Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:44:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Read before investing in SuperNet ICO  (Read 8658 times)
act now

Activity: 166
Merit: 15

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:29:06 AM

Nonetheless, the Monero core team do not draw a salary, neither do we own a large portion of Monero. I'm certain that this will change in future as we receive more donations geared towards specific efforts, but that is the status quo right now and it has been that way for several months already.

Didn't smooth have 20k XMR in April?
weren't you along with other core members buying in qtys of 2k, 5k etc back in the OTC days?. Doesn't seem like such a tiny portion. You can't prove or disprove for sure the current holding.
Not that it matters.. why should core team not be incentivized to drive the value up with a benefit to them, it's not criminal?

This is the usual propaganda from the Monero Truthers...
Unlike James Hoodle, these guys are really, really fucking good liars.

They are all loaded down bagholders of MRO/XMR since the early days...
McRisto claims he bought in at 0.002, which seems like total bullshit...
Just like the catastrophic silver crash of 1847...
But think about the logistics of McRisto accumulating a large position at 0.002 in April-May?

As for James Hoodle and his NXT House of Cards...
It's ridiculously easy to manipulate the volume and prices of NXT assets...
If someone like Jimbo tells you, "I don't care about money"... run for the hills.

how's that possible to manipulate the vol and price?If it was easy than why don't other devs manipulate the vol and price of their coin?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wifizone

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 10:33:13 AM

... and hes anonymous....
supranetico (OP)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:22:17 AM

In short Supernet is a huge fundraising by jl777 for jl777  himself. He has thought of a very long and time consuming con. He is not your usual small kind of crook. He's in for the biggest scam in crypto history. He's letting you invest in his own assets and coins which we owns hugely. And when the right time comes he will get rid of them. This is the reason I chose not to invest in this.
Again this is just my advise. Take this as a pinch of salt. After all it's your Bitcoins. Peace. Smiley

Supernet is a kind of fund. It comprises of coins which is illiquid and activities are difficult to value. jl777 owns a lot of them, which cannot be sold to market easily. By having this Supernet, jl777 can pump the NXT and sell some of NXT at hypered value. As Supernet is a kind of investment, there might not be any dividend from it in the future. If you own 1 BBR and do not convert it to Token, you will have 1 BBR at the end of the day. If you convert that 1 BBR into Token, it might not worth 1BBR later.
I wonder what ripple gateways do? Hmm, let me check....oh they do exactly the same thing just that their curency is xrp and here.......oh well, I am surely misunderstanding jl777's grand plans.

For anyone who is wondering jl777 first appeared wanting to create a ripple gateway for NXT and since only project he has actually released has been MGW - multi gate way - which functions as............oh yes, a gateway to move NXT and BTC. His first announced project? InstantDex , an exchange to instantly exchange BTC to NXT and vice versa......which, oh again is like gateway. Supernet is? a gateway for any currency to any currency using the tokens ...which is? again like ripple. Yep lets burn money where you could have got stellar for free.
Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:12:26 PM

Ok, let me stop calling you names and answer this.

Lets talk point by point. BBR and BTCD were simply "pumped" because they were participating in a "super duper secret" project. I cant tell but are you being serious about "being part of the 40%"? I rather wish I held more BBR and BTCD - they wud have given me 10x returns than 400? See why I say you are biased? You would rather wish for a route to suck up to jl777 than take the most profitable route.

Secondly, "not telling the truth" = lying. God whats with your english? And read again, I said the omission was unintentional, not the fact that I did not understand jl777's grand plan. I think this is the easiest defense of a SuperNet support - you don't understand jl777's vision, well so be it.

Sure I wish I owned both BTCD and BBR, but that doesn't make the gains in sharkfund0 an less true. Obviously the whole point of investing in something like sharkfund0 is to delegate the investing decisions and distribute risk. I wish I could just pick whatever stock goes up in the Dow Jones rather than just investing in the index too.

I don't own any jl777 related coins or assets so I'm not biased from any financial perspective. I try to look at the situation objectively. I like the idea behind superNET though as I think I've made clear. I think if it works out it's potentially a game changer for alternative currencies.

If you feel that someone saying "at least attempt to tell the truth" is equivalent to directly calling someone a liar then that's fine. My intention when writing that wasn't to brand you as some sort of serial liar, but it thought it was very suspicious that you had been researching all of this superNET stuff and happened to miss that part. But I thought we established that you didn't mean to intentionally mislead, so there's not much point in discussing it further.

Now I have to give props to you. So you reach a conclusion that "everyone in jl777's thread" has understood that he has fingers in all the pockets and owns most of his own assets. But you don't believe people can do their own research? See again why I say you are a biased observer? Everyone who supports jl777 is a maths genius who knows all his dealings + understand "his vision" but rest of bitcointalk people are fools.

This thread you say? Lets count for and against people (other than me):
Against SuperNetico:
50cent_rapper
Mrrr
vuduchyld
Come-In-Behind
Skinnkavaj
nakasat
Zer0Sum

For SuperNetICO:
Stealthcoin
Hotmetal
torshammer
noashh
Este Nuno
positivehigh
Zer0Sum

ie 7-7. Number of posts? Well you do the maths there. So, I see where you are going with this...making me use the childish insults again....cant control it...you moron, get off you high horse. You are no causal observer with no leanings. You are free to state your opinion on the matter but stop trying to make yourself look foolish.

Again, last two paras are your opinion, specially with a weak reasoning - his words. eh? So I guess jl777 is Jesus for you. But I am not going to ask "show me the proof" thats your belief and let it be.

I said that the ownership percentages are listed in the OP. I'm sure lots of people still don't understand the extent of cross ownership between all of his assets.

Of course I beleive people can do their own research. You said this:

Or do you think people in BCT are such idiots that they will take statements of a "newbie account" as the gospel truth? If you think that, then yes you are a moron (forgive me again for the childish name calling Wink )

So the fact that 7 people in this thread did in fact "take statements of a "newbie account" as the gospel truth" seems to support what I said. Some people will believe what they want to believe and it doesn't take much for them to form an opinion. It's obviously easier to just say "oh fuck that superNET shit, it's just a scam" then to actually spend the time reading and researching what it actually is.

I said they were "his words" because I remember him saying just that in the thread. I didn't go to github to go count the lines myself. I'm not a programmer and to be honest I don't really care if there are 40k lines or not. I know enough that lines of code aren't any specific measure of work, but it tells me he's at least coding. Which is to me the reason I have any interest at all in superNET. Since he's not just talking about doing it, he's actually attempting to build it.

I certainly don't think he's "jesus", or anything other than just someone who seems to have a lot of motivation to get things done. He could stand to be more organized and more clear with his ideas. Also, I think he would benefit from slowing down a little bit and focusing on less things at once. But apparently that's not how he works. He's the one doing shit and I'm not, so I'm not one to argue.

Also I think you underestimate what he's trying to build. You keep comparing it to ripple or the MGW. I wrote this recently in another thread as an example of what you should be able to do from the superNET GUI that will be launched from any wallet that's a part of superNET:

-Ability to send BBR transactions with other currencies(which of course use CN's ring signatures and BBR's unlinkable outputs upgrade)
-Buy and sell assets with whatever currency you're using on the NXT decentralised asset exchange instantly with James' InstantDEX and MGW tech.
-Buy and sell crypto and fiat through the coinomat service. Which is apparently offering some sort of anonymous debit card which sounds pretty interesting(but I don't know much about it).
-It will be a platform where service providers will be able to integrate their service to be used directly from the superNET GUI. For example BTER exchange is planning on implementing their service to be fully usable from the superNET GUI.
-Integrating Bitmark's 'marking' reputation+trust system which integrates Martti Malmi's(sirius on here) Identifi. This will be helpful for using the asset exchange and to help rate any service provider on the network(or any object really).
-Decentralised peer to peer anonymous betting system via James' Privatebet tech.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 12:58:02 PM

The basic point of SuperNet/UNITY is really a technical one, and that seems to be getting lost in the number crunching.
When this works, it won't matter how the assets are structured, SuperNET will create a linked system of crypto-currencies (NXT, BBR, BTCD+ others) and services (such as Coinomat, or BTER) that will be able to offer pretty much every imaginable function of crypto currency from within one unified interface.

It makes a lot more sense to integrate the coins with the best implementations of a particular feature into a network, than for one currency to re-invent the wheel for every feature. As Este Uno says above, SuperNET will offer the best of the current crypto scene, in one package.
This could, very possibly, be the 'killer app' for crypto, bringing crypto into the mainstream.

I'm not saying that I have total, 100% blind faith in this project, but I have a lot of faith in jl777 and the community that is forming around SuperNET, I think they have the ability to make this happen, and if it works, its going to be massive.

Even if it fails, it'll still break new ground for crypto in general, so it's definitely worth a try.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
JCNC

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:23:21 PM

Too much controversy to invest.

For me, this is too easily a realistic theory:

A respected and intellectual guy decides one day that he can make enough money to essentially last him a life time. Although the project is revolutionary, they still stand to make so much money that they wouldn't have to work a day in their life ever again. Personally, how can anyone not see this as the primary source of motivation? Not only that, but once they have the money there is absolutely no reason why they can't just sell of the BTC and never ever return to the cryptocurrency community. Sure there would be rage from a lot of people, but would justice ever be done? No. So how the fuck can people think it's legit to invest a size-able amount of money into this.

If someone well known for their intelligence came along tomorrow and was also well respected and they offered a similar such service, however for cheaper. They'd just do the exact same, collect the BTC and run. That's what a smart person would do, not a honest one, but a smart one.

Although the above theory cannot be proved, neither can the latter. Do you really want to give a guy 10k BTC for a project like this? IMO, I'd work 20 years solid if I was promised that amount of money in the end. Do you really think in less than a year, whatever work, is deserved on that much money? Moral fags clearly have no place on the internet. Shame for me!
newuser01

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:31:10 PM

In other words, he will invest ICO money in the assets that he already owns and use investors money to pump his own assets and dump on buyers.

Thanks for info. Now it makes sence for me.

this
JCNC

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:34:58 PM

People in Monero would rather run away with your money and not NxT people, if you check who is Supernet doing then you will know that this is not only one person behind it.

Because it's such a diverse topic and quite large, it's hard for me to convey how much I actually do understand about this whole SuperNET project. Monero for me is something I really don't care about, or ever have for that matter, so I won't bother going into that. I have seen the vast team behind it (SuperNET), it all sounds  very convincing indeed. But even with all of that to back it up, don't underestimate the greed of people. No-one for sure knows what jl777 will do with that BTC once he has it. My bet says he'll never return, but that's just my opinion, of course I wish good luck to anyone that does choose to invest within it, I just do NOT value the project (which it could potentially be worth one day if everything is legit, but at start-up, get real!) at 3 million GBP (Yes I'm English, so whatever that is in USD). Smiley
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 01:54:22 PM

Too much controversy to invest.

For me, this is too easily a realistic theory:

A respected and intellectual guy decides one day that he can make enough money to essentially last him a life time. Although the project is revolutionary, they still stand to make so much money that they wouldn't have to work a day in their life ever again. Personally, how can anyone not see this as the primary source of motivation? Not only that, but once they have the money there is absolutely no reason why they can't just sell of the BTC and never ever return to the cryptocurrency community. Sure there would be rage from a lot of people, but would justice ever be done? No. So how the fuck can people think it's legit to invest a size-able amount of money into this.

If someone well known for their intelligence came along tomorrow and was also well respected and they offered a similar such service, however for cheaper. They'd just do the exact same, collect the BTC and run. That's what a smart person would do, not a honest one, but a smart one.

Although the above theory cannot be proved, neither can the latter. Do you really want to give a guy 10k BTC for a project like this? IMO, I'd work 20 years solid if I was promised that amount of money in the end. Do you really think in less than a year, whatever work, is deserved on that much money? Moral fags clearly have no place on the internet. Shame for me!

He's never going to have access to all of the BTC. It's all going to be held in multiple escrows.

And he's been holding a massive amount of NXT for a while now and he hasn't run yet. And this amount of money is currently more then he's ever likely to hold again during the course of the project. So if his plan was to scam a large sum of money he's either going to do in with in the next few days or he's not going to at all. I think it's pretty clear that he's not going to do it at this point. The window of opportunity for him to scam is closing rapidly.
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:00:08 PM

People in Monero would rather run away with your money and not NxT people, if you check who is Supernet doing then you will know that this is not only one person behind it.

Because it's such a diverse topic and quite large, it's hard for me to convey how much I actually do understand about this whole SuperNET project. Monero for me is something I really don't care about, or ever have for that matter, so I won't bother going into that. I have seen the vast team behind it (SuperNET), it all sounds  very convincing indeed. But even with all of that to back it up, don't underestimate the greed of people. No-one for sure knows what jl777 will do with that BTC once he has it. My bet says he'll never return, but that's just my opinion, of course I wish good luck to anyone that does choose to invest within it, I just do NOT value the project (which it could potentially be worth one day if everything is legit, but at start-up, get real!) at 3 million GBP (Yes I'm English, so whatever that is in USD). Smiley

It amazes me to understand how people can make up conclusion about something they not even took their time or researched what a escrow is. He can't run away with all the BTC because he don't have them.

This is like saying that Etherum people would run away with the BTC their got even tho they didn't used a escrow i think people behind those projects really have more inside their brain then to steal people Bitcoins.
Ethereum already spent some of the BTC they got from IPO
And as for supernet, funds are available as buyers got what they paid for
Moneroman88

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:00:39 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2014, 02:10:48 PM by Moneroman88

It amazes me to understand how people can make up conclusion about something they not even took their time or researched what a escrow is. He can't run away with all the BTC because he don't have them.

This is like saying that Etherum people would run away with the BTC their got even tho they didn't used a escrow i think people behind those projects really have more inside their brain then to steal people Bitcoins.

Complete bullshit, the scammer jl777 has over 27000000 NXT (that's 2100 BTC or 1 MILLION US DOLLARS) from selling those TOKEN assets in his NXT account to that only he, I repeat, ONLY HE HIMSELF has access.

http://www.nxtreporting.com/?ac=NXT-MRBN-8DFH-PFMK-A4DBM

He has this amount and can run away at anytime. He said his aim is 10000 BTC so don't expect him to run away before that date. Mark my words, once 10k BTC is full jl777 is going to be vanished. You guys will all cry like little babies then mourning for your losses that will never come back because the smart one took it. People never learn. If you don't believe then you'll have to feel, it was your brainless decision after all.
JCNC

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 02:27:28 PM

This reply was rude and unnecessary. I didn't slate the guy, I simply said that is this kind of system really worth that much money? Unless you are jl777 then you don't really know what his true intentions are so anything commented on is speculative. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even be commenting on these forums if I didn't know what Escrow is. However there are too many ways for getting around Escrow now, with certain clauses allowing the collection if minimal effort is met, etc. Bittrex is a prime example of a Escrow service (fair enough not the most reputable one currently) that fails on their Escrow terms and will just hand over BTC because they get some also. At the end of the day, like I said, it's too high risk for me. Maybe not for you and your masses of intelligence...

Which you clearly display here:

Keep talking. We still don't understood you.

Only just realised also your name is 'Stealcoin'. Made me laugh, have a nice day!

Oh and keep talking, We still don't understood you.

EDIT: Just like to add, your still saying at the end that people have more in their 'brains' than to just steal bitcoins. It doesn't make sense by the way, but I understand what you are trying to say. You're still not considering the idea that smarter people simply know how to make money in smarter ways. Just because someone does something cool doesn't mean that they don't want to earn a shit ton of money for it. Don't be so damn naive.
gadado

Activity: 965
Merit: 515

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 03:55:06 PM

Let us first talk about the elephant in the room. Who am I? And why the newbie account?

I am sure jl777 has a long, confusing explanation about cross section, horizontal, vertical assets and marketswaps (on the assets he owns, thats not even funny). I don't believe him and won't give 10k BTC to him. Do or would you?

It's a very good and well presented post. Thank you for this! Would like James to address it.

I am carefully invested in SuperNET and I wish I could invest more but I have indeed concerns too. James makes it hard to get a clear picture of what he is really up to.

I know one thing thought and this is that if the SuperNET comes to live than this will most certainly become a Gamer Changer for Crypto and I don't want to miss that oportunity to have my share of it. I see it as a high risk but high future reward investment. I really like his idea of a SuperNET.

In a twisted way your post supports an investment into SuperNET or more exactly his various assets at this point of time to me:

If we assume he is after money (people with a lot of money often want a lot more so not to fully exclude) and is pumping his assets then he will also pump the assets I am invested in (I made sure not to invest all in Unity alone). It's a pump and dump scenario then and we are at the early stage imo which means a lot of profit for one that can play this game.

However I really hope he is genius and honest and the SuperNet will be a success. It would help crypto a lot. You know we still have to make crypto mainstream and a crypto backbone net is a big ticket to it.

That he will make a lot of money doing this is to expect. That's not something negative to me as long as he will deliver.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:29:06 PM

Let us first talk about the elephant in the room. Who am I? And why the newbie account?

I am sure jl777 has a long, confusing explanation about cross section, horizontal, vertical assets and marketswaps (on the assets he owns, thats not even funny). I don't believe him and won't give 10k BTC to him. Do or would you?

It's a very good and well presented post. Thank you for this! Would like James to address it.

I'm not sure there is much to address to be honest. He's always been upfront about the nature of his assets. I don't think he's hiding anything. He owns large shares of his own assets and all of his assets are cross owned.
JCNC

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 04:58:14 PM

Rude ? Who is FUDing here with no facts that jl777 is a scammer ?

I was passing by and happened to see the thread, it was of interest as I had recently read the SuperNET one also. I clearly state in all my posts that I am not hating on jl777 or calling him a scammer but that it's still high risk and there is always the possibility of that in the future however unlikely. How is a business supposed to attract investors when upon questioning anything you are shouted down your neck at by it's loyalist of supporters? I call you "rude", due to the way you tend to insult me in every post rather than contribute something worthwhile to talk about.

How about i make 10 Threads now that rpietila and the bitcoin guys are scammers and Monero is a scam ?

I haven't created a single 'FUD' thread in my entire time here, nor have I contributed to it. Check my post history if you like, I simply took interest in this after reading the SuperNET thread.

I bet Bitcoin is a pump and Dump for you too like NxT coin.

I've never taken part in a 'pump and dump' and nor do I ever plan to either, I'm not the smartest guy ever and have very little money of my own to even 'invest' into the cryptomarket. Now who's making assumptions without any facts?

You did not even took your time to explain why it even could be a pump and dump while Promoting Monero coin which is clearly pushed only by pump groups.

I'm not stating anywhere it's a pump and dump, I'm not sure if it is the language barrier because you're English obviously isn't perfect, but you're really not understanding what I'm trying to say. I'm not really sure why I'm even replying to you as your reply is likely going to be ridiculous.
CryptoCarmen

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

★Bitin.io★ - Instant Exchange

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:17:49 PM

So the guy made 4000 posts on this forum in one year, but did not bothered to reply on this post?
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:20:51 PM

So the guy made 4000 posts on this forum in one year, but did not bothered to reply on this post?

There's nothing really to reply to, if you have any questions he seems to be answering them in the official superNET thread.
vuduchyld

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:27:06 PM

There's nothing really to reply to, if you have any questions he seems to be answering them in the official superNET thread.

Where is the official Supernet thread?
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 09:55:55 PM

Where is the official Supernet thread?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=762346.0

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
September 15, 2014, 11:56:23 PM

I'd rather have him coding than posting, tbh.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: