May 05, 2024, 07:51:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: No Current Poll
NA - 0 (0%)
NA - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 109 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FoldingCoin - MINE FOR MEDICINE- PHASE 2.0  (Read 473621 times)
Jonesd
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 04:55:29 AM

Hi Weex,

Jona here.Smiley Thanks for you feedback. You make valid points.

1) A way to keep people better up to date with a mailing list, makes a lot of sense. I will discuss this with Robert. The three month voting will make things a bit too slow, though. Perhaps a 2/3 majority or two election rounds would be better?

2) Scraping is something we might do or vote upon if too many people are unhappy about it, I suppose. Do you think a clear budget of how we will spend it on which timeframe might appease you?

3) I don't see it as complaining what you're doing. Feedback is really valuable Smiley

On the price, I have no clear idea either. I suppose we hyped a bit in January and are seeing some people selling their coins again. Still our daily trades are way up and our price is still triple from what it was before the hype.

Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Block Bastards

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 05:55:12 AM

Hey Jona,

On 1) pretty much anything should improve the situation there.

2) I like to use Bitcoin as a model as much as possible so I wouldn't opt for a budget. Better would be to reaffirm that all undistributed coins will be distributed for folding and nothing else. FLDCs long-term value and the monetary incentive to fold very much depend on that trusted distribution mechanic.

It sure would be great to hear from some of the voters to understand how they saw this out-of-schedule distribution affecting the value of their FLDC. I haven't done the analysis but is there enough volume to support them all cashing out each day?

Totallye agree on the communications part with you.  That is on me as I should have thought about that earlier.  Will work on that.

About the 100 mln coins I have mixed feelings.  We would have a way to reward contributors for helping out,  but on the other hand, we're a non-profit and all unpaid. Perhaps we will be able to find developers that just want to help out (like we already have James and Chad).

What do you think would be the best way to get the word out there?

Did bitcoin not have a premine of a 100,000, btw?

FoldingCoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2015, 06:39:51 AM

Hey Jona,

On 1) pretty much anything should improve the situation there.

2) I like to use Bitcoin as a model as much as possible so I wouldn't opt for a budget. Better would be to reaffirm that all undistributed coins will be distributed for folding and nothing else. FLDCs long-term value and the monetary incentive to fold very much depend on that trusted distribution mechanic.

It sure would be great to hear from some of the voters to understand how they saw this out-of-schedule distribution affecting the value of their FLDC. I haven't done the analysis but is there enough volume to support them all cashing out each day?

Totallye agree on the communications part with you.  That is on me as I should have thought about that earlier.  Will work on that.

About the 100 mln coins I have mixed feelings.  We would have a way to reward contributors for helping out,  but on the other hand, we're a non-profit and all unpaid. Perhaps we will be able to find developers that just want to help out (like we already have James and Chad).

What do you think would be the best way to get the word out there?

Did bitcoin not have a premine of a 100,000, btw?

So I do not think rolling back votes is an option, like weex said that defeats the purpose of the votes. However we really need to go back and find a way to fix the wording of everything, but this must be done with the community. The Blockchain voting is still new so we have growing pains.

Weex if you follow us on Twitter we tweet about everything we do including community updates, but I understand a mailing list would be easier for some. We will look into setting that up as its a good idea.

Right now we are not touching the 100mill as the vote that passed had no given timeline, for now they are just separated. We want to get as much feedback from the community as possible before doing anything, but the fact is that selling them on exchanges is a 100% no go. It's unsafe, would drop the price, and the demand is simply not there.

Jona I think yes bitcoin had a premine, but it doesn't really count as a premine because it was the first of its kind I consider that testing. However I get what your getting at and almost every single coin out there has some sort of crowd sale or premine to help fund the project. That was one of the things that is actually really attractive about FLDC so there is pros and cons to this vote for sure.

Robert Ross - FoldingCoin Inc Administrator, Board Member -
FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:36:38 AM

Still crickets from folders.
Yeah it dropped a little again today. We are working heavy on the marketplace to drive more interest in folding again. I am actually taking ruby classes right now so i can help in the coding effort, puling long nights and drinking many monsters Cheesy

I know right now we are in kind of a dry period, but that happens with all coins once development slows down, we are just on to bigger projects. Hang tight though as great days are ahead of us Smiley

FLDC Twitter: @foldingcoin - Skype: foldingcoin - Email: rross@foldingcoin.net - Join the Discord: Join Link My handle is @pooktwo#7260
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:37:27 AM

Still crickets from folders.
I just realized that you are talking about the 100 million FLDC, yeah no one really commenting either side on this one. Would you like to skype with me sometime to discuss this further as you tend to be one of the more active community members?

SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 01:41:06 PM

I voted and suggested it because the Asset founder said he need money
(right now 100M worth 40BTC or almost 10k$)
I don't mean money to pay to developers and lawyers, but to have something to live while promoting and running FLDC
and also in my idea i meant to sell it in one bulk, like a crowdsale... and not to release to market at unkown times and and unknown amounts
I guess that if https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/full-time-non-profit-developer-looking-for-funding would get filled up, the voting could be cancelled

one thing that bother about the vote validity - many big folders (and most of them are probably curecoiners..) are folding directly to an exchange wallet (to auto-sell or save it there. and to reduce tx fees for themselves). and they did not have access to their FLDCVOTEIII.

this is still the best 'alt' for mining, not profitable anymore..

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 08:56:19 PM

I voted and suggested it because the Asset founder said he need money
(right now 100M worth 40BTC or almost 10k$)
I don't mean money to pay to developers and lawyers, but to have something to live while promoting and running FLDC
and also in my idea i meant to sell it in one bulk, like a crowdsale... and not to release to market at unkown times and and unknown amounts
I guess that if https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/full-time-non-profit-developer-looking-for-funding would get filled up, the voting could be cancelled

one thing that bother about the vote validity - many big folders (and most of them are probably curecoiners..) are folding directly to an exchange wallet (to auto-sell or save it there. and to reduce tx fees for themselves). and they did not have access to their FLDCVOTEIII.

this is still the best 'alt' for mining, not profitable anymore..

Yeah Salim we have learned big time with the last vote that a lot of work needs to be done to the voting system. Since the first 2 votes where kind of given votes that everyone wanted we did not run into any issues because no one really argued, with this vote all of the issues we have with this system have become known

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 11, 2015, 09:36:27 PM

FOLDINGCOIN UPDATE

The end of March and beginning of April was an important period for FoldingCoin as we were granted a 100mln undistributed FLDC and have a possible new merged folding token joining us!

FLDCVOTEIII vote on 100 mln FLDC
Quite unexpected, we were granted the 100 million of undistributed tokens by the community. Some people are not happy about this as they’re worried that this will dilute the value of FLDC as it could being dumped. We would like to assure you the following things:
- We will not dump the 100 mln on the exchanges
- A budget will be drawn up on how to spend the FLDC that first has to be agreed upon by a new vote.
We would love to continue discussions on this so we encourage everyone to contribute to the conversation over in the thread.

Voting System
We have learned some very valuable lessons with this last vote. FoldingCoin right now is one of the first projects pioneering the idea of blockchain-based voting. There has been attempts in the past by projects such as Swarm and Petamine, but these were discontinued. We are proud that FoldingCoin is looking to test the waters with blockchain voting, but growing pains can be expected.
Things to be voted upon first have to be acknowledged and discussed by the community on Let’sTalkBitcoin during PHASE 1. This phase runs for a month and after sufficient discussion, the idea will be voted upon in PHASE 2.  With our last vote it seems it was not vetted well as it was submitted at the end of PHASE 1 and with this, went to PHASE 2 after less than a day.
Votes can be suggested at the last minute of the last day of the month. This leaves the issue of others not being able to give opinions on rules that are being suggested. This is a problem because once a vote goes to phase 2, the wording of the rules cannot be changed and if the rule is vague such as the most recent vote, the current system does not allow for this to be fixed.
With the above problems mentioned it is safe to say that the voting system needs some work in order to be more properly used. Please contribute to the forums to discuss this.

Off Chain
James and Chad have been working on the Off Chain distribution system. At the same time we have been in contact with another project that might be able solve the current issues we have with the distribution system altogether. This means that the off chain system might not be needed if we can come to an agreement with them. More details soon.

Counterparty Marketplace
Chad took the lead on the Marketplace so far. During the Dogedcoindark Radio show on the 27th, Chris DeRose (Counterparty Community Director) made us aware of the fact that he currently has a fully open sourced marketplace project that he created some years ago written in Ruby on Rails. This project is called CoinPost and is mostly ready for implementation. Counterparty plugins and updates are needed because this project has not been worked on in a few years . Chad is taking ruby classes now and works on a prototype server running CoinPost. We love to release this as a beta version as soon as we can get it to work with Counterparty. All of the features that we wish to have with the marketplace such as arbiter, auction, ext can be added as we go along, but getting a working version is the first step.

Spent Donation Funds
We have spent some of the funds on the following things:
501(c)3 - We use the services of 501c3.org and they recently had electrical issues so they are a bit behind. They will get back to us as soon on the progress, so this is still pending at this moment.
Merchandise - We ordered 24 T-Shirts and 6 Hats for $300. Each member of the team will receive 2 T-Shirts and 1 Hat so we each have FLDC apparel for events. The remaining 12 T-Shirts will be sold for BTC or FLDC on the website. The hope is to sell all of the shirts at $20 each, making $240. This is enough money to buy an additional 24-48 shirts that we can once again sell for $20. As this continues we will continue to create more merchandise and the hope is to turn the profits from these 12 initial shirts into an ongoing stream of income for others to continue to purchase.

Merged Folding: SkullTokens
Another potential Merged Folding partner, SkullTokens, has emerged. This is an in-game currency that is found via a Roblox treasure hunting game. One goes around a map and searches for BTC private keys that have SkullTokens held within the private key. This coin was discontinued, but a Skull community member wants to revive the coin using maps from Roblox and running a Minecraft server introducing an actual use for the token within the game. More is to come from this as we continue working with the Skull community.

Public Meeting
We held the second public meeting on April 5. Please click here for more information and a full recap/link to the meeting. The next public meeting will be held May 3rd, 2015 at 3PM EDT. We hope to see you there!

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 03:37:26 AM

We need a name for the marketplace we are building. We would love suggestions from the community on this. We wish to avoid using crypto or counter or party or folding related words in the name as we want this to be catchy for the general public. Please leave a comment here on your suggestions

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:23:08 PM

this question is difficult
I don't know ..

TrackCoin1

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 05:30:59 PM

The Logo looks as DNA fold many surprises can hide in to the this DNA. So I waiting to see only unexpected wonderful surprise... Wink

Jonesd
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 06:12:54 PM

Counterparty 101 - #4 Asset Creation

#4 of our Counterparty series on the creation of assets!

SalimNagamato
Legendary

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 07:32:53 PM

when will Stanford find a cure ?  Angry

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2015, 09:37:25 PM

The biggest reason why these diseases have not been cured is because every protein and DNA strand that Miss folds has a zillion ways that I could stop folding improperly. So it will take a whileto find the cure if not enough people for which is why projects like folding coin are essential to bring more adoption to fah.

Also everyone the payouts for yesterday and today will be pushed in the next few hours.

K210

Activity: 1568
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 08:10:21 AM

The biggest reason why these diseases have not been cured is because every protein and DNA strand that Miss folds has a zillion ways that I could stop folding improperly. So it will take a whileto find the cure if not enough people for which is why projects like folding coin are essential to bring more adoption to fah.

Also everyone the payouts for yesterday and today will be pushed in the next few hours.

how is the marketplace coming along?
FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 09:59:51 PM

how is the marketplace coming along?
The marketplace is coming along great! We have the server setup and running, just running at this point Cheesy The big thing we need right now from the community is a name. Any suggestions?

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:08:51 PM

Foldingville?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:09:45 PM

Foldingville?
Its nice, but we want to avoid any words relating to crypto, folding, btc, ext in order to attract more users outside of the crypto space

madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
April 15, 2015, 10:13:33 PM

swap pit, market central?

FoldingCoin (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2015, 05:14:39 AM

Still work that needs to be done on the server. Thank you everyone for hanging tight during this update. Distributions will continue as soon as we can

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 109 »
  Print  

Jump to: