May 11, 2024, 03:11:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
kerbos5

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 03:25:12 AM

Great Job Devs!!....keep up the good work, I am so impressed to see the FoldingCoin team (226728) go from rank 387 to 190 in just 5 weeks!!
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 04:07:07 AM

Great Job Devs!!....keep up the good work, I am so impressed to see the FoldingCoin team (226728) go from rank 387 to 190 in just 5 weeks!!
We wouldn't be anywhere without LetsTalkBitcoin! They have been incredibly valuable to us. Also without all your support in folding to create medicines.

Also check out new ways to earn FLDC http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/fldc-uses/

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
John776

Activity: 22

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 12:20:07 PM

Excited about the meetup, i look forward to see how it turns out
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 01:05:55 PM

Excited about the meetup, i look forward to see how it turns out
We are excited to Smiley We have 7 more meetings and we hope to gain at least half of those. Once we get 4 meetups on board we will be going back to Melotic to show we are making great strides in becoming useful. Once we prove to them we are not a pump and dup coin, they should add us to their market. Yeah!

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 25, 2014, 05:49:28 PM

Announcing the Denver Cryptocurrency Meetup as the first official FLDC meetup! Please go here for more information http://foldingcoin.net/index.php/meet-ups/fldc-meetup-groups

We will be working on the page, I just wanted something up asap

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:09:38 AM

All folding teams, not just FLDC, had a WU blackout between 12am and 12pm on 9/23.

But if you notice the 24hr average in comparison to the units produced today . If you do the math, we are probably gonna be around 5.5 million instead of 7-8 million like we should be. I looked around at the other teams and averages are faling across the board.

I took a look at my rigs and many of them have been folding core 16 instead of 17. I had to delete the GPUs from configuration, then I had to restart and add them again. This brought them back to core 17, but I dont know if it will change back again. No information is on the internet about this, but if you can find a good source post it here http://letstalkbitcoin.com/forum/post/black-out-on-9-23 and we will pay you a 250 FLDC Bounty. I will keep searching and we will keep paying until we find the answer to this.  

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 06:59:08 AM

how long can it take until a WU is being credited ?
I added another computer using same username+passkey, uploaded a 70kPPD worth WU. but it didn't credited for a few hours already

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 11:42:19 AM

how long can it take until a WU is being credited ?
I added another computer using same username+passkey, uploaded a 70kPPD worth WU. but it didn't credited for a few hours already
It can take up to 24 hours after you finish it

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 04:39:30 PM

FAH just released a statement, they are looking into the credit issue https://folding.stanford.edu/home/issues-with-new-assignment-server-code/

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 01:02:04 AM

Found out from Stanford that the issue is the new server they have is handing out more core 15 and 16 then it should. They are rolling back to the old server until the issue is resolved.

FBSoulMan

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
September 27, 2014, 06:34:44 AM

We have completed a major upgrade to the FoldingCoin website http://www.foldingcoin.net.

The development team has been busy in the last few weeks adding a whole bunch of new content. Things were getting pretty crowded and the team felt it was time for a re-organization and visual refresh. That work was made live tonight.

Check it out and let us know what you think. We're open to comments and feedback.

If you find anything missing that was on the old site, please let us know and we will get it added back in.

One of the nice things about doing a site-wide overhaul is that you get to review all content. Do you realize on our first daily payout August 11th there were only 9 folders paid? Here we are September 27th, a mere 7 weeks later, and we have over 80 active folders and our daily folding credits have increased about 9x. That's great for Stanford's science.

Thank you folders, you are truly Mining for Medicine!
deathmul

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 12:38:03 PM

We have completed a major upgrade to the FoldingCoin website http://www.foldingcoin.net.

The development team has been busy in the last few weeks adding a whole bunch of new content. Things were getting pretty crowded and the team felt it was time for a re-organization and visual refresh. That work was made live tonight.

Check it out and let us know what you think. We're open to comments and feedback.

If you find anything missing that was on the old site, please let us know and we will get it added back in.

One of the nice things about doing a site-wide overhaul is that you get to review all content. Do you realize on our first daily payout August 11th there were only 9 folders paid? Here we are September 27th, a mere 7 weeks later, and we have over 80 active folders and our daily folding credits have increased about 9x. That's great for Stanford's science.

Thanks, now site is looking very nice;)
Any updates with exchanges?

cvaky

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 02:38:33 PM

How much FOLD / day can get with 6950 / 6990 or 5970 ?
Thanks.
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 05:36:50 PM

Thanks, now site is looking very nice;)
Any updates with exchanges?
Bter just got more information for me, you can vote on c-cex, We will talk to melotic again once we have 4 Meetups on board to show them that we have a real world use, and poloniex is pending review

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:01:27 PM

How much FOLD / day can get with 6950 / 6990 or 5970 ?
Thanks.
I have a 5990 and i tell you it does about 40,000 PPD. The 59xx series is not that great for folding in my experience, its my only one though.
I do not have either of the other two so i am not sure. But i do have a couple 6870's that do about 13,000 PPD, but they are still on ribbons so i think that might be low, im getting new mobos soon for them

John776

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 06:55:40 PM

New site looks great, love the twitter feed
uuxel

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:21:27 PM

183 position  Grin Hope that we will catch Curecoin very soon  Grin
John776

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:35:38 PM

183 position  Grin Hope that we will catch Curecoin very soon  Grin
There coin doesnt have the platform that we have, they are a generic altcoin. I feel the counterparty platform is much better, especially with all the features that ltb is releasing that are counterparty ready. I feel its only a matter of time
majeis

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2014, 07:54:02 PM

This seems to be one of the few projects out there not where the dev isn't doing this for personal gain, and even if they were, the good this project does by making actual contributions to research offsets any of that in the grand scheme of things.

Nice one.  Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
   ███████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
██████████
███████
BTC  ◉PLAY  ◉XMR  ◉DOGE  ◉STRAT  ◉ETH  ◉GRC  ◉LTC  ◉DASH  ◉PPC
     ▄▄██████████████▄▄
  ▄██████████████████████▄        █████
▄██████████████████████████▄      █████
████ ▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄ ████     ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ▄██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██▀
████ █████ ██████ █████ ████    ██
████ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▀▀ ████ ▄██████▄
████████████████████████████ ████████
███████▀            ▀███████ ▀██████▀
█████▀                ▀█████
▀██████████████████████████▀
  ▀▀████████████████████▀▀ 
DICE           
BLACKJACK
PLINKO       
VIDEO POKER
ROULETTE     
LOTTO            
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2014, 12:39:37 AM

This seems to be one of the few projects out there not where the dev isn't doing this for personal gain, and even if they were, the good this project does by making actual contributions to research offsets any of that in the grand scheme of things.

Nice one.  Smiley
Thank you for your kind words Smiley we do love doing this for multiple reasons. It started with just trying to find a way to keep GPUs busy now that ASIC took over the market, but it has evolved to so much more. Now that I see the full power of grid computing beyond just BTC, i think many projects like this will start to pop up all over the place. The funny thing is, FAH and BOINC are the original Grid computing projects, they just never got as popular becuase people couldnt make money. Now making money isnt a bad thing, especially in BTC case where you can make money AND find a better financial system that the entire world can depend on. That gave a reason to develop hardware that could do SHA256 at an astronomical rate, otherwise it would have never been needed.

How great would it be if FoldingCoin followed suite. What if this coin became great enough where people develop an ASIC for folding proteins. This already exists, its called an Anton Supercomputer, but it is expensive and not public ready anytime soon. But with enough popularity, antons could be developed for people to fold with and make money, and at the same time increase the FAH network to limits nobody thought possible.

FLDC would be nowhere without the great positive feedback that the FLDC community has given, and of course the Devs who also arent looking to make a quick buck, but rather do something cool and interesting that not only gives us something fun to do in our off time, but possibly change the world. Thanks everybody!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: