Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:03:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon4 with global shipping can be purchased here!  (Read 35446 times)
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:51:59 PM

Anyone seeking compensation is and has been for the last 18-20 months to sue Avalon, yet they haven't. But again, this isn't Avalon.

I'm sorry, but wasn't ngzhang part of the Avalon team who did the chips trick? He accepted it back then without saying anything to the customers.

What do you mean by the chips trick?

The trick that Avalon team pulled with customers chips worth of ~$8M that were supposed to be delivered in July-August. Rumor is they sold it to a third party and then they made paying customers wait additional time. You must remember it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:53:07 PM

You must remember it.
"But... but... IT'S NOT THE SAME AVALON"  Roll Eyes
Blazed
Casascius Addict
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 05:58:28 PM

I am with you guys...I would NEVER support this "Avalon" group. Also I can not really trust in what dogie says about them since he is on their pay roll.
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 06:26:26 PM

You must remember it.
"But... but... IT'S NOT THE SAME AVALON"  Roll Eyes

I know that and I hope that dogie will not pull one of Inaba's schemes to say: "Hey in that team there were X people, now they are X-Y people, ergo they are not the same" Smiley

Bicknellski

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:47:19 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 04:25:28 AM by Bicknellski

Dogie's posts about BFL on June 6th 2013

So much shit in here its not even possible to go through it all. I couldn't give a shit if BFL shipped 3000000000000 chips tomorrow or Avalon decided to mine themselves. Its a shit company who is laughing so hard at anyone with a preorder.

If you ordered from Newegg and they offered you a money printing machine, and said "next week", laughed at you when you questioned them, then didn't do anything for 9 months but continue to make false promises. Why do you put up with it? Because you are blinded by greed.

*what if they ship my 1.5TH minirig tomorrow, what if what if what if*

BFL will have a documentary about then im a few years, and you'll all be referred to as victims xD

<Then a little later he posts...>

Rather than a giant paragraph, lets look at the facts/rumours/likely case:

30000000 fucking threads QQing about BFL every day
bitcointalk forum members probably make a decent chunk of the orders by $, due to singles, minirigs not exactly being impulse buys + the fact BFL spends SO much money advertising here
Their 1000 donation to 'charity' was scummy as hell
BFL can't be in a good financial position. Even if they had taken on 7 figure injections of cash, they've burnt SO much and have still made $0 from actual ASIC product that they're in a risky position
You are free to refund whenever you want
BFL are extremely vulnerable to private litigations for the false promises and failure to deliver
BFL would undoubtedly get bukaki'ed by government agencies if an investigation was to occur. Assets frozen etc
BFL would get spit roasted if the FCC found they were selling these uncertified products, even if it is just $7000 worth in 9 months LOL

The solution? A mass refund exodus. Everyone requests a refund at the same time. As many orders cancelled at once as possible. What if you're the last one in and they can't refund you, they get their assets frozen or seized? Better refund.

The momentum is too much, the cash flow is too much, the investors bricking themselves too much. BFL is forced to pull the plug, the rest of the orders get refunded. BFL ceases to exist, the real boys (Avalon, ASICMiner + DIYs) can use your money. The power is in your hands, no one elses.

tldr: Either force a refund tsunami or stfu
Edit: Added disclaimer, I have investments in ASICMiner and Avalon, however it doesn't change my outlook towards BFL. If I had been around at the time, I'd also have 10 preorders and going mental like you all.

Edit: Oh and look, refunds cancelled. Poor Josh, he's more scared of a Tsunami than SE Asia. Must have nightmares, all those lies for nothing ^_^

Oh the good old days...

What if the Avalon 4 units ship. What if?

Again these chips and any potential miner are exactly like BFL 1.5 TH minirigs or 'vapourware' you mentioned in 2013, they are a huge WHAT IF.

Oh how we forget what it is like to be free and willing to admit the truth about a unit and a company. Much much easier when you are not paid to omit the reality and spin it and avoid the topic by calling it 'mining speculation'. Clearly you didn't seem to mind pointing out the futility of relying on a company that didn't provide a definite or believable timeline. October is now November for these units. What is the development timeline? Show us something more than 'November'.

Josh Zerlan replied to Dogie on June 6th, 2013

So let me get this straight... Dogie is advocating a mass refund on BFL, who has a bunch of mining hardware. Lets say Dogies exceptionally brilliant plan came to pass (which is, in and of itself completely ridiculous, but we'll table that for now). Hypothetically, what do you think a company, faced with all pre-orders canceled, yet holding onto hundreds of TH of mining equipment is going to do? Say "Oh noes! Bye!" ... or do you think they'd press that hardware into service?

Yes, by all means, cancel all the orders, lets see how well that ends up working out.

For the record, BFL is capable of refunding all of the preorders in the queue and remaining in business. Would we have to pare down on employees? Sure we would, but then again, we wouldn't need so many employees if we aren't doing customer service anyway.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
marto74

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 11:13:13 AM

Cut the spam please!
and stay on topic.
May be you can share any troubles with the design of the chip or something related to the topic?

http://technobit.eu
tips : 12DNdacCtUZ99qcP74FwchaCPzeDL9Voff
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:29:22 AM

Cut the spam please!
and stay on topic.
May be you can share any troubles with the design of the chip or something related to the topic?

BickLedsky can stay on Leds only Grin Grin Grin Grin
I am wandering why he is so keen to spread his spam everywhere and why he thinks that someone gives a shit about that...
I am wandering how soon his friends will be turn into enemy number one Huh

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 11:40:43 AM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 11:56:07 AM by Bicknellski

BitSyncom / Yifu,

What are you going to do about the trade-ins that still have not been added to the store accounts?

Thus far you have done nothing.  Its been about 5 months.  Please take care of the trade-in issues.

5 months means 97% of the intrinsic value of a mining machine. By delaying 5 months, Yifu Guo essentially take away the 97% value from this program.

And I am very sure that this is intentional. They have planned this. They don't want to hold their words from the very beginnng. In the early time of this year, I talked with Xiangfu, a well known developer close with ngzhang (张楠庚)and Yifu team. He has tens of FPGA, but he just sold it on the market. I asked xiangfu why and he told me "he does not pay his attention on the trade-in program. (我并不关注这件事情。)" And I think xiangfu must have very early message from these liars that they planned to deliver the trade-in machine at very late stage, essentially destroy their words to the early supporters.

From Yifu Guo and ngzhang (张楠庚), I learnt how low a fucker can be. Liar. Scammer. Greedy.

We have not forgotten what Avalon did.

It is a fair warning to the public not to buy from Avalon given the nature of this company. It is not off topic.

Nor is it wrong to question the viability of these chips and any boards made from them. They are not viable and people should avoid this investment.

Update: Endgame

With ASICMINER today announcing blades for as low as 3.5BTC, it appeared that Avalon chips that do not mine today are not going to break even any more. While those blades went already out of stock after some hours, the new price for mining rig is officially set. Essentially this means that if Avalon does not ship the remaining chips fully within the next two weeks, they become worth less than their shipping costs.

Driven by this event, today I was flooded with refund requests that built up a queue of ~2000 chips. I do not expect any takers for this and it is realistic to assume that there will be no further refunds.

I am sad to admit that I do not believe in a fast and complete delivery of the remaining batches. This stopped to be a game the moment this group-buy alone funneled $500k to Avalon. Although we have only a small set of 'no BS rules', we still have a written commitment to deliver in time as part of the ToS. With so many community members taking a loss directly or indirectly through Avalon failing to meet their schedule, we (together with other customers) need to consider taking serious actions to end this tragedy.

At this stage our options are as follows:
  • A. sit and wait
    That was my tactics so far, assuming that civilized and respectful behavior will ensure to get our chips as fast as possible. This in fact might have been the reason why so far our group-buy got more chips than others, at the same time with a delivery of one batch per month our last will arrive mid 2014 - ready for re-direction to the Bitcoin museum Sad
  • B. demand full refund
    The majority would be fine with getting their invested coins back and let this chapter pass into oblivion. According to Avolon's ToS, there will be no refunds. But if they really care about Bitcoin and its community and realize how much harm they caused to so many of us, they might consider playing fair and send us the coins back. This implies that you do not want your chips any more.
  • C. negotiate for compensation
    While refunding all orders might exceed Avalon's capabilities, they might prefer offering a compensation in form of free chips or free upgrades to next-gen ones. This implies you would like continue dealing with Avalon.
  • D. legal action
    Leave the polite arena and sue them into ground; make an example of them and put an end to the pre-order madness in Bitcoinland. This implies you are willing to throw more good money after the bad - for a very limited expectation. Your money would feed some poor lawyers and Avalon if needed will declare bankruptcy (they said they do not control the collected funds any more).

I personally will approach Avalon with options B and C for now and consider combining forces with other group-buy organizers for D if we do not hear back within a reasonable time-frame. If you have a different opinion you'd like to share, please do so either here or via PM.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 12:36:18 PM

At this stage our options are as follows:
  • A. sit and wait
    That was my tactics so far, assuming that civilized and respectful behavior will ensure to get our chips as fast as possible. This in fact might have been the reason why so far our group-buy got more chips than others, at the same time with a delivery of one batch per month our last will arrive mid 2014 - ready for re-direction to the Bitcoin museum Sad
  • B. demand full refund
    The majority would be fine with getting their invested coins back and let this chapter pass into oblivion. According to Avolon's ToS, there will be no refunds. But if they really care about Bitcoin and its community and realize how much harm they caused to so many of us, they might consider playing fair and send us the coins back. This implies that you do not want your chips any more.
  • C. negotiate for compensation
    While refunding all orders might exceed Avalon's capabilities, they might prefer offering a compensation in form of free chips or free upgrades to next-gen ones. This implies you would like continue dealing with Avalon.
  • D. legal action
    Leave the polite arena and sue them into ground; make an example of them and put an end to the pre-order madness in Bitcoinland. This implies you are willing to throw more good money after the bad - for a very limited expectation. Your money would feed some poor lawyers and Avalon if needed will declare bankruptcy (they said they do not control the collected funds any more).

I personally will approach Avalon with options B and C for now and consider combining forces with other group-buy organizers for D if we do not hear back within a reasonable time-frame. If you have a different opinion you'd like to share, please do so either here or via PM.

If you're back to your spamming self at least read what you're spamming before you post it to check it agrees with you. Zefir requested B (a full refund) and received B (a full refund).

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 02:17:09 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 02:58:13 PM by loshia

Leave him dogie Admins shall eventually TAKE care for the professor Grin What we need to do is to report HIS continuous and never give up. That is exact what i am about to do
Last two times i got 10 days ban as BickLEDSKY had. Fair enough. If that is the price to make him shut up i will do my best once again Grin

I am sure you will not miss me at all  Wink
Hey LED what about it Grin Grin Grin Grin

The funny part that during last two bans his famous thread went in the history just for 4 hours. Which means that no one gives a shit except him.
Report and report ...until we win Cheesy
What he does it to play smart and pretend that he is important because he is payed by someone probably and HW vendors to be afraid of him and to receive HW  and refunds before other folks. That is his game how pathetic LED boy...

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
Bicknellski

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:14:01 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 03:25:54 PM by Bicknellski

With so many community members taking a loss directly or indirectly through Avalon failing to meet their schedule, we (together with other customers) need to consider taking serious actions to end this tragedy. - Zefir.

Not spam. However I would consider spam someone with 20 threads all pretty much selling space for their own gain. Funny they let you sell space inside your own threads. Seems counter intuitive for this board. But I am sure others have complained about that. That hints of a strong bias in what you post in these forums and consumers really need to be aware that you are being paid to avoid the ROI questions and boost sales of both your threads and their products.

Read the RED. Many millions were lost due to Avalon's failure just to deliver on time. The "compensation" that Zefir talks about didn't cover those losses and Avalon never admitted to causing those losses. Given the other nefarious stuff on the Avalon books with regards to their FPGA trade ins and so forth I can't see why anyone should trust a company with this sort of record. But that is my last post here on that subject. No one is going to buy these units. Too little, way overpriced and too late.

And again you never put out a TIMELINE for the units that these guys are supposedly building. Why is that? Is it because you do not know? Encouraging that you seem to ignore the basic information and questions that you yourself posed to BFL or other fabricators.

Where is the timeline for fabrication of these units that were supposed to be ready in October now November sometime?

Kurtelomos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:27:04 PM

Hi dogie,
I've recently purchased 1 Avalon Nano (https://ehash.com/product/avalon-nano/) just to try it out and mine a little just for fun (I'm not a hardcore miner but I consider the Bitcoin idea interesting and want to support it trying mining a little).

I've tried following the install instructions (http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon_nano/doc/Avalon%20Nano%20User%20Guide(English).pdf), so I downloaded the AvalonInstaller.msi (http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon_nano/software/latest/AvalonInstaller.zip) but when trying to install it windows rejects it, trowing the next error: http://i40.tinypic.com/o085xc.png (the image is taken from other place but it's exactly the error I'm having). I'm trying to install the drivers/GUI in a Win7 x64 OS. Also tried in another computer, both with admin privileges ofc, and got the same error.

I've also tried contacting with someone via IRC since there's no support e-mail (only sales e-mails) and none answered so...here I am.

Googling the product and the commented problems led me here, so I guess this is a nice place to try to fix my problem, warn users about it, and check if someone has already solved it!

I'm waiting for that support eagerly!

Kind regards.
jimrome

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 03:55:22 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 04:06:52 PM by jimrome

<noise damping snip>

What you've done to the last few pages of this thread is crap post:
- pre-written / mostly quotes
- repetitive
- consisting mostly of non-sense or FUD

You are not adding to this thread or to this topic, instead you are just another noise source - which appears your specialty.

And no, I'm not a paid shill (not that people are ever accused of that unfairly):
I got screwed by Avalon during the loose chips fiasco, although I was "fortunate" enough to get %75 of my original USD investment. I was not compensated for the days/weeks of effort I expended in hardware design for avalon-based miners.

I confronted Yifu when he actually stuck his head in here, and I'd like to think my comments were responsible for his realization that Batch 3 Avalon customers STILL hadn't been refunded - which they subsequently were:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=269950.msg3031175#msg3031175
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=242627.msg3037420#msg3037420

I'd also like to think that some of my less constructive post that day were at least partially responsible for disruptions to his "chi" that day. Smiley

All that said: Canaan-creative are NOT Avalon. In fact, Canaan-creative has done nothing but the opposite of Avalon: reliable, provide excellent support, support open source, and IMO make the highest quality and best designed miners around.

I do not hold Canaan-creative or any of their devs responsible for the incompetence of Yifu Guo, and feel those who do have either ulterior motives, are looking for a hand-out, or are bloviated gasbags like Bickellelsky. You know, the guy who on one hand criticizes Avalon, yet on the other has Asicminer as the top manufacturer in his self-moderated trustworthiness thread Smiley

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2014, 04:00:13 PM

Hi dogie,
I've recently purchased 1 Avalon Nano (https://ehash.com/product/avalon-nano/) just to try it out and mine a little just for fun (I'm not a hardcore miner but I consider the Bitcoin idea interesting and want to support it trying mining a little).

I've tried following the install instructions (http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon_nano/doc/Avalon%20Nano%20User%20Guide(English).pdf), so I downloaded the AvalonInstaller.msi (http://downloads.canaan-creative.com/software/avalon_nano/software/latest/AvalonInstaller.zip) but when trying to install it windows rejects it, trowing the next error: http://i40.tinypic.com/o085xc.png (the image is taken from other place but it's exactly the error I'm having). I'm trying to install the drivers/GUI in a Win7 x64 OS. Also tried in another computer, both with admin privileges ofc, and got the same error.

I've also tried contacting with someone via IRC since there's no support e-mail (only sales e-mails) and none answered so...here I am.

Googling the product and the commented problems led me here, so I guess this is a nice place to try to fix my problem, warn users about it, and check if someone has already solved it!

Kind regards.

The msi installs fine for me, check you're running it as administrator and that you've installed .net framework 4.0 first.

loshia
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:49:35 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 05:04:59 PM by loshia

Do you know bickLEDsky what is real power consumption of avalon 4?
You know everything right be honest. I can bet yo do not have a clue at all Grin
I said it many times and will say it again each vendor including avalon will sell no matter of your opinion if there is some one to buy. Simple ...besides Avalon are the only one from China who are publishing their source MMCU included and do not steal from other folks hard work.
So let us wait for avalon final product and specs shall we?
Meanwhile it is about time for your new shiny project Christmas is comming. It is about time for you to do something valuable at the and. Do you think so Grin
A nice and shiny blinking Christmas three will make a lot of children happy Grin
Get your ass back to work boy

Kurtelomos

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 04:55:37 PM
Last edit: November 04, 2014, 05:27:23 PM by Kurtelomos

Hi dogie,

Kind regards.

The msi installs fine for me, check you're running it as administrator and that you've installed .net framework 4.0 first.

I've uninstalled .NET Framework 4.5 and installed (downgraded) it to 4.0 to check if it was a version problem. Didn't work either. But I've tried to install it on another laptop and it worked fine with .NET framework 4!
So .NET framework is discarded as a problem since I have the same version at two different computers, one working and one not working...will investigate more tho.

Thanks for the fast reply anyways...

EDIT: Tried to execute the software on the laptops (yes, 2 different laptops, we're a large family) and it stutters, close unexpectedly...it's a really really crappy software. I use this thread as a review (maybe even the first across the searchable internet) about the EHash.com Avalon Nano and discourage users to purchase it. USB miners should be focused on keeping things simple for miners and in this case is being quite the opposite. Bad purchase at this time. We'll see in the future with the needed software updates (if they release someday).

Kind regards.

PS: If someone finds out how to make an Avalon Nano to work with BFGMiner, CGMiner, GUIMiner or whateverminer, please just post it so we can all benefit that wisdom!!
RoadStress
Legendary

View Profile
November 04, 2014, 06:30:07 PM

Anyone seeking compensation is and has been for the last 18-20 months to sue Avalon, yet they haven't. But again, this isn't Avalon.

I'm sorry, but wasn't ngzhang part of the Avalon team who did the chips trick? He accepted it back then without saying anything to the customers.

What do you mean by the chips trick?

The trick that Avalon team pulled with customers chips worth of ~$8M that were supposed to be delivered in July-August. Rumor is they sold it to a third party and then they made paying customers wait additional time. You must remember it.

Since dogie doesn't have an answer for this I want to remind everyone to STAY AWAY FROM AVALON SCAMMERS!

davecoin

Activity: 816

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 09:39:08 PM

Avalon4 1th/s unit up on ehash.com:

https://ehash.com/product/avalon4-module-1t/

The power consumption says 680-700 watts, but they show a pitcure at 629 watts:

http://www.btcfans.com/it618_scoremall-scoremall_page.html?pid=47

2888 RMB is about 472 USD (I'm just assuming that's the price per unit).  
stan258

Activity: 440
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 08, 2014, 10:36:14 PM

Power consumption has been raised a couple times on ehash. I check it every other day or so. They started at mid 500 watts.
dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
November 08, 2014, 10:54:26 PM

Power consumption has been raised a couple times on ehash. I check it every other day or so. They started at mid 500 watts.

I don't believe its gone up significantly, consumption on the chip page is at the chip level where as the 1TH unit is at the wall and post PSU.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: