anything to the customers.

What do you mean by the chips trick?

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 03:29:18 PM

NGZhang/Yifu/Avalon also stole a lot of Icarus fpga boards which we sent back as trade-in for Avalon miners.

See his comments RE tradeins here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604853.msg6692419#msg6692419 and here: http://bbs.canaan-creative.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204&extra=&page=1. I don't have any more information on that, but you're welcome to pass details on.

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 03:40:11 PM

See his comments RE tradeins here:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=604853.msg6692419#msg6692419 and here: http://bbs.canaan-creative.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=204&extra=&page=1. I don't have any more information on that, but you're welcome to pass details on.

Details I want to pass: Highly unreliable. Avoid.

Bicknellski

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 04:29:16 PM
Last edit: November 03, 2014, 04:43:23 PM by Bicknellski

It is pretty much game over for mining anyhow.

Take it to mining speculation please.

No. I don't get paid to ignore how purchasing any Avalon 4 based miner is a money loser why should I be taking that to mining speculation. It is fact not speculation.

It is a fair assessment of Avalon 28nm chips and units.

Way way too LATE no way to ROI do not buy AVALON 4 based miners. Compared to current miners already shipping you are recommending people to wait and then buy something that is not even ready or tested yet? With no reasonable timeline for production? Sorry but no one should recommend the Avalon 4 chip based miners if it is not even in production at this time given the competition already have comparable chips in tested units shipping now including your other benefactors Bitmaintech.

You have better options. Buy from people currently selling in stock. And definitely steer clear of Technobit version given their Minion board group buy still woefully late and riddled with RMA problems.

Do not wait or delay to buy something that at this point is not even tested yet. Insanity and disingenuous to say the least.

Guess we need a new thread to rate paid spoke people on their bias now.

Is buying anything Avalon 4 based a good miner purchase given the other companies selling 28nm tech right now? Be honest.

ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:14:38 PM

I looked at the EHash.com web page for these chips, and I see a 1 BTC price for 20 chips, delivering 25 GH/s for 0.6 W (worst case)

That turns into 500 GH/s for a batch of 20 chips, and 300W for a batch of 20 chips, without any supporting hardware or other energy losses included.

I dropped those numbers into a mining calculator, and I calculate a return of 0.356 BTC, or a loss of almost 2/3 of the purchase price.

Does anyone have a more optimistic view of these chips?

I try to be respectful and informed.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:32:18 PM

I looked at the EHash.com web page for these chips, and I see a 1 BTC price for 20 chips, delivering 25 GH/s for 0.6 W (worst case)

That turns into 500 GH/s for a batch of 20 chips, and 300W for a batch of 20 chips, without any supporting hardware or other energy losses included.

I dropped those numbers into a mining calculator, and I calculate a return of 0.356 BTC, or a loss of almost 2/3 of the purchase price.

Does anyone have a more optimistic view of these chips?

Its not the actual price of the chips (or miners), and was for an extremely limited test run of the chips from about a month ago. The price was purposely high to disincentive non developers or one developer from hogging all the chips and blocking others out from testing.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: